Neopets... anyone?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Well, I'm not a frequent player, but I do occasionally log-on every 3 months or so.
I've been playing since the 90's and I think it's worth to log-on once or twice every 3 months.

I actually like the creativity of Neopet items. I like how they put jokes into it-- "Ice oven", "Randomly firing freeze ray", "small giant squid", etc. Oh, and some of the petpets are really cute.
=====================

Anyway... So... how many of you still have the correct password to your Neopets account?

What do you do with your account?

Is there a thing such as competitive battling in Neopets at all? And do you do it?
(I know there's Battlepedia with all the formulas and so, but I never found any strategy articles)

Or are you just a re-seller like I am?

Or do you just buy stocks and wait for money to come?

Do you collect any items?

I used to have a account. I think it probably got deleted somewhere when they upgraded stuff a long while back and due to inactivity.

I've actually created a grand total of three Neopet accounts and I can't login into any because I have always put in false details and have never been able to remember any of them. Back when I played Neopets I hunted avatars and tried to get my hands on anything rare.

we sometimes talk about neopets in #tf2 but we for the most part have stopped in the last month or so. After me getting banned 3 times in a month with no response from staff and not having the patience to actually play games for the sake of neopets rather than trophies. On the other hand I will be playing on the first of every month still just because I like trophies.

edit: current account; http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=downsmash

edit2: i don't really do anything i just play once a month and thats it n_n

breh

強いだね
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=deliman1234567890

I used to go on. When they started to really commercialize shit in around... 2009? I gave my account / pass to another kid that played NP (also the same kid that made me realize that evs are important and that ev training is not hard, later (earlier?) met him in VGC 2009 using Chatot + Garchomp oO) because I kinda didn't give a fuck anymore at that point. I have a huge amount of nostalgia for it but I remember practically nothing. NP was definitely part of what made me as socially awkward as I am today and provided a very natural transition into other parts of the internet. It's kinda funny that as NP died for me Pokemon began. I only wonder how long it'll take me to outgrow Pokemon in the same manner; I spent around six years on neopets and about five on mons so far (four on smogon).

Now that I think back about it more, I feel like NP kinda parodied a bunch of shit that I wasn't able to see at that point in time. I'm pretty sure there was a final fantasy parody (that I was terribad at) and I bet there were more games mimicking others.

Oh, and I have a fuckton of those stupid cards. Hoping to keep those as some silly antique for some weirdo kid looking for long-lost nostalgia.

Feel free to amuse yourself with the cringeworthiness of that account.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I used to play, ran a nice shop, had millions upons millions of NP because I invested in Hypno Helms (as they were called at the time), was a top Battledome battler. I quit way back in probably 2003-2004 because I bought a Greater Staff of the Earth Faerie from the Hidden Tower and it just straight-up disappeared, most ironically, when I attempted to deposit it into my safety deposit box and support refused to fix the problem. My account got banned a couple years later for selling NP, when I traded a few million to someone for a bunch of high-end runes on Diablo II ladder.

Cresselia~~

I used to play, ran a nice shop, had millions upons millions of NP because I invested in Hypno Helms (as they were called at the time), was a top Battledome battler. I quit way back in probably 2003-2004 because I bought a Greater Staff of the Earth Faerie from the Hidden Tower and it just straight-up disappeared, most ironically, when I attempted to deposit it into my safety deposit box and support refused to fix the problem. My account got banned a couple years later for selling NP, when I traded a few million to someone for a bunch of high-end runes on Diablo II ladder.
Oh dear... sorry to hear that.

I wonder where you find materials for battling at all?
Or did you just overwhelm the enemy by stats?

I really want to read up some strategies for neopets, preferably 2P.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have all my original accounts' passwords and I still play daily.

I took a hiatus until I graduated high school and came back to see they had introduced NeoCash. Aaaaaaaand suckered right in. Dressing up pets in sparkly wigs and dresses :afrostar:

I really love petpets, they're sooo adorable. My favorite species is Draik and I just got my ninth, trading for #10 in a couple days. idk I just can't detach from the site so I keep coming back, plus they've made it super easy to earn NP these days so I can accomplish my goals.

If anyone wants to talk Neo hit me up I have a problem and keep spending money on the site for my dragons x.x but they're so prettyyyyyyyyy I can link my accounts if people want to see. warning: girly outfits.

Cresselia~~

I have all my original accounts' passwords and I still play daily.

I took a hiatus until I graduated high school and came back to see they had introduced NeoCash. Aaaaaaaand suckered right in. Dressing up pets in sparkly wigs and dresses :afrostar:

I really love petpets, they're sooo adorable. My favorite species is Draik and I just got my ninth, trading for #10 in a couple days. idk I just can't detach from the site so I keep coming back, plus they've made it super easy to earn NP these days so I can accomplish my goals.

If anyone wants to talk Neo hit me up I have a problem and keep spending money on the site for my dragons x.x but they're so prettyyyyyyyyy I can link my accounts if people want to see. warning: girly outfits.
Oh, I love those cute petpets too. My favourite is Feloreena, a faerie one that looks like Mega Audino.

I have no problems with NeoCash neither, unlike some other people. If people wish to dress their Neopets, it's a nice option.
I keep coming back too.

I wanna see your account :D

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
o man i quit neopets a while back after a classmate stole all my stuff, but ive wanted to get back into it to try and get another fairy paint brush for an acara(?), but idk stuff was like drugs for me

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh, I love those cute petpets too. My favourite is Feloreena, a faerie one that looks like Mega Audino.

I have no problems with NeoCash neither, unlike some other people. If people wish to dress their Neopets, it's a nice option.
I keep coming back too.

I wanna see your account :D
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=leanoroha2 is my main, it has my sides/draiks linked on the lookup. sparkly pretty wigs n pets :3

my favorite petpets are Snowickle and Gallion, but Feloreenas totally do look like that lol. idk I just love cute little animals.

yeah idk I just love living vicariously through my pets, they can have rainbow long curled hair and it never tangles or dries out/frizzes and they can wear gorgeous sparkly over the top dresses and look totally normal within their world. they look so pretty ;~;

disregard banneta and fleurzy, they're not dressed yet - their outfits are on Rhyeli's petpage which is linked on my lookup but GBC haven't hit the mall for the month and I spent money on myself irl this month so I'm on a no luxuries stretch lol SO HARD TO DRESS WHEN NO NC

Cresselia~~

Wow! All those glorious Draiks sure look glorious.
I guess alike POkemon, it's the feeling of having all these unusual pets unavailable in real life, that makes people stick to it xD

Love pet dolphins (Flotsam)

o man i quit neopets a while back after a classmate stole all my stuff, but ive wanted to get back into it to try and get another fairy paint brush for an acara(?), but idk stuff was like drugs for me
Oh dear... all the hard work.

I think it's way easier to start now with Habitarium.
Till now, it's my main source of income if I don't get a codestone from the battledome.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Once you get to Level 50 in Habitarium, you can just leave it running everyday and drain lots of np from it.
I think the record is 170k nps per day, according to a guide.

Here's my account:
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=icyshell
I guess you haven't been paying much attention to the daily news. Neopets is going down for maintenance in a couple hours and won't be back until Friday. Afterward, Habitarium is going to be gone.

Cresselia~~

I guess you haven't been paying much attention to the daily news. Neopets is going down for maintenance in a couple hours and won't be back until Friday. Afterward, Habitarium is going to be gone.
Oh dear... I'll miss habitarium.
(Indeed, I rarely pay attention to general neopets news. I only check Battlepedia)

*Shrugs* back to the days of restocking and waiting for Battledome to drop valuable prizes, I guess?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)