Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Hey, I need a challenge for pokemon sapphire. Make it really hard. No trading, but other than that anything goes. Also, I may reject ideas if they are not plausible within the game. Thanks
This Pokémon is pretty hard. I added an optional extra condition if you really like torturing yourself.

Take Buster (Ghostbuster if there's room for that) the Shedinja. Buster's entire family was massacred by a Duskull who accidentally Shadow Sneaked through their nest, and now it hates all Ghost-types. It must participate in battle against every trainer-owned Ghost-type you run across not already covered by a solo, and must solo every Pokémon in the Duskull line it comes across. It must solo two of Phoebe's Pokémon, not including her Dusclops.

Also, you have to evolve Buster into Shedinja as soon as possible. No Everstone shenanigans.

Since staring into the back of a Shedinja will cause it to temporarily steal your soul, you will not be able to give commands to Buster during battle. Instead, it can only use the first (upper-left) move in its moveset. If this move runs out of PP, it will use its second (upper-right) move, and so on. Buster will still be able to switch out at any time.

Tell me if you're doing the optional bit. Double Team is your friend. If you are doing the optional part, then enter the Phoebe battle with Double Team as your first move with only 6 PP left.

nitrox116 said:
Take Buster (Ghostbuster if there's room for that) the Shedinja. Buster's entire family was massacred by a Duskull who accidentally Shadow Sneaked through their nest, and now it hates all Ghost-types. It must participate in battle against every trainer-owned Ghost-type you run across not already covered by a solo, and must solo every Pokémon in the Duskull line it comes across. It must solo two of Phoebe's Pokémon, not including her Dusclops.

Also, you have to evolve Buster into Shedinja as soon as possible. No Everstone shenanigans.
Optional (open)

Tell me if you're doing the optional bit. Double Team is your friend. If you are doing the optional part, then enter the Phoebe battle with Double Team as your first move with only 6 PP left.
Alright, I'll give this optional thing a shot. Accepted!
One more to go

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
White 2 Scramble Update 2: Boom! Clap! The sound of your heart cease

Well, today I made a lot of progress. Trashed two gym leaders (not that they were easy - read on), gained my silver screen debut, and got a couple more team members.

First, I battled Cheren. Justice tried to take on the guy single-handedly, but couldn't quite make it, sadly. Boyrfriend had to finish his Lillipup off. Man, when i try to Counter their strong-ass Tackles, they just keep Working themselves Up! Insane.

Soon after that, I stumbled upon a Sewaddle...had almost eatten up an entire tree. Looked hilarious, so I caught him. Refused any 'unnatural' items, though. Must be some sorta vegan.

When i hit Virbank City, I saw this ship captain wandering off to the studios nearby, while his daughter screamed and ran to her Gym. She seemed...sassy. In a good way. You know?

I found a Koffing, who seemed to think he was...retro? Dunno. Again, made me alugh, so he's on the team now.

...and of course, almost right after I catch him, he tries to solo the Leader's strongest Pokemon. I gotta say, he had balls. Or ball, considering he's a floating one. The Whirlipede was PP-stalled somewhat, with Smokescreen spam. We're lucky to have won!

Anyway, I then went to Pokestar Studios and quickly trumped the old guy in making a better movie. He ran back to the docks in shame. I think. Next stop, Castelia City!

Ready for the voyage,
Valeros

Troll the Purrloin
Quirky Nature
Item: Nothing
Ability: Unburden
Level 11
-Thief (suddenly unusable)
-Growl (unusable)
-Assist
-Sand-Attack

Notes: EDIT: fuck you AOPS, now this thing's useless again. At least it doesn't have to solo anybody ;-;

Boyfriend the Psyduck
Bold Nature
Ability: Damp
Level 14
-Water Sport
-Scratch
-Disable
-Water Gun

Notes: This is the shared MVP of the team, with Justice. Dude tanks a bunch of things, so that Water Sport forced use matters somewhat little. Not to mention a sexy SPECIAL attack!

Justice the Riolu
Sassy Nature
Item: Silk Scarf
Ability: Inner Focus
Level 15
-Force Palm
-Quick Attack
-Work Up
-Counter

Notes: It's a shame this fella can't fight everything...but when he can? He brings the house down. Sadly, he won't get another chance to solo until like...Elesa? And I just KNOW those Emolga will screw around with me. Eh, I'll make it work somehow. He would be true MVP if he didn't grow so damned fast.

Herbivore the Sewaddle
Gentle Nature
Ability: Chlorophyll
Level 13
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Bug Bite

Notes: Was like 5 levels behind at the start, but caught up hella quickly. We'll see how it turns out, seeing as I've encountered precisely 0 Grassmons so far. ;-;

Relic the Koffing
Lax Nature
Ability: Levitate
Level 14
-Tackle
-Smog
-Smokescreen
-Assurance (unusable)

Notes: Seems like a solid tank so far. Hooray for smokescreen spam winning the first solo!

Part 3 coming eventually!

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
dangnabbit, I just assumed it was on there.

oh well back to being nigh-useless in a MEDIUM DIFFICULTY CHALLANGE

OK, I feel bad for issuing some "interesting" challenges, and not taking one of my own, so here it goes.

I'd like to do a Pokemon X scramble challenge. Let's keep it to Medium difficulty. Because I'm a baby.

Some rules:
1) I can Bank things in, but I'd prefer if you made them in the Kalos Dex
2) The Pokemon has to have the chance to evolve. So no "lol, use Karrablast but can't evolve it for any reason". I might make exceptions for things that have really good middle forms like Chansey or Doublade, though
3) I would like a starter or something from Route 2.

Suggestions:
hitoshura0 take a Bergmite named Slowmite. Slowmite likes slowing down opponents, to get revenge on Game Freak for making it so slow. So, it must learn Avalanche ASAP and lead every battle with it, to slow the enemy down. It is... a little slow, and thinks Rapid Spin is powerful because it is, we'll... rapid. So, it must always know Rapid Spin. If it's Speed is lowered, it must immediately switch out...except for when it has to solo Malva's Talonflame. As a Bergmite. After that, Slowmite may evolve into Avalugg. If that is too difficult, then remove the evolution part.

Take Swolduck the golduck. When you find Swolduck as a psyduck, his life is pathetic. He is so pathetic that he can only use normal type moves because he sucks too much to learn water type moves. This all changes though. Once you get hm strength, you must immediately teach it to psyduck. In order to evolve psyduck, you must solo any female trainer with strength. Once fully evolved, Swolduck doesn't waste his time on male trainers (so he can no longer battle them), instead he likes showing off his strength to all the girls, so he may only battle female trainers and only use strength. Also he must solo one pokemon from each of the female elite four members.

hitoshura0 I send you on a mission: Rescue SweetHeart the Swirlix!

This Swirlix got bullied around a lot, so for the rest of its life it will detest physical contact. Never use contact moves.
Healing may only be done by sweet and joyful Nurses or with tasteful Berries and Sweets (Drinks or SweetHeart, no Potions or Herbs).
Attacking wild Pokemon is something only mean people do, so don´t do it as long as SweetHeart is in your party!

Once it has reached the top of happiness, it may put a cherry on its sweetness.

To learn anything outside of its natural movepool it has to overcome its limits but will be granted extraordinary gifts in exchange.
Remember the number of encounters on Route 7 before you capture SweetHeart (x) and take it mod 7 (y=1+ x mod 7).
Defeat the following Pokemon without making(giving and receiving) contact.

As soon as SweetHeart defeats y Pokemon that use biting moves you may teach it Surf.
Defeat z=7-y Pokemon that are not natural to learn Thunderbolt.
If SweetHeart can defeat y Pokemon that use Steel moves against it, it may learn Flamethrower.

Once SweetHeart has all elemental attacks (water, grass, electric, fire) in its movepool rename it to CptnPlanet and save the world.
It must defeat Lysandre every time without fainting. Afterwards it may learn any non-contact move.

I am going to give you Force the Pidgey.

Not just any Pidgey however. This is the forced encounter Pidgey.

Force is annoyed. He is annoyed at all of the Gen 1 being thrown down people's throats in Gen 6. He's annoyed that he was forced to sit in that spot on Route 2 and wait for you. And every single person starting an X/Y run, yet almost always being ignored or not used.

He wants REVENGE AGAINST THE GAME.

Force must solo the following:
- Professor Sycamore [Both encounters]; for using the Kanto starters and not the Kalos ones.
- Snorlax
- Maylene's Machoke [Force is annoyed she is not using a Lucario instead; beware; it knows Rock Tomb]
- Lysandre's Gyarados [He doesn't mind Mega Gyarados since it's new, but he hates that Team FLARE's main is a Water-type.]

In addition, Force hates being Forced to do anything. As soon as possible, Force must forget any moves it can learn by level-up, and once it only knows TM/HM moves it can only learn TM/HM moves from then on.

, take Monk the Pancham.

* Solo Korrina to evolve to Pangoro. All other restrictions take effect once Korrina is down.
* Only physical moves can be used. Solo one Team Flare Admin of your choice to remove this restriction.
* Only direct attacking moves can be used. Solo two Team Flare Admins of your choice (counting the one you soloed to unlock special moves) to remove this restriction.
* Only Dark-type moves can be used. Solo Xerneas to remove this restriction

Split the Doduo.
Split has two heads with different personalities, and he has trouble making decisions. Every turn, flip a coin. If Heads, Split will attack, and if Tails, he will use a non-damaging move. As such, he always needs one of each in his movepool. Learn Double Hit ASAP (lvl 30) and never lose it. Solo Aliana (first encounter) and Clemont to evolve. Once Split evolves, his move restriction is lifted. However, he develops a hatred for Sky Trainers, since he himself cannot fly. Solo all Flying-types not needed for solos, and only if they are eligible for Sky Battles. Learn Tri Attack and keep it. You can forget Double Hit. This includes Diantha's Talonflame if available.

Last edited:
hitoshura0 take a Bergmite named Slowmite. Slowmite likes slowing down opponents, to get revenge on Game Freak for making it so slow. So, it must learn Avalanche ASAP and lead every battle with it, to slow the enemy down. It is... a little slow, and thinks Rapid Spin is powerful because it is, we'll... rapid. So, it must always know Rapid Spin. If it's Speed is lowered, it must immediately switch out...except for when it has to solo Malva's Talonflame. As a Bergmite. After that, Slowmite may evolve into Avalugg. If that is too difficult, then remove the evolution part.

Quick question: Did you mean Icy Wind instead of Avalanche? Because Avalanche does more damage when damaged, not lowers speed. Icy Wind is th eone that slows it down.

dangnabbit, I just assumed it was on there.

oh well back to being nigh-useless in a MEDIUM DIFFICULTY CHALLANGE
It's not exactly nigh-useless, Assist can be fun and Sand-Attack trolls a lot.

I think the main reason I didn't put Thief on the list is because of the general lack of mons with items, and also redundancy with Knock Off (there were a couple others I left out for similar reasons, I can't really recall all of them.)

hitoshura0 take Pacifist the Abra. This Abra believes in peace and calmness, and as such must have the ability Inner Focus. Naturally, it doesn't want to attack anything, so it may never use any moves that may damage the opponent in any way (attacking moves, Toxic, idk what else it gets but if it can deal damage somehow don't use it). However, it wants to spread the message of peace, and it can't do that by sitting on the sidelines, so it must lead every battle. After surviving 3 turns in 5 battles, evolve into Kadabra, and after surviving 5 turns in 10 battles, evolve into Alakazam. (NOTE: For an extra challenge, you can restrict usage of healing items).

Take Swolduck the golduck. When you find Swolduck as a psyduck, his life is pathetic. He is so pathetic that he can only use normal type moves because he sucks too much to learn water type moves. This all changes though. Once you get hm strength, you must immediately teach it to psyduck. In order to evolve psyduck, you must solo any female trainer with strength. Once fully evolved, Swolduck doesn't waste his time on male trainers (so he can no longer battle them), instead he likes showing off his strength to all the girls, so he may only battle female trainers and only use strength. Also he must solo one pokemon from each of the female elite four members.

I´m a bit sad that I couldn´t get more than two Pokemon for my twin challenge, but thats how life goes... I will make sure to give out some hard challenges in return ;D

This Swirlix got bullied around a lot, so for the rest of its life it will detest physical contact. Never use contact moves.
Healing may only be done by sweet and joyful Nurses or with tasteful Berries and Sweets (Drinks or SweetHeart, no Potions or Herbs).
Attacking wild Pokemon is something only mean people do, so don´t do it as long as SweetHeart is in your party!

To learn anything outside of its natural movepool it has to overcome its limits but will be granted extraordinary gifts in exchange.
Remember the number of encounters on Route 7 before you capture SweetHeart (x) and take it mod 7 (y=1+ x mod 7).

As soon as SweetHeart defeats y Pokemon that use biting moves you may teach it Surf.
If SweetHeart can defeat y Pokemon that use Steel moves against it, it may learn Flamethrower.

Once SweetHeart has all elemental attacks (water, grass, electric, fire) in its movepool rename it to CptnPlanet and save the world.
It must defeat Lysandre every time without fainting. Afterwards it may learn any non-contact move.

I´m a bit sad that I couldn´t get more than two Pokemon for my twin challenge, but thats how life goes... I will make sure to give out some hard challenges in return ;D

I feel bad not knowing what mod 7 is, but I'll take it and figure out what it is when the time comes.

Yo, I need one more pokemon to start my pokemon sapphire challenge(it's on the previous page). I am now accepting pokemon from people that already gave me one. I'd like to start tonight so don't leave me hangin

Yo, I need one more pokemon to start my pokemon sapphire challenge(it's on the previous page). I am now accepting pokemon from people that already gave me one. I'd like to start tonight so don't leave me hangin
Waffle; I shall give you Sir Viper the MALE Serviper.

Sir Viper is a chivalrous Serviper, as his name implies. He brandishes his Poison Tail sword proudly; and thus must never forget this move. He believes other Poison-type attacks to be below him, so may never learn or use any other Poison-type attack. In addittion, he dispises those who sink to biting in combat, so he may not use Bite or Crunch. Sir Viper is a very confident pokemon, and as such must learn and never forget Swagger at Lv 37.

Sir Viper refuses to hurt a woman, however, and thus cannot use damaging attacks against female pokemon. [He is; however, allowed to Swagger. His code of honor says nothing about the woman hitting themselves.] He also thinks Wallace is an embarrassment of a man and thus must prove to him and his pokemon how a real man fights, and solo his Milotic.

OK, I feel bad for issuing some "interesting" challenges, and not taking one of my own, so here it goes.

I'd like to do a Pokemon X scramble challenge. Let's keep it to Medium difficulty. Because I'm a baby.

Some rules:
1) I can Bank things in, but I'd prefer if you made them in the Kalos Dex
2) The Pokemon has to have the chance to evolve. So no "lol, use Karrablast but can't evolve it for any reason". I might make exceptions for things that have really good middle forms like Chansey or Doublade, though
3) I would like a starter or something from Route 2.
I am going to give you Force the Pidgey.

Not just any Pidgey however. This is the forced encounter Pidgey.

Force is annoyed. He is annoyed at all of the Gen 1 being thrown down people's throats in Gen 6. He's annoyed that he was forced to sit in that spot on Route 2 and wait for you. And every single person starting an X/Y run, yet almost always being ignored or not used.

He wants REVENGE AGAINST THE GAME.

Force must solo the following:
- Professor Sycamore [Both encounters]; for using the Kanto starters and not the Kalos ones.
- Snorlax
- Maylene's Machoke [Force is annoyed she is not using a Lucario instead; beware; it knows Rock Tomb]
- Lysandre's Gyarados [He doesn't mind Mega Gyarados since it's new, but he hates that Team FLARE's main is a Water-type.]

In addition, Force hates being Forced to do anything. As soon as possible, Force must forget any moves it can learn by level-up, and once it only knows TM/HM moves it can only learn TM/HM moves from then on.

===

I wish for a Pokemon Y challenge with the following rules:
1: Follow standard rules [eg: No unevolviable Magikarp]

2: I request at least 1 pokemon by Viola, 3 by Grant, 4 by Korrina, 5 by Olympia and 6 by the Elite 4. Starter will be used until first pokemon is obtained. Of course all 6 could be before Viola.

3: Make em hard. Not unfair/stupid like 'This Combee must solo Grant to evolve' levels of stupid however. Grinding is fine, excessive overgrinding to the point it writes that pokemon out of the rest of the game? Not fine.

4: No trades for pokemon. Trade evolutions are fine, people generally accept tradebacks of people doing trade evos even on Wonder Trade. But nothing like 'wonder trade until you get XYZ' or 'trade this Eevee over so it can be evolved into Leafeon then trade back' stuff.

Pokemon:
1: [By Viola]
2: [By Grant]
3: hitoshura0
Weathers the AurorusWeathers hates that his Hidden Ability isn't released yet. But since he's still a bit foggy from the defosilization, he thinks it's Sand Stream and not Snow Warning, and will thusly try to emulate it by using Sandstorm as soon as he's switched in/sent out first after you buy it in Shalour City. If sand is already occurring when you send it out, you do not need to use Sandstorm, since Sand Stream would not trigger. In order for it to evolve, you must either counter weather with it 5 times OR finish off 5 pokemon with Sandstorm chip damage (The final blow must be from passive sandstorm damage. If some other effect kills it when it is in Sandstorm range, you can't count it.) When it evolves, it remembers it was supposed to be Snow Warning, and then replaces Sandstorm with Hail and must start every battle/switch in with Hail unless Hail is already going.

Optional bonus to make it harder: You may not use Normal moves (As you don't have Refridgerate)
4: [By Korrina]
5:
PSDuckie: Morbo the Trubbish
* Mobro cannot face Fire-types, ever, with the exception of Malva's Pokemon.
* No Potions, Super Potions, Hyper Potions, Max Potions, Antidotes, Burn Heals, Parlyz Heals, Ice Heals, Awakenings, Full Heals, or Full Restores can be used on Mobro. Ever. All other items are fair game.
* If Mobro is healed at a Pokemon Center, you must buy and discard P500 worth of items, plus P500 more for every Gym Leader you have defeated.
* Solo five Poison-type Pokemon of your choice to evolve to Garbodor.
* Finally, Mobro must faint during the Malva fight and stay fainted until you beat Diantha.
6: [By E4]

Last edited:
Raikaria said:
Sir Viper is a chivalrous Serviper, as his name implies. He brandishes his Poison Tail sword proudly; and thus must never forget this move. He believes other Poison-type attacks to be below him, so may never learn or use any other Poison-type attack. In addittion, he dispises those who sink to biting in combat, so he may not use Bite or Crunch. Sir Viper is a very confident pokemon, and as such must learn and never forget Swagger at Lv 37.

Sir Viper refuses to hurt a woman, however, and thus cannot use damaging attacks against female pokemon. [He is; however, allowed to Swagger. His code of honor says nothing about the woman hitting themselves.] He also thinks Wallace is an embarrassment of a man and thus must prove to him and his pokemon how a real man fights, and solo his Milotic.
Accepted! Thanks, I will start my scramble today. I'll try to think of something for yours too!

===

I wish for a Pokemon Y challenge with the following rules:
1: Follow standard rules [eg: No unevolviable Magikarp]

2: I request at least 1 pokemon by Viola, 3 by Grant, 4 by Korrina, 5 by Olympia and 6 by the Elite 4. Starter will be used until first pokemon is obtained. Of course all 6 could be before Viola.

3: Make em hard. Not unfair/stupid like 'This Combee must solo Grant to evolve' levels of stupid however. Grinding is fine, excessive overgrinding to the point it writes that pokemon out of the rest of the game? Not fine.

4: No trades for pokemon. Trade evolutions are fine, people generally accept tradebacks of people doing trade evos even on Wonder Trade. But nothing like 'wonder trade until you get XYZ' or 'trade this Eevee over so it can be evolved into Leafeon then trade back' stuff.

Pokemon:
1: [By Viola]
2: [By Grant]
3: [By Grant]
4: [By Korrina]
5: [By Olympia]
6: [By E4]
Well, let's give you Weathers the Aurorus

Weathers hates that his Hidden Ability isn't released yet. But since he's still a bit foggy from the defosilization, he thinks it's Sand Stream and not Snow Warning, and will thusly try to emulate it by using Sandstorm as soon as he's switched in/sent out first after you buy it in Shalour City. If sand is already occurring when you send it out, you do not need to use Sandstorm, since Sand Stream would not trigger. In order for it to evolve, you must either counter weather with it 5 times OR finish off 5 pokemon with Sandstorm chip damage (The final blow must be from passive sandstorm damage. If some other effect kills it when it is in Sandstorm range, you can't count it.) When it evolves, it remembers it was supposed to be Snow Warning, and then replaces Sandstorm with Hail and must start every battle/switch in with Hail unless Hail is already going.

Optional bonus to make it harder: You may not use Normal moves (As you don't have Refridgerate)

Raikaria and hitoshura0, here are some Pokemon for you!

Raikaria, take Mobro the Trubbish.

* Mobro cannot face Fire-types, ever, with the exception of Malva's Pokemon.
* No Potions, Super Potions, Hyper Potions, Max Potions, Antidotes, Burn Heals, Parlyz Heals, Ice Heals, Awakenings, Full Heals, or Full Restores can be used on Mobro. Ever. All other items are fair game.
* If Mobro is healed at a Pokemon Center, you must buy and discard P500 worth of items, plus P500 more for every Gym Leader you have defeated.
* Solo five Poison-type Pokemon of your choice to evolve to Garbodor.
* Finally, Mobro must faint during the Malva fight and stay fainted until you beat Diantha.

hitoshura0, take Monk the Pancham.

* Solo Korrina to evolve to Pangoro. All other restrictions take effect once Korrina is down.
* Only physical moves can be used. Solo one Team Flare Admin of your choice to remove this restriction.
* Only direct attacking moves can be used. Solo two Team Flare Admins of your choice (counting the one you soloed to unlock special moves) to remove this restriction.
* Only Dark-type moves can be used. Solo Yveltal to remove this restriction.

hitoshura0, take Monk the Pancham.

* Only Dark-type moves can be used. Solo Yveltal to remove this restriction.
I'll take it, but I'll have to solo Xerneas instead of Yveltal because I'm playing X.

hitoshura0 , take Split the Doduo.
Split has two heads with different personalities, and he has trouble making decisions. Every turn, flip a coin. If Heads, Split will attack, and if Tails, he will use a non-damaging move. As such, he always needs one of each in his movepool. Learn Double Hit ASAP (lvl 30) and never lose it. Solo Aliana (first encounter) and Clemont to evolve. Once Split evolves, his move restriction is lifted. However, he develops a hatred for Sky Trainers, since he himself cannot fly. Solo all Flying-types not needed for solos, and only if they are eligible for Sky Battles. Learn Tri Attack and keep it. You can forget Double Hit. This includes Diantha's Talonflame if available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)