Clockmons

Well, a two turn endure would be insanely OP (and make shit like hitmonlee OU), so you should totally do that, cause it'd be awesome.

Well, a two turn endure would be insanely OP (and make shit like hitmonlee OU), so you should totally do that, cause it'd be awesome.
Well the more things like that we add, the more this becomes a pet mod. It's already pretty borderline as it is, so if anything I'd suggest removing the Future Sight/Doom Desire mods (as cool as they are).

This.
Sounds.
Fucking.
Awesome.

10 Turn TR yes please

Albeit there's no mention of Gravity. What gives? :(
I'll change the OP to include Gravity/Magnet Rise to 10 turns, and, as the Eevee General said, prolong Tailwind to 6 turns.

The people who I've asked wanted there to be 2 dialog boxes, so here have the code. I will post this in the OM Code thread as well. Tested and confirmed working!

Code:
    {
        name: "Clockmons",
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: 'clockmons',
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite']
    },
Note: Delete the comma if this is the last metagame in your list.
Replace Other Metagames with whatever you like if you don't want this in the Other Metagames section.
Code:
exports.BattleStatuses = {
    raindance: {
        inherit: true,
        duration: 10,
        durationCallback: function (source, effect) {
            if (source && source.item === 'damprock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    },
    sunnyday: {
            if (source && source.item === 'heatrock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    },
    sandstorm: {
            if (source && source.item === 'smoothrock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    },
    hail: {
            if (source && source.item === 'icyrock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    }
};
Thank you so much for this, hahah. I'm surprised this metagame caught on so quickly o.o

Idea: what if boosts faded after 8 turns?
I wouldn't make stat boosts temporary for the following reasons:
1. Pokémon switch out, hazards do not.
2. It is rare to see a stat-boosting Pokémon last 8 turns, and if does, it probably means GG for the opponent anyway.
3. It hurts Furfrou's viability.

Also, some suspects for the format (in order of decreasing importance):
1. Rain + Swift Swim
2. Excadrill
3. Azumarill
4. Tornadus-T

Last note: Should Destiny Bond last 2 turns?

Last edited:
Tornadus-I and Stoutland look quite decent, and could possibly get better if swift swim / Excadrill get banned.

Tornadus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Taunt / Knock Off
- U-turn

Prankster Tailwind seems really useful, especially with swift swim and sand rush being improved.

Stoutland @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Fire Fang / Play Rough / Pursuit

One of my favourites from last gen. Its attack stat was slightly buffed this gen but the weather nerf basically made him useless in OU. It'd be pretty cool to test it out here.

Tornadus-I and Stoutland look quite decent, and could possibly get better if swift swim / Excadrill get banned.

Tornadus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Taunt / Knock Off
- U-turn

Prankster Tailwind seems really useful, especially with swift swim and sand rush being improved.
If Stoutland proves to be as good as Excadrill, it'll be most likely that Sandstorm + Sand Rush will be banned rather than Excadrill and Stoutland individually.

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt / Thunder / Surf
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice

Heliolisk is perhaps one of the most viable Pokémon in this format, with its three blessed abilities for weather. However, it cannot use Sand Veil, leaving it with Dry Skin and Solar Power. However, neither are bad abilities, with both finding utility in supporting their weather as well as a method of countering other weathers. The set above uses Solar Power as a method of breaking weather, with Specs leading to these statistics:

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed: 282-332 (73.4 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Politoed: 342-404 (89 - 105.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Heliolisk Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 518-612 (174.4 - 206%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 464-548 (136 - 160.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 460-544 (114.1 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Heliolisk Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite in Sun: 260-308 (80.4 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Note that Scarfed Tyranitar will outspeed Heliolisk but also that Heliolisk can OHKO Assault Vest Tyranitar.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Floette why Azumarill deserves a test? Sure it can be a monster in TR and rain but I still think he is manageable especially with sun teams and sturdy walls like M-Venusaur

Floette why Azumarill deserves a test? Sure it can be a monster in TR and rain but I still think he is manageable especially with sun teams and sturdy walls like M-Venusaur
M-Venusaur would be somewhat easy to deal with due to 100% Hurricane's re-emergence. While Azumarill may not be broken beyond compare, it still warrants a proper looking at.

Still, any thoughts on 2 turn Destiny Bond? Would it be too strong?

Two turn destiny bond enables the user to essentially get free turns every time it uses the move, unless the opponent feels compelled to sacrifice something to take it out. It would enable stuff like Froslass to get free spike layers, Houndoom to get up a nasty plot, Trevenant to set up a sub, and Gardevoir a calm mind. Even Delibird might be able to do something with it. As much as I dislike going against the flavor of the meta, it will probably be a little too annoying to keep around.

Two turn destiny bond enables the user to essentially get free turns every time it uses the move, unless the opponent feels compelled to sacrifice something to take it out. It would enable stuff like Froslass to get free spike layers, Houndoom to get up a nasty plot, Trevenant to set up a sub, and Gardevoir a calm mind. Even Delibird might be able to do something with it. As much as I dislike going against the flavor of the meta, it will probably be a little too annoying to keep around.
I did some calcs with +2 Solar Power Houndoom...yeah I'll keep Destiny Bond to its normal mechanics.

Eh this looks a bit OP IMO, maybe revert Hyper Beam and Giga Impact to their original mechanics? Still a bit OP IMO tho
I don't really think it would be THAT bad. they are unSTAB'd normal type moves, so the coverage provided is pretty crummy at best. really, there is not a whole lot that could EVER take advantage of those moves are the starters hyper beam clones and normal types themselves.

I don't really think it would be THAT bad. they are unSTAB'd normal type moves, so the coverage provided is pretty crummy at best. really, there is not a whole lot that could EVER take advantage of those moves are the starters hyper beam clones and normal types themselves.
I'm gonna say 'no' to this change, I wouldn't want to burden making the script longer than it is, but at the same time Aerialate Mega-Pinsir Giga Impact exists as well as Pixilate Mega-Gardevoir Hyper Beam, which would have devestating effects should they be able to repeat the move.

Don't get too banhappy. These buffs make its place in the metagame more favourable but do they make him broken or overpowered? It looks to me that its support options will become much more relevant which is a good thing.

canno

formerly The Reptile
People are worried about Zard-Y? I'm more spooked about TTar + Excadrill now that sand lasts a really long time. Hell TTar can easily run Smooth Stone unlike Zard Y for ever more drill la drill

People are worried about Zard-Y? I'm more spooked about TTar + Excadrill now that sand lasts a really long time. Hell TTar can easily run Smooth Stone unlike Zard Y for ever more drill la drill
Admittedly, Zard Y wrecks Excadrill but yeah, this is why I put Excadrill as a possible suspect, considering it was banned in Gen 5 for this very reason.

This is a pretty big pool of abusers if you ask me. Venusaur, Blastoise, Infernape, Empoleon, Greninja and the likes definitely enjoy their respective clone, not to mention Charizard Y under the sun. About the classic Hyper Beam and Giga Impact they can be abused by the likes of Diggersby, Porygon2/Z, Heliolisk and Stoutland, not to mention the forgotten Hyper Beam variant, Rock Wrecker, which allows Rhyperior to completely wreck house under Trick Room

252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 234-277 (77.7 - 92%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 253-300 (71.4 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I see Bronzong as a really antimeta poke because he can easily set up TR and counter Excadrill (unless random Shadow Claw) and can also set up screens to support his team even more. Anyways I don't see much activity here so when is this getting coded? And if it is can I battle with someone?

I see Bronzong as a really antimeta poke because he can easily set up TR and counter Excadrill (unless random Shadow Claw) and can also set up screens to support his team even more. Anyways I don't see much activity here so when is this getting coded? And if it is can I battle with someone?
>Bronzong
>Countering Mold Breaker Excadrill
Edit: Ohh, you're talking about Sand Rush variants.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I see Bronzong as a really antimeta poke because he can easily set up TR and check Excadrill and can also set up screens to support his team even more. Anyways I don't see much activity here so when is this getting coded? And if it is can I battle with someone?
Fixed. If you can't wall every set you don't counter something, but since you wall sand rush/force variants it's more of a check.

Well, we have a code ready. All we need is for someone to host it on their server.
I wouldn't mind battling you either.

Oh, and in a metagame where Trick Room is meta, I doubt you could call Bronzong anti-meta.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)