Forme Freaks - Get Your Rotom On - UU and above open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Articuno is kind of intersting - it's trying to be a bulky attack that's pretty similar to Kyurem (bulky stats, high offense - they even have the same speed and ability which is cute). Ice/Electric is probably the best since it has a resistance to Flying, gives Articuno great coverage with its STABs, and doesn't have any 4x weakness, which is important because 90/130/140 bulk can definitely tank weaker super effective moves. If I were to choose anything else it'd probably be Ice/Poison due to its immunity to Poison. I know Ice/Steel is also a thing, but honestly I think Ice/Steel is worst than Ice/Poison. Ice/Steel essentially highlights all of Steel's downfalls and grants nothing useful to the typing - it somehow makes Steel a shitty type. Also Ice/Poison gets Toxic Spikes which is useful while Ice/Steel gets Iron Defense,w which is kind of lame. Honestly I think Flash Cannon would of been better, both for movepool and flavor-wise. Speaking of flavor - I don't get it. I thought it was mountainous / large structures like Mountains (duh) and Towers and Volcanos, but then you get to Thunderstorm (?) and Toxic (???), which don't fit any theme at all. Overall it's kind of interesting and Ice / Electric is probably the best one. Also they're all weak to Ground which is kind of cute and odd, considering that base Articuno is immune to Ground attacks :p

I'm a fan of Uxie's overall, especially Mathematic (Parabolic Charge on a form based off Math is fucking brilliant), although Symbolic is probably the overall best because Fairy-type and actually getting a recovery move. Scientific is also cool even with Metal Burst having no negative priority - if only this was Gen 5 ;p

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I'm gonna look at this from a stall perspective, since that's pretty much the only thing I know lel.

The pokemon that stand out the most to me are Uxie-Symbolic (Psychic/Fairy) and Uxie-Mathematic (Psychic/Electric)

Uxie-Symbolic is a great counter to Medicham-Mega, which is something we really need more of. It gets semi reliable recovery, but that's enough to get it by considering its impressive bulk.

Uxie-Mathematic is a counter to Pinsir-Mega. God I really hate that thing ;-; Lack of recovery is a bit problematic, but you can usually get by with a good wish passer like Chansey.

Uxie is a great mon overall too because it's a reliable rock setter, it has good coverage moves, and hast u-turn for pivoting. Parting Shot is cool, but I think Uxie-Partial would be a lot more powerful if it had taunt o.o

Last edited:
Yoink. Sorry Dry Paratroopa . I'm sure you would have wanted it this way anyway.

Illumise
- Bug (Oblivious/Tinted Lens/Prankster) ~ 65 / 47 / 55 / 73 / 75 / 85 : 400 total
  • Illumise-Green Light - Bug/Grass (Prankster) ~ 65 / 92 / 75 / 68 / 95 / 85 : 480 total; +Leech Seed
  • Illumise-Pink Light - Bug/Psychic (Prankster) ~ 65 / 92 / 75 / 68 / 95 / 85 : 480 total; +Psycho Shift
  • Illumise-Brown Light - Bug/Rock (Prankster) ~ 65 / 92 / 75 / 68 / 95 / 85 : 480 total; +Stealth Rock
  • Illumise-Gray Light - Bug/Steel (Prankster) ~ 65 / 92 / 75 / 68 / 95 / 85 : 480 total; +Shift Gear
  • Illumise-Black Light - Bug/Dark (Prankster) ~ 65 / 92 / 75 / 68 / 95 / 85 : 480 total; +Parting Shot
I'm going to start the discussion phase next with 4 Pokemon at a time, like Megas For All.
Man, this is what I get for not checking Smogon during the school week. While the stats and moves are fine, Illumise can't have its forms be differently-colored lights since it does not have a light. I would do something like Fresh/Deep/Moldy/Smoky/Nasty Scents.

Kyurem Red, Blue, Yellow, gold, and Silver would wreck everything with 20 more BST than Arceus, almost no matter how it's distributed. Just like how Megamence and Megagross will probably be Uber.
Just like MegaTar and MegaChomp are Uber, amirite?

Uxie-Mathematic is counter to Pinsir-Mega.
meets x-scissor

I think it's weird that Heatmor's forms all gain either status or a physical attack considering that its special attack is still superior to it's physical attack(for that matter for the purpose of buffing the fairy one those points would go better in defense or special defense).
Heatmor's forms are a mix of two bad defensive types(albeit good offensive types) two overall good types and a good defensive type. The type that can only be defensive gains an attack move while all of the others(other than fairy and rock) gain a useless move due only to being a bad spectrum for it than a bad move. Rock is one of the ones with a bad defensive type but gains a move that would help it better if it could survive common attacks. This makes heatmor-silky the only good one competitively while all of the others(not including base) have the potential to be good even though it isn't as good as it rightfully should be.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
meets x-scissor

I think it's weird that Heatmor's forms all gain either status or a physical attack considering that its special attack is still superior to it's physical attack(for that matter for the purpose of buffing the fairy one those points would go better in defense or special defense).
Heatmor's forms are a mix of two bad defensive types(albeit good offensive types) two overall good types and a good defensive type. The type that can only be defensive gains an attack move while all of the others(other than fairy and rock) gain a useless move due only to being a bad spectrum for it than a bad move. Rock is one of the ones with a bad defensive type but gains a move that would help it better if it could survive common attacks. This makes heatmor-silky the only good one competitively while all of the others(not including base) have the potential to be good even though it isn't as good as it rightfully should be.
pinsir doesn't run x-scissor -.-

Just like MegaTar and MegaChomp are Uber, amirite?
Ok i was exaggerating. but you'd ahev to screw it over really badly to not make it reach A OU. plus he would ahve way mroe BST than Mega Tar and Mega Chomp., the former of which had some points thrown away, the latter who lost his best perk, and now wallbreaks instead of sweeping.

Well here's my input:
Scientific Uxie gets a wasted move yay. that is too fast. Lingiustic is nice, Partial is really good, Symbolic is meehhh, and i think parabolic charge sucks. Unelss it's that onesthat heals you.
7/10

All the Druddigons are good. ALL OF THEM.
TropIOUs/10

White Smoke setup heatmor would ahve been cool. i don't want eh heatran thing repeating again where it gets an ability like that.... *sees collared* never mind...
5/10, but i jsut hate heatmor in general.

Articuno has too much defense for Iron defense, but ig uess it's justified with iceSteel being 4* weak to fighting, steel, and 2* to ground. since they are all common on the special side too, RIP in peace Wower. the flavor hets an 11/10 tho.
9/10.

Last edited:

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Druddigon
Lots of good stuff here, but I'm questioning the need for a Rock form. Its weaknesses are painful, and it's signature move Stone Edge is weaker than a Sheer Force-boosted Rock Slide (which Druddigon already learns) and is hampered by its legendarily awful accuracy. Rock Slide does gain STAB so that's pretty cool.

Uxie
I've always wanted this little pixie to shine. Moonlight is a brilliant choice since this tanky mon has never had instant recovery outside of Rest and it goes with the whole Fairy / Space alien thing (Ralts, Clefairy). Also a 4x resist to Fighting which is nice. Great stats all around and nice moves flavor-wise.

Articuno
My first legendary ever, so it's great seeing it with viable stats. Man, you never notice how bad Ice typing is defensively until you pair it with other things. Rock, Fire, and Steel pair awfully with it with 4x weaknesses galore. I'm not sure Mountain top forme is even worth using when there are so many other Pokemon that can lay Stealth Rock. I am a fan of Poison however, as Toxic Spikes allows it to do a better job supporting instead of just Pressure walling. That's probably the only forme I would use.

Heatmor
I want to like Collared forme since it has the same typing, ability, and similar stats to Heatran, but Metal Claw (and overall lack of Steel moves in its move pool) just doesn't do it for me. I'd suggest changing Metal Claw to Flash Cannon for a more powerful STAB move. Cannon forme is cute especially with STAB Rock Tomb (woohoo?) but honestly... I don't think there was much you could do to this Pokemon with the given restrictions on base stats and only one additional move. I feel for you bro, I did Stantler and Dedenne :-p

EV

Banned deucer.
Of the four, I think Heatmor needs the biggest face lift. Here's what I recommend.

00001111a , it looks like you leaned toward a physical alignment with your move distribution, but its highest attacking stat is still Special. I'm going to continue the physical trend with the moves and suggest a new distribution of stats.

Heatmor forme: (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total

I decided to skew its bulk and make it tankier on the physical side, while upping its Attack 20 poins from 97 to 117, thus giving it a reason to run those new moves. Instead of dropping its Speed, I took 5 out of Special Attack and upped Speed by 15. Essentially, I wanted to give Heatmor a better defined role.

I would also change a few of the formes' new attacks. For Collared, I think Meteor Mash is a better STAB attack. Metal Claw is too weak even with STAB and MM's 20% chance to raise Attack is superior to MC's 10%. For Cannon, I think Rock Blast fits better flavor-wise. Lastly, I'm tempted to drop Moonlight from Silky since it's the only remaining support move. The rest have attacks, so let's give Silky Play Rough instead of Moonlight.

Heatmor's not going to be a major threat even after my changes. Its strongest physical Fire STAB is only Fire Punch sadly. However, 100 Special Attack is not terrible for mixed sets, something regular Heatmor already did. The higher Attack also favors Sucker Punch, which it learns naturally, and its setup options with Hone Claws and Curse.
  • Heatmor-Giant - Fire/Fighting (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Drain Punch
  • Heatmor-Silky - Fire/Fairy (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Play Rough
  • Heatmor-Collared - Fire/Steel (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Meteor Mash
  • Heatmor-Cannon - Fire/Rock (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Rock Blast
  • Heatmor-Smelter - Fire/Ground (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Earthquake

Last edited:
Of the four, I think Heatmor needs the biggest face lift. Here's what I recommend.

00001111a , it looks like you leaned toward a physical alignment with your move distribution, but its highest attacking stat is still Special. I'm going to continue the physical trend with the moves and suggest a new distribution of stats.

Heatmor forme: (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total

I decided to skew its bulk and make it tankier on the physical side, while upping its Attack 20 poins from 97 to 117, thus giving it a reason to run those new moves. Instead of dropping its Speed, I took 5 out of Special Attack and upped Speed by 15. Essentially, I wanted to give Heatmor a better defined role.

I would also change a few of the formes' new attacks. For Collared, I think Meteor Mash is a better STAB attack. Metal Claw is too weak even with STAB and MM's 40% chance to raise Attack is far superior to MC's 10%. For Cannon, I think Rock Blast fits better flavor-wise. Lastly, I'm tempted to drop Moonlight from Silky since it's the only remaining support move. The rest have attacks, so let's give Silky Play Rough instead of Moonlight.

Heatmor's not going to be a major threat even after my changes. Its strongest physical Fire STAB is only Fire Punch sadly. However, 100 Special Attack is not terrible for mixed sets, something regular Heatmor already did. The higher Attack also favors Sucker Punch, which it learns naturally, and its setup options with Hone Claws and Curse.
  • Heatmor-Giant - Fire/Fighting (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Drain Punch
  • Heatmor-Silky - Fire/Fairy (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Play Rough
  • Heatmor-Collared - Fire/Steel (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Meteor Mash
  • Heatmor-Cannon - Fire/Rock (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Rock Blast
  • Heatmor-Smelter - Fire/Ground (Flash Fire) ~ 85/117/106/100/76/80 : 564 total, +Earthquake
That looks really good. not insane, but really good.

Also, if this became playable, would we be able to use any Pokemon, or jsut the formed ones? It's been on my mind for a while.

EV

Banned deucer.
That looks really good. not insane, but really good.

Also, if this became playable, would we be able to use any Pokemon, or jsut the formed ones? It's been on my mind for a while.
All Pokemon and the new formes would coexist together, albeit probably not peacefully. I can see a lot of toes getting stepped on with certain formes rising in prominence. But just you wait until we hit up the other single-stage Pokemon.

EV

Banned deucer.
hmu with my main Probopass
I have no idea what you mean.

OK folks, let's wrap up the discussion with these four. Should we change anything? Should we leave them alone? Is Uxie-Mathematics smarter than Alakazam?

I'll post the next four later today/tomorrow morning and start that spreadsheet I keep talking about...

I have no idea what you mean.

OK folks, let's wrap up the discussion with these four. Should we change anything? Should we leave them alone? Is Uxie-Mathematics smarter than Alakazam?

I'll post the next four later today/tomorrow morning and start that spreadsheet I keep talking about...
Didn't see that Probopass wasn't eligble :p.

Just gonna comment on a few things that jumped out at me...

Articuno-Thunderstorm has a nice STAB combo said Captain Obvious. It wouldn't mind a bit more speed to use it with, granted, but decent bulk means it can take some surprising hits (Haxorus' Earthquake doesn't quite secure the KO, even with 252+ Attack and a Choice Band) and retaliate with its good coverage (252+ Ice Beam KOs Haxorus right back, as well as Garchomp if you can land the hit on it).

Uxie-Symbolic is going to be interesting for defensive players. I mean, it's bulkier than Deoxys-D, has a Fairy type over it, and isn't an Uber. Dragon-types as a group are gonna be forced to run Steel and possibly even Poison coverage a lot more frequently for fear of Uxie-Symbolic, just to make sure it can't pop out, inflict status and ruin the fun. (It's sorta like Togekiss in a way, since it's immune to both of Garchomp's STABs and just sits on the field making the opponent miserable... xD)

Druddigon-Petrified eats birdspam teams alive - Talonflame needs to stack no less than four Bulk Ups to have a chance of beating Druddigon-Petrified with a Brave Bird before it gets obliterated through its +4 Defense by a Sheer Force Rock Slide. It can even work as an emergency check to Mega Pinsir, since fully invested in HP and Attack, Druddigon can survive any of Pinsir's common moves before it gets a boost and KO back with Rock Slide. All it needs is recovery... (I guess you could make Glare + Dragon Tail shuffling work as well, but that's kind of wasting an Attack stat that makes Haxorus nervous.)
Druddigon-Terra Cotta will also be a unique twist, since even Skarmory can't come in on it without dying to an Adamant Flare Blitz, no questions asked. Until we give Skarmory five formes, that is... Plus, its Flare Blitz does half to physically defensive Mega Venusaur, and that's counting Thick Fat. And its Earthquake does a minimum of % to Heatran after an untimely burn. This is going to be fun to use as a wallbreaker.

I would say something witty about Heatmor if it wasn't so late and if my brain was actually operating in a straight line. xD As it is, I'm just gonna say that I wouldn't fancy battling a Heatmor-Collared that's landed a few successful Meteor Mash boosts.

Anyways, yeah, this is gonna be awesome when we can play it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)