Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

I've been lurking here for a while, but never posted anything yet. So here's a quick Libre Pikachu sprite I made. I realize TrainerSplash has a version too, but I didn't see it until I almost finished this one. I plan on working on the other Pikachus too.

Pikachu Libre colors from Layell. Based it off the official artwork pose. Needs work still especially on shading and stuff, but its what I've got so far.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form

I've been lurking here for a while, but never posted anything yet. So here's a quick Libre Pikachu sprite I made. I realize TrainerSplash has a version too, but I didn't see it until I almost finished this one. I plan on working on the other Pikachus too.

Pikachu Libre colors from Layell. Based it off the official artwork pose. Needs work still especially on shading and stuff, but its what I've got so far.
I like it. But I personally think the outlines are too soft an should be darker. I also don't think the sugimori pose would be good (remember the pokemon should be idling) however it would be good for a rare animation. Tail looks a little funky to me. The only real problem I have with it is that the sprite should be smaller to go with the other pikachu (remember size does matter in certain sprites)

I would also like to say that I helped with making some of the colors for Libre-chu.

So haven't done anything in a while so I just decided to sprite.

I checked the doc chart and noticed mega lopunny. Idk if anyone's working on one, but meh, I just made one.
I'm loving how your Mega Lopunny has turned up, but it's a bit too tall compared to regular Lopunny, I think. Since regular Lopunny is 62 pixels in height, I'd suggest trying to size Mega Lopunny down to around 70-75 pixels tall.

I'm loving how your Mega Lopunny has turned up, but it's a bit too tall compared to regular Lopunny, I think. Since regular Lopunny is 62 pixels in height, I'd suggest trying to size Mega Lopunny down to around 70-75 pixels tall.
Fixed it.

The new one is 76 pixels tall, if you didn't include the 'X' thing on its forehead. I also replaced/placed a few pixels in certain parts so that it would go along nicely.

Attachments

Fixed it.

The new one is 76 pixels tall, if you didn't include the 'X' thing on its forehead. I also replaced/placed a few pixels in certain parts so that it would go along nicely.
I think you need to shift it's right leg (the one on the ground) a little. BW style needs to look like it's in a pose it can hold, so the feet should be directly under the centre of mass. As it is, it looks like its either part way through hopping from leg to leg, or falling over backwards.

Anyway, I should probably work on Camerupt's back now I've got a good reference for it.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
So haven't done anything in a while so I just decided to sprite.

I checked the doc chart and noticed mega lopunny. Idk if anyone's working on one, but meh, I just made one.
Umm I was actually working on one for awhile. We actually thought to make the one leg up pose to be a rare animation. Mind if I make another pose for this used for normal animation?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some of us need to be reminded of scale.

Pikachu cosplays should be the size of regular Pikachu, seems fair right?

Mega Lopunny is 4 inches taller than its regular forme. Not some 4 feet sadly.

Salamence also has some weirdness on the appendage front, most importantly I'm not sure the tail is supposed to be under the wing like it currently is. Because the bottom of his mouth is now red I think mouth should be shut. This might save us on colours where the shiny will SURELY DESTROY US (having experience and seeing Mega Metagross), I do believe there are red plates on the legs. I also question how we will angle the back with that pose. Too many things right now that make me question that sprite.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WPS since you are at 16 colours I'd remove that highlight on the feet, since it seems rather pointless. Then perhaps add some darker black shading to account for the shadows all that extra fur may give. Good stuff though.

EDIT: Also yeah two feet taller, seems to be mostly hump, feel free to enlarge.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Ok, I couldn't keep my mind off this new mega lopunny it arms are in such an odd position and I think think it looks a little spineless. I also think it's really big even though it should just be a pixel or two taller. Now this is just opinionated and probably biased as I was making a mega lopunny too. The legs and arms are good but too small in my opinion.

Edit: I also think the ears could do some editing

I decided to make some cosmetic changes to Farriella's Mega Lopunny.

List of changes:
-Massively scaled down, both with height and width.
-The face was also majorly slimmed out, and I made it more representative of the B&W Lopunny face.
-The "X" symbol on its head has been re-positioned entirely.
-The arms are in a braced up position, taking inspiration from Brylark's sprite.
-Fixed some shading issues with the ears.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I just noticed when I posted the front sprite with back sprite of Libre, it was an older version of it. Ignore it until the next time I update it.

I saw that no-one had attempted the Rock-Star Pikachu Costume, so I thought I'd have a go.

I swear to god this thing has the worst detail to size ratio of anything known to man.

I should probably just kerdung the green colour, since there's no shade of green in existence that contrasts nicely against both that yellow and that black and I'd really like an extra shade of grey, but I don't feel like doing any more to this sprite until I have the soul of whoever designed this monstrosity as sacrifice.
their children's souls as well if you want a backsprite

Edit: TrainerSplash , I'm a little confused by what you mean? It is the same size as a standard pikachu, bar maybe a pixel because it's leaning forward, and it's not in the same pose either. It's not a radically different pose, but there's only so much you can do with a tiny bipedal thing with stubby limbs.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I saw that no-one had attempted the Rock-Star Pikachu Costume, so I thought I'd have a go.

I swear to god this thing has the worst detail to size ratio of anything known to man.

I should probably just kerdung the green colour, since there's no shade of green in existence that contrasts nicely against both that yellow and that black and I'd really like an extra shade of grey, but I don't feel like doing any more to this sprite until I have the soul of whoever designed this monstrosity as sacrifice.
their children's souls as well if you want a backsprite
Nicely done, but it really shouldn't be used off the actual pikachu sprite so it could have more custom poses. I have a full set of pikachu that still need to be done. The pikachu should be the same size as the other pikachu too (remember they are the exact same pikachu). The area could be lowered and not look like he's pretending to be an air plane with his hand up. If you want I could upload my base, but I have to tell it's not complete!

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Edit: TrainerSplash , I'm a little confused by what you mean? It is the same size as a standard pikachu, bar maybe a pixel because it's leaning forward, and it's not in the same pose either. It's not a radically different pose, but there's only so much you can do with a tiny bipedal thing with stubby limbs.
I'm saying that the height should be aroudn the same size as our other Pikachu (Libre and Belle) I noticed, at least with mine that our custom pikachu are a little taller as the normal pikachu. Along with the normal Pikachu sprite shouldn't be the base for any of the Cosplay Pikas. Layell and Princess have specifically not to use their bodies as are not supposed to be really customizable, so it's better to put it in a custom pose.

As for an actual cirtique on it, it looks great, but it's arms shouldn't be stretching up like it's pretending to be an airplane (airplanes have their arms our an open like the pikachu). The base yellow should be the same shade as My Libre and Princess' Belle Pikachu. I'd also remove that brightest yellow if it get's in the way of color limiting, switch it out with darker green.

If you want a most custmizable pose to work with, I'm working on one right now so once I'm finished with that part I can hand the rest onto you. Just remember to give credit if you edit my base - as I said I'll hand it over to you when finished.

Does that make mroe sense? I know I added more detail, but I couldn't make it any more less detailed without explaining everything xP

bergmite_is_cute.png

View attachment 26590

It's been a month since I've posted here; let's change that. I resized Sleet's Bergmite set, and aXl helped me out with the shading. Knowing me, I might do some smaller edits later on, but there it is. As for Avalugg, never fear as aXl has got a new set in the works because I violently forced asked him to do it.

I'm going to the library to do an entrepreneurship project, so I'll leave comments on others' work later. Whether or not I have something to say, I watch over this thread all the time, and it makes me happy that folks are interested in getting ORAS sprites filled out.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
bergmite_is_cute.png

View attachment 26590

It's been a month since I've posted here; let's change that. I resized Sleet's Bergmite set and aXl helped me out with the shading. Knowing me I might do some smaller edits later on but there it is. As for Avalugg, never fear as aXl has got a new set in the works because I violently forced asked him to do it.

I'm going to the library to do an entrepreneurship project, so I'll leave comments on others' work later. Whether or not I have something to say, I watch over this thread all the time and it makes me happy that folks are interested in getting ORAS sprites filled out. Keep up the work, you kids.
And I'll forever be that only "kid" only person in high school working on this sprite project.

But in all seriousness, the new bergmite looks nice. I want to say it looks cute but the pokemon itself is definitely not cute. But it looks pretty and smooth.

I would also like to note that the rare animation could have it jumping and opening its mouth.

I'm going to mini stream right now for about 2 hours. I WILL GET A PIKACHU DONE TODAY.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)