Noobmons(Playable on Aqua Server!)

(Approved by The Eevee General)
Playable at aqua.psim.us
Before I got into competitive battling, when I had my horribly EVd lv100 Samurott in Pokemon White, I logically made a conclusion in my head stating that if a type is super effective to another, it's resisted the other way around. For example, Ice is super effective against Flying, and therefore, resists Flying, but not vice versa(as in Flying being super effective against Ground). Also, a type must resist itself, like Fighting now resists Fighting. Basically take everything you know about resistances, throw them in the trash, and base them off weaknesses. Some examples of buffed types defensively:
  • Ice: Grass, Flying, Dragon, and Ground.
  • Rock: Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bug.
  • Fighting: Normal, Fighting, Rock, Steel, Ice, Dark. A great defensive typing.
  • Ground: Poison, Ground, Rock, Steel, Fire, and an immunity to Electric. Equally great for defense.
BANS:
Kyurem-Black and Ubers except Aegislash.
OU Clauses are in effect.
Suggestions and pokemon set suggestions appreciated.
The Noobmons Type Charts:
My type chart:
Type_Chart_Noobmons2.png

Other type charts:
ohgeedubs type chart:

Mulan15262s type chart:

Last edited:
Ice suddenly resists both Ice-Ground and Ground-Flying coverage, both of which were really good before.

Also, Fire already resisted all of those types in the OP.

True. Whenever I post the type chart theres always a flaw in it. ;_; Also, Ludicolo dual resists the famous EdgeQuake combo, and a new move combo has risen. PsyBlast(Psyshock/chic + Moonblast) now hits almost every mon at least neutrally. Bronzong might be popular to stop that combo in it's tracks.

I must be crazy/reading this wrong, but does water have no weaknesses?!
That's a mistake. It should be weak to Grass and Electric still. Also Grass isn't shown as resisting Grass, which it should.

Normal+Psychic coverage could be fairly good. The only Ghost type in OU is Gengar, who happens to be part Poison, thus taking neutral damage from Psychic. CM Meloetta FTW!

Also, no offense CrazyGuy, but you wrote the OP in a way that is a little hard to understand. I took the liberty of rewriting it, in a manner that is (hopefully) clearer and easier to understand.
(Approved by The Eevee General)

Before I got into competitive battling, when I had my horribly EV'd lv100 Samurott in Pokemon White, I had jumped to the conclusion that if one type is super effective to another, the first type also resists the other type, (i.e. "Because Ice is super effective against Flying, Ice must resist Flying"). I also thought that all types resisted themselves. That was back when I was a noob, and some of that horrible logic still costs me a few matches on Pokemon Showdown. This meta simply changes resistances, (but not weaknesses), so that match that sort of logic, allowing Pokemon who were previously held back by their poor type a chance to shine. Resistances that don't match with this logic are removed, immunities are unaffected. Some examples of buffed types defensively:
  • Ice: Ice, Grass, Flying, Dragon, and Ground.
  • Rock: Rock, Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bug.
BANS:
Kyurem-B (Too OP with it's improved typing), and Ubers(duh) so far.
OU Clauses are in effect.

Suggestions and Pokemon set suggestions appreciated.
The Noobmons Type Chart:
View attachment 26558
Ghost is SE against Psychic and I'm too lazy to spend an hour redoing the chart to fix that.

I removed Fire from the "examples of types buffed defensively" because Fire does resist all those types normally.

If you want I can remake the type chart as well.

EV

Banned deucer.
Fighting and Ground are dope. 6 resistances each.

Electric is not interacting with Flying correctly.

I keep rushing myself with making the chart xD I'll finish my homework (and paraphase Charizards rewritten OP) then reedit the type chart. I make the chart on Excel 2013, then copypaste a screenshot onto Paint then crop it to show the chart only, then save it as a png image. It takes a decent amount of time.

EV

Banned deucer.
I keep rushing myself with making the chart xD I'll finish my homework (and paraphase Charizards rewritten OP) then reedit the type chart. I make the chart on Excel 2013, then copypaste a screenshot onto Paint then crop it to show the chart only, then save it as a png image. It takes a decent amount of time.
Maybe you can color code the NE, SE, and NVE to make it easier to view? Or replace them with 0, X2, and X1/2.

That would be a good idea, but Excel, unfortunately, won't do that. Also, most seasoned battlers would know the type chart by heart, and only using weaknesses to determine resistances would be more simple even for noobs to the type chart, as this is one of the main points of this metagame idea, to simplify the type chart.

I think this type chart is correct, although I haven't double checked it yet:

html

My own thoughts:

dragon looks like ass offensively speaking, although it might be able to get away with it because of the high base power of its moves.

Water finally has something that can both switch in on it, and threaten it with super effective moves (electric). (grass types were always weak to the omnipresent ice beam carried by waters). Basically electrics got buffed all around.

Also any pokemon that rely on their dual stabs wall themselves, like Azu

edit: psychic is wrong, will change
edit2: changed and double checked

Last edited:

This is another type chart for this metagame that I think is accurate (I haven't had time to check yet) that also has the immunities, weaknesses, resists and neutral hits for each type added up. If you are wondering, I made it here.

Looking at it, it seems like Fighting and Ground will be the main defensive types here. Fighting has 6 resists and only 3 weaknesses, while Ground has 5 resists, an immunity, and 3 weaknesses.

Attachments

This is another type chart for this metagame that I think is accurate (I haven't had time to check yet) that also has the immunities, weaknesses, resists and neutral hits for each type added up. If you are wondering, I made it here.

Looking at it, it seems like Fighting and Ground will be the main defensive types here. Fighting has 6 resists and only 3 weaknesses, while Ground has 5 resists, an immunity, and 3 weaknesses.
Could I use this for the OP? You did it better than I did xD

EV

Banned deucer.
That would be a good idea, but Excel, unfortunately, won't do that. Also, most seasoned battlers would know the type chart by heart, and only using weaknesses to determine resistances would be more simple even for noobs to the type chart, as this is one of the main points of this metagame idea, to simplify the type chart.
That's odd. I've always used Excel to color code stuff like this. Anyway, I think you should add ohgeedubs chart too since it has merits for those who prefer the black/green/red color scheme.

In short: everything is ineffective against itself (This is phrased in an extremely confusing way in the OP), and any offensive effectiveness correlates to a defensive effectiveness, but not vice-versa.

I find it interesting how this meta makes most offensives types a lot better (eg Ice), but the way it does so, especially in conjunction with the universal self-resistance, pushes the meta away from offense on the whole.

Also, I'm not clear: is the "super effectives are not modified" thing simply meaning that no new ones are added, or is it meant to mean that this overrides the other rules? One interpretation would place Dragon and Ghost as still vulnerable to themselves, while the other would place them as both resisting themselves.

The OP says types resist themselves, and therefore, Ghost and Dragon resist themselves. Those are the only 2 weaknesses that are modified. Others are untouched, as no other types are weak to themselves.

Sorry to spam, but I found an interesting mon that can put halts to quite a few mons, such as the prevalent fighting, dragon, and ground types that dominate in coverage:

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick/Fake Out/Bullet Punch
- Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch/Substitute
This mon also doesn't wall itself, as Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt is neutral. Substitute may be used over the 2 Punches for no burns, but I like the super effective coverage. However, replace Fire Punch if you aren't that paranoid about it. Firstly, it's somewhat boosted bulk and newfound 4x resist to fighting helps it stop that in its tracks. Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt(Do Psycho Cut for the crits :3) nails almost all the fighting types except for scrafty, who may also be seeing use. Use High Jump Kick if the calculated power is the highest, and if its hits are neutral, such as when it's up against the bulky Mega Venusaur, as Fighting is now neutral vs Poison(but you'd be better off using Psycho Cut anyway). If you believe that HJK isn't that usable, go for Fake Out to break sashes, or Bullet punch to pick off faster, weakened threats. Bullet Punch might be used more often as Fairy coverage is important. I see Mega Medicham getting to about S rank for viability until checks and counters are thought out for it. Mega Medicham won't really need support, other than Heal Bell to clear up Willos, and anything else like Lunar Dance or Wish, which supports all mons. The EVs are mandatory to maximise its Attack and Speed, and that's about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)