Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Crobat
Type: Poison/Flying -> Poison/Flying
Ability: Inner Focus/Infiltrator -> Mold Breaker
New Moves: No need
HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Def: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SpA: 70 -> 70 (+0)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 130 -> 160 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Crobat looks exactly the same because Crobat is perfect.

Competitive Concept: Crobat is my favorite pokemon, period. Been on every team I've had since I started playing online, all the way back in Gen III! Its Brave Bird/Taunt/Roost/U-Turn set from Gen IV never goes out of style, and its incredible defensive typing fits perfectly with its insane speed in its role as anti-stall, and honestly anti-meta menace. Yes, it gets Nasty Plot, and it can become a sweeper with some tweaks (others have done this, I see), but to me, that's not only incredibly boring (there are sweepers left and right, especially in this meta) but goes against the spirit of this brilliant bat.

So what can we do with its mega? Well, boosting those defenses to 85/100/100 goes a long way when you resist Fighting, Grass, and Bug x4, are immune to Ground, and further resist Fairy and Poison. An attack boost to 120 helps its STAB Brave Bird, which already hits nicely hard in UU, really cause some hurt, but the real winner is a mammoth speed of 160; even by this meta full of mega's standards, it's practically unbeaten.

Crobat's the best at what it does, and with Mold Breaker, not even Magic Bounce or Oblivious or Aroma Veil can stop Crobat from Taunting away your opponent's utility and set-up. U-turn ignores this meta's new Bug-immunity abilities, and Brave Bird ignores its new Flying-immunity abilities (as all UU fans know, poor Mienshao will always hate the bat). Defog can still be used if you need hazard removal and can find room. This Crobat can be stuck onto practically any team you've got and work wonders.

Mega Unown
Type: Psychic -> Psychic
Ability: Levitate -> Alphabetize (reversed Imposter: upon mega evolving and switching in, Mega Unown transforms the opponent into your Mega Unown)
New Moves: No. Never. It would destroy the entire point of Unown. It would be like giving a move besides Sketch to Smeargle or a move besides Transform to Ditto.
HP: 48-> 48
Atk: 72-> 92 (+20)
Def: 48-> 68 (+20)
SpA: 72-> 92 (+20)
SpD: 48-> 68 (+20)
Spe: 48-> 68 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Unown looks the same, just bigger.

Competitive Concept: Unown is probably the actual worst pokemon in the game. Other crappy mons usually evolve into something better at least, or, like Ditto, have gained new abilities that make them viable. Unown has none of that. Horrible stats, a single move in its arsenal, no evolutionary gains, not even an item like Stick or Lucky Punch to even TRY to make it better.

How do we make it useful? Viable, even? We can't. It simply cannot be done. Which is what we can use to make it useful. How? By making it so every time Mega Unown switches in, or when it Mega evolves, the opponent transforms into your Mega Unown. Reverse Imposter, if you will.

That Charizard that has three Dragon Dances under its belt? Now it's an Unown. That Sylveon about to use Heal Bell to fix up its team? Now it's an Unown. Mega Unown turns whatever it faces into a useless piece of crap, essentially forcing a switch and creating an amazing endgame situation. If Unown is on your team and your opponent has one Pokemon left, you win.

The price? Your team not only has no actual megas that can fulfill other roles, but essentially has five slots; Alphabetize may have a devastating effect, but it's not as if Mega Unown can do anything afterward. It's vulnerable to every status and every entry hazard, and has wretched stats and one of the worst defensive typings in the game.

Also, hilariously, as the standard Hidden Power is Dark, opposing Unowns (who will likely have higher HPs as well) will almost always have a super-effective attack against Unown.

Mega Unown only has one trick, but it's a hell of a trick, and makes it a serious menace in the meta.

Last edited:
Welp, time to quickly write up the Wobbuffet idea I had.

Mega Wobbuffet
Psychic -> Psychic
Shadow Tag/Telepathy -> Typeless (This Pokemon takes neutral damage from all attacks. All attacks it uses are Typeless)
190/33/58/33/58/33 -> 190/33/88/33/88/73

So this Mega Wobbuffet is a bit different than others... This Mega works better in doubles than it does in singles (Doubles doesn't switch out as much so Shadow Tag is less useful), but it still has a usable niche over regular Wobbuffet. Remember, regular Wobbuffet has healing in Leftovers so regular Wobbuffet outclasses a Shadow Tag Mega Wobbuffet.

In my case, now Mega Wobbuffet isn't hurt much by the tons of Ghost and Dark types in the XY Meta (though it is hurt more by the Psychic and Fighting types but they aren't as common as Dark and Ghost types). In addition, Mega Wobbuffet can now hurt physical ghosts and special darks now that Counter and Mirror Coat are considered typeless. The stat boosts are the only stat boosts that Mega Wobbuffet cares about. It's got higher defenses and a much higher speed. It might catch a particularly slow Pokemon offguard with Destiny Bond or Encore now.

Type: Poison/Flying
Abilities: Inner Focus (Infiltrator) -> Aerialate
New Moves: Clear Smog, Boom Burst

Atk: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Def: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpA: 70 -> 85 (+15)
SpD: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Spe: 130 -> 115 (-15)
BST: 535 -> 635

Concept: You're not reading that wrong, Crobat is now a defensive Aerialate mon. Don't salivate for Aer Boomburst. Crobat still can do fuck all to steel types and it LOSES SPEED! No, the real boon of Aerialate is that there is nothing immune to your flying type Super Fang. Ghosts cannot try to force you out this way, not that they're really what you'd call Crobat counters with it having a boomburst that now outdoes shadow ball.

I wouldn't call it invincible by any stretch. It will be at an impasse against steels. Note, if Boomburst is too strong, then sub in Hyper Voice, which it doesn't naturally get for some reason.

Type: Water/Ground -> Water/Ground
Abilities: Damp, Water Absorb (Unaware) -> Unaware
New Moves: Trick Room, Bulk Up, Aqua Jet

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Def: 85 -> 105 (+20)
SpA: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpD: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Spe: 35 -> 15 (-20)
BST: 430 -> 530

Concept: Quagsire is the unaware wall you remember, with a better stat spread than before, and Bulk Up to ensure that no physical move that isn't a grass type will ever cause it any great harm. Aqua Jet is there in case Trick Room setting just isn't enough for youyour style.

Ability: Inner Focus/Infiltrator -> Awareness (See OP for description)
New Moves: None

Def: 80 -> 115 (+35)
SpA: 70 -> 70
SpD: 80 -> 115 (+35)
Spe: 130 -> 140 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Crobat’s supersonic hearing renders it aware of entry hazards before it enters the field, so it can avoid them.

Competitive Concept: Crazy fast pivot and support ‘mon. Mega Crobat can switch in and out of attacks without worrying about the omnipresent Stealth Rock. Defog and Roost are crucial to its role, and the other two moveslots will probably be taken up by U-Turn and one of Brave Bird, Super Fang, and Taunt.

Ability: Levitate -> Proposition (When this Pokemon attacks, it strikes four times. Each hit is treated as an individual attack, but only one PP is used per turn. This ability ONLY works on Unown)
New Moves: AncientPower, Confusion

HP: 48 -> 48
Atk: 72 -> 72
Def: 48 -> 58 (+10)
SpA: 72 -> 117 (+45)
SpD: 48 -> 58 (+10)
Spe: 48 -> 83 (+35)

Flavor Concept: The justification behind this idea is that of logical propositions: each sequence of letters carries more meaning than the individual components of the sequence. Mega Unown would be a mesh of different Unown characters that spells out a certain word depending on its original character (Mega H -> HIDE; Mega T -> TIME; etc.); each letter would attack once per turn.

Competitive Concept: Hella stronk wallbreaker with paper-thin defenses but ridiculous power. With the right move, it can OHKO or 2HKO any Pokemon in the tier, including the pink blobs. AncientPower and Confusion present beautiful hax opportunities. Viable HP types include Fighting, Fire, Ground, Ghost, Ice, and Grass (if paired with Magnezone).

Ability: Levitate -> Proposition (When this Pokemon attacks, it strikes four times. Each hit is treated as an individual attack, but only one PP is used per turn. This ability ONLY works on Unown)

Flavor Concept: The justification behind this idea is that of logical propositions: each sequence of letters carries more meaning than the individual components of the sequence. Mega Unown would be a mesh of different Unown characters that spells out a certain word depending on its original character (Mega H -> HIDE; Mega T -> TIME; etc.); each letter would attack once per turn.

Competitive Concept: Hella stronk wallbreaker with paper-thin defenses but ridiculous power. With the right move, it can OHKO or 2HKO any Pokemon in the tier, including the pink blobs. AncientPower and Confusion present beautiful hax opportunities. Viable HP types include Fighting, Fire, Ground, Ghost, Ice, and Grass (if paired with Magnezone).
Am i the only one who believes that Unown has to have a broken ability to be remotely viable? Alphabetize is the ultimate troll, and Preposition is the ultimate hax offense.

Also some Words:
ALSO
BAKE
CARE
DEEM
EVEN
FOUR
GOOD
HIDE
IDLE
JOKE
KING
LONE
MAKE
NEAT
ONLY
POOR
QUIT
SIZE
TEAM
UNDO
VEIL
WIRE
XYST
YOKE
ZINK

Last edited:

Am i the only one who believes that Unown has to have a broken ability to be remotely viable? Alphabetize is the ultimate troll, and Preposition is the ultimate hax offense.

Also some Words:
ALSO
BAKE
CARE
DEEM
EVEN
FOUR
GOOD
HIDE
IDLE
JOKE
KING
LONE
MAKE
NEAT
ONLY
POOR
QUIT
SIZE
TEAM
UNDO
VEIL
WIRE
XYST
YOKE
ZINK
When I first saw your post, I thought you took my idea of the Unowns spelling GOD for your submission xD. You might wanna fix the quote thing so Mew King doesn't think that's a unique submission.

Considering we've made abilities like Alphabetize and Proposition, I'd say we can unanimously agree that Unown needs a broken ability to become at all viable. I don't think any of the ideas so far would render it completely overpowered; mine fails to do much against HO, for example. Thanks for the words though :)

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Mega Unown
Typing: Psychic --> Psychic/Dragon
Ability: Levitate --> Unleashed Power (Special Version of Huge/Pure Power)
Stats: 48/72/48/72/48/48 --> 48/72/47/122/47/88

Normally I never do something like this, but this was the best way I could think of making Mega Unown viable while keeping Hidden Power as its only move. Now, Mega Unown has a ridiculously high special attack, having 17 more base power in its attacking stat than Mega Mawile, who was deemed broken, and they have similar abilities. This is high enough to do tons of damage to even resisted opponents. Its speed tier also lets it outspeed most walls and speed tie with Excadrill. It's new Dragon type lets it run perfect IVs in everything other than Attack, which is nulled, and still get STAB. However, Mega Unown having only Hidden Power for a attack is still a major draw back. If it decides to run HP Psychic or Dragon for STAB, it is completely walled by even non defensive Dark and Fairy types respectively. It's also incredibly prone to losing its ability, so it's guaranteed to be deadweight if it loses Unleashed Power.

Mega Quagsire
Typing: Same
Ability: Damp/Water Absorb/Unaware --> Simple
Stats: 95/85/85/65/65/35 --> 95/120/115/90/85/25

Mega Quagsire basically takes on the role of a pokemon it's base form is used to stop, a set-up sweeper (Ironic isn't it). Mega Quagsire can abuse the move Curse to great levels. It's got some pretty good attack and defense that can be further boosted by Curse and its abysmal speed doesn't care about being dropped, infact it actually helps it out a lot in TR. Mega Quagsire can also take on a semi defensive role as well, getting stuff like +4 Amnesia and +2 Stockpile is quite nice, although it does lose out on it's base forms leftover access and amazing ability.

When I first saw your post, I thought you took my idea of the Unowns spelling GOD for your submission xD. You might wanna fix the quote thing so Mew King doesn't think that's a unique submission.

Considering we've made abilities like Alphabetize and Proposition, I'd say we can unanimously agree that Unown needs a broken ability to become at all viable. I don't think any of the ideas so far would render it completely overpowered; mine fails to do much against HO, for example. Thanks for the words though :)
Wait that was spelling something? Oh.

Mega Unown
Type: Psychic>>>Psychic/Ghost
Stats: 48/72/48/72/48/48>>>48/172/48/72/48/48
Ability: Levitate>>>Un-Own(When this pokemon Mega Evolves[not switches in] it swaps with the pokemon directly opposite of it on the opponent's team)
Movepool: same
The point of this Unown is to Un-Own it since it's so bad and rape it with foul play

Mega Unown
Type: Psychic>>>Psychic/Fighting
Stats: 48/72/48/72/48/48>>>48/72/18/255/18/25
Ability: Levitate>>>Mysterious Power(This Pokemon hits twice with the most damaging possible type it can on the opponent with +7[outspeeds even switching out] priority)
Movepool: same
This makes Unown seem like the legendary pokemon the 3rd movie makes it out to be

252+ SpA Choice Specs Unown Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey: 254-300 (36 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That's ONE of the hits...

Jesus fuck, Throb, nothing is safe...

(For reference: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Unown Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 230-272 (45.7 - 54%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO) (That's another isolated hit)

Yeah, Throbulator36 that's too stronk... The other idea sounded like a hilarious and not half bad idea if we could get it coded

Current Slate

Crobat
Typing: Poison/Flying (same)
Abilities: Inner Focus (Infiltrator) -> Speed Boost
Movepool Additions: Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Earthquake (Charizard and slowbro get it, why not the 5'11" bat?)

Hp: 85 -> 85
Attk: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Def: 80 -> 110 (+30)
SpA: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SpD: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Spe: 130 -> 120 (-10)

Design Concept: Its body grows larger, making it harder for its wings to lift it off the ground. Once off the ground, however, it becomes fast. It becomes a darker shade of purple, better concealing it in the dark caves. Its eyes glow as if they were radiating energy, and the feet-like shapes at the bottom of its body elongate and start to look like bat feet. The spikes at the edges of its wings grow longer and become sharper, allowing crobat to use them as knives.

Competitive: The drop in speed can easily be countered by mega evolving and using protect or substitute, or you could use the fact that the pokemon doesn't use the speed drop until the next turn after mega evolving, and by then you will have a speed boost up already. So this is a fast pokemon that becomes even faster, gets better bulk, and becomes an ok attacker. The best way to play crobat would probably be as a set up sweeper, since 120 Atk and 90 SpA aren't anything to brag about. It now has the bulk to set up a swords dance or nasty plot, maybe two. Once that is set up, few things can hardwall it (one of them being mega aggron, even with earthquake, unless you run a mixed set.)

Mega Crobat
Abilities: Inner Focus/Infiltrator -> Sheer Force
New Moves: N/A

Atk: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Def: 80 -> 90 (+10)
SpA: 70 -> 95 (+25)
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)

Flavor Concept: The wings now represent something that looks like a cape similar to a vampire. It is a darker shade of purple with black surrounding its eyes.

Competitive Concept: I feel like Crobat's special moveset is ignored because it's simply outclassed in usefulness compared to its other common sets. I wanted to change that with the ability Sheer Force and an increase in its offensive presence. Crobats mega is designed solely to be a revenge killer and can now run mixed or physical/special based sets to cater to the teams needs.

Crobat (Crobatite)
Abilities: Inner Focus (Infiltrator) -> Infiltrator
New Moves: Clear Smog, Gunk Shot

Crobat fills an effective support role with moves like Roost, Defog, Taunt and Super Fang. Its great speed allows it to do what it needs to do, and can use Roost to eliminate some weaknesses. It also gains Clear Smog to act as an emergency stop to setup sweepers Its typing provides it with an immunity to Ground and key resistances to Fighting and Fairy.

Mega Crobat
Poison / Flying ----> Poison / Flying
Inner Focus / Infiltrator ----> Adaptability
85 / 90 / 80 / 70 / 80 / 130 (535) ----> 85 / 100 (+10) / 90 (+10) / 120 (+50) / 90 (+10) / 150 (+20) (635)

Mega Crobat becomes a special sweeper capable of firing off powerful STAB attacks with Adaptability. Thanks to Adaptabilty, Air Slash becomes a fairly powerful move, and Sludge Bomb becomes a very deadly weapon to deliver a powerful blow to bulkier foes and possibly OHKO less defensive foes. With a good base 120 Special Attack, Mega Crobat can abuse moves such as Giga Drain and Heat Wave, and can also use Nasty Plot to potentially pull off a sweep against offensive teams; alternatively, Mega Crobat can run a mixed attacking set with Brave Bird to catch special walls off guard. 150 base Speed means Mega Crobat can run a positive offensive nature to maximize damage while still outspeeding base 130s, and his defenses received a decent buff so he can take hits a little better.

Mega Crobat
Ability: Inner Focus/Infiltrator -> Mold Breaker
New Moves: No need
SpA: 70 -> 70 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Crobat looks exactly the same because Crobat is perfect.

Competitive Concept: Crobat is my favorite pokemon, period. Been on every team I've had since I started playing online, all the way back in Gen III! Its Brave Bird/Taunt/Roost/U-Turn set from Gen IV never goes out of style, and its incredible defensive typing fits perfectly with its insane speed in its role as anti-stall, and honestly anti-meta menace. Yes, it gets Nasty Plot, and it can become a sweeper with some tweaks (others have done this, I see), but to me, that's not only incredibly boring (there are sweepers left and right, especially in this meta) but goes against the spirit of this brilliant bat.

So what can we do with its mega? Well, boosting those defenses to 85/100/100 goes a long way when you resist Fighting, Grass, and Bug x4, are immune to Ground, and further resist Fairy and Poison. An attack boost to 120 helps its STAB Brave Bird, which already hits nicely hard in UU, really cause some hurt, but the real winner is a mammoth speed of 160; even by this meta full of mega's standards, it's practically unbeaten.

Crobat's the best at what it does, and with Mold Breaker, not even Magic Bounce or Oblivious or Aroma Veil can stop Crobat from Taunting away your opponent's utility and set-up. U-turn ignores this meta's new Bug-immunity abilities, and Brave Bird ignores its new Flying-immunity abilities (as all UU fans know, poor Mienshao will always hate the bat). Defog can still be used if you need hazard removal and can find room. This Crobat can be stuck onto practically any team you've got and work wonders.

Crobat
Type: Poison/Flying
Abilities: Inner Focus (Infiltrator) -> Aerialate
New Moves: Clear Smog, Boom Burst

Def: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpA: 70 -> 85 (+15)
SpD: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Spe: 130 -> 115 (-15)

Concept: You're not reading that wrong, Crobat is now a defensive Aerialate mon. Don't salivate for Aer Boomburst. Crobat still can do fuck all to steel types and it LOSES SPEED! No, the real boon of Aerialate is that there is nothing immune to your flying type Super Fang. Ghosts cannot try to force you out this way, not that they're really what you'd call Crobat counters with it having a boomburst that now outdoes shadow ball.

I wouldn't call it invincible by any stretch. It will be at an impasse against steels. Note, if Boomburst is too strong, then sub in Hyper Voice, which it doesn't naturally get for some reason.

Mega Crobat

Flavor Concept: Crobat’s supersonic hearing renders it aware of entry hazards before it enters the field, so it can avoid them.

Competitive Concept: Crazy fast pivot and support ‘mon. Mega Crobat can switch in and out of attacks without worrying about the omnipresent Stealth Rock. Defog and Roost are crucial to its role, and the other two moveslots will probably be taken up by U-Turn and one of Brave Bird, Super Fang, and Taunt.

Quagsire
Typing: Water/Ground (same)
Abilities: Damp, Water Absorb (Unaware) -> Rain Summon (Drizzle, but acts as if the user was holding a Damp Rock, making it last 8 turns.)
Movepool Additions: Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring, Soak

Atk: 85 -> 100 (+15)
Def: 85 -> 85
SpA: 65 -> 105 (+40)
SpD: 65 -> 84 (+19)
Spe: 35 -> 61 (+26)

Design Concept: Quagsire loses a definite shape, becoming more of a puddle.

Competitive: It can be used as an offensive rain setter, setting up with curse and using aqua jet, or going the special route and and spam scalds. Also, it could be used defensively, with multiple moves to help it, mainly recover.

Mega Quagsire
Abilities: Damp/Water Absorb/Unaware -> Regenerator

Atk: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Def: 85 -> 117 (+32)
SpA: 65 -> 81 (+16)
SpD: 65 -> 107 (+42)
Spe: 35 -> 35 (+0)

Flavor Concept: Quagsire now sits on a bubble. The darker tones in the back of its body is now on the front as well.

Competitive Concept: Wanted Quagsire to go from a check to set up sweepers to being a defensive behemoth. Improved defensive capabilities with slight increases in offensive stats. Regenerator for longevity on stall and balanced teams.

Mega Quagsire
Abilities: Damp/Water Absorb/Unaware -> Poison Heal

Atk: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Def: 85 -> 120 (+35)
SpA: 65 -> 80 (+15)
SpD: 65 -> 90 (+25)

Regular Quagsire's already good, so this Mega is meant to allow you to hold off on evolving it until it's absolutely necessary rather than making just a flat-out better version of Quagsire. You can use it in its normal form to check set-up sweepers and then completely turn the tables on your opponent if something tries to take down Quagsire with Toxic. Just the threat of Mega Evolving will make your opponent shy away from using Toxic if Quagsire doesn't have Leftovers recovery. The stats also make it a nice Curse user that can't be easily brought down by passive damage.

Quagsire (Quagsirite)
Abilities: Damp, Water Absorb (Unaware) -> Serene Grace
New Moves: Calm Mind

Atk: 85 -> 105 (+20)
SpD: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Spe: 35 -> 55 (+20)

Hope you like burns. And accuracy drops. With Serene Grace and boosted speed, Quagsire can run a paraflinch set. It can also run CM with its improved Special Attack.

Quagsire
Abilities: Damp, Water Absorb (Unaware) -> Unaware
New Moves: Trick Room, Bulk Up, Aqua Jet

SpD: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Spe: 35 -> 15 (-20)

Concept: Quagsire is the unaware wall you remember, with a better stat spread than before, and Bulk Up to ensure that no physical move that isn't a grass type will ever cause it any great harm. Aqua Jet is there in case Trick Room setting just isn't enough for youyour style.

Mega Quagsire
Typing: Same
Ability: Damp/Water Absorb/Unaware --> Simple
Stats: 95/85/85/65/65/35 --> 95/120/115/90/85/25

Mega Quagsire basically takes on the role of a pokemon it's base form is used to stop, a set-up sweeper (Ironic isn't it). Mega Quagsire can abuse the move Curse to great levels. It's got some pretty good attack and defense that can be further boosted by Curse and its abysmal speed doesn't care about being dropped, infact it actually helps it out a lot in TR. Mega Quagsire can also take on a semi defensive role as well, getting stuff like +4 Amnesia and +2 Stockpile is quite nice, although it does lose out on it's base forms leftover access and amazing ability.

Unown
Typing: Psychic (same)
Abilities: Levitate -> Visible Power (Doubles the base power of hidden power attacks, making them 120)
Movepool Additions: None, as what makes it unique is having only hidden power. (Well, and all of the different forms)

Def: 48 -> 38 (-10)
SpA: 72 -> 112 (+40)
SpD: 48 -> 48
Spe: 48 -> 118 (+70)

Design Concept: Remains the same letter as before, but the inside (not the eye, but the black; still retains the outlines) becomes a dull pink or blue, depending on what letter it is (dull pink for vowels, and blue for consonants.) Also, as the animation the color's movement is a few frames ahead of the outline.

Competitive: Gets a lot stronger. A 120 power move of any type off of an ok spA stat can do wonders. It is a guessing game as to what type the move is, so nothing is guaranteed to be safe on a switch in.

Mega Unown
Abilities: Levitate -> Prophecy (Opposing Pokemon directly in front of M-Unown have all stats dropped by one stage. Can't be Traced, Skill Swapped, etc. exclusive to M-Unown)
New Moves: Ancientpower

Atk: 72 -> 92 (+20)
Def: 48 -> 68 (+20)
SpA: 72 -> 92 (+20)
SpD: 48 -> 68 (+20)
Spe: 48 -> 48 (+20)
BST: 336 -> 436

Flavor Concept: Clear in terms of color, eye now has a light glow shining off of it.

Competitive Concept: Unown is literally just garbage, and it needed something pretty big to make it stand out. This was the best I could come up with as now it has some actual competitive use. It's designed to be a pivot of sorts to help various archetypes such as stall to Wish pass more easily, HO to allow set up sweepers more ease, things like that basically. Ancientpower seemed like a logical move it would get. Ability sounds a bit overpowered but I mean it's Unown, it needed an overhaul. Don't mega evolve this on Defiant users though, that might not end up with good results lol.

Mega Unown
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Rock
Abilities: Levitate -> Awakened Power (Sp. Atk stat is doubled and secondary effects have a 100% chance of activating)
New Moves: Ancient Power

Def: 48 -> 78 (+40)
SpA: 72 -> 72
SpD: 48 -> 78 (+40)
Spe: 48 -> 68 (+20)

The Mega Evolving animation would show a few other Unown emerging from that alternate dimension like they do in the HGSS Arceus event and bringing some ancient artifacts along with them. Competitively, there aren't any Rock types that attack from the special side, especially when Lunatone may get its own Mega Evolution soon in ORAS. With max investment Mega Unown's Special Attack sits at 534, the equivalent of base 193. That sounds cool until you remember the whole no boosting items and no moves over 60 BP part.

The mysterious Mega Unown has unlocked Ancient Power's prehistoric secrets, doing good STAB damage and boosting 5 stats each use. At +1 Speed, it can outrun positive-natured 110 Speed Pokemon. It's not obscenely powerful, doing 58-68% to uninvested Latias at +1 Special Attack, but it can get that way if allowed to use Ancient Power a couple times before being taken down. Hidden Power types such as Ground, Fighting, Fire, and Grass can round out Ancient Power's coverage, and HP Psychic for dual STAB might even be an option. Mega Unown definitely needs to be able to get off an Ancient Power before taking a hit if it wants to sweep, because otherwise it will get worn down into priority range since it still has to deal with 48 base HP and an iffy defensive typing. Among common OU Pokemon, priority like Bisharp's Sucker Punch and Azumarill's Aqua Jet will cut it down to size even at +1 Defense and Quagsire can handle non-HP Grass variants since Earthquake will ignore any defensive boosts.

Unown (Unownite)
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Ghost
Abilities: Levitate -> Prankster
New Moves: Taunt, Encore, Memento

Def: 48 -> 113 (+65)
SpD: 48 -> 113 (+65)
Spe: 48 -> 18 (-30)

Mega Unown
Ability: Levitate -> Alphabetize (reversed Imposter: upon mega evolving and switching in, Mega Unown transforms the opponent into your Mega Unown)
New Moves: No. Never. It would destroy the entire point of Unown. It would be like giving a move besides Sketch to Smeargle or a move besides Transform to Ditto.
HP: 48-> 48
Atk: 72-> 92 (+20)
Def: 48-> 68 (+20)
SpA: 72-> 92 (+20)
SpD: 48-> 68 (+20)
Spe: 48-> 68 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Unown looks the same, just bigger.

Competitive Concept: Unown is probably the actual worst pokemon in the game. Other crappy mons usually evolve into something better at least, or, like Ditto, have gained new abilities that make them viable. Unown has none of that. Horrible stats, a single move in its arsenal, no evolutionary gains, not even an item like Stick or Lucky Punch to even TRY to make it better.

How do we make it useful? Viable, even? We can't. It simply cannot be done. Which is what we can use to make it useful. How? By making it so every time Mega Unown switches in, or when it Mega evolves, the opponent transforms into your Mega Unown. Reverse Imposter, if you will.

That Charizard that has three Dragon Dances under its belt? Now it's an Unown. That Sylveon about to use Heal Bell to fix up its team? Now it's an Unown. Mega Unown turns whatever it faces into a useless piece of crap, essentially forcing a switch and creating an amazing endgame situation. If Unown is on your team and your opponent has one Pokemon left, you win.

The price? Your team not only has no actual megas that can fulfill other roles, but essentially has five slots; Alphabetize may have a devastating effect, but it's not as if Mega Unown can do anything afterward. It's vulnerable to every status and every entry hazard, and has wretched stats and one of the worst defensive typings in the game.

Also, hilariously, as the standard Hidden Power is Dark, opposing Unowns (who will likely have higher HPs as well) will almost always have a super-effective attack against Unown.

Mega Unown only has one trick, but it's a hell of a trick, and makes it a serious menace in the meta.

Mega Unown

Mega Unown
Typing: Psychic --> Psychic/Dragon
Ability: Levitate --> Unleashed Power (Special Version of Huge/Pure Power)
Stats: 48/72/48/72/48/48 --> 48/72/47/122/47/88

Normally I never do something like this, but this was the best way I could think of making Mega Unown viable while keeping Hidden Power as its only move. Now, Mega Unown has a ridiculously high special attack, having 17 more base power in its attacking stat than Mega Mawile, who was deemed broken, and they have similar abilities. This is high enough to do tons of damage to even resisted opponents. Its speed tier also lets it outspeed most walls and speed tie with Excadrill. It's new Dragon type lets it run perfect IVs in everything other than Attack, which is nulled, and still get STAB. However, Mega Unown having only Hidden Power for a attack is still a major draw back. If it decides to run HP Psychic or Dragon for STAB, it is completely walled by even non defensive Dark and Fairy types respectively. It's also incredibly prone to losing its ability, so it's guaranteed to be deadweight if it loses Unleashed Power

Mega Unown
Psychic -> Psychic
Levitate -> Power of One (Performs 5 attacks at 75% power (only one PP drop))
48/72/48/72/48/48 -> 48/72/68/102/68/78

Mega Unown, upon Mega Evolving, summons four partners from the Unown dimension. This time it's not technically personal...

To be honest, I like nightsitter's idea but I hate giving Unown new moves so this can be thought of as a remix of it for those of you in the same boat as I am. I also think it might be SLIGHTLY broken, so mine does a little bit less damage. But, eh...

Mega Wobbuffet
Psychic -> Psychic
Shadow Tag/Telepathy -> Typeless (This Pokemon takes neutral damage from all attacks. All attacks it uses are Typeless)
190/33/58/33/58/33 -> 190/33/88/33/88/73

So this Mega Wobbuffet is a bit different than others... This Mega works better in doubles than it does in singles (Doubles doesn't switch out as much so Shadow Tag is less useful), but it still has a usable niche over regular Wobbuffet. Remember, regular Wobbuffet has healing in Leftovers so regular Wobbuffet outclasses a Shadow Tag Mega Wobbuffet.

In my case, now Mega Wobbuffet isn't hurt much by the tons of Ghost and Dark types in the XY Meta (though it is hurt more by the Psychic and Fighting types but they aren't as common as Dark and Ghost types). In addition, Mega Wobbuffet can now hurt physical ghosts and special darks now that Counter and Mirror Coat are considered typeless. The stat boosts are the only stat boosts that Mega Wobbuffet cares about. It's got higher defenses and a much higher speed. It might catch a particularly slow Pokemon offguard with Destiny Bond or Encore now.

Wobbuffet
Typing: Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
Abilities: Shadow Tag (Telepathy) -> Mastery (Can hit any pokemon with any move: Fairy Types with Dragon Tail, magic bouncers with encore, etc. Also, block can prevent ghost types from escaping)
Movepool Additions: Block, Dragon Tail, Taunt

HP: 190 -> 190
Atk: 33 -> 83 (+50)
Def: 58 -> 53 (-5)
SpA: 33 -> 33
SpD: 58 -> 58
Spe: 33 -> 88 (+55)

Design Concept: Its tail grows longer and hangs over Wobbuffet's head, as well as being surrounded in a dark mist. The eyes on the tail glow red, piercing through the mist.

Competitive: It now can hit back after being hit, and it can hit enemies that it couldn't before. It has an ok speed, so it can taunt some enemies. You now have to pick between your moves, as there are more options. The attack boost is so that dragon tail might be able to touch some frail dragons like noivern, but it still can't both much else.

Mega Wobbuffet
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
Abilities: Shadow Tag/Telepathy -> Shadow Tag

Atk: 33 -> 42 (+9)
Def: 58 -> 88 (+30)
SpA: 33 -> 42 (+9)
SpD: 58 -> 88 (+30)
Spe: 33 -> 55 (+22)

Flavor Concept: The tail in its back now is longer and hangs over Wobbuffets head with an evil smirk on its face and a shadow casted over Wobbuffet. Wobb nows smile instead of frowning.

Competitive Concept: Basically a better version of Wobbuffet with the lack of leftovers and Sitrus Berry. Can come in and break stall more efficiently with higher speed and Encore, more bulk to last longer with Counter and Mirror coat, and speed now allows it to utilize Destiny Bond more.

Wobbuffet (Wobbuffetite)
Abilities: Shadow Tag (Telepathy) -> Shadow Tag
New Moves: none

Atk: 33 -> 33
Def: 58 -> 78 (+20)
SpD: 58 -> 78 (+20)
Spe: 33 -> 93 (+60)
BST: 405 -> 505

Per the usual, PM your top 3 to nightsitter

Congrats to all the winners!

Crobat: nightsitter
Mega Crobat

Quagsire: AM
Mega Quagsire
Abilities: Damp/Water Absorb/Unaware -> Regenerator

Atk: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Def: 85 -> 117 (+32)
SpA: 65 -> 81 (+16)
SpD: 65 -> 107 (+42)

Flavor Concept: Quagsire now sits on a bubble. The darker tones in the back of its body is now on the front as well.

Competitive Concept: Wanted Quagsire to go from a check to set up sweepers to being a defensive behemoth. Improved defensive capabilities with slight increases in offensive stats. Regenerator for longevity on stall and balanced teams.

Unown: GG Unit (this was a close one!)
Mega Unown
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Rock
Abilities: Levitate -> Awakened Power (Sp. Atk stat is doubled and secondary effects have a 100% chance of activating)
New Moves: Ancient Power

Def: 48 -> 78 (+40)
SpD: 48 -> 78 (+40)
Spe: 48 -> 68 (+20)

The Mega Evolving animation would show a few other Unown emerging from that alternate dimension like they do in the HGSS Arceus event and bringing some ancient artifacts along with them. Competitively, there aren't any Rock types that attack from the special side, especially when Lunatone may get its own Mega Evolution soon in ORAS. With max investment Mega Unown's Special Attack sits at 534, the equivalent of base 193. That sounds cool until you remember the whole no boosting items and no moves over 60 BP part.

The mysterious Mega Unown has unlocked Ancient Power's prehistoric secrets, doing good STAB damage and boosting 5 stats each use. At +1 Speed, it can outrun positive-natured 110 Speed Pokemon. It's not obscenely powerful, doing 58-68% to uninvested Latias at +1 Special Attack, but it can get that way if allowed to use Ancient Power a couple times before being taken down. Hidden Power types such as Ground, Fighting, Fire, and Grass can round out Ancient Power's coverage, and HP Psychic for dual STAB might even be an option. Mega Unown definitely needs to be able to get off an Ancient Power before taking a hit if it wants to sweep, because otherwise it will get worn down into priority range since it still has to deal with 48 base HP and an iffy defensive typing. Among common OU Pokemon, priority like Bisharp's Sucker Punch and Azumarill's Aqua Jet will cut it down to size even at +1 Defense and Quagsire can handle non-HP Grass variants since Earthquake will ignore any defensive boosts.

Wobbuffet: Mega Mantine
Mega Wobbuffet (Wobbuffetite)
Abilities: Shadow Tag (Telepathy) -> Shadow Tag
New Moves: none

Atk: 33 -> 33
Def: 58 -> 78 (+20)
SpD: 58 -> 78 (+20)
Spe: 33 -> 93 (+60)
BST: 405 -> 505

Please wait for Mew King to announce the next slate before submitting.

Thought I'd try my hand at this. (And fail.)

Steelix
Steel/Ground -> Steel/Ground
Rock Head / Sturdy / Sheer Force -> Filter
75/85/200/55/65/30 -> 75/85/250/55/130/15

Flavor: Steelix gains a whole new layer of metal that can constrict on attacks to filter them.

Competitive: Steelix goes the Mega Aggron route and gains Filter and a lot of bulk. It now has the highest defense in the game, except for maybe Mega Shuckle or something if I missed that.

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Steelix: 343-405 (96.8 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO.

That has a 20% chance not to OHKO. My god.

Quilfish.png
Mega Quilfish
Typing: Poison/Water --> Poison/Water
Ability: Poison Point/Intimidate/Swift Swim --> Magic Bounce
Stats: 65/95/75/55/55/85 --> 65/110(+15)/105(+30)/55(+0)/85(+30)/110(+25)
New Moves: Recover

Flavour Concept: Has a cloud of Purple fumes surrounding it, not letting anything past. Becomes nuclear yellow and green coloured. Spikes

Competitive concept: Can come in on a physical attacker with intimidate then mega evolve and set up spikes and toxic spikes. Can be used as a hazards lead, blocking opposing hazards and setting up its own. It can out-speed most defensive mons, becoming nightmare for stall teams with access to recovery and taunt.

steelix.png

Mega Steelix
Typing: Steel/Ground --> Steel/Ground
Ability: Rock Head/Sturdy/Sheer Force --> Regenerator
Stats: 75/85/200/55/65/30 --> 75/130(+45)/230(+20)/65(+10)/90(+25)/20(-10)

Flavour Concept: Has new rocks forming on its body making it much heavier and allowing it to regenerate itself.

Competitive Concept: Becomes a much better tank having access to semi reliable recovery. Can shrug off most physical attacks with ease and set up rocks. Also has improved special bulk so doesn't get bodied as much by special attacks. Has an easy time shuffling teams with roar and dragon tail. Fits well on stall teams with other regenerator mons.

Girafarig (Girafarigite)
Type: Normal/Psychic -> Normal/Psychic
Abilities: Inner Focus, Early Bird (Sap Sipper) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Nature Power, Focus Blast

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 80 -> 80
Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 85 -> 115 (+30)
BST: 455 -> 555

Girafarig can let loose with boosted attacks, going pseudo-mixed with Psyshock. It also has some bulk to set up. Nature Power gives it STAB Sheer Force Tri Attack. It's stronger than you'd think:

+2 252 SpA Sheer Force Girafarig Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 255-301 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Sheer Force Girafarig Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 328-386 (51 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Sheer Force Girafarig Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 454-536 (117.9 - 139.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Sheer Force Girafarig Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 303-357 (99.6 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Steelix (Steelixite)
Type: Steel/Ground -> Steel/Dragon
Abilities: Rock Head, Sturdy (Sheer Force) -> Pressure
New Moves: Coil, Dragon Rush

HP: 75 -> 75
Def: 200 -> 230 (+30)
SpA: 55 -> 55
Spe: 30 -> 40 (+10)
BST: 510 -> 610

Steelix is based off a wyrm, a limbless dragon often known for burrowing. Heat and pressure deep beneath the earth has hardened steelix, making it nearly invincible With an improved defensive typing, it makes a better tank. It also gains Coil which allow it to use Iron Tail and Dragon Rush, and a pretty damaging Dragon Tail. It excels with Wish support or ResTalk and can stall out strong physical attacks.

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix: 166-196 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- 71.1% chance to 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix: 274-324 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix: 144-170 (40.6 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix: 200-236 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Qwilfish (Qwilfishite)
Type: Water/Poison -> Water/Poison
Abilities: Poison Point, Swift Swim (Intimidate) -> Regenerator
New Moves: Recover, Swords Dance

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Def: 75 -> 105 (+30)
SpD: 55 -> 85 (+30)
Spe: 85 -> 105 (+20)

Qwilfish makes up for low stats with a great defensive typing and an excellent ability in Regenerator. It has great speed for a support role considering its access to Taunt.

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Qwilfish: 258-306 (77.2 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Qwilfish: 228-270 (68.2 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Qwilfish: 316-372 (94.6 - 111.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Ursaring (Ursaringite)
Type: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Guts, Quick Feet (Unnerve) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Pursuit

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 130 -> 150 (+20)
Def: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpA: 75 -> 75
SpD: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Spe: 55 -> 115 (+60)
BST: 500 -> 600

grr

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Man I really wish I got status updates more on this thread so I can actually vote more lol.

Mega Girafarig
Abilities: Inner Focus/Early Bird/Sap Sipper -> Serene Grace

Atk: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 85 -> 95 (+10)
BST: 455 -> 555

Flavor Concept: The tail on its back is proportion to Girafarigs own self. They now stand side ways looking at the opponent together.

Competitive Concept: I looked at Girafarig's movepool and noticed a lot of things could be used with Serene Grace. Ranging from things like Charge Beam with 100% increase in SpAtk, to 40% drops in Defense on Crunch. Made it more offensive basically, nothing much else to say.

Mega Steelix
Type: Steel/Ground -> Steel/Ground
Abilities: Rock Head/Sturdy/SheerForce -> Mold Breaker

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Def: 200 -> 230 (+30)
SpA: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpD: 65 -> 95 (+30)
Spe: 30 -> 45 (+15)
BST: 510 -> 610

Flavor Concept: The spikes protruding out of Steelix's body resembles that of a back bone now, curving upwards. Rocks are that make up its body are larger now.

Competitive Concept: Better lead basically, doesn't have to worry about Magic Bounce, can Taunt opposing leads or mons normally not effected by Taunt like Aromatisse, etc. More defensive presence with increase in its useless stats to balance it out a bit.

Last edited:
Everybody, please exscuseme, but I'm trying to understand: why do a lot of people submit megaevolutions of the same pokemon in the same period? Which is the rule?

Does anyone know who has permission to edit the spreadsheet besides acestriker19? I have a bunch of free time, and we're rather behind on updating it. I fear that we'll try to create new Megas for ones that have already been done (like we did with Quagsire).
Ability: Inner Focus/Early Bird/Sap Sipper -> Quick Witted (See OP for description)
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Focus Blast

Atk: 80 -> 80
Def: 65 -> 90 (+25)
SpA: 90 -> 130 (+40)
SpD: 65 -> 90 (+25)
Spe: 85 -> 95 (+10)

Flavor Concept: All Psychic types should get Focus Blast, and Nasty Plot isn't too Farfetch'd either. Quick Witted because probably any Psychic type could get it.

Competitive Concept: Wallbreaker with solid coverage and a neat ability. While not exactly a top-tier threat, Mega Girafarig holds a solid niche in being able to rip apart most offensive teams.

Everybody, please exscuseme, but I'm trying to understand: why do a lot of people submit megaevolutions of the same pokemon in the same period? Which is the rule?
Whoever's in charge select 4 fully evolved pokemon and everyone submits their ideas for them. Then we vote on our favorite ideas for each pokemon.

Mega Girafarig
Type: Normal/Psychic -> Normal/Ghost
Abilities: Inner Focus/Early Bird/Sap Sipper -> Two-Headed (Parental Bond clone)
New Moves: Hyper Voice

Atk: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Def: 65 -> 80 (+15)
SpA: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpD: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Spe: 85 -> 115 (+30)

Flavor concept: Girafarig turns to its side, craning both heads so they both face the opponent. Its tail gets way more menacing.

Competitive Concept: Normal/Ghost. Beautiful. As the only possible typing that resists the otherwise perfect Ghost/Fighting combo (in fact, not only resisting them, but being immune to them outside of Scrappy), Mega Girafarig can switch in on all sorts of threats that use them as coverage. From there, it strikes twice with its Parental Bond clone, spreading a lot of hurt with STAB Shadow Ball (and, if you want, STAB Hyper Voice). Its not-too-shabby base 100 Attack makes it able to go mixed, but so does Psyshock if you want full investment in Special Attack. Fun moves include Dazzling Beam for great coverage with Shadow Ball, Charge Beam, which gives a chance at a free Nasty Plot boost (but not a guarantee, like Kanga's Power-Up Punch), and Foul Play, which hits heavy attackers incredibly hard. In terms of boosting, Work Up and Calm Mind can be used for more power, but Agility probably takes the cake thanks to its good, but not great 115 speed.

Although it's immune to three types, Mega Girafarig is still weak to the ever-common Dark type, and only resists Bug and Poison otherwise. This, on top of its fairly low bulk and lack of priority, makes Girafarig great, but defeatable.

Mega Ursaring
Type: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Guts/Quick Feet/Unnerve -> Hibernate (takes 25% of all damage when asleep)
New Moves: Nope

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 130 -> 150 (+20)
Def: 75 -> 125 (+50)
SpA: 75 -> 75 (+0)
SpD: 75 -> 125 (+50)
Spe: 55 -> 35 (-20)

Flavor Concept: Ursaring has fattened up and is ready for a long winter's nap.

Competitive Concept: I'm very against using the Pokedex and English translations in general as flavor, but when they're supplemented by movepool (Ursaring has always learned Rest in level-up) and actual flavor (it's a bear), I'm all for it. If Ursaring is a grizzly when it's active, Mega Ursaring is a grizzly at rest: slow, but bulky as all hell.

Even without any resistances, 90/125/125 isn't easy to take down. Ursaring is virtually guaranteed to survive a hit and hit back hard with that 150 Attack, and can easily run an all-out attacker set or a Swords Dance or Bulk Up set to make that bulk work. But another incredibly potent option is Rest-Talk, thanks to Ursaring's fun new ability; not only does Rest heal our bear up and remove status, but whenever it falls asleep, the damage it takes plummets to 25%. Suddenly that Normal typing with no resistances resists every attack save Fighting (and Ghost, I guess) x4.

Suffice to say, Mega Ursaring is a hell of a mon to take down. The only form of relief its opponents can take is that Rest leaves it with the unreliable Sleep Talk to attack. Moreover, it has to choose between Fighting/Ground coverage for Steels, Dark/Ghost coverage for ghosts, or use both but have no STAB Return. Crunch will probably win out given its new effectiveness against Steel and lack of stat-drops like Close Combat, but it still would like to not have to choose. You could also go without Sleep Talk, trusting your defenses to keep you alive, but that makes Ursaring far too easy to set up on to be viable.

Regardless, this Mega Ursaring will be a tough nut to crack. It's bearly restrained by its flaws, even though it lost Unnerve to keep opponents from eating bearries. It bears repeating that, with Hibearnation on its side, its power and bulk are bearderline unbearable.

Got nothing for Qwilfish and my Steelix idea was practically identical to Mega Mantine's.

Last edited:
Whoever's in charge select 4 fully evolved pokemon and everyone submits their ideas for them. Then we vote on our favorite ideas for each pokemon.
Oh, ok, thank you so much! So, now that I know what's this discussion about, I can submit my ideas!

I think that I have a really impossible idea for Mega Girafarig, here it is:
Girafarig
Normal Typing: Normal/Psychic ----> Mega Typing: Dark/Psychic
Normal Abilities: Inner Focus, Early Bird (Sap Sipper) ----> Mega Ability: Huge Power
Stats:
HP 70
ATK 80-> 100 (+20)
DEF 65->80 (+15)
SP ATK 90-> 120 (+30)
SP DEF 65->80 (+15)
SPD 85-> 105 (+20)
TOTAL 455->555
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Nasty Plot, Dark pulse
Concept: Something like this or this. I think that he would substitute the role of Absol in the OU tier, with his less weaknesses, his huge attack and his Psychic typing.

Mega Qwilfish
Type: Water/Poison -> Water/Poison
Abilities: Poison Point/Swift Swim/Intimidate -> Intoxicate (Poison -ate ability)

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Def: 75 -> 100 (+25)
SpD: 55 -> 75 (+20)
Spe: 85 -> 105 (+20)

Mega Qwilfish's stat distribution and abilty makes it one of the most powerful Poison type attackers right off the bat thanks to the upgrade Intoxicate-boosted Return gives it:
252+ Atk Qwilfish Poison Jab vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 190-225 (29.5 - 35%)
252+ Atk Intoxicate Qwilfish Return vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 316-373 (49.2 - 58%)

Mega Qwilfish can still admirably fulfill a role as a fast Spiker/Toxic Spiker, and now it has a wickedly powerful Intoxicate-boosted Explosion to prevent things from coming in and Defogging
252+ Atk Intoxicate Qwilfish Explosion vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 447-526 (105.1 - 124.3%)

Makes sense flavor-wise with an exploding Qwilfish shooting its poisonous spines all over the place. An Explosion that strong is going to hearken back to the days before the move's nerf and would definitely help break down walls for another sweeper. With its respectable Speed, Mega Qwilfish could even try to set up on its own after Intimidating something in base form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)