ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megas would be fun but if the Regis could just get 1 single turn "you recovered 50% of your health" move I would be beaming.
(oh and also if regigigas could stop existing or at least stop pretending to be a regi... or even a legendary for that matter)

Last edited:
As for the Regis getting mega evolutions I just don't see it. Same goes for the birds, beasts, and whatever trio uxie azelf and mesprit are in. I just cannot picture them ever getting a mega evolution. Also, I think rayquaza's ability will give him some kind of immunity like kyogre and groudons, exactly what though, I cannot say.

Pokemon Special might have something to say about that...

Anyway, concerning Regigigas in Hoenn, at this point, I think the only thing standing in its way is the lore that states that Regigigas was placed in Sinnoh to keep it separate from the original trio, the lore which was created following Regigigas' introduction, and the lore that was abandoned (relatively) early on when that event placing the trio in Sinnoh was introduced for Platinum.

So yeah, the current trend is that whatever region the trio goes to, the master inevitably follows, and vice versa, and it's been that way for almost as long as the original lore has been in place. So it could go either way.

Anybody have thoughts on a possible mega slaking? I mean he would keep his ability, but he would still be a monster. He is a staple pokemon of hoenn, so I think it's plausible.

Anybody have thoughts on a possible mega slaking? I mean he would keep his ability, but he would still be a monster. He is a staple pokemon of hoenn, so I think it's plausible.
I've been thinking of something like this too. Well actually I was thinking of the fact that Archen is one of the best Pokemon in LC despite his terrible ability so maybe if Pokemon with bad abilities were buffed a bit more, they could still be good. Oops, let's skip over the competitive talk.

Uh, anyway, I'm totally for a Mega Slaking (at last, all the Slakoths in different balls that I have amassed may be appreciated!) but I think it pretty unlikely. Slaking wouldn't be Slaking if it changed at all, imo.

Air Lock already negates weather. The only way to make it better is to let Rayquaza still abuse weather boosted attacks and/or give immunities to them.
I meant make the weather clear, not simply negating the effects. Plus, new weather can be summoned, even while Air Lock is active. So, preventing Drought/Drizzle/Sand Stream/Snow Warning/Desolate Land/Primordial Sea from activating when they switch in on Mega/Primal Rayquaza is actually pretty good since they will have to switch out to reactivate their effects. And it would just match. And fix my major complaint about Air Lock (seriously, Game Freak? It's the same as Cloud Nine! And it doesn't make the weather clear!)

I think this falls under "baseless speculation."

As it is, I think it's a terrible idea. Giving Slaking a stat boost but not a new ability would not help it at all. Removing it's ability would instantly make it broken. Plus it's not even that iconic, so I don't think Game Freak would even consider this guy for a mega.

I could be wrong of course. Audino completely ruined my confidence in GF doing anything logical, but if they do have a Slaking, it'll either be really disappointing, or OP, and therefore a mega I'm guaranteed to dislike.

I wonder how powerful Mega Salamence will be...
Do any of you know when the stat leaks will be revealed (hope we can find out before the release)

Kairyu_Gen1 said:
I think this falls under "baseless speculation."
This thread is basically completely speculation. And I personally think that slaking has a decent chance at getting a mega because he is one of the more well known pokemon from the game. I mean your dad uses two of them(depending on what game). Also I don't think slaking could be anymore broken than primal groudon and kyorge are going to be, but that's competitive talk so Ima stop there....

This thread is basically completely speculation. And I personally think that slaking has a decent chance at getting a mega because he is one of the more well known pokemon from the game. I mean your dad uses two of them(depending on what game). Also I don't think slaking could be anymore broken than primal groudon and kyorge are going to be, but that's competitive talk so Ima stop there....
The second rule of this OI is

Only discuss released or announced aspects of the game
Now, we obviously aren't following this too strictly, hence the Rayquaza discussion, but that can easily be seen as a logical extension of Kyogre and Groudon's reveal, which is why it was allowed to carry out so far. Guessing Slaking's chances at a mega is nothing like that, so it is baseless speculation, while Rayquaza's had a rather obvious base.

And in case you weren't aware, Kyogre and Groudon are banned from things like VGC and Battle Frontier, so Game Freak couldn't care less how broken they are in that regard. Slaking is not, and will not be, so there is a 100% chance it will be balanced for VGC and a 0% chance they'll let it be broken, which is what would happen if they changed its ability. Since it'd be a waste of a mega with Truant, and we have no reason to believe they'll make a new ability for it, I give it one of the worst odds to obtain a mega with these games. This is of course guessing, because GF will do what it wants, but I say all that just to point out that there is no reason to discuss a Mega Slaking at this time whatsoever.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Megas would be fun but if the Regis could just get 1 single turn "you recovered 50% of your health" move I would be beaming.
(oh and also if regigigas could stop existing or at least stop pretending to be a regi... or even a legendary for that matter)
Hmm, maybe they could get Slack Off, I mean their statues, their not suppose to be moving a lot (and just cause it makes sense, give Snorlax Slack Off cause the guys deserves it as much as Slaking the lazy bum). Actually, being they don't have a Signature Move, how about giving them one that's a 50% healing move and maybe combine it with something else. Like Recover + Heal Bell? Or maybe Recover + Protect.

And Regigigias isn't technically a Regi, it's the Regi MASTER. Also I think all Regigigas needs is one move to make it viable: Shell Smash. Smell Smash pretty much negates the effects of Slow Start and since Regigigas is one giant clay monster I imagine it has a few layers of its outer shell it can smash away. Sure it loses some defense, but do remember that in 5 turns Regigigas will be getting yet another Shell Smash minus the defense decrease so really it's more of a mind game against your opponent. You pretty much put them against the timer as they now need to rush to defeat a fully operating Regigigas, their only saving grace is it having decreased defenses so they could possibly knock it out before Slow Start "wears off" and it gets "another" Shell Smash.

Pokemon Special might have something to say about that...
That's not a Mega Evolution, that's a Fusion. As soon as the DNA Splicer is able to combine 3 Pokemon (we still need to create the original dragon, we've only half finished it) then I'll be all on board wanting to make Zapmolcuno.

I've been thinking of something like this too. Well actually I was thinking of the fact that Archen is one of the best Pokemon in LC despite his terrible ability so maybe if Pokemon with bad abilities were buffed a bit more, they could still be good. Oops, let's skip over the competitive talk.

Uh, anyway, I'm totally for a Mega Slaking (at last, all the Slakoths in different balls that I have amassed may be appreciated!) but I think it pretty unlikely. Slaking wouldn't be Slaking if it changed at all, imo.
Hmm, how about an Ability that acts like Truant but a bit better? Maybe have a move which instead of makes M-Slaking skip it every turn it instead starts with -1 Accuracy and keeps going down a stage every turn until it finally misses, and when it does it needs to rest for a turn where its Accuracy is reset to -1 and it starts over again. Maybe still not that great, but I always looked at Slaking being a high risk, high reward Pokemon.

Plus it's not even that iconic, so I don't think Game Freak would even consider this guy for a mega.
Actually I think Slaking is iconic but not for the right reasons (well, except for being Norman's signature Pokemon, but after that the other reasons aren't so positive). Also at some point every fully evolved Pokemon will probably have one Mega Evolution.

Only discuss released or announced aspects of the game
Hmm, okay, getting off all this "baseless speculation", how about a fun topic to talk about: Secret Base Gyms?

So, what is your Gym going to be like? And remember, it doesn't have to be just types. For example, I'm personally going to make a "Psuedo Dragon" Gym. Mainly because I want to use Charizard, I thought it might be also a fun idea to gather and use the other Pokemon which seem like they would be part Dragon-type yet aren't: Charizard, Arbok, Gyarados, Lapras, Aerodactyl, Meganium, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Sceptile, Aggron, Seviper, Milotic, Tropius, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Yanmega, Scrafty, Archeops, Heliolisk, and Aurorus.

For those wondering about my reason, I have 4: Do they look like Dragons/Dinosaurs? Are they in the Dragon Egg Groups? Can they Mega Evolve into a part Dragon-type? Were they used by a Dragon-type Master in the main series games? If any fit one of this criteria, they're on the list for the sole exception of Yanmega because, well, it's a DRAGONfly. :P

Also I won't be cheap and use a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve one into a Dragon-type if it can, if I use any Mega Pokemon it would probably be Charizard Y.

Slaking's iconic? Lol who the fuck remembers slaking fondly

I wonder how powerful Mega Salamence will be...
Do any of you know when the stat leaks will be revealed (hope we can find out before the release)
We only got the stat leaks for XY when the games were accidentally released a week early iirc (and my friend annoying showed me all the leaks when I clearly asked her not to spoil me). So you'll have to make do with "Big defence boost" for now.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Each Gen has its own Darkhorses, and Slaking isn't one of them. On a popularity poll done by Dorkly (the only semi-sorta-kinda reliable one I could think of, found here -> http://www.dorkly.com/toplist/55753/the-greatest-generation-iii-pokemon-of-all-time-vote-now), it placed #53, while other possible candidates like Flygon and Milotic (the most obvious Mega candidates left IMO) placed #12 and #14 respectively with everything else above them getting or already have Megas (excluding Deoxys).

EDIT: Apparently there were 3 million votes for that poll, so if that isn't a good sample size I don't know what the fuck is.

EDIT 2: So Mawile's #50 on that poll, so I might be talking out of my ass or Game Freak does whatever the fuck they want.

Last edited:
^ So Rayquaza is No 1 on that poll eh (I would have picked Latios but whatever)? In which case GF have to do a Mega/Primal for it. It would be complete madness for them to give him nothing, especially with all that "secret of Mega evolution" hype and that they have a big rock next to it in the poster. Actually if you look carefully at it you will see blue, red and green light coming from it. My guess is that it contains the ruby, sapphire and jade orbs which allows each of the legendary Pokemon to go Primal.

I have no idea what they are going to do with Ray. My guess with Primal Groudon/Kyogre was almost exactly correct (only the switching out part I did not predict). Its got to be a Air Lock ability on steroids like Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. Fire and water immunity would make sense (although in game Ray still dies to ice beam/stone edge), but immunity to ice and rock as well would be beyond insane. It would be Gen 1 Mewtwo all over again...

My guess with Ray is that the super air lock will stop all weather and inflict damage on the weather setter, say 30-50%. Any Pokemon that tries to set up new weather fails and also loses health. That would make sense in terms of the game-play story as Ray shows up, turns off the extreme weather and punishes whoever tries to disrupt the weather again.

That's not a Mega Evolution, that's a Fusion. As soon as the DNA Splicer is able to combine 3 Pokemon (we still need to create the original dragon, we've only half finished it) then I'll be all on board wanting to make Zapmolcuno.
I am aware...that was Gen I, pre-Yellow as far as the Manga's concerned, and long before the 'weird' stuff actually started happening. That was meant to be wit, though. A joke. I can agree that Zaptrecuno would be interesting to own, though, and a nice shout out to Pokemon Special if they ever did use the DNA Splicers like that.

Last edited:
For secret base Gyms, I'm going to try
Greninja/Zororark/Hydreigon/Bisharp/Weavile?/Absol-Mega, probably not in that order for Zororark's Illusions. Ignore my sig. I'm thinking that if we can really design our secret bases like gyms, I'm going to make a blackout room. I don't think that's going to happen, though.

Secret Base Gym?
Whatever...
I just want a cozy one-room studio base that I can save my game in when I have nowhere else to be. The enhanced functionality of making a tiny gym is appreciated, but I wouldn't want a base to be packed with trainers and gimmicky traps.

Though, I might leave an EV-conscious Flying-type team for others to train with...

I'm more interested in building a base after seeing where the popular construction sites are.
~cuz, ya know, I don't wanna be quite in the downtown where there's a lot of traffic, but Im not sure which quiet neighborhood is the right fit~

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
EDIT 2: So Mawile's #50 on that poll, so I might be talking out of my ass or Game Freak does whatever the fuck they want.
Popularity, game balance, design potential. Those are the three possible reasons Game Freak would give a pokémon a Mega, they have said so already.

Besides, as reliable as Dorkly might be for the US audience, it doesn't account for the Japanese crowd, so it's certainly skewed.

I'd probably be more inclined to make theme teams rather than monotype teams for the secret base. Of course, the odd monotype challenge wouldn't be unwarranted.

As for Primal Ray's ability, a super Air Lock that incorporates Magic Guard would be my ideal ability, since Rayquaza is literally sealing the arena in a favorable atmosphere. Come up with a similar name like Endless Sky or something.

Popularity, game balance, design potential. Those are the three possible reasons Game Freak would give a pokémon a Mega, they have said so already.
Another, I think more likely, reason is that Mawile is a counterpart to Sableye, and Gamefreak loves Sableye. Sableye was one of the mascots of Pokemon Sunday and kept having cameo appearances in various movies. When Gamefreak was designing Mega Sableye, they probably remembered Mawile and saw potential.

and released it earlier? Maybe 'cos it was one of the "old fairies", but still bringing mega sableye after mawile's isn't acceptable.
I wouldn't be surprised if they had them both designed at the time and only released Mega-Mawile earlier to add to the "fairy train" that X/Y were promoting. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to want to keep one of Sableye and Mawile for the ORAS remakes.

Also, I don't remember who said this before, but it's highly likely that the megas we're getting in ORAS had already been designed by the time X/Y came out. GF often talks about how they start developing the next generation as soon as the pilot games of the current generation come out. They're known to work ahead.

I'd be shocked it we don't get a mega evolution for one of Milotic, Ludicolo, Shiftry or Tropius, they are all pretty much the stock under heralded pokemon that Nintendo seem to be focusing on and gen 3 introductions.

I'd be shocked it we don't get a mega evolution for one of Milotic, Ludicolo, Shiftry or Tropius, they are all pretty much the stock under heralded pokemon that Nintendo seem to be focusing on and gen 3 introductions.
Really? I see a lot more of Dusknoir and Slowking than Milotic in the trailers but alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)