Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently experiancing a bug where after I exported one of my poke's sets i accidentally deleted it and teambuilder just seemed to freeze cause after i expoted it, i tried changing the poke's moves which i could not do. I then tried closing Teambuilder and it will not open again. Like the tab will not open. I've tried restarting my browser and that did not work.

The game won't allow my friend, You Ash For It, to use Recover or Curse on his Avalugg, as if his Avalugg was affected by Taunt, but in the battle I did not use Taunt.

Alright, i am not sure if showdown mods can actually go and check what item a pokemon was holding, but i just experienced this;
I had a smooth rock tyranitar, i send it out turn one, and the sand ended at the end of turn 5, which cost me huge momentum and forced me to sack a pokemon, i have the replay here if it helps with anything: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-163486042

I cannot prove anything, but i checked afterwards to see if i had done anything to the team by accident, which i had not.

EDIT: gardevoir traced sand stream, which I did not note, and therefore (stupidly) thought it was a bug, I apologize for ever posting in the first place.

Last edited:

asgdf

could've been worse
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
I would say the reason for that is that the Gardevoir is faster, traced the Sand stream and thus set up its own, not-smooth rock boosted sand before TTar could.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I would say the reason for that is that the Gardevoir is faster, traced the Sand stream and thus set up its own, not-smooth rock boosted sand before TTar could.
Asgdf is correct. It was sent out first, so it was faster, since it was faster, it's ability was used first. So even though you had a rock, his sandstorm outsped yours, as odd as that may sound. It's a common strategy in some matches to make the opponent's weather activate after yours so it's not extended. I am unsure if this was intentional of the other user, yet it worked to his advantage.

Err, no? The slower Pokemon's weather is in effect as it comes afterwards and then replaces the faster mon's weather.

asgdf

could've been worse
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Err, no? The slower Pokemon's weather is in effect as it comes afterwards and then replaces the faster mon's weather.
Yeah, if it's a different weather. But when you send out TTar while a sandstorm is already going, Sand stream will have no effect instead of resetting the sand counter, which is what happened here.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I will refer to the logs of the battle.

Bacon and Blissey sent out Hurricane beach (Tyranitar)!
Gardevoir traced the opposing Hurricane beach's Sand Stream!
A sandstorm kicked up!

As you can see from the logs, his trace activated before the opponent's sand-stream, so his was used first, and to go to the description of Smooth[?] Rock.
A Pokémon hold item that extends the duration of the move Sandstorm used by the holder.
So it was not extended by the holder's. It was gardevoir's. You can recreate this in-game to see if it works in-game, yet for now, it doesn't look like a bug.

I am well aware that trace makes garde faster. Here's the evidence that it was not the case. (did you even watch the replay)
1. The sandstorm subsided, not only was garde faster
2. Garde did not even have trace

Turn 5
Mad At Myself: get read like a fuckin book
★LT1A BLUNDER: i played this guy 10 times in a row yday
★LT1A BLUNDER: relax

Bacon and Blissey withdrew My little power(Keldeo-Resolute)!

Bacon and Blissey sent out WAYAUUU (Excadrill)!

Latios, come back!

Go! Gardevoir (Gardevoir-Mega)!
Pointed stones dug into Gardevoir!

The sandstorm subsided.

And yes, I did have the smooth rock

I am well aware that trace makes garde faster. Here's the evidence that it was not the case. (did you even watch the replay)
1. The sandstorm subsided, not only was garde faster
2. Garde did not even have trace
Trace does not make a Pokémon faster, it copies the foe's ability. Gardevoir was faster, so it created the weather first. And it did have Trace (did you even watch the replay):

Go! Gardevoir!
A sandstorm kicked up!

I will refer to the logs of the battle.

A sandstorm kicked up!

As you can see from the logs, his trace activated before the opponent's sand-stream, so his was used first, and to go to the description of Smooth[?] Rock.

So it was not extended by the holder's. It was gardevoir's. You can recreate this in-game to see if it works in-game, yet for now, it doesn't look like a bug.
Omfg!!! Im a god damn idiot, i apologize for my stupid post n_n ill edit it amd give you credit for pointing out my stupid mistake, thanks!

Trace does not make a Pokémon faster, it copies the foe's ability. Gardevoir was faster, so it created the weather first. And it did have Trace (did you even watch the replay):

Go! Gardevoir!
A sandstorm kicked up!
Ones again, I appoligise. I did not take note that it traces sand steam. I'll edit my first post, and look more carefully into what actually happened the next time

Last edited by a moderator:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So my opponent switched in his Greninja to my Psycho Boost. He was still a dark type, yet it killed.
Glitch.png

any ideas?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-163768337
skip to turn 21

for some reason i think aegislash's stance didn't change properly (afaik it should change even if it gets FP while trying to KS?) and it got OHKO'd by Sylveon Hyper Voice, which is impossible:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Aegislash-Shield: 109-129 (41.7 - 49.4%)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-163768337
skip to turn 21

for some reason i think aegislash's stance didn't change properly (afaik it should change even if it gets FP while trying to KS?) and it got OHKO'd by Sylveon Hyper Voice, which is impossible:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Aegislash-Shield: 109-129 (41.7 - 49.4%)
There were special defense drops caused by fake tears on Aegislash.

Quick question: Shouldn't PS be showing the number of Pokemon someone has if they have less than 6 of them (in metas without team preview)?

While it's really minor, it's kind of annoying playing through their first mon regularly and taking some turns to KO it, because you didn't know that they only brought a single mon. Especially when you've got an Explosion user or some other way of taking it out quickly.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Adding to the list of weird randbats sets, my Mega Manectric got 3 moves + option to mega evolve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)