XY OU Pretty Successful OU Team

Hey smogon this is my first time posting a thread so bear with me. This is my team hope you like it :)

Azumarill: Adamant, Huge Power, 252HP/252Atk/4Spe @ Assault Vest
Moves : Play Rough
Knock Off
Aqua Jet
Waterfall

I like this set because not too many people run assault vest and a lot of people get surprised when they see an azumarill switch moves, knock off counters some walls that need their leftys, and destroys the annoying magic bounce espeon. With the bulk of this set i can survive a Charizard-Y solar beam, hit it with a waterfall, and then aqua jet for the kill in the sun it is one of my favorite pokemon to use.

Breloom: Jolly, Technician, 4HP/252Atk/252Spe Focus sash
Moves:
Mach Punch
Rock Tomb
Spore
Bullet Seed

Spore is a must have on breloom, i usually switch it in on something that doesn't want to take a mach punch and then get a free spore on the incoming poke, which allows you to get off a rock tomb on a faster sweeper, or take advantage of technician with your STAB bullet seed and mach punch. I cant count the number of times I've gotten someone to switch to their talonflame, spore it and then 1HKO it with rock tomb.

Clefable: Calm, Magic Guard, 252HP/252SpD/4SpA Leftovers
Moves:
Moonlight
Moonblast
Thunderwave
Cosmic Power
Clefable. What can i say she's the star of my team, taking hits all day and paralyzing everything. Magic guard is the whole reason i love her so much, Destiny bond won't even take this monster down no burns, no poisons, leech seed won't work either. She is what brings all of my teams together.

Dragonite: Jolly, Multiscale, 4HP/252Atk/252Spe WeaKness Policy
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw

Fire Punch
Earthquake
Not much to explain here dragonite D-Dances gets hit by a super effective move and then he is all set up to sweep pretty easily.

Excadrill: Adamant, Mold Breaker, 252HP/252Atk/4SpD Air Balloon
Moves: Rapid Spin
Iron Head
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide

I mainly use him as my lead to set up the stealth rocks and rapid spin away opponents leads, Iron Head is a good stab move with the chance of flinching, i run rock slide because dragonite has earthquake and i like to be able to hit birds with rocks.

Manectric: Timid, LightningRod>Intimidate, 252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
Moves:
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Flamethrower
Last but certainly not least is my mega manectric i switch him into physical threats, or lead with him and use volt switch to scout opponents if necessary, Hidden power ice is a 1HKO on the super annoying Gliscor, Thunderbolt is its main stab and does plenty of damage with the chance to paralyze, and I use flamethrower as my coverage move because i didnt like having protect and nothing to hit the steel types.

Sorry its so brief and its not very pretty but like i said its my first time making a forum, Please let me know what i can do to better my team :)

Hey Bro, nice team. Here are my suggestions:

Extremespeed over Fire Punch on Dragonite, it makes sure that Sucker Punch users cannot revenge kill you and and you can come in and revenge kill other weak mons.

EQ over Rock Slide on Excadrill is better for coverage and STAB. Rock Tomb on Breloom already threatens Fire/Flyings.

Lastly, change your AV Azumarill to this EV spread:

EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD

Hope it helps!
-PK

Try this for an Excadrill set:
Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Earthquake, Rock Slide

I think Dragonite is better off running Adamant, since E-Speed and Dragon Dance come into place.

Generally, Calm Mind Clef is better with Flame Thrower, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Soft-Boiled/Wish. It can take care of Scizor with the proper EV spread (I forgot it, sorry) and Ferrothorn after a Calm Mind of two, while still getting special bulk.

You'll have to look out for Greninja a lot. Only Clefable can counter it, while the rest of your team can't switch in.

Overall, great team, and I expect lots of success from this team! :]

AV Azumaril counters non HP Grass / Grass knot variants
Breloom revenge kills with mach punch if greninja is dark/ice type

Sorry but thats not what I'm trying to go for with my clefable, i like the defense boost of cosmic power because shes honestly a little frail in that regard compared to her special defense i like an all around tank that can tank hits and paralyze faster enemies. She sets up the whole game for my sweepers. I switched my Excadrill for a skarm because excadrill just wasn't cutting it for me, and i am seeing a lot more from my lead than just setting up rocks and dying. Thanks for all the tips guys i have won a quite a few battles thanks to E-speed Dnite and just that little extra speed on Azumarill! Really appreciate the reviews even though i read the rules after and know now that this fills out like none of the review requirements

If you don't want to use CM Clefable you should change it's EV spread to 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD to give it some mixed bulk. Also use Softboiled over Moonlight since Softboiled's healing value isn't weather dependent (Softboiled always replenishes 50% of HP) You could also try Substitute + Swords Dance Terrakion over Breloom. Terrakion is much faster and just as strong as Breloom. It also boast excellent coverage with its two STABs Stone Edge and Close Combat, something Breloom doesn't have. It's able to better eliminate steel types in order to make it easier for Dragonite or Clefable to rip opposing teams after setting up. Terrakion also checks threats M-Char Y, M-Char X, M-Pinsir, Gyarados, and more. You should also update the original post with the changes you've made so far to make future suggestions easier.
Terrakion @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)