Other OU Teambuilding Competition V3 - Round 10 (Teambuilding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The winner of round 8 is Jukain. I will update the OP adding the last two winners now. I thought I'd do something different this round. This time, there will be no set core. You may use what you like (Pls no troll sets). I'm doing this for few reasons;

• I figured this could get a more variety of people to start building teams for this competition instead of the usual 6-7 people that do.
  • I'm a lazy bum and didn't feel like coming up with a core, also I wanted to get this competition back on track since I haven't been keeping it updated as I should due to irl situations.
Teams are due September 16th at 11:59 PM EST. Voting starts right after (of course I'm going to make my usual post anyway letting you guys know)

ayy lmao (Terrakion) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

ayy lmao (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

ayy lmao (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

ayy lmao (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower

ayy lmao (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

ayy lmao (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

So when i built this team i looked way back in BW. Draco Meteor Garchomp+Sub Swords Dance Terrakion. Garchomp fucks up every single one of its counters with Draco Meteor, and Terrakion cleans up. It also fucks up Gyarados counters, Azumarill counters, and Latias counters. Terrakion and Gyarados form a frighteningly efficient cleaning core, cleaning up after Garchomp. Thundurus+Azumarill because what offense doesn't have them?

Here's a team I've been having a lot of fun with recently:

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Toxic

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf/Scald
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

The idea for this team came about when I was experimenting with sand offense. I really liked the idea of excadrill sweeping teams/wrecking offense, however, I always had trouble actually making it work. It seemed to me that the drill was beat by too many common mons.(landorus t, rotom-w, ferrothorn, gliscor, slowbro, skarm, etc..., not to mention it could be revenged by priority from arguably the best mon in the meta, azumarill) Because of this, I came up with the idea to use a different weather abuser who wasn't nearly as easy to switch into, choice specs kingdra. Kingdra has incredible wallbreaking abilities, being able to 2hko almost the whole tier, and under rain it has a field day versus offense. I usually use surf and d pulse, because scald burns aren't really necessary on a mon that primarily aims to kill rather than cripple, and draco ends kingdra's sweep and provides setup oppurtunities.(there are definately moments I wish I had draco though) Politoed was a necessary partner of course. I experimented with both physically and specially defensive spreads, finally settling on physical defense, mainly to be able to better handle azumarill. I chose terrakion as my rocker because it works nicely as a momentum grabber early game and beats so many common leads.(Of course I don't have to lead with it, but I usually do) Next I wanted a breaker. Kingdra can beat most balance/stall cores, but it does struggle somewhat with certain walls like chansey; bulky grasses like ferrothorn, amoonguss, and venusaur; and bulky waters to an extent, especially the uncommon gastrodon.(which walls it completely) Mega Heracross gets free switch-ins to all of these mons(not to mention they are fairly easy to predict and I can often double into them), and my opponent is forced to either sac a mon or have something take heavy damage. The next member is scarf landorus t, which performs so many important roles for this team. It checks set up sweepers such as pinsir and char x, which are always problematic for offense, as well as a plethora of other physical attackers such as the ever common excadrill. It also provides u turn, which allows me to get switches into hera, toed, or kingdra more easily, as they are sometimes difficult to bring in. For the final member, I elected for latios. Latios is nice because it checks special attackers that would otherwise run through this team, such as keldeo and char y. Recover allows it to keep its longevity up and consistenly check those threats, and hp fighting(I'm a noob, ik) can get surprise kos on ttar, which is otherwise a huge annoyance for this team. Latios also baits in heatran, which lets me get into toed and kingdra more easily. One thing to note is that I'm not running defog atm. I certainly have considered it, but I find that this team usually aims to keep up momentum, and often prefers to play with rocks on both sides of the field rather than with no rocks. Spikes haven't bothered me too much yet, but they could be a problem.(spikes chesnaught would be really hard to deal with, but I haven't seen it much)

So yeah, that's the team. I'm pretty pleased with it because it's able to matchup well against common offense and balance teams alike through the combination of kingdra and heracross. As for other unmentioned threats, bulky scizor is kind of a nuisance to deal with, as politoed and lando can't really switch into it, and it can be quite a threat if it sets up on lati. Kingdra is just so strong though, and it can often break through its "counters" with an extremely powerful hydro. Didn't mean for this post to be so long lol, sorry 'bout that.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro in Rain: 213-252 (54 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Ferrothorn in Rain: 145-171 (41.1 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew in Rain: 294-346 (72.7 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Yeah, my name is no switchins

Attachments

Last edited:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Roost
- Solar Beam

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 220 Def / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald
- Hydro Pump

Mega Charizard Y has been a top threat since the inception of XY OU for good reason, it's an insanely strong Special Attacker with an ability that increases the strength of its Fire type STABs. It has excellent coverage with Fire Blast, Solarbeam, and Focus Blast, which only makes it an even deadlier threat. The only Pokemon that can switch into its attacks is Latios, Latias, Chansey, Goodra, bulky Mega Charizard X, and specially defensive Dragonite. I decided to build a team that could eliminate / break down these threats in preparation for a Mega Charizard Y sweep. Because of Mega Charizard Y's crippling Stealth Rock weakness I needed to pair it with a hazard remover. Latias is one of the best Defoggers available because of its Speed, decent bulk, and useful resistances. It also has access to one of the best supporting moves in the game which is Healing Wish. The ability to fully heal a teammate can prove handy in some situations and can give Mega Charizard Y a new lease on life should it ever get weakened to a point where it can't enter without being KOed by Stealth Rock or an attack. I decided to pair Char Y with some more firepower so I added Choice Specs Keldeo. There's nothing I can really say about this thing that you don't know already, it's just a strong Pokemon with exceptional offensive / defensive typing. Keldeo benefits from Char Y's knack for destroying bulky Grass types that hinder it. While Charizard Y appreciates Keldeo's ability to beat Heatran and weaken opposing teams. From here I added Landorus-T to check physical threats while attacking as a bulky pivot. It's such a great mon' right now and really fit this team perfectly. From here I chose Bisharp because it traps Latios / Latias, and makes it alot easier for Keldeo and Mega Charizard Y to break down opposing teams. You could easily fit Tyranitar here, but then CM Clefable would become a problem and I didn't want to deal with that. The last addition to the team was Assault Vest Azumarill. I chose an Assault Vest because it checks Greninja, who can be a huge nuisance for the team if left unchecked. Sure Char-Y can live a Hydro, but it takes a huge amount of damage and is not worth it. It's also the perfect Mega Venusaur lure and you can always Dswitch to Char-Y should the opponent have a Mega Venusaur (And if Rocks aren't up). I'm sure there's things I missed but overall the team is decent.

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

I decided to use classic birdspam for this one, obviously composed of Mega Pinsir and Talonflame. Honestly, this team has gone through a ton of changes to make it what it is now, with many suggestions I've received and taken into account, but besides that, let's get to the process. Anti-Stealth Rock support was obviously required to keep this core alive and well. Back when I first began making this team, Latias was the mon for the job. It also served as a great Thundurus-I check, who easily dismantles this core. It could also somewhat handle Mega Manectric, dealing major damage with Draco Meteor. Latias was then replaced by her brother Latios, as suggested by Nog, who took a look at my team and made it what it is now. Big thanks for his suggestions. Anyways, Stealth Rock support of my own was also needed for breaking sashes and nabbing easier KOs. Landorus-T was given this role, whom was later replaced by Garchomp, also thanks to Nog. It also serves as a secondary Heatran check, alongside Keldeo. Next, I decided that a pivot/Mega Pinsir check was needed, and there was Rotom-W, but soon replaced by Magnezone who could also trap problematic Steel-types like Ferrothorn and the like. Big thanks to Nog once again for this suggestion. I believe that's it. A really fun team to use all in all.

Absol @ Absolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

This is just a fun team with Mega Absol, who seems to have a small niche in the metagame, with its good speed tier, priority Sucker Punch, movepool and Magic Bounce, which is occasionally useful for blocking status. I prefer Ice Beam over Fire Blast, as Fire Blast doesn't give as much coverage, it can miss, and Scizor can Bullet Punch you. Superpower is primarily for Bisharp. The rest of the sets are very standard, and are covering for Mega Absol's weaknesses. SD Talonflame is a win condition, although Landorus-T and Mega Absol can both clean up against the right sort of teams, while Slowbro and Ferrothorn are a good defensive core. It's possible to change a few of the moves around, and use Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn, use Toxic over Thunder Wave on Slowbro, and so on. Adamant is used over Jolly on Scarfed Landorus-T for maximum power, as it brings annoyances like Mega Medicham and Mega Gardevoir in OHKO range of Earthquake, and helps take down Clefable, has a guaranteed OHKO on Greninja after one round of Life Orb recoil, and so on.

Last edited:
shoutouts to MrAldo for helpin out :]]]]]

victoria justice (Victini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Power-Up Punch

whourse (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump

aaaaiiiiddddssss (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

joey (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

miror b (Clefable) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled

. (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

warning: this team went through a ton of changes. using pics so its easier to keep up with

i wanted to try substitute + power-up punch victini, as i heard some good stuff about it. i was aiming for a more balanced team.

scarf keldeo was a natural teammate - revenge kills gyara, zard, ninja etc while threatening bulky grounds with water stab, also lures in ferrothorn for victini to set up on when locked into water stab/hp elec

i wanted to go with defog m-sciz because of its ability to beat stuff like azumarill.

rhyperior was added for being such a great birdspam check. also had the bonus of being a zard x check, which was really nice. sets rocks too

we then considered amoonguss as it was able to check keldeo and azumarill, two prevalent threats, among a few other things. m-scizor was kind of redundant at this point so we replaced it with latias for a second keld counter as well as defog. also had some good defensive synergy with rhyperior.

amoonguss was a little too passive for my taste so we added offensive mega venusaur, which still took on the two aforementioned threats with a much larger offensive presence.

kyurem-b was added as it could do some work vs stall, as well as acting as a greninja check.

kyurem-b wasn't really working out well for my taste, and we were weak to lati, so we replaced kyurem-b with clefable. stored clef let me beat crocune most of the time. this was the finalized team for a while.

i realized that once mega pinsir got to +2 rhyperior became a really shaky check to it. i also felt that latias could've been replaced. i wasn't a fan of zapdos and didn't really want to resort to it, and the team was also wrecked by sand. but i ended up going with shed shell skarmory to counter mpinsir and landt to handle talonflame and zard x.

edit: might as well add some threats to this team. gengar is extremely annoying, you kinda have to rely on keldeo revenging it. mgarde is annoying should tini be weakened, but keep up offensive pressure and you should be fine. keld can also revenge

Last edited:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shoutout ben gay for the ladder peaks, also shoutout the metagame innovator CTC - I was using Scarf Ferro before he told me Ferro could be defensive
and shoutout the sidewalk for keeping me off the streets

This is a team I made originally for the Mawilite Suspect Ladder, revolving around Mienshao to scout items and beat common leads at the time (such as SashMamo, Breloom, SashChomp, or SR setters like Landorus-T and Ferro etc.), and Charizard-X which is probably the most broken Mega left in XY OU. HP Ice Mienshao and EQ Latios pushed significant damage on DD Zard-X's premier counters, Landorus-T and Heatran, opening the way for Zard-X to potentially sweep lategame. Additionally, the core of Mienshao / SpexKou / ScarfLando-T offered a fast VoltTurn chain that could easily break down the opponents checks with very little prediction and Stealth Rock support from one of the sturdiest SR setters in the game, Ferrothorn. The concept began as a fun team but the team did see some success as Ben Gay used it to peak #1 on the Mawilite Suspect Ladder, and was one of the teams he used to peak #1 more recently on the actual OU ladder, during the first cycle of the Smogon Ladder Tournament. Overall, a neat little offensive team focused on luring threats and keeping momentum to wear down the opponent, opening them up for almost any of the Pokemon to clean up lategame.
Dark Fantasy (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 88 HP / 216 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Outrage

Devil in a New Dress (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 32 HP / 232 Atk / 244 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

All of the Lights (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Psyshock

Lost in the World (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Hell of a Life (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Power (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Grass Knot

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Glaciate

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

This specific team I made is what got me into using weather teams (Especially Rain teams in UU). It was hella fun to play around with because I rekt souls. Anywho, the start the core off I started with Tyranitar and Excadrill, both of which, are quite self-explanatory. Set up sand, let Excadrill come in and do major damage to somethin, or maybe even clean sweep. After a LONG debate, I settled with "Brazilian Tyranitar" with Thunder Wave. Why exactly? I found that not having permanent Sand was a problem, so having Thunder Wave made it slightly more permanent, given they weren't with a cleric that annoys the literal hell out of this team (CHANSEY). I decided on Air Balloon Excadrill because having a way to dodge bullets from other Excadrill's was nice, and also gave me a way to beat LO Excadrill's around 80% of the time. Moving onto our third Pokemon which completes what I like to call "The Sand Core", Mega Venusaur really fits well into the third slot. Being a way to beat Keldeo, Azumarill, Rotom-W, Breloom, Conkeldurr gave more than a big enough niche onto my team. But offensive Mega Venusaur is a monster. From what I've seen it's upon the lesser used sets of M-Venusaur, despite how good it is at it's job. It beat almost every Pokemon that counters (or checks) TTar and Excadrill.

Moving out of the core, I added Greninja for wallbreaking and late-game cleaning without the sand. As I've said before, sand is a pretty unreliable way to completely win a game, so having a way to back it up is very helpful. Other than that Greninja is also used to check a majority of the top-tier threats. Right here gave me MASSIVE problems, originally I was thinking about using Keldeo as a way to check opposing Sand Teams and/or Mega Gyarados, however after testing I found Keldeo extremely redundant as it couldn't beat Mega Venusaur, which was a problem. I ended trying Talonflame to be another back-up late-game sweeper, but I found that using Excadrill to Earthquake and Iron Head was a lot more efficient than Rapid Spinning just for Talonflame (Who ended up dying from recoil anyway). Finally, I hit a stop point at Victini. Which may seem odd, but hear me out. Lure Victini is a jesus. Clicking Thunder on a predicted Keldeo is amazing, but it gets better when they try switching into something like Breloom just to get killed by a V-Create. It also beats Chansey 9/10 times, making it a fantastic wall-breaker. Oh yeah, Glaciate might seem weird but FBlast almost never KOs TTar (Not even P.Def..) and it allows Victini to play around Garchomp and such. Last but not least, we have Banded Dragonite, who either cleans up, or uses outrage to obliterate anything.

I thought I'd leave this open a little longer just in case for more entries. Alright, now this round for voting now begins. Voting ends next Wendsday, September 24th at 11:59 PM EST. I'll post my vote later. Too many gud teams

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
The Bravest Birds cause I've subtini is boss and everything else I've seen a million times before.

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

I decided to use classic birdspam for this one, obviously composed of Mega Pinsir and Talonflame. Honestly, this team has gone through a ton of changes to make it what it is now, with many suggestions I've received and taken into account, but besides that, let's get to the process. Anti-Stealth Rock support was obviously required to keep this core alive and well. Back when I first began making this team, Latias was the mon for the job. It also served as a great Thundurus-I check, who easily dismantles this core. It could also somewhat handle Mega Manectric, dealing major damage with Draco Meteor. Latias was then replaced by her brother Latios, as suggested by Nog, who took a look at my team and made it what it is now. Big thanks for his suggestions. Anyways, Stealth Rock support of my own was also needed for breaking sashes and nabbing easier KOs. Landorus-T was given this role, whom was later replaced by Garchomp, also thanks to Nog. It also serves as a secondary Heatran check, alongside Keldeo. Next, I decided that a pivot/Mega Pinsir check was needed, and there was Rotom-W, but soon replaced by Magnezone who could also trap problematic Steel-types like Ferrothorn and the like. Big thanks to Nog once again for this suggestion. I believe that's it. A really fun team to use all in all.
looks nice I think u forgot to give garchomp naive nature :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)