XY OU First OU Team

So this was the first OU team I ever made and I've found the team to do absolute wonders. I'm currently nearly 1400 and I find it to be quite lucky that I made such a solid team seeing that I'm not exactly the best at making teams, especially in the tier I play least.

Team features
-Hyper Offensive
-A sleeper
-A spinner
-Sandstorm based offensive
-Priority
-A U-turner
-A scarfer
-A mega

The team:
rmt1.jpg

Gamakichi (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Ice Beam
Shadow Sneak
Scald
Grass Knot

Greninja's role is very diverse and thus if you want to switch around moves be my guest. Greninja is max speed simply to outspeed and damage and threats to the team to ensure sweeps. I've switched around moves more than enough and this is what I've found works best for me. Under any circumstances keep ice beam because the team has a tremendous ice weakness and possible run extrasensory for Mega Venusaur.

rmt2.jpg

Snoof (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Mach Punch
Bullet Seed
Protect
Spore

Breloom's role is quite unique on the team. One game it may be a a sweeper, and another it may just be a sleeper with no other purpose. Regardless with powerful moves including priority Mach Punch it fits wonderfully. It's 99% of the time my lead for a very understandable reason, Spore, and if there's a grass type I still lead it to scout with protect so I can get a safe switch. It does wonders with T-Tar for the simply reason that T-Tar is meant to get up sand and assist Excadrill, or possibly sweep by itself if the time is right, and ensuring a safe switch is key. While I understand focus sash should be avoided in a sandstorm team, I find it to be insanely beneficial, and I simply try my best not to switch Breloom into sandstorm even though sometimes you must.
rmt3.jpg

Gayfish (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
Fire Fang
Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge

What once was a revenge killing and spike stacking Deoxys-S has been replaced with the what I believe to be the superior Scarfchomp. Garchomp suffering from 4-move syndrome like Greninja means it's all up to you to run what is best and I would even recommend special due to the the team only having 1 special attacker, but this is the move set I've found to work best. Edgequake for sheer power, Outrage for a possible late game sweep, and Fire Fang for grass type coverage since grass types destroy the sand offense that makes this team what it is, though I have run Poison Jab and it did me wonders against fairies also. Simply pick what fits you.
rmt4.png

Where da bitches (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
Dragon Dance
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Power, Pursuit, and Sand; the three reasons why Mega Tyranitar makes this a truly powerful team. Pursuit again puts holes in the enemies team where a wall would once stand preventing the sweep you oh so badly want, and then the Dragon Dance just in case the rest of your team just isn't capable of the job. Why wait for Excadrill to get in when T-Tar can do it himself? I usually am less aggressive with my T-Tar usually using it as a pivot to get up sand and switch/die to an incoming attack that would normally ruin a more important sweeper on the team ie; Excadrill, Greninja, Talonflame etc;
rmt5.jpg

Resetti (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Iron Head
Rapid Spin
Rock Slide
This is the sheer reason the team was made. Sand Rush Excadrill, a.k.a. power. Sand Rush Excadrill can sweep through teams with the sand up but it also works as a spinner allowing unnecessary hazards to be disposed of on others such as Talonflame where rocks could possibly even ruin its sweeping potential. Whether it be just a spinner in your eyes or the star of the show, Excadrill fits perfectly and definitely packs a punch.
rmt6.jpg

Unoriginal (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-turn
Aerial Ace

Yes, the OG Banded Talonflame. The simple things like Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, and U-turn are regulars on Talonflame, but this Talonflame needed to be viable on a sand team. Aerial Ace provides provides a powerful flying move without recoil since sand may already be chipping down your health and with a status condition causing Talonflame to lose health even faster, a non-recoil move with priority is great. Jolly may seem odd considering Talonflame already have a high speed stat and priority, but Jolly allows you to outspeed other max speed Adamant Talonflame and speed is the key to this team winning

So there's the team everybody. Tell me what you think and anything corrected will be in red. Thank you for reading and contributing and I hope you enjoy the team.

Last edited:
Change Grass knot to hp fire on ninja and shadow sneak to Extrasensorys. You were right about your ice weakness. I would change Scarf Chomp to ferrothorn as it walls most of the relevant ice mons in OU. Lastly, I would change Pursuit to ice punch on tyranitar and protect to rock tomb in breloom. GL battling!

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Rocky helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Impish
Evs: 252 Hp 88 Def 168 Spdef
- Gyro ball/Power whip
- leech seed
- protect/spikes/curse<(Only if real :p)
- Stealth rock

Change Grass knot to hp fire on ninja and shadow sneak to Extrasensorys. You were right about your ice weakness. I would change Scarf Chomp to ferrothorn as it walls most of the relevant ice mons in OU. Lastly, I would change Pursuit to ice punch on tyranitar and protect to rock tomb in breloom. GL battling!

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Rocky helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Impish
Evs: 252 Hp 88 Def 168 Spdef
- Gyro ball/Power whip
- leech seed
- protect/spikes/curse<(Only if real :p)
- Stealth rock
Thanks for the help on Greninja, I just changed it and I'll update if I like the results.
Scarfchomp being changed for Ferrothorn somewhat changes the dynamic since the team is hyper offensive but I'll try it out and see how it goes. Thanks for the help.
Also I can't exactly change Grass Knot due to my water weakness and Azumarill somewhat wrecking my team so I switched out Shadow Sneak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)