The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Except for most of the game the Indy run game was WORKING. I agree T-Rich shouldn't be getting touches either but it was working up until the 4th qtr.

Then adapt to the situation and make adjustments like the Philly defense and coaching did in the 2nd half. I have no problem with running, especially with Bradshaw, whom I think is an underrated RB when healthy, but the Colts aren't this power-running team Hamilton and Pagano keep trying to make them. They clearly don't have the personnel for it and for every instance we can name of the Colts run game actually having success, there's plenty of times where we've seen it hasn't and Luck has to bail the offense out.

Unfortunately, the problem with Bradshaw is, he can and should start for the Colts, but he's proven time and time again he can't handle the workload a starting RB should. That doesn't mean you go and give T-Rich 22 touches. The coaching staff seems enamored with him, or afraid to admit upper management fucked up in trading for him, or just plain stupid.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Remember when the Bucs were all the talking heads' sexy playoff sleeper pick at the beginning of the season? Good times.
I feel like I was one of the few that secretly knew the Bucs were still gonna suck. It comes with being a fan of the team. You just have that intuition. The pre-season only helped to cement those feelings.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I feel like I was one of the few that secretly knew the Bucs were still gonna suck. It comes with being a fan of the team. You just have that intuition. The pre-season only helped to cement those feelings.
Honestly I just didn't pay that much attention so I had no reason to believe the Bucs were going to become a good team, since I don't recall hearing any outstanding news that would've made them go from bad to good. And it's not like they're Atlanta or Houston, who were supposed to be good last year and somehow managed to not be. The Bucs aren't bouncing back from a bad season, they're just not very good in the first place. I never understood the quiet hype.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Honestly I just didn't pay that much attention so I had no reason to believe the Bucs were going to become a good team, since I don't recall hearing any outstanding news that would've made them go from bad to good. And it's not like they're Atlanta or Houston, who were supposed to be good last year and somehow managed to not be. The Bucs aren't bouncing back from a bad season, they're just not very good in the first place. I never understood the quiet hype.
I never understood the hype, either. We lost many valuable pieces to our O-Line that we never fixed, and we essentially went one-for-one when patching up our secondary.We gained some nice people to pump up our receiving core, but nothing that screams playoff contender. Oh well, it's just another one of those seasons.

Some people thought that Josh McCown was the reason the Bears offense was so successful, rather than Jeffery/Marshall, and that Evans/VJax could replicate that along with an underrated defense adding a defensive-minded coach.

The O-line hasn't meshed, McCown has looked like a QB with barely more starts in his career than candles on his birthday cake, Martin is either bad or hurt all the time (or both), and the defense/O-line have had injuries. On paper, this is a very good team, but in practice literally nothing has gone perfectly right for the Bucs to become a very good team.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...gordon-pleads-guilty-to-dwi-in-north-carolina

wtf are you serious? Guess he really doesn't want to play football ever again haha
I think one reason he pled guilty was because he pled guilty before the new drug policy was passed (by literal hours, I may add), That way he doesn't have to risk a trial that would occur afterwards. It's possible he avoids an additional suspension from this, if I understand the policy correctly. He could probably pleaded down to a lesser charge since he only blew a .09.

What horrible luck btw, blowing .09 when the legal limit is .08 and having 16 ng/mL of marijuana (which is an idiotically low limit, but I digress) in your body when the NFL's limit is 15. Not trying to defend idiocy, but that's just shitty luck.

EDIT: Adrian Peterson suspended. Good on the Vikings for fixing the poor decision to reinstate him.

Last edited:
I agree with that list. Especially with Peyton not being in there. This has been one of the worst starts ever for Peyton and he has played like crap so far. The entire broncos team is a mess so far. Coming off of last season, I knew there was no way he was going to put up those numbers but the drop is crazy.

The only one I don't agree with there is Kapp. The dude wasn't doing anything against the cowboys. It wasn't his fault but that game doesn't make up for the game against the bears.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I am sorry half of that is a troll list. Drew brees? Also ik manning has been bad by his standards but to say eli manning and the rams no-name are playing better overall is a complete joke.

I don't understand why you guys are acting like this is some subjective list. 2 weeks of the NFL season have passed. Some QBs have overperformed. Some have underperfomed. At this point in the season, those scores are accurate based on their statistics. It's a simple objective list after 2 weeks. Does anybody care about standings or stats after 2 weeks? Not really.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
they literally abbreviated Houston as "HST" instead of HOU

And Justin it's not an objective list based solely on current season stats, otherwise Manning (the good one) would be easy #1 with his 6:0 TD:INT ratio and top five everything-else. It's proprietary sekrit formulaz at least, if not also blatantly subjective shit like "lel tannehill got robbed of too many yards by his shitty WRs".

Last edited:
That's pretty objective. When your receivers are dropping balls that go directly through their hands, what else is the QB supposed to do? Denver easily has a top 3 receiving corps, so that is why Manning gets less of a bonus than other QBs that are working with less.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Isn't the definition of "drop" a bit subjective in itself? I mean obviously if it hits a guy in the hands that's a drop but what about fingertips and one handers? The more borderline situations could be being counted as "drops". Obviously we don't know how they are defining it at PFF but there's room for variation there. Ultimately Justin is right though, we shouldn't even be giving a rat's ass about QB rankings in Week 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)