Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
how about rooms that open by default when you open ps? like a list of your "favourite" rooms that you dont have to look for once you start. If that' possible, i think that it would make a great addition. Or maybe it exists and i'm a fool
Autojoin is being worked on, but don't expect its implementation soon. I don't believe it's quite high on the priorities list.

Custom Game is only intended to be used to battle people you know will play according to the rules you decide, or for debug purposes.
Actually on the note of custom games, it'd be nice if EVs could be changed to impossible values abouve 252 for the purpose of emulating stats. There are people who like to test out their ideas of what mega pokemon would be like, and it's far easier to emulate a base stat increase with EVs than it is to raise the level to like, 125 and the have to carefully go through and balance all the stats that didn't get boosted.

So I had a funny idea I wanted to share. I don't have the time to implement this (and probably not the fortitude either), but I thought it might tickle someone as amusing.

1. Write an autoit script (or in javascript?) so that a program can play Pokemon Showdown by interacting with the UI.
2. Wire up this program to a SQL database.
3. Store this database with the following (probably one or two database table each):
a. Gym Leader "Personalities"
b. All Pokemon
c. All Pokemon moves
d. All Pokemon abilities
e. All common move pools from Smogon for each pokemon
f. Common stat arrangements from Smogon for each pokemon
g. Gym Leader "battle quotes" from the game

4. Write in autoit or javascript (or something) to create the following routine:
A. Generate a team based on the "Gym Leader Personality" (for example let's say "Koga"); pick 6 monotyped pokemon (probably heavily favor pokemon like Crobat and Muk and Venomoth over crappy poison types like Swalot)
B. Use move pools and stat arrangements from database for each pokemon
C. Save team, search for a battle
D. Type into the chat box a quote from table g every 1-3 turns
E. Use an AI algorithm to select moves, probably based on minimax or some kind of limited tree searching algorithm, using the aformentioned database tables to predict the opponent's moves (if Gengar has Shadow Ball and Gigadrain he's likely to have Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, let's say, so the computer won't try to put in someone x4 weak to those moves either).
F. Terrorize Showdown with a swarm of Gym Leader impersonating AI battlers.
This is a very interesting idea, however isn't really relevant to what showdown exists for, which is compeditive player vs. player battling. This would also be considerably resource intensive and I know they'd never dedicate the server to it. That being said, it's totally possible to do everything you just said with a complex bot AI, so it could be made independent of showdown if you find somebody with enough motivation and knowhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had a funny idea I wanted to share. I don't have the time to implement this (and probably not the fortitude either), but I thought it might tickle someone as amusing.

1. Write an autoit script (or in javascript?) so that a program can play Pokemon Showdown by interacting with the UI.
2. Wire up this program to a SQL database.
3. Store this database with the following (probably one or two database table each):
a. Gym Leader "Personalities"
b. All Pokemon
c. All Pokemon moves
d. All Pokemon abilities
e. All common move pools from Smogon for each pokemon
f. Common stat arrangements from Smogon for each pokemon
g. Gym Leader "battle quotes" from the game

4. Write in autoit or javascript (or something) to create the following routine:
A. Generate a team based on the "Gym Leader Personality" (for example let's say "Koga"); pick 6 monotyped pokemon (probably heavily favor pokemon like Crobat and Muk and Venomoth over crappy poison types like Swalot)
B. Use move pools and stat arrangements from database for each pokemon
C. Save team, search for a battle
D. Type into the chat box a quote from table g every 1-3 turns
E. Use an AI algorithm to select moves, probably based on minimax or some kind of limited tree searching algorithm, using the aformentioned database tables to predict the opponent's moves (if Gengar has Shadow Ball and Gigadrain he's likely to have Thunderbolt and Focus Blast, let's say, so the computer won't try to put in someone x4 weak to those moves either).
F. Terrorize Showdown with a swarm of Gym Leader impersonating AI battlers.
This can't be done (meaning don't expect all that to happen). Why?

1) Will take insane amount of space and put load on the server.
2) The above, and infinitial lag.
3) This folder in the server code's Git has all the Pokemons, moves, abilities and learnsets as wholes. (if by database you mean what I just linked you to...)
4) Gym Leader stuff isn't competitive in any way. The only thing extracted from anime/games are game mechanics (unless Other Metagames) and avatars.
5) Smogon spreads are too many to be implemented on PS!, and anyways, they are edited and updated a lot to be matched according to tiering shifts.
6) Lol the Gym Leader impersonating AI battling bots are actually a good idea for April Fools but too much work and no-one gets payed doing so, anyways...

And that's only some of the reasons why your ideas will not most certainly, but WILL be rejected because of. But even though that won't be accepted or added in the list of possible things in the future of PS!, thanks for the suggestion anyways. n_n

DonVGC

formerly ArmoredGuns
Illegal Pokemon like Encore + Perish song Azumarill are permitted, even in the VGC ladder. Please fix this.

I have some ideas I wanted to share for a while:

1) When you click "Ignore Spectators," you can ignore the users joining as well. Because you know, users that know they'll being ignored / modchat + is on can just join using messages (U ARE TERRIBAD joined.) a lot.
2) "/battlehelp" command. It can assist users to see various battle commands.
3) Being able to ban users from a battle. If the battler can ban a user from their battle instead of reporting them to a moderator / driver, they can save time by just banning them from there. If you ban without reason, the banned user can report them to a global about power abuse. The following punishment(s) would be: battler gets banned form the battle and warned to stop.
4) When choosing a Pokemon, there should a list of "Viable Items" for Competitive Battling.

Just a few suggestions. #3 is kinda weird XD

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
I have some ideas I wanted to share for a while:

1) When you click "Ignore Spectators," you can ignore the users joining as well. Because you know, users that know they'll being ignored / modchat + is on can just join using messages (U ARE TERRIBAD joined.) a lot.
2) "/battlehelp" command. It can assist users to see various battle commands.
3) Being able to ban users from a battle. If the battler can ban a user from their battle instead of reporting them to a moderator / driver, they can save time by just banning them from there. If you ban without reason, the banned user can report them to a global about power abuse. The following punishment(s) would be: battler gets banned form the battle and warned to stop.
4) When choosing a Pokemon, there should a list of "Viable Items" for Competitive Battling.

Just a few suggestions. #3 is kinda weird XD
1.) I'm pretty sure that doing the command /privateroom is the closest you can get, since no one can join the battle without directly getting the link from someone, or getting invited.
2.) -things- (Not sure what to put here.)
3.) That could easily be abused, let's be real here. Battler 1: Oh look, my friend joined. Battler 2: NONONO GET OUT YOU NEWBLET. (Just a possibility, but you get what I mean.)
4.) Though that would be pretty kickass, you can easily just check some usage stats to see the most commonly used items on each Pokemon, not to mention making a list of viable items for EACH Pokemon would be a huge time consuming project, one that I doubt most people would wanna do.

This can't be done (meaning don't expect all that to happen). Why?

1) Will take insane amount of space and put load on the server.
2) The above, and infinitial lag.
3) This folder in the server code's Git has all the Pokemons, moves, abilities and learnsets as wholes. (if by database you mean what I just linked you to...)
4) Gym Leader stuff isn't competitive in any way. The only thing extracted from anime/games are game mechanics (unless Other Metagames) and avatars.
5) Smogon spreads are too many to be implemented on PS!, and anyways, they are edited and updated a lot to be matched according to tiering shifts.
6) Lol the Gym Leader impersonating AI battling bots are actually a good idea for April Fools but too much work and no-one gets payed doing so, anyways...

And that's only some of the reasons why your ideas will not most certainly, but WILL be rejected because of. But even though that won't be accepted or added in the list of possible things in the future of PS!, thanks for the suggestion anyways. n_n
Thanks for the response. It was mainly a joke idea, but if I were to ever implement it, I would never suggest it go on a Smogon/PS server. It would have to reside on its own server for the tree AI searching stuff, I know that much, it's computationally heavy after a few look-aheads.

Before i start this is not asking for a mobile app...

Apologies if this has been brought up before. I did a quick search and didn't hit anything....

I often play on my phone and sometimes have a hard time clicking the mega evolve button since its so small and so close to the attack button. Any way the interface for it could be improved would be awesome.

This is pretty minor, and I don't know if this is the place, but I think Cosmic Power should be removed from "Usable Moves" and put under "Moves."

Cosmic Power doesn't have any viable users. The most common users of it are Clefable and Sigilyph, but their Cosmic Power sets are outclassed by their respective Calm Mind sets and thus are quite bad. Both mons are weak prior to set up and take quite a while to set up. With Cosmic Power being under Usable Moves, it could promote the use of aforementioned sets among newer players trying to get into competitive battling, and they really shouldn't be used. Putting it under moves makes it harder to find can dissuade the use of these moves somewhat.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know everyone desires that 4 player multi battle mode but I for one would be interested in seeing the Multi Battle format but still played by two players against each other. Could be interesting to see the options available in that kind of setting.

I'm really sorry if this has been suggested before but can we get a banner that stays on top of the lobby like a tournament banner that says the ladder is down when it is? It'll make life a lot easier because people can just see that it's down and maybe even a bit of notes and a timer (maybe not but definitely notes like when it'll be up and what people can do at the time)?

In damage calculator, could be useful keep last Pokémon selected in combobox, when you want change the Pokémon filter. In this way, it would be user-friendly choice other 'mon set, if it's loaded.

Last edited:

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
this will take some time to do, but i think that it would be a cool feature: a command like /vary that would show how much BP a heavy slam would do coming from it (green color text if it can learn it, red if it cant), how much BP a gyro ball would do if it had min speed, how much BP a grass knot would do to it (ik /dt shows that but it would be cool to have it all at the same place) and so on. I know this would take some time, but it must have taken some time to do the stats and abilities, so i dont think its impossible. Thoughts?

Could Synchronoise be added to the damage calculator? It's a common move in the Fairy Face-off, so it would be helpful if it was selectable from the dropdown rather than needing to specify the power, type and damage category (which causes it to show up as "(No Move)").

Could Synchronoise be added to the damage calculator? It's a common move in the Fairy Face-off, so it would be helpful if it was selectable from the dropdown rather than needing to specify the power, type and damage category (which causes it to show up as "(No Move)").
Just choose another move, such as psychic, and change its power to 120.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On the /dexsearch function, it would be nice to have a criteria for stats, as an example, /ds ou, spe>90 (something like that), similar to the one on irc.

Sorry if this has also been suggested and thanks for listening to everyones suggestions!

CAP doubles please!

I feel it's a waste of some great CAPmon to not have their strengths tested and flexed in doubles.
Plus the more the merrier on battle options right?

I'd like to suggest a No Hacks Mode, for the more competitive games on showdown, and that the coding be altered from normal game play in this tier.
Here's a list of things I think would be cool; feel free to chime in too:

1. The accuracy of all moves with accuracy 90 or higher becomes accuracy 100. (This includes moves that become accuracy 90 or higher from Victory Star.)
2. All effects of moves with 10% chance to happen become 0% chance; (such as Flamethrower's 10% to burn, and Ice Punch's 10% chance to condition.)
3. Paralyzed can no longer cause full paralysis, only half speed.
4. All moves with a critical hit chance of less than 12.5% have their critical hit chances reduced to 0%. If the pokemon being hit by an attack has any defense increases, then all moves will keep their original critical hit chances. (Scope Lens will stack up to be the only way to achieve a 6.25% chance to crit a pokemon without defense increases, whereas moves with innately high crit chances will remain at 12.5%; Focus Kingdra can still have a 100% chance to crit.)
5. Damage rolls always roll exactly average damage percentages, they can neither roll high nor low.

So, this is why I feel as though this is a good idea: because I'm mad. I'm done missing Draco Meteor with Victini on my team, it's a 99% chance to actually hit! I'm really annoyed getting fully paralyzed for like 3 turns in a row, and there's nothing I can do about it. I especially don't like getting hit by a critical hit that costs me the game and the like of that stuff. I know some people like the excitement of the rolls and chances, but I know the pain of the many of us who really despise hacks, so I suggest implementing this mode for our sake. Hopefully some kind of thought will go into this, because the community would probably love it. It doesn't have to replace the normal tiers or become standard in tournaments, but I would hope to see it for the benefit of those new to the game and those easily angered, and hopefully it can be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)