Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Mains: Ludwig, Fox, Robin, Falco, Meta Knight, Dr Mario
Secondary: Greninja, Dark Pit, Bowser, Duck Hunt Dog, Toon Link, Villager, Roy

(Double post to seperate what I say from Sakurai)

Pic of the day. Here's a glimpse of StreetSmash. Make sure to set this up once you get the game. The more fighters you play against at once, the more loot you can earn.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And my 3DS decides now is the time to fail to connect to the internet...

I guess waiting another two days won't kill me

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
characters.png

Pretty much my brawl mains plus duck hunt doge although I want to give the bottom row characters a good try.

<24 hours until the demo is open for the public n_n

Pic of the day. We've improved the Fighter Records window to make it easier to browse through. I'm assuming you'll be building up your records fast once you start playing the game.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
http://smashboards.com/threads/vectoring-the-replacement-to-directional-influence-in-smash-4.368780/

There's been a big change to the way DI works in Smash 4. Now, instead of holding up or to the side to try and aim for the corner of the stage, you can now just hold in the opposite direction you're being launched to live longer.
Rofl, I used to do this anyway haha... Never even realised it was only now that it worked! :P

Man, Statssssss... Hnnnngggggg... I probably spent as much time in the stats screen for Melee/Brawl as I have done actually playing the game :)

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So after someone showed me the thread on vectoring, it makes perfect sense to me now. I was trying to wonder why holding up was actually killing me earlier when getting sent straight up, and DI itself just wasn't working. It's an odd mechanic, but I think I could get used to mindgaming with this.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm extremely happy that DI has been simplified from "mash directions to escape multi-hit" and all its other forms, but the smashforums people bring up a good point. This makes low percent combos very difficult to follow up, with a lot of reading required. It's not anything guaranteed anymore.

I'm extremely happy that DI has been simplified from "mash directions to escape multi-hit" and all its other forms, but the smashforums people bring up a good point. This makes low percent combos very difficult to follow up, with a lot of reading required. It's not anything guaranteed anymore.
There's that potential, but I don't think anyone's actually done testing to see how difficult different combos are to follow up with this new DI so far. My guess is that it likely won't be anything worse than combo DI from previous installments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)