The NU Open III - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the NU Open.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Don't make posts that just say contacted or activity. If you're making an activity post, explain why you deserve it.
  • Standard XY NU.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the NU ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
  • Post replays, they're fun to watch :D
  • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Swagger Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

Pairings:

The Unlucky one vs Mysteria
Masterclass vs The Goomy
tomibello vs Player-0
radianthero156 vs Meru
aim
vs FLCL
majaspic22 vs Can-Eh-Dian
scorpdestroyer vs coolking49
SongSing vs s_aman
TRC vs kingmidas
Koinzell vs Bazi
Orphic
vs The TurtleLord
Wepwn vs Magis4life
WhiteQueen vs Level 56
Afro Smash
vs Ruppy
Moonclawz vs Kiyo
Steve Angello
vs absdaddy
(Lord Ninjax vs FireMage) vs Spirit
NightFox vs Jirachee
d0nut vs Drum'N'Bass
(Bad Ass vs Sweep) vs Tesung
ZoroDark vs Metal Sonic
Versace Python Cased
vs Finchinator
Shaneghoul vs Calloflochie
Dat Blast vs cbt
Mael vs Kushalos
Davon
vs The Quasar
Draeden vs NotHyunation
Soulgazer vs Hill
toshimelonhead vs Tricking
Omfuga
vs Psychotic
Bluwing vs davidness
Mix vs Hakumen
srk1214 vs Sweet Jesus
malefic vs namehtmas
breh vs U-Turn Out
New Breed vs TewMew
(Caledrith vs Lowgock) vs Max Carvalho
potato14798 vs TheKFC
xzern vs Dallaren
DD. vs Gizmozian
BLOOD TOTEM
vs Alf'
Montsegur vs Ununhexium
Amarillo vs TheFourthChaser
the tribalt vs Faded
Iplaytennislol
vs Celever
Rob. vs AquajetBreloom
KratosMana
vs Sinclair
FinalFlash vs Zebraiken
Lolk vs blunder
BKC
vs trite
Ferb vs senable
Deej Dy
vs Cicada
Vileman vs King UU
gr8astard vs TheCanadianWifier
Bloo vs JirachiCelebiMew
Cristal vs M Dragon
atomicllamas
vs tennisace
Yagura vs chimpact
This Is Fearsome vs Aqua Mann
failsohard
vs Hollywood
(meeps vs Robert Alfons) vs IheartMagikarp
Nabooru vs GlassGlaceon
Ice Arrow vs Anty
Mega-Swampert vs Nas

Deadline:

Deadline for Extended Matches is Wednesday, September 17th at 11:59PM EST
Deadline for all matches is Monday, September 22nd at 11:59PM EST
Standings:

You can see the current standings for Grand Slam III here.

Highlight Matches:
aim vs FLCL
Versace Python Cased vs Finchinator
Omfuga vs Psychotic
FinalFlash vs Zebraiken
Bloo vs JirachiCelebiMew
atomicllamas vs tennisace

Thanks to Zracknel for contributing the artwork for the tournament!

Last edited:
aim vs FLCL

will flcl enact revenge for wcop? or will aim leave flcl at a r2 exit in his best slam tier. this is a pro matchup.

heaps of other cool matchups as well, exciting open.

radianthero156 vs Meru- I know they're both good at UU so Idk I just guessed
aim vs FLCL
WhiteQueen vs Level 56
Afro Smash vs Ruppy
Steve Angello vs absdaddy- absdaddy vs Afro smash in finals plz.
Versace Python Cased vs Finchinator- lol the age-old rivalry rooting for finch cuz fuck case but its NU...
Soulgazer vs Hill
Omfuga vs Psychotic- Why...?
New Breed vs TewMew- hit him with spdef virizion he has no chance bruh
KratosMana vs Sinclair
FinalFlash vs Zebraiken
Bloo vs JirachiCelebiMew
atomicllamas vs tennisace
Yagura vs chimpact - didn't chimp lose the coinflip in the last thread??????
(meeps vs Robert Alfons) vs IheartMagikarp

To note: The reason chimpact is here even though Pearl was given the coinflip win in the last page is cause it was pointed out to me that chimp won and I missed his post :)

lots of great matchups this round though, really looking forward to seeing them

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
will contact soon

aim vs FLCL - tough but I think he knows the tier a tad better
Versace Python Cased vs Finchinator - Cased plays NU more I think, plus he'll innovate n stuff
Soulgazer vs Hill - Soulgazer plays NU more
Omfuga vs Psychotic - Prinplup will prevail
FinalFlash vs Zebraiken - this one's tough too but I believe Zeb has this
gr8astard vs TheCanadianWifier - sorry Richard but if you narrate while battling again you won't be able to concentrate on praying for hax
Bloo vs JirachiCelebiMew
atomicllamas vs tennisace - cool matchup

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
confirming, ggs, he got lucky tho (not too bad tho)(call it revenge for nupl)

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
im gonna be honest, me and sweep scheduled and i forgot and i didn't show up. requesting a small extension and i'll get it done, otherwise i deserve the act loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)