Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (6th Gen ASB Version)

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Saleem S the list of approvers is in the original post of the Prize Claiming Thread, which can be found here. You could also hop on IRC; we are #capasb on the synirc network.

Yes you may, ff7hero. However, the opponent can counterswitch, so it might not work out too well for you.

Last edited:
Does Hydration protect from Taunt/Torment/etc, and, when does it apply? End of action, blocking effects from even happening, end of round? The NDA is really ambiguous.

No, Hydration only heals major statuses (Burn/Freeze/Paralysis/Poison/Sleep). Iirc it doesn't even cure confusion or attraction, so it certainly does NOT heal Taunt, Torment, or similar effects. It cures at the end of the action, but before damage from poison or burn takes place (but after healing from Rest iirc, and if not it should be changed)

Well, I'm back, this time wondering how to ref a Gale Wings Acrobatics + Acrobatics combo - I'm inclined to say -1 priority, saying combo priority is calculated before gale wings. Is this correct?

Question about what happens if you go over DQ in the battle hall: does the ref need to make a post saying you are DQed and if you post your orders before that post you are not DQed, or are you DQed automatically as soon as you pass DQ?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The DQ Time is a guideline where you are expected to post. DQ is not automatic and it is up to the discretion of the referee in the case of RP's as to whether you get DQed or not. Generally referees will give a reminder first time over or something however (at their own discretion).

The DQ Time is a guideline where you are expected to post. DQ is not automatic and it is up to the discretion of the referee in the case of RP's as to whether you get DQed or not. Generally referees will give a reminder first time over or something however (at their own discretion).
OK, thanks.

Both the items have to be different.

Pokemon A can trick Pokemon B, while Pokemon A is holding an Amulet Coin and Pokemon B is holding an Exp Share.

In that case, both pokemon get the boost of Amulet Coin and Exp Share.

But if both are holding Amulet Coins, the boost is not stacked.

Question: Is it still possible to claim 2 MC for post-25 levelup moves that were egg moves before B2/W2 (if the mon in question hasn't been updated since before B2/W2)?

Asking because I want to port my Camerupt over to my Gen 6 profile, it had Yawn as an egg move, but it obtained Yawn as a post-25 levelup move in B2/W2. I was also completely absent during the B2/W2 era.

Question: Is it still possible to claim 2 MC for post-25 levelup moves that were egg moves before B2/W2 (if the mon in question hasn't been updated since before B2/W2)?

Asking because I want to port my Camerupt over to my Gen 6 profile, it had Yawn as an egg move, but it obtained Yawn as a post-25 levelup move in B2/W2. I was also completely absent during the B2/W2 era.
If you can prove you purchased the move as an egg move before B2/W2 AND it is not a starting egg move, you can. But if you cannot prove it...

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Going to echo that. The PC Thread doesn't make any indications to this, and I'm pretty sure that we've historically allowed all Egg Moves to transfer for the standard MC refund?

Going to echo that. The PC Thread doesn't make any indications to this, and I'm pretty sure that we've historically allowed all Egg Moves to transfer for the standard MC refund?
Because someone tried to get a refund on a pokemon who had a total of 4 egg moves but learned one of the moves via level up after level 25.

IRC said:
15:41 dogfish44 akela: Can you explain comment in the SQSA?
15:41 dogfish44 I can't figure out any way for that line to make sense :x
15:43 akela the one about people trying to get refunds while breaking the rules about mandatory move purchases?
15:43 dogfish44 ?
15:43 dogfish44 Yes, don't understand it at all :x
15:44 akela The person that tried to get a refund on a starting egg move because it learned the same move via level up?
15:44 akela That was me
15:44 dogfish44 ... nope, you've lost me
15:44 Kingmidas isn't that legal
15:45 akela I was informed, before I became an approver, that I could not get a refund on an egg move if it learned the same move via level up.
15:46 dogfish44 Ah, right
15:46 Kingmidas weird
15:46 dogfish44 I see where the confusion seems to stem from
15:46 Kingmidas an approver actually reminded me of that mistake when he approved one of my claims
15:46 akela because of that, I just enforced that logic.
15:47 dogfish44 Right.
15:47 dogfish44 When a mon is moved from BW to BW2, it's the one time we can meddle with opening egg moves (Presumably because we'd have purchased something else).
15:48 dogfish44 But I see where you're coming from...
15:48 dogfish44 Legacy stuff 9.9
15:49 akela If tort can prove he purchased the move as an egg move before B2/W2, I will allow a refund.
15:49 dogfish44 http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/prize-claiming-thread-update-5-09-13.86269/page-2#post-3327184
15:49 dogfish44 Numel is a non-issue case at least, since it's logical for a Numel to pick a different egg move in such a scenario. The awkward part would be with opening egg moves
15:49 dogfish44 where the mon is short on possible moves
15:49 akela OK, I will allow it should IAR not overrule me.
15:50 dogfish44 Stupid legacy rule, I've half a mind to throw a brick at it 9.9
15:51 akela unless it was a mandatory egg move purchase (as in you have to choose 3 egg moves and the pokemon only has 3 egg moves). I won't refund counters for a move you HAD to purchase.
15:52 Tortferngatr ...which is the case.
15:52 Tortferngatr for now I've crossed out the "only if move refund for Yawn" stuff in my update claim
15:53 dogfish44 nah tort, Numel is ok in that sense
15:54 akela by only 3 moves, I mean like Staryu
15:54 dogfish44 since at the time it could've purchased, say, Swallow
15:54 akela Staryu only had 3 egg moves. You had to purchase those 3 egg moves. No leeway.
15:54 Tortferngatr oh.
15:54 Tortferngatr ok
15:54 dogfish44 Staryu's a sad case
15:54 akela Numel had other egg moves it could purchase
15:57 akela a current mon would be like honedge. I won't allow refunds for the 2 egg moves it purchased if it later learns those moves via level up in a new game
15:58 Tortferngatr or clawitzer, which gets two of its egg moves via levelling up >.>
15:59 akela this is part of the reason some of the approvers say "No, you don't want to buy that move that way. It learns it cheaper another way."
Just posting this to note the question's been resolved.

I've seen this reffed both ways, so I thought I'd ask this here: does the "minimum of 1 damage" rule apply to recoil damage?

Yes, even if you only do 1 damage with a recoil move (like against a focus sash pokemon), you always take one damage

Question: What past "free nature change" opportunities have there been such that, given a mon that has existed since virtually the start of ASB, I could still use (if I wanted to save UC/CC for other mons before ASBuddies starts)?

Last edited:
If a pokemon gets a new ability (such as via mega-evolution or use of Role Play) that is normally activated upon send out, can that ability be activated upon obtaining it without spending an action?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)