Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
By 'Detect shenanigans on High Jump Kick' do you mean making them crash and hurt themselves? Protect does the same thing. Maybe I'm missing something here... Once your streak gets longer I would be concerned about Play Rough missing and costing you Absol (especially against fighting types). Have you considered Hone Claws over Swords Dance? The set up will take longer (reason for Protect over Detect) and +6 accuracy may seem like overkill but you don't have to worry about Play Rough's accuracy as well as not having to worry about Bright Power/Lax Incense. Just an idea
Hone Claws could work, because god damn, 90% accuracy. I actually missed a Play Rough on a Carbink once and it OHKOed with Moonblast (yes, Absol is so frail that Moonblast from no-offensive-stats-at-all Carbink OHKOes it) so I'll try that out whenever my streak actually ends.

Anyway, streak up to 280 now, and I'm going to bed because it's almost 1 in the morning. Holy shit.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hone Claws could work, because god damn, 90% accuracy. I actually missed a Play Rough on a Carbink once and it OHKOed with Moonblast (yes, Absol is so frail that Moonblast from no-offensive-stats-at-all Carbink OHKOes it) so I'll try that out whenever my streak actually ends.

Anyway, streak up to 280 now, and I'm going to bed because it's almost 1 in the morning. Holy shit.
Yeah well the only downside is that it will take 12 turns to set up with Entrainment instead of 6. Swords Dance is better for boosting quickly in front of something that hasn't been Entrained, otherwise I like Hone Claws a lot. But yeah that frailty is why you can't afford a miss on something that can't be Sucker Punched. There is no rule for changing sets mid-streak so you can do that, however if it's because you want to see how far you can get with your original set then that's totally understandable!

I feel like a bum for not thinking 1am was late

This is some luck to not have faced any of the dangerous lead Pokemon with Protect so far. Something like Klinklang4 or Tentacruel4 just takes out Durant for free by alternating Protect and an attack. Machamp4 with Guts Protects on turn 1 and can OHKO Durant with Close Combat. Tauros 4 Protects and gets a Sub up on the switch. There's quite a few other Protect/Detect users I'm missing, especially when you account for crits and secondary effects.

This is some luck to not have faced any of the dangerous lead Pokemon with Protect so far. Something like Klinklang4 or Tentacruel4 just takes out Durant for free by alternating Protect and an attack. Machamp4 with Guts Protects on turn 1 and can OHKO Durant with Close Combat. Tauros 4 Protects and gets a Sub up on the switch. There's quite a few other Protect/Detect users I'm missing, especially when you account for crits and secondary effects.
One thing that makes Protect leads moderately easier is that the AI is a complete moron. They have a tendency to Protect turn 1 and attack turn 2, then attack again turn 3 if Durant will be KOd by the attack. This works out nicely, because Durant is fairly easy to 2HKO but alarmingly difficult to OHKO (unless they use Fire-type moves, of course). This doesn't help with stuff like Breloom (who Dragonite should destroy anyway, but Leech Seed isn't fun), Tauros, Venusaur (same situation as Breloom), Guts Machamp (Dragonite resists its primary moves), or Eelektross (also destroyed by Dragonite), but against most Protect users, it should be pretty effective (though obviously, crits and secondary effects are a concern, but Durant actually lives through a lot of crits too). I'd be more concerned about Fake Out, but given that the most threatening user (Jynx) dies to Mega Absol, I'd imagine that could be played around as well. Then again, Weavile 4 could cause real problems with Taunt and Ice Punch to murder Dragonite. Mega Absol survives Ice Punch, but doesn't survive a crit, a freeze, or a Play Rough miss (plus Weavile has Sash to cause more problems).

One thing that makes Protect leads moderately easier is that the AI is a complete moron. They have a tendency to Protect turn 1 and attack turn 2, then attack again turn 3 if Durant will be KOd by the attack. This works out nicely, because Durant is fairly easy to 2HKO but alarmingly difficult to OHKO (unless they use Fire-type moves, of course). This doesn't help with stuff like Breloom (who Dragonite should destroy anyway, but Leech Seed isn't fun), Tauros, Venusaur (same situation as Breloom), Guts Machamp (Dragonite resists its primary moves), or Eelektross (also destroyed by Dragonite), but against most Protect users, it should be pretty effective (though obviously, crits and secondary effects are a concern, but Durant actually lives through a lot of crits too). I'd be more concerned about Fake Out, but given that the most threatening user (Jynx) dies to Mega Absol, I'd imagine that could be played around as well. Then again, Weavile 4 could cause real problems with Taunt and Ice Punch to murder Dragonite. Mega Absol survives Ice Punch, but doesn't survive a crit, a freeze, or a Play Rough miss (plus Weavile has Sash to cause more problems).
That's why I mentioned the first two. They do right around 50% with Surf/Thunderbolt so what will happen is Protect, attack does less than half, Protect (because the KO isn't guaranteed), gets a high damage roll and KOs - no critical hits or AI cleverness necessary. Things like Eelektross, Rapidash, and Zapdos (if you don't miss from Brightpowder) are fine because they'll go for the KO with the Fire move no matter what.

I've definitely had to set up Glalie against a Tentacruel that didn't have Truant because I got greedy and stayed in using Flash against it with Sableye, which allowed Tentacruel to KO Sableye the turn Taunt ran out. Then, the exact scenario I mentioned above happened with Durant (except many times unluckier because Tentacruel was at -5 or whatever Accuracy). Thankfully a complete set-up for Glalie wasn't too difficult since it outsped the first turn and got a Sub up before Toxic and then was able to freely use Taunt since Tentacruel had such low accuracy, likes to use Protect a lot, and had already used like half of its Surf PP.

For stuff like that and Leech Seed Grass types, Dragonite can beat them but won't be at +6 and will have Multiscale broken, which won't guarantee getting past the 2nd Pokemon.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
One more Durant idea for those cases: Confide, learned by Durant by TM in XY, along with every other Pokémon. It goes through Protect/Detect (Confide and Play Nice are the only stat reduction moves with the property) and using it on Durant against some possible Protect users (such as Klinklang4 or Tentacruel4) would enable Drapion, for example, to set up nicely.

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
One more Durant idea for those cases: Confide, learned by Durant by TM in XY, along with every other Pokémon. It goes through Protect/Detect (Confide and Play Nice are the only stat reduction moves with the property) and using it on Durant against some possible Protect users (such as Klinklang4 or Tentacruel4) would enable Drapion, for example, to set up nicely.
Confide actually seems like a pretty cool idea on Durant for Klinklang4 and Tentacruel4. I actually almost lost my streak to Klinklang4 because it got a para on my Durant, but Dragonite managed to sweep anyway. Either way, I'll try out some team to put Confide Durant on once my streak ends (just wanna see how long I can go with this team)

e: Speaking of my streak, I'm up to 304 now. Mega Absol > atsync

Last edited:
That's a good idea for Drapion since it can recover health and set up a Sub while never getting crit (and Durant definitely doesn't have 4-moveslot syndrome), but the Dragonite and Absol wouldn't be able to get to +6 like that. It's definitely possible to get lucky for a few hundred battles and never get haxed by Bright Powder, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Fake Out, a lead that KOs itself with Explosion/High Jump Kick/status orbs before you're set up, and so on. That's what happened in this 327 streak, foiled by running into a Pokemon with Fake Out for the first time: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-52#post-5251041, but that's not luck I'd have any realistic expectation of getting.

In reality, the number of things that can prevent Durant from getting off Entrainment is greater than the number of Pokemon that can simultaneously pose a threat to Mega Kangaskhan and a good Fighting resist. Once something like Klinklang getting a paralysis happens, you're one Sturdy/Focus Sash/Static/hax item proc away from being in a 1-on-1 using a Pokemon that wasn't intended to take on everything while not set up. Otherwise Durant teams would definitely need their own leaderboard.

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
GG Unit I've actually run into everything you listed, even Fake Out, and yet Dragonite's been able to sweep anyway. Usually against Fake Out leads, I just directly switch to Mega Absol and, in the case of that it's Jynx4, Mega Absol just wins plain and simple. My general strategy against Fake Out is to let Mega Absol go down, allowing Durant to get off the Entrainment without any worries so Dragonite can set up to +6. So far, it's been pretty effective in preventing Fake Out leads from ruining my day. I've been getting pretty lucky against Bright Powder and Lax Incense, though; Entrainment missing against those will probably be the death of me.

Also, just to clear things up - I wasn't going to use Dragonite and Mega Absol on the Confide Durant team.

Suggestions-wise, Trick Room from Psychics who most often carry it seems like the biggest threat. With Nidoking/Blaziken sharing weaknesses to Ground, Water and Psychic while being frail and fast enough to get jumped on under TR, in addition to Greninja's TR weakness and Mega Manectric being so fast (and also frail), you only have two Pokémon that can fully function under TR: Talonflame and Azumarill. Taunt Talonflame stops a lot of the setters and Mega Manectric can kill Slowking/Slowbro leads, but there's always going to be battles where you have multiple TR setters or other threats, TR + Fake Out, or some other circumstances that allow it to go up anyway. To solve it, I'm not really sure where to go - removing Blaziken is a start, since the Ground-typing provided by Nidoking is more important out of the two. The biggest common TR users that slam Nidoking in a bad way are Slowking, Slowbro, Exeggutor and Bronzong (252+ Zen Headbutt on a super-effective hit is no joke), so something that does well against those could be it. I'm short on ideas, though.
Given his lead setup, I'd say he was served up a huge platter of bad luck by encountering that Dusknoir and not one of the Slowthings or even Trevenant.

Dusknoir is the only TR-capable Psychic poke that can enter a battle while Greninja or Talonflame is still alive and not have its IMMINENT OHKO siren go off. Trevenant immediately realises Energy Ball murders Greninja three times over, and the Slowthings rip Talonflame apart with Surf. When I encounter the Psychics with my own TR teams, the only time Trevenant opts to attempt TR is when my leads all happen to be too bulky to be slain by EB/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast. The Slowthings are a different story, but then his team is already ripe with prime targets.

Fake Out + TR is also extremely unlikely unless Jynx is present. Even with the "blessing" of Medicham appearing with Telepathy and not Pure Power, Life Orb HJK inflicts enough to OHKO Greninja, as well as Psycho Cut if the appearance is made on the turn following Mat Block. Lightning Rod Manectric may also be frail enough that Telepathy Medicham OHKOs with orbed HJK, which matters if it can't target Greninja, since you still don't want it to use Fake Out at all.

Bronzong4 isn't as safe an assumption. If within range of Talonflame it'll go for the Rock Slide, but is better off being dual-targeted otherwise.

...unfortunately things are much less peachy for the subsequent turns, which is the situation he found himself in. He doesn't have anything to guarantee an OHKO on Slowbro 4 or Slowking 4- the closest he gets is Mega Manectric's Thunderbolt which has a 53% chance, without any Lightning Rod boosts; Starmie 4 can provide such a boost if it targets Greninja and opts not to Surf. Nidoking is irrelevant because the absolute max it can do even with Modest still won't do the job.

Positioning matters all too much, though, too; Trevenant on the opposite side of the field from Greninja might as well use TR.

Would you consider replacing Nidoking with Clawitzer? N-no, don't hit me, please!

Nidoking can do squat to those guys barring in-range Trevenant and Bronzong two-thirds of the time. Clawitzer absolutely murders those annoying fucks and positioning is completely irrelevant. All you need is something that can do a smidge of damage to Dusknoir4 and Slowking4, and occasionally Bronzong4 (OHKO 50% of the time, minimum 91%) It's also worth mentioning that Clawitzer is GG for nearly all of Mara's team, as most of her non-psychcic or Ghost types are conveniently weak to Aura Sphere or Ice Beam/Water Pulse.

It's slightly more durable than Nidoking at the cost of speed, but then when I *do* use Clawitzer, it's on my own TR team <___<

I'm going to try wording this next bit in a way that doesn't sound condescending or retardedly ignorant: 232 wins is extremely impressive and I love that your team takes full advantage of M-Manectric. But you've had nowhere near your fill of Trick Room, especially if you want to triple that streak (I'd like to see you do it!) and as it stands, you've got a team that absolutely depends on numerous elements out of your control if Nidoking and Blaziken are to be more than deadweight when facing those kinds of teams. Never mind the odd situations where Chef Dylan or perhaps an Ace Trainer sends out a Slowbro 4 with other pokes with typings you can't presume.

That is to say, I think you'd do well to replace one of your backup with something that much better handles those kinds of teams. Since you've done a really good job accommodating Azumarill and Nidoking, I don't think you'd be shafting yourself with a poke like Clawitzer- it has the muscle where it matters, and while it doesn't just slaughter some neutral targets like Nidoking can, its type coverage is so good that I don't think it'll burn you.

I've used a bunch of other pokes that did an excellent job against Maison TR teams (most often Psychics/Maniacs of course) particularly the Slowthings and Bronzong, but they not only lack synergy with your team, part of their success was being a lead and having no other role than slaughtering, whereas you've got a few more crucial utilities in play (not that I didn't take advantage of such things if I was given them.)

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus

My streak with Durant / Dragonite / Mega Absol has ended at 335 wins. To be frank, I'm surprised it didn't end sooner, considering how this team did have a big weakness to Double Team / Minimize (and Bright Powder and Lax Incense.) Luck, it seems, was not on my side on battle #336.

But anyway, here's the replay for the losing battle: TXMG-WWWW-WWW9-NFZQ

So, Tornadus leads, and I figured, "Eh, shouldn't be too bad." Except it was Tornadus2. Which has Substitute AND Double Team. So, if I want to get in that Dragonite sweep, I've gotta hit two Dragon Claws, and they could always just Sub up again if I miss, bringing me all the way back to stage one. So, Tornadus takes down Dragonite, so nope, no sweep for me. At the point I realized it was Tornadus2, I knew I was fucked.

Concluding remarks

I think Mega Absol in singles has some potential. It can set up even against phazers for Durant teams, which is pretty useful. It also helps to stop a bunch of checks to Durant, such as Magic Bounce Espeon and a few other status users (Mismagius4 is one of the most notable I can think of.) But, of course, Double Team (especially Tornadus2) is the end of it, so I could really rework this strategy. In particular, something like Durant / Drapion / Mega Absol could work, with Drapion's Acupressure also being able to raise accuracy so as to negate the effects of Double Team, while still having Mega Absol in reserve to set up even against Roar/Whirlwind users and check some threats in case I need to do so before using Entrainment with Durant (plus also maybe using Hone Claws (credit to cant say for the idea) because Play Rough misses suck) while also using Confide on Durant as turskain suggested.

I just finished getting my 5th trophy, how does one provide proof of this one? (taking a picture of all 5 trophies, pictures of all the streak records, or?)
Just in case, here's a pic:
Picture of 5 trophies + my game in name "Nightshade"

I know that to prove you did an x length streak you post the vid of when you lost~ but that's not the case here.

Last one I got was Super Multi Battles, which really is the one that's really annoying to get~ I did it with an AI partner.

I used:

Greninja @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
EVs; 6 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Scrappy -> Parental Bond
EVs; 6 Hp | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
- Return
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

My AI Partner used:

Mienshao @ Focus sash
Nature: One with + to Speed
Ability: Inner Focus
- Low Kick
- High-Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- U-Turn

Scizor @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant probably.
Ability: Swarm
- U-Turn
- Reversal (Never used it)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

I had watched a video of what the streak 50 girls would use, but turned out wrong.
One used Latias/Cobalion and the other used Thundurus/Landorus.

My streak ended at 55, here's the video: 38FW-WWWW-WWW9-ZWUG

Last edited:
Battle Maison Super Doubles
Winning streak; 1748

It's not 2000 but my main goal was to be the first one to break 1000 consecutive wins in this mode (ever), and I succeeded.

Previous record (765, Dusclops / Aron / Mega Kangaskhan / Conkeldurr)
Previous record (360, Dusclops / Smeargle / Aegislash / Aron)

_____

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite*

Nature: Relaxed
Trait: Frisk
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/00
EVs: 252 HP/126 Def/132 Sp.Def
Lv. 50 stats: 147/90/273/71/250/27
Moveset: Trick Room/Foresight/Night Shade/Brick Break

Aron (M) @ Berry Juice

Trait: Sturdy
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: Zero
Lv. 1 stats: 12/6/7/4/6/5
Moveset: Protect/Endeavor/Swagger/Toxic

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite

Nature: Brave
Trait: Scrappy/Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Sp.Def
Lv. 50 (mega) stats: 212/194/120/80/121/94
Moveset: Fake Out/Double-Edge/Sucker Punch/Rock Slide

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest*

Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 108 HP/252 Atk/6 Def/144 Sp.Def
Lv. 50 stats: 194/211/116/75/154/45
Moveset: Drain Punch/Knock Off/Ice Punch/Mach Punch

_____

Battle #454; Veteran Sybil, RVQG-WWWW-WWW9-F8EE
Vs.

A 14-turn battle with a lot of hax and misplays.

Battle #1001; Psychic Haskell, WS2G-WWWW-WWW9-EV89
Vs.

Video proof of reaching 1001 straight wins in Doubles.

Battle #1200; Pokémon Breeder Tad, H7NW-WWWW-WWW9-G659
Vs.

Video proof of reaching 1200 straight wins in Doubles.

Battle #1456; Scientist Sigmund, 29JG-WWWW-WWW9-L32P
Vs.

A 14-turn battle wich I almost lost thanks to Stockpile Weezing.

Battle #1700; Scientist Jane, WF7W-WWWW-WWW9-LWBV
Vs.

Video proof of reaching 1700 straight wins in Doubles.

Battle #1749; Madame Sati, P6TG-WWWW-WWW9-L3XK
Vs.

The lost one.

Additional team and threats information.

In response tot the banning/separating discussion, we're only 74 days away from ORAS and we've all had 339 days to create teams/break records/discuss bannings. There was chosen not to separate ''broken'' mons from all the others months ago, so I think it would be a little late to start doing so now. Maybe 1748 is a record which won't be broken until we all play ORAS ''Maison'', maybe it will be broken next week, no one knows. My record is three times as high as the highest non-Aron team, but don't forget that it is also 1062 battles away from the second-highest Aron team. That being said I agree with VaporeonIce; Is Aron/Durant by itself the problem, or is it the team/strategy as a whole, including the person using it, and knowing how to use it the problem?

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nasty ol' Sitrius Berry and naturally slow Excavalier. Painful way to lose. But congrats on setting the absolute standard for successful doubles teams. A beautiful streak indeed!!

Updated through here.

A bit late, but congrats on your streak, Jump. It's super impressive how you keep setting the bar for singles every generation. It also makes me feel a little foolish for making statements like "Lum Berry Dragonite/Haxorus are the best leads" - I always dismissed Kanga as a lead because of how much she hates status, but evidently you found the solution by picking the perfect supporting teammates. Btw, I feel like you would be an absolute monster in VGC if you had the time for it, haha.

I'm really pleased about how much competition there still is in this thread. I'm going to make a final attempt at regaining the top spot with Dragsuikhan before ORAS comes along. Also, my brief opinion on Durant streaks: they shouldn't be separated. I don't see anything close to sufficient evidence that Durant is overpowered - hell, it doesn't even feature in the current #1 streak.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I found a Multi partner that I'm interested in using but I'm stuck trying to think what I should use. The AI's team is:

Porygon-Z @ Expert Belt
Ability: Download
Modest Nature
252 HP / 252 SAtk
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam
- Charge Beam

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Hasty Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Stone Edge

I was thinking of leading with Togekiss, was probably going to rip off the doubles set in the prelim dex because I'm really uncreative I thought Follow Me support for Porygon-Z was a good idea. Apart from that I just flat out can't think of what to use... I noticed that Fierza had a good Multis streak with a lead P-Z but he didn't write much about his team choices or how it worked so I can't work off that either. I'm mostly worried about Infernape, he has two inaccurate moves and is pretty frail..

Also I've given up on trying to force Sharpedo/Hydreigon/Aegislash to work after losing again in the 90s because of a BrightPowder miss on lead Regigigas1. I should have waited for his Slow Start to wear off so that he outsped me, that way I could tank a 50 BP Payback (even with it's full attack stat after Slow Start is gone he only does 38% max to shield forme at +0 attack, assuming I could get some King's Shield drops in that's even less) except I was worried about him using Confuse Ray (which I could have just switched out of to Hydra to take a Payback and switch back in to Aegis). Sacred Sword 2HKOs at +0 or OHKOs at +2 so I was going for the kill after getting a boost in, I blame my own impatience and not wanting to play the switch game with him. The best play is probably switch to Aegislash, King's Shield, switch to Hydra, switch back, King's Shield, now his Slow Start is gone and is hopefully at either -2 or -4 which Aegislash easily tanks in Shield forme. Now if I've managed to avoid confusion I can try for the 2HKO with Sacred Sword, thankfully it ignores Double Team but unfortunately not BrightPowder.

Anyway I was forced to DBond him and was left with just Hydreigon to fight Latios1 (Lax Incense! goddamn AI hax) which went down to a couple of Dark Pulses while it boosted with Calm Mind, then came Landorus2 (scarf) which lands both it's Focus Blasts to get the kill. I mock battled and if I landed the Sacred Sword on Gigas, after the KO Landorus comes in, locks itself into Earth Power while I scout with KS, switch to Hydreigon, Dark / Dragon Pulse (pretending I don't know what's coming) on the switch out, 2hko Latios, switch into Aegis on the Focus Blast and boost/chip away with Aegis for the kill as it can't hit me. I haven't tried my switch stall plan yet though so that's just all theory but I figured it could work. The reason I didn't know how to deal with him yet is because the last time I faced a lead Regigas my Sharpedo flinched him to death! He's come out second before where I just DBonded him and I've never faced a third 'mon Regigigas. If I play it again I've thought about swapping Hydreigon for Talonflame as it is immune to ground / resists fire and can hit fast and hard with Brave Bird, heal with Roost, no choice locking and can fit U-turn into it's moveset for Aegis switch-ins (Hydreigon has crazy 4mss). What I don't like about it is that it doesn't resist dark and doesn't attract fighting moves that Aegislash loves switching into.

Hello. First-time poster but long-time lurker of this thread. I have managed to obtain all the trophies in both of my games, picture below.
Do I need to post the teams I used as well, or is the picture enough? Either way, I had a lot of fun battling in the Maison, and various things from this thread helped me a lot.

Edit 7/7-17: Photo hosting site changed from Photobucket to Imgur. Also took a completely new photo. Note that it has Y on the left and X on the right, a mistake I noticed too late and didn't feel like changing.

Last edited:

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do I need to post the teams I used as well, or are the pictures enough? Either way, I had a lot of fun battling in the Maison, and various things from this thread helped me a lot.
Congrats on getting all five trophies, and very glad that this thread was helpful! The pictures are enough, and I've added you to the Trophy Hall of Fame in the OP. That said, descriptions of your teams never hurt, particularly if any of them are out of the ordinary. For most five trophies posts, the most interesting information is what team you used in super multis, since that's the hardest nut to crack if using an AI partner. It's fun to see how people synergize their teams with those of those of their AI partners, especially since you sometimes see some rather unusual pairings.

Currently got a streak of 80 and still going at this point, just thought I would post my team but I'm not going to go into detail because it should be rather self explanatory and a unoriginal:

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Entrainment
EVs; 4 Hp | 252 Att | 252 Spe
- Entrainment
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Sand-Attack

Blaziken @ Flame Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs; 4 Hp | 252 Att | 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Flare Blitz

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs; 252 Hp | 252 Att | 4 Def
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

Just ended a streak at #240 with a team that was just begging to get fucked hard by a Black Belt, yet ended up losing due to a misplay and then just an avalanche of hax.

Porygon2/Tyranitar/Carracosta/Donphan/Mega Abomasnow/Tyrantrum. I opted to use an Absomasnow without Protect because I wasn't going to lead with it (sand was beneficial to the majority of the team among other reasons.) So, we're already off to a bad start with a dysfunctional team; conflicting weathers and glaring fighting weakness, without any form of support for P2.

Enemies: Set 4 Trevenant/Gogoat/Hawlucha/Vileplume/Greninja/Manectric

While the battle wasn't completely over once it happened, I set myself up for defeat by failing to run the damage for Trevenant's Focus Blast on Tyranitar in the sand. I knew nothing it could do would KO P2, but switched Tyranitar for Donphan, only to witness Trevenant use TR and cancel out my own. Had I run the calc, I would have realised that TR was Trevenant's best option and stayed in, killing it with Crunch. Flying Press would do unimpressive damage, also (well, for a STAB supereffective move.) P2 was slain before it could be set back up.

Gogoat's only accomplishment was setting off Carracosta's WP and paying for it with its life.

Hawlucha's first turn consisted of using Sky Attack on P2. It used Flying Press for the rest of the battle until I was down to two, at which point it used Sky Attack again (on Abomasnow.) Mister Pollo Loco would have died several turns earlier were it not for...

Vileplume appeared once Gogoat was slain and its only noteworthy accomplishment was using Teeter Dance; the following turn, all three of my pokes hit themselves, while none of the opposing pokes hit themselves throughout the battle. My Tyrantrum hit itself twice.

Greninja was only able to launch one Blizzard before being OHKOed, but it froze both Tyranitar and Tyrantrum. Tyrantrum thawed out immediately, but was still confused, so it hit itself as mentioned earlier.

Manectric was movelocked into Thunder from the getgo and missed all but two, but it was the least of my problems regardless.

Limited warstory and no replay because it took every ounce of nerves not to beat the shit out of my 3DS during the final turn and subsequent refusal to save one.

I honestly expected to lose before the tenth battle, but come on, NOT like fucking THAT. I wanted to go down to dual HJK leads like Mienshao and Medicham, with an Escavalier and Walrein 4 and other major league assholes for TR teams as their backup. Even with the Teeter Dance, had Tyranitar not been frozen and stayed that way until its demise, I could have pulled through.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting all five trophies, and very glad that this thread was helpful! The pictures are enough, and I've added you to the Trophy Hall of Fame in the OP. That said, descriptions of your teams never hurt, particularly if any of them are out of the ordinary. For most five trophies posts, the most interesting information is what team you used in super multis, since that's the hardest nut to crack if using an AI partner. It's fun to see how people synergize their teams with those of those of their AI partners, especially since you sometimes see some rather unusual pairings.
Thanks. I figured something like that would be the case regarding the teams. And seeing that I have a chance at some of the record lists, I might as well post them. I'm not super-happy about most of my teams though, and they can generally be divided in two groups. First there are teams I made on my own, and then teams that were successfully used by other people in this thread, inspring me to give them a try as well. None of my own teams worked that well, I got close to 200 at best, and the teams by other people worked a bit better (for the most part) but I didn't get as far as the original user in any situation (except for one where I still have the potential to do so, but it is unlikely to happen). For the teams by other users, I'll link back to them as credit, hope that's enough and okay. My Multi team isn't that interesting either since I just used both of my games linked together locally to get it. With that said, all of my teams are listed below. Several Pokemon are listed multiple times because I used them on more than one team.
X:

Team 1:

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb ** Crooked Frog
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.att / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Aegislash (F) @ Leftovers ** Kite Gladius
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 6 Sp.Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

Florges (F) @ Sitrus Berry ** Petal Krone
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 180 Def / 118 Spd
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Streak: 53

Only mentioning this because this is the team I actually used to win the Single Trophy in X. I'm quite surprised this worked at all. Hadn't intended to make anything serious with it, just give the Maison a try. But it went better than I had expected. I have a few Battle Videos saved but none of them are currently uploaded due to the 10-video-limit and I prioritized videos of my other teams before this.

Team 2:

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite ** Destroyer
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spd
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash ** Crooked Frog
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Aegislash (F) @ Leftovers ** Kite Gladius
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 6 Sp.Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

Streak: 151

Battle Videos:
Y2ZG-WWWW-WWW6-2T6J – VS. Nita
2J3G-WWWW-WWW9-ZSM4 - Loss battle

This team worked a bit better, albeit not perfectly. At least it got me a bit farther. Didn't have any real strategy in mind here, just wanted to give the Singles a try with another team. I'm not completely sure about what item I used on Greninja but I believe it was a Focus Sash.

Y:

Jumpman16's team

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry ** Partizan
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 110 HP / 252 Att / 148 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite ** Bulletpunk
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Att / 14 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Suicune @ Leftovers ** Velvet
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31/17/31/31/31/31
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 62 Spd
Nature: Bold
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Streak: 58

Battle Videos:
MXBG-WWWW-WWW9-23XZ – VS. Nita, quite messy battle
WXDG-WWWW-WWW9-2328 – Loss battle

Wanted to give Jumpman's team a try, but it didn't work nearly as well for me as for him. I felt like I didn't really use this team correctly. It did get me the trophy though, and that was what I was after. Didn't feel like trying again after my embarrassing loss as I had no real intention to make any record streaks, and I needed to focus on the getting the other trophies.
X:

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb ** Sharkbuster
Ability: Rough Skin
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers ** Embracer
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 134 HP / 252 Sp.att / 124 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry ** Electrocrash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 94 HP / 252 Sp.att / 164 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Streak: 184

Battle Videos:
Q9HW-WWWW-WWW4-PEBB – Stall Battle against a Cradily
KDAW-WWWW-WWW4-PEDQ - My third battle against Evelyn
AY5G-WWWW-WWW4-PEEB - Stall Battle against a Cresselia
64SG-WWWW-WWW4-PEF3 – Loss battle

Another team that worked surprisingly well. I forgot to save my first and winning battle against Evelyn with this team, then I saved my second battle against her that I lost for playing stupidly (but had to take it down due to the limit), and the one I have uploaded is my third which I won. The stall battles were pretty ridiculous in many ways which is why I saved and uploaded them.

Y:

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite ** Conqueror
IVs: 31/31/31/10/31/31
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Sylveon (M) @ Leftovers ** Kalosian
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 14 Spd
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry ** Karaseria
Ability: Multiscale
IVs: 31/31/31/8/31/31
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Streak: 66

Battle Videos:
X7XG-WWWW-WWW9-3FQG – VS. Evelyn
QWWG-WWWW-WWW9-3FQV – Loss battle

A team I just threw together, mainly consisting of members of another team (the three first are from the team I used for Rotation). Worked pretty well but not perfectly, at least it got me the trophy.
X:

Eppie's team

Talonflame (M) @ Expert Belt ** Wonder Flare
Ability: Gale Wings
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisnite ** Tenacity
Ability: Torrent -> Mega Launcher
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Protect

Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash ** Waterwalk
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Mat Block

Rotom-W @ Wide Lens ** Cleaner
EVs: 252 Sp.att / 6 Sp.def / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Togekiss (M) @ Choice Scarf ** Mystery Cure
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb ** Chain Chomp
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Protect

Streak: 204

Battle videos:
SPTV-WWWW-WWW7-9ZDY – Dana Battle
RF7W-WWWW-WWW7-9ZD2 – Loss Battle

I saw Eppie's team and thought it was really cool so I wanted to try it for myself. It did work quite well, it is the only team on X that got me past 200. Could probably have gone even further but I lost in a messy way. Great team anyway. If I had time, I would have liked to try out one of the newer variations of this with Hyper Voice Sylveon as a backup.

Y:

~Mercury~'s team

Gyarados (M) @ Lum Berry ** Ultramarine
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def / 4 Sp.def / 150 Spd
- Waterfall
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Manectric (M) @ Manectite ** Oculus
Ability: Lightningrod -> Intimidate
IVs: 31/0/30/31/31/31
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Sp.att / 238 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Talonflame (M) @ Sky Plate ** Wonderweaver
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 6 Sp.def
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Swampert (M) @ Assault Vest ** Escalate
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def / 44 Sp.def / 86 Spd
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Avalanche

Aegislash (M) @ Weakness Policy ** Life Return
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 6 Sp.def
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Hydreigon (F) @ Life Orb ** Kite Runner
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Streak: 300 (ongoing but currently taking a break)

Battle video:
Q27W-WWW9-WWW9-Y8SS - Dana Battle

Seeing ~Mercury~ get 2000 wins made me want to see if I could do something similar using the same team. And it is still possible, although I really don't have any desire to go that far. This team is truly amazing though, I have no problems seeing how this could go on winning practically forever, at least as long as it is played correctly.
Both games:

atsync's team but with Dragonite over Aegislash.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite ** Conqueror
IVs: 31/31/31/10/31/31
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Sylveon (M) @ Leftovers ** Kalosian
Ability: Pixilate
IVs: 31/15/31/31/31/31
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 14 Spd
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash ** Clockwork
IVs: 31/1/31/31/31/31
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry ** Karaseria
Ability: Multiscale
IVs: 31/31/31/8/31/31
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Best streak: 103 (X)

Y9VG-WWWW-WWW7-9ZCM – Morgan Battle (X)
BZRW-WWWW-WWW7-9ZAH – Loss battle (X)
VDFG-WWWW-WWW9-ML4C - Morgan Battle (Y)

atsync's team looked cool and I wanted to try it, also trying his idea of using Dragonite over Aegislash. I got the Dragonite set from someone else in this thread that I can't remember, but it is pretty standard anyway. This team didn't work as well for me as I had hoped, but then I'm not that good at Rotation Battles and tend to play badly in most situations. I only got to 66 wins in Y, didn't bother uploading the loss battle because it was long and would probably be boring to watch.
X:

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb ** Sharkbuster
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Y:

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers ** Embracer
EVs: 134 HP / 252 Sp.att / 124 Spd
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Streak: 50 (ongoing but discontinued, my only goal was to get the trophy, not going to continue any further).

Battle Video:
L73G-WWWW-WWW9-Z9YP - VS. Dana and Nita

As mentioned, I used my two games together for this. The team is my Doubles Team from X, just split over the two games. I had originally planned to take advantage of the fact that I could use two Megas here, but I learned the hard way that such a team only works if it has great synergy. Which I couldn't get from the Pokemon I already had that could Mega Evolve, and I didn't feel like doing any more breeding. So this would have to do. The battle against Dana and Nita became the closest battle I had during the streak, quite a good way to get the final trophy in.

Edit 1/7-2016: Reformated this post in order to make it easier to read.

Last edited:

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Apologies for double posting, but I've come to post two more shark facts.

Sharpedo Streak #1 - Mega Kangaskhan/Sharpedo/Latios/Infernape
390 wins in Super Doubles
Battle video: #391 (Loss) - BYZW-WWWW-WWW9-PJ2H vs. Cresselia/Suicune/Virizion/Tornadus
Suicune used Blizzard! Sharpedo was frozen! Cresselia used Double Team! On the last few turns, I misplay and use Fake Out over Return; it hit, and Return would have KO'd. Lacking a counter to Cresselia is what led to the changes in Streak #2.

Sharpedo Streak #2 - Mega Kangaskhan/Sharpedo/Latios/Rotom-W
335 wins in Super Doubles
Battle video: #336 (Loss) - AFEG-WWWW-WWW9-PJ2L vs. Gardevoir/Magnezone/Latios/Volcarona
Mega Kangaskhan was fully paralyzed! Sharpedo was fully paralyzed! Magnezone used Charge Beam and its Special Attack increased! Magnezone used Flash Cannon! It's a critical hit!!

That's on top of a threatening line-up from Ace Trainer Jai to capitalize. If any of the singular hax incidents seen above don't occur or Latios is Set2-4 instead of Set1, I'd probably win the match, barring even more hax on top. You could give this stuff a Jumpman-style breakdown and arrive at absurd odds, but I don't want to watch the battle video again to check the exact course of events. This is the rare kind of loss where I made no notable misplays - Ace Trainer Jai pulled out multiple top threats, ran great sets on all of them, and poured a helping of hax on top to make them count. Disasters like this just can't be helped.

(Heliolisk battle video and Rotations #444 were removed in their place.)

They're not that high, and sit below my Mat Block Greninja streaks - but they're the highest Doubles streaks around that use some of the Pokémon in them, namely Sharpedo, Infernape, and Latios (why is no one using him anymore?), so I thought they'd be worth posting. Hopefully, you will find them useful.

The teams are very similar, so I'll be describing them in one go:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite ** Brainiac
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch
-Fake Out

Sharpedo @ Focus Sash ** USP Fang
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Speed Boost
IVs: 0/31/0/x/0/31
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Destiny Bond
-Protect

The triumphant lead duo and the subject of many shark facts. 0HP-0Def-0SDef Sharpedo (bred easily using an RNG'd Ditto with appropriate IVs) is amazing bait, having around 50% less bulk than flawless Sharpedo. And it's not dead-weight bait or low-speed lv1 cheese - Destiny Bond Sharpedo is a full-fledged Doubles Maison powerhouse in its own right, even before its excellent bait qualities come into play.

Mega Kangaskhan is the best Pokémon to make use of the space created - with great bulk, only one weakness, Sucker Punch, and Fake Out for when bait is not enough (TR setters and some other threats like Terrakion2), it never fails to deliver and hits very hard right off the bat. Drain Punch is preferred over PuP to better handle Tyrantrum4, Barbaracle4, Tyranitar4, and other threats. I tried PuP briefly, and found it underwhelming - being able to set up is good and allows MegaKhan to run out of control in many matches, but the lack of immediate power for big threats leaves the lead duo a good bit weaker and gives a hard time for the back-ups. Drain Punch's recovery is very good, and helps keep MegaKhan at high HP so Sharpedo can keep attracting attacks. Return is similarly preferred over Double-Edge to keep MegaKhan at high HP; Sharpedo usually buys Khan several turns, and repeated Double-Edge recoil would rapidly wear down Khan and make Sharpedo's bait attractiveness less powerful.

Latios @ Choice Specs (Streak #1) / Life Orb (Streak #2) ** SilvrCloud
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyshock
-Grass Knot
-Thunderbolt (Streak #1) / Protect (Streak #2)

The first back-up, freshly RNG'd in HGSS (the very first mon I RNG'd, too). It resists Fighting, kills Fighting-move users, and is generally awesome. (It was one of the choices considered for Talonflame's spot in Lucario/Greninja for Doubles, but its inability to handle Darmanitan4 and incompatibility with Garchomp were deal-breakers.)

Infernape @ Life Orb (Streak #1) ** Starburst
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Fake Out
-Protect

Fake Out (Balloon) Infernape, as I preached about a while back. Without Balloon, as there's no allied EQ to avoid. It works great; Fake Out is always good, FB/CC puts it into KO range for a lot of things to turn it into bait, and its damage output and coverage are very nice.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers (Streak #2)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30
EVs: 252 HP, 40 SAtk, 216 Spe (EV'd at the same time as a HP Water Rotom-W, so it has 4 surplus EVs in SAtk)
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Rest
-Protect

After losing to Cresselia, I wanted a counter to it, and gave Rest to Rotom-W to do just that. It worked surprisingly well, though such a low-offense set (without Suicune-level bulk) is going to have trouble making a deep run in the fast and aggressive Maison Doubles meta. HP Ice over HP Water to provide more coverage and avoid redundance with Sharpedo's Waterfall.

I'm not done taking the shark for a walk just yet, which is why the comments are brief. Triples is the priority for now, and I'm a bit dry on ideas for the fourth slot for taking the shark to the next level.

ReptoAbysmal, that's some hax. I love your way of playing, and a streak in the 200s with a semi-random team is extremely impressive - how is that even possible with over 20 different teams, most of which will be garbage?

No Ferrothorn set in the Maison carries Power Whip:

271 Ferrothorn1 Impish Leftovers Iron Head Thunder Wave Sandstorm Ingrain HP/Def
446 Ferrothorn2 Careful Chesto Berry Rest Payback Gyro Ball Curse HP/SpD
621 Ferrothorn3 Brave Custap Berry Protect Payback Explosion Gyro Ball HP/Atk
796 Ferrothorn4 Sassy Leftovers Curse Rock Smash Gyro Ball Ingrain HP/SpD

All of these appear after Battle 1-40 (Ferrothorn1-3 only on Ace Trainer Bunny, Ferrothorn1 on Worker Rasmus), and none of them can Curse up enough to threaten Milotic before they fall to HP Fire (except for Ferrothorn3 CH Explosion, but as it only appears on 1 trainer out of 100 and is walled by your Ferrothorn, it shouldn't be an issue).
Oh yeah. Not sure how I overlooked that. Walling Ferrothorn with Ferrothorn isn't the most fun thing in the world, especially without Leftovers. But yeah, that would definitely be worth a try!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)