Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the band set does have an analysis that is pending. Reason why there wasn't a set onsite is probably because locking yourself into your STAB when Aegislash exists on 1/3 of teams is not a good idea.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
escarlata said:
Aegislash exists on 1/3 of teams
existed, also heatran became popular as the Shut-Up-Talon 'mon, so it had to be careful with what moves it locked in, and Talonflame doesn't have many options there.

I know that if a Pokemon has a double weakness to Stealth Rocks, its HP should be EVed to be odd. Does the same thing apply for other match ups with Rocks?

Good teammates for AV Azumarill + Mew? And is Jolly 252HP/4SpDef/252Speed worth running on Mew, I like the extra speed since base 100 is pretty crowded, but am open to other opinions on it.

Good teammates for AV Azumarill + Mew? And is Jolly 252HP/4SpDef/252Speed worth running on Mew, I like the extra speed since base 100 is pretty crowded, but am open to other opinions on it.
Few things actually run 252+ at base 100, mostly preferring either the additional bulk or power. The only things I think run max speed are SubToxic Jirachi, who you shouldn't be fighting imo, and Medicham, who you're going to beat anyways.

As for teammates, Ferrothorn might fit nicely. Leech Seed helps take the edge off of the other two, you can get your Stealth Rocks, and it should make for a decent bulky core for a balance team.

Few things actually run 252+ at base 100, mostly preferring either the additional bulk or power. The only things I think run max speed are SubToxic Jirachi, who you shouldn't be fighting imo, and Medicham, who you're going to beat anyways.

As for teammates, Ferrothorn might fit nicely. Leech Seed helps take the edge off of the other two, you can get your Stealth Rocks, and it should make for a decent bulky core for a balance team.
Yeah I was thinking of Ferro. So what would you recommend for speed EVs (assuming Jolly Mew, since that's what I have on cart)? And would Kyu-B work well as a fourth member?

Yeah I was thinking of Ferro. So what would you recommend for speed EVs (assuming Jolly Mew, since that's what I have on cart)? And would Kyu-B work well as a fourth member?
I'm kinda running the assumption that you're gonna be using Stallbreaker, so correct me if I'm wrong here. The standard spread is 252 HP, 104 Def, and 152 Speed with an Impish nature, the Speed being for outrunning Jolly MegaCross. With Jolly, the closest thing I could get was 252 HP, 200 Def, and 56 Speed. This drops you two points in defense, which is w/e, but it does nab you a jump point in speed, which lets you outrun mons running the first spread, which imo is pretty handy.

Kyu-B would work out alright, I reckon. Specially based attacker seems like it'd work out best here, Heatran with Lava Plume messes your team up quite a bit since Azu can't switch in without fearing a burn, so something that doesn't mind quite as much would be nice.

I'm kinda running the assumption that you're gonna be using Stallbreaker, so correct me if I'm wrong here. The standard spread is 252 HP, 104 Def, and 152 Speed with an Impish nature, the Speed being for outrunning Jolly MegaCross. With Jolly, the closest thing I could get was 252 HP, 200 Def, and 56 Speed. This drops you two points in defense, which is w/e, but it does nab you a jump point in speed, which lets you outrun mons running the first spread, which imo is pretty handy.

Kyu-B would work out alright, I reckon. Specially based attacker seems like it'd work out best here, Heatran with Lava Plume messes your team up quite a bit since Azu can't switch in without fearing a burn, so something that doesn't mind quite as much would be nice.
Sounds good to me. Thanks for being so helpful!

Any viability in a defensive set a for non mega scizor? I dont mean bulky but like..actually running a defensive nature? Or is it only viable with the def boost?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Any viability in a defensive set a for non mega scizor? I dont mean bulky but like..actually running a defensive nature? Or is it only viable with the def boost?
It's pretty outclassed, however the Leftovers recovery helps it from being totally outclassed. I'd actually recommend special defense > physical defense, since it lets you counter Gardevoir. However, if this doesn't really interest you, defense for Drill also works.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
What are currently the best SR setters in OU who do not need it to be teached via move tutor?
tyranitar gets it via egg and matches up well against the common defog users (ie latios, latias, mandibuzz, and even skarmory if you teach it fire blast)

What are currently the best SR setters in OU who do not need it to be teached via move tutor?
Ferroseed and Tyranitar are the best Pokemon that can get Stealth Rock without Pokemon Bank. Other than that there is Diance and Forretres who are bad but if you really need Stealth Rock you can consider those. Or you can wait a while for ORAS move tutors.

EDIT: Aggron, Skarmory, and Mamoswine only get it from breeding with Pokemon that got it through BW 2 move tutors so those aren't available unless you get luck through wonder trade.

Thanks for the answers :) another question: I want to build an AV Azumarill, but as I have no access to move tutor, I'm not able to have one with Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough and Knock Off. Should I use Superpower or Power-Up Punch or sth else in the slot of Knock Off?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Thanks for the answers :) another question: I want to build an AV Azumarill, but as I have no access to move tutor, I'm not able to have one with Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough and Knock Off. Should I use Superpower or Power-Up Punch or sth else in the slot of Knock Off?
Superpower is a really good option for hitting ferrothorn.

Superpower is generally better, but if you're worried about the attack drop, and don't mind getting walled by Ferrothorn, then you might want Power Up Punch.

I have question of my own, what rapid spinner works best on a stall team?

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Superpower is generally better, but if you're worried about the attack drop, and don't mind getting walled by Ferrothorn, then you might want Power Up Punch.

On a stall team, Forretress could work seeing as it can get up a good deal of hazards for you while coupled with having Rapid Spin. Tentacruel could also work, being able to have a slight offensive presence as well.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck

Use StallMie. It's really good.

For reference, it's bulky starmie with Reflect type, which allows it to beat stuff like Ferro and avoid getting pursuit trapped.

Tentacruel is really your only other option for a stall spinner.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Thanks for the advice you guys! I'll be sure to try them out once the server is back up.
The server is already back up, it was just a minor down, supposedly an attempted DoS. But nonetheless, the server is back up and running.

Sort of team builder question:
I'm making a volturn team around MegaMan and currently I am struggling pretty hard to beat sand offense. Rotom-W can sort of check it, but gets worn down pretty easily. Alomola can toxic them or pray for a burn but they can just set up then sweep unless i get lucky.
Ice punch mega ttar does major damage vs Lando-T.
I thought regular scizor, but it risks getting trapped by Magnezone and can't even kill mega ttar.

So yeah whats some good answers to sand offense that fit well with volturn?

Sort of team builder question:
I'm making a volturn team around MegaMan and currently I am struggling pretty hard to beat sand offense. Rotom-W can sort of check it, but gets worn down pretty easily. Alomola can toxic them or pray for a burn but they can just set up then sweep unless i get lucky.
Ice punch mega ttar does major damage vs Lando-T.
I thought regular scizor, but it risks getting trapped by Magnezone and can't even kill mega ttar.

So yeah whats some good answers to sand offense that fit well with volturn?
Landorus-T can use a Choice Scarf to outspeed a +1 DD Mega Tyranitar, although it will need to run Superpower to OHKO Mega Tyranitar. Incidentally, CB Scizor can also OHKO Mega Tyranitar with Superpower.

I'm not sure what your complete team is, but my gut feeling is that Alomomola isn't an ideal pokemon to include on VoltTurn, as while Wish is always helpful, VoltTurning into Alomomola sucks up a lot of momentum and the playstyle generally doesn't provide enough team support to deal with threats that can set up on Alomomola (Substitute users, Clefable etc.). Instead, I'd go with a more aggressive option to make use of the safe switch opportunities that VoltTurn provides, which could include pokemon like Specs Gothitelle with Trick or Belly Drum Azumarill, but if you want something extra to take on sand that would also appreciate a free switch, you could try out Breloom (maybe even Life Orb Breloom)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)