UU Simple Questions Thread

Actually scrafty I'd a bad option. Its wrecked by every single fairy and has no way to boost its okay Special Defense
Its sp def is good, its the HP thats bad. Fairys are a pain though, but with the right team support, it has the tools to pull a BU set off (shed skin, drain punch, etc..)

Edit: more effective gen V, but is still better option than infernape as originally suggested....

wasteofspacetornadus is pretty good, but i dont think superpower triggers defiant, so prankster is probably better.
The guarantee to getting to move first was way more important than I anticipated, on something as fast as Tornadus (gets the +Def before the incoming attack, ensures survival on the turn Rest is needed). The critical hit from Stone Edge is still fatal if Tornadus can't PP stall it out.

Infernape was horrible if the opposing team still has a water type, but even only at +2 Atk +2 Def it survives the usual OHKO from the typical non-water type switch-ins and 2HKOs back with Mach Punch. Still pretty bad considering most defensive stuff is water typed.

I'm trying to put together an offense heavy team and I'm looking for a decent check to Victini. Currently I'm running a 252 HP/252 Atk Adamant Intimidate Choice Band Krookodile. I'm trying to see if there is a better alternative. Anyone have any input? Thanks!

Try Chandelure or an Offensive Arcanine. With Flash Fire, they both don't care for V-Create, though you may want a Ground-type for immunity to Bolt Strike to pair with it. Otherwise Haxorus is a good Pokemon to abuse a locked Victini after it KOs a Pokemon, coming in and tanking a V-Create to get a Dragon Dance and then sweep.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been kicking around Chandelure as the replacement. I like that it also resists a Victini U-Turn. Haxorus is already on my team as a DD sweeper. I'm thinking a choice scarf set on Chandelure.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been kicking around Chandelure as the replacement. I like that it also resists a Victini U-Turn. Haxorus is already on my team as a DD sweeper. I'm thinking a choice scarf set on Chandelure.
I ran AssVest Snorlax with pursuit. 252 def evs and thick fat go a long way. Mega doom is a good option, as is regular doom that cnlan go easily mixed with pursuit and sucker punch to trap.

Swampert is probably the closest thing to a counter to banded victini, but has to watch out for the rare grass knot. Most tinibare eitber LO or Banded, so a faster scarfer with dark or ground STAB coverage should be able to pick it off easily. Good examples are scarf flygon, hydre priority users like mega absol and honchkrow are good as well and can play pursuit/sucker punch games as well.

Is a decision going to be made regarding the new drops soon? I mean the most controversial one at least I think should have some sort of priority in decision, the rest have shown to be fairly benign or manageable.

Is the council looking at all the dropsbat once like we did last time (alakazam, alakazite, etc..) or are thry looking at at specific mons?

When do you think a decision will be made?

Ban Quagsire! Just kidding lol
I think Victini was mentioned as a potential suspect so I think it isn't limited to the September drops.

To clarify: we weren't just looking at the drops, we were looking at everything due to how the meta changed after Slowbro, Hera, and Mew rose.

And yes, Victini is a suspect, although it being banned or not is yet to be seen. If it is, though, expect him to be retested soon—which, considering we have Alakazite, Ziggy, bunny, and the borked abilities, means it'd be either the first or the second thing, lol.

There are plenty of good Scarf users in the tier, it all just depends on what exactly you need it to do.
If you need your Scarf user to outspeed +1 Haxorus there's Jirachi, Hydreigon and Mienshao
If you like annoying walls with Trick then Rotom-H and Chandelure are possible options
etc

Choice Scarf Infernape seems good, but dies to a +2 Extreme Speed from Lucario. Otherwise it has access to most of Victini's moves and can go mixed as a scarfer.

Is there a good partner for DD Haxorus that can lure out Scarf Hydreigon and use Knock Off? Cofagrigus seems good but doesn't suit the rest of the team. Zoroark disguised as Haxorus is also good, but dies immediately to the incoming U-Turn.

Is there a good partner for DD Haxorus that can lure out Scarf Hydreigon and use Knock Off? Cofagrigus seems good but doesn't suit the rest of the team. Zoroark disguised as Haxorus is also good, but dies immediately to the incoming U-Turn.
If you simply want to neuter ScarfHydra's speed you can try TrickSpecs Rotom-H as most teams' prime Rotom-H switch-in would be Hydra. Just make sure you have stuff like Florges or Blissey to take on those specs boosted hits

Trick Flame Orb works too.

There is also Celebi but most Hydra users should be wary of D.Gleam.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)