ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys know?
A popularity poll was conducted in Japan back in 2012 asking people what their favorite cover legendary was.

Rayquaza scored #1.

Not sure if XY skewed that, but it would make sense if GF wanted to use gen3 remakes to capitalize on their home fanbase's preferred mascot, as most recently reported.
New Rayquaza form keeps getting likelier.

Did you guys know?
A popularity poll was conducted in Japan back in 2012 asking people what their favorite cover legendary was.

Rayquaza scored #1.

Not sure if XY skewed that, but it would make sense if GF wanted to use gen3 remakes to capitalize on their home fanbase's preferred mascot, as most recently reported.
Are you talking about the Dream World voting that occurred during Black and White?

[In case people forgot, there was a vote on what pokemon should be given out via a Dream World event. It was by region, and most chose Arceus but one area chose Rayquaza. But I thought it was South Korea? Anyway, that's why V-Create Reyquaza exists]

Are you talking about the Dream World voting that occurred during Black and White?

[In case people forgot, there was a vote on what pokemon should be given out via a Dream World event. It was by region, and most chose Arceus but one area chose Rayquaza. But I thought it was South Korea? Anyway, that's why V-Create Reyquaza exists]
You may be getting your events skewed.

There was a global link Arceus that was distributed in Gen5, but that one was given away under another popularity poll
The one that Rayquaza won in japan was the 15th anniversary poll, where the only pokemon participants could vote for were version mascot legendaries (and I'm pretty sure it was exclusive to Japan, since they gave out V-Create Rayquaza at Pokemon Centers only). Arceus was selected from the "To Befriend a Pokemon" contest, where participants could vote for any Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Arceus.

You may be getting your events skewed.

There was a global link Arceus that was distributed in Gen5, but that one was given away under another popularity poll
The one that Rayquaza won in japan was the 15th anniversary poll, where the only pokemon participants could vote for were version mascot legendaries (and I'm pretty sure it was exclusive to Japan, since they gave out V-Create Rayquaza at Pokemon Centers only). Arceus was selected from the "To Befriend a Pokemon" contest, where participants could vote for any Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Arceus.
I looked it up. V-Create Rayquaza was from the 15th anniversary poll, but Korea did choose Rayquaza in their popularity poll for "To Befriend a Pokemon."

I looked it up. V-Create Rayquaza was from the 15th anniversary poll, but Korea did choose Rayquaza in their popularity poll for "To Befriend a Pokemon."
~don'tcha hate when nobody's necessarily wrong?~

Anyway, if they did prepare a Primal/Mega Rayquaza, I'd love to see how exciting they're going to make the quest to unlock that new form.
Hopefully, they turn it into it's own sidequest involving "return to the sky pillar with x pokemon and uncover the primal stone" followed by some lore about the ancient Pokemon world.
Or he could just drop it after catching him, like Mewtwo in XY.
...or, they could make it downloadable and take all of the fun out of it...

Last edited:
Ill buy omega ruby only because apparently it was the one that had me most attracted when I bought my game boy back when I was little. (Red Dino FTW)

100% Alpha for me. Sapphire's been my favorite Pokemon game since it came out. Kyogre's been my favorite legendary since the same time. The image Hiddenfreezer shared is a solid argument why Team Aqua > Team Magma. Here's another really comprehensive one I've seen:

Orignal Source: http://steam--train.tumblr.com/post/97589090495/beanseller-team-aqua-is-still

#TeamAqua
Preetty much the same reason plus kicking the guys who want to infest us with winguls.

I'm probably going to end up getting both, especially if that WiFi event is the only way to obtain the Metagrossite. (pretty much why I caved and bought Y so I could have a game I can mess around on without losing the Blazikenite. I'm weird.) Besides, both groups are crazy. I'll take 'em both on, though sadly not at the same time like in Emerald. Could be fun though to beat the crap out of Team Aqua with the very legendary Pokemon they seek to awaken...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm going for Alpha Sapphire since my first Gen III game was Sapphire and being I have both a Kyogre and Groudon in my Y version I see no reason why not to get the version I originally got to see how they updated it.

Also, though I'm an avid fan of Fire Starters, I think I'm actually going to pick Treecko this time around. I'm going to be honest, I'm quite annoyed they chose Blaziken to be the XY Event Pokemon if they knew they were making Hoenn remakes. They could have chose Kangaskan or Absol, but no, they chose Blaziken making it "special" only to turn around and make it readily available to get, essentially giving those who bought XY early a middle finger. Any case, since I already have Blazikenite I thought I'd go for one of the other starter and being I'm facing Team Aqua I thought why not get the type advantage (and also TAIL DRILL).

I'm going for Alpha Sapphire since my first Gen III game was Sapphire and being I have both a Kyogre and Groudon in my Y version I see no reason why not to get the version I originally got to see how they updated it.

Also, though I'm an avid fan of Fire Starters, I think I'm actually going to pick Treecko this time around. I'm going to be honest, I'm quite annoyed they chose Blaziken to be the XY Event Pokemon if they knew they were making Hoenn remakes. They could have chose Kangaskan or Absol, but no, they chose Blaziken making it "special" only to turn around and make it readily available to get, essentially giving those who bought XY early a middle finger. Any case, since I already have Blazikenite I thought I'd go for one of the other starter and being I'm facing Team Aqua I thought why not get the type advantage (and also TAIL DRILL).
Not necessarily, the Torchic itself still has Speed Boost which can't be easily obtained in ORAS either. So X/Y players who got the event can use a Blaziken with Speed Boost WITHOUT using up their one Mega Evolution per battle slot on it. It's something, at least.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to the possibility of Secret Base Gyms. I'm definitely leaning towards decorating my base like a mad scientist lab and doing a team of artificial Pokemon. Maybe Porygon2/Klinklang/Metagross/Magnezone/Porygon-Z/Mewtwo? Okay, maybe not Mewtwo.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Not necessarily, the Torchic itself still has Speed Boost which can't be easily obtained in ORAS either. So X/Y players who got the event can use a Blaziken with Speed Boost WITHOUT using up their one Mega Evolution per battle slot on it. It's something, at least.
True, true, which I suppose that's why they're giving away a Shiny Beldum since Metagross's Hidden Ability is Light Metal... yeah, I'd go for the Shiny Metagross myself.

But still, I'm more miffed about the Mega Stone. Like I would be perfectly fine if NEXT generation they would have a way to get the Blazikenite (and now the Metagrossite) more easily.

BTW, I remember there being a Hoenn Starter giveaway during Gen V that gave a Hoenn Starter with their Hidden Ability via the Dream World, did we ever get that Event here? I only remember not being able to get it myself but that could have been due to a number of reasons.

I would definetly go for alpha mainly for the reason that team magma is literally a whole bunch of nafy white ass nerds. Sapphire was my first game and so I have some nostalgia for it, and let's be real, kyogre is just better.

Which one do want to buy, Alpha or Omega? I personally prefer Alpha, not only because I still have the Sapphire Edition, but because of this simple image:

Alpha Team rules!
There is a very simple reason that I'm choosing Omega. It's listed before Alpha (ORAS), and I always play the first one listed :)

There is literally no other reason.

There is a very simple reason that I'm choosing Omega. It's listed before Alpha (ORAS), and I always play the first one listed :)

There is literally no other reason.
I'm the oppisite. My brother had Red so I got Blue. Ever since I (usually buy both) and main the second listed game and use the first as fluff around

If the version exclusives stays the same this time around I plan to get Omega Ruby. Whilst I like Kyogre more than Groudon, however I prefer Zangoose, Shiftry, Mawile, and Solrock more than Seviper, Ludicolo, Sableye and Lunatone. I don't really care which storyline I venture into..

Still pretty hopeful for my Prankster Mega Masquerain though. Come on Gamefreak let it be Masquerain to be the token Hoenn Bug Mega. Kudasai! :P

Personally, I'm getting Alpha Sapphire first (I do plan on getting Omega Ruby with my Christmas money). There is three reasons:
1) I own Ruby, but not Sapphire. I want to try my luck against Team Aqua, who is a little more challenging thanks to Sharpedo being a better Pokémon (physical STABs!!!!) and not being easy to trounce with anything thanks to the large amount of great Water-types in Hoenn.
2) I have yet to own a game where I can catch Kyogre. Seriously (I got Ruby and SoulSilver, both games I can only catch Groudon). While I do own one, I don't know if it is hacked or not. With any other legend that I didn't catch myself or get the event myself, I can at least obtain it in a Gen III+ game I own, so I don't care as much. The only exception is Kyogre.
3) I own LeafGreen and SoulSilver. I just noticed that pattern so I might as well make it a tradition. But then I would have to go with the Pearl remake when that happens and I don't like Palkia as much as Dialga.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Still pretty hopeful for my Prankster Mega Masquerain though. Come on Gamefreak let it be Masquerain to be the token Hoenn Bug Mega. Kudasai! :P
You bring up an interesting point. Pages ago someone posted ALL the Mega Evolutions by their type, but I don't think anyone posted just the Hoenn Mega Evolutions by their type. We know that every type has at least one representation with Kalos' Mega Evolutions, let's see if the same is true for Hoenn's:

Normal: 2 (Lopunny & Audino)
Fighting: 3 (Blaziken, Lopunny, & Gallade)
Flying: 1 (Salamence)
Poison: 0
Ground: 2 (Swampert & Camerupt)
Rock: 1 (Diancie)
Bug: 0
Ghost: 1 (Sableye)
Steel: 1 (Metagross)
Fire: 2 (Blaziken & Camerupt)
Water: 3 (Slowbro, Swampert, & Sharpedo)
Grass: 1 (Sceptile)
Electric: 0
Psychic: 5 (Slowbro, Gallade, Metagross, Latios, & Latias)
Ice: 0
Dragon: 5 (Sceptile, Altaria, Salamence, Latios, & Latias)
Dark: 2 (Sableye & Sherpedo)
Fairy: 3 (Altaria, Audino, & Diancie)

So we still need a Poison-, Bug-, Electric-, and Ice-type. Looking through the old Hoenn Dex, we have the following options for each (of course, possibly any Pokemon could be chosen since a Mega Evolution can change type, but that's impossible to predict. Besides that, So far at least one type had a Pokemon that was previously that type before Mega evolving):

Poison: Dustox, Crobat, Tentacruel, Vileplume, Roserade (Roselia is in the Hoenn Dex), Swalot, Muk, Weezing & Seviper
Bug: Beautifly, Dustox, Masquerain, Ninjask, Shedinja, Volbeat, Illumise, & Armaldo
Electric: Plusle, Minun, Magnezone (Magnemite family is in the Hoenn Dex), Electrode, Raichu, & Lanturn
Ice: Glalie, Froslass (Snorunt family is in the Hoenn Dex), Walrein, Regice

If I had to pick, I'd choose Crobat (Roserade a close second), Masquerain (though Mega Ninjask would be hilarious), Raichu (so WHY hasn't it been given a Mega Evolution yet?), and Walrein (Hoenn sucked for Ice-types, but I'm choosing Walrein since Glalie and Froslass are a pair so it wouldn't seem right to give one a Mega Evolution over the other).

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'll be getting both. I sold out and ended up changing my preorder to the SteelBook version for Omega Ruby, but I will play that after Alpha Sapphire.

Sapphire was my first Gen 3 game, and I never had Ruby (I borrowed it from a friend) and it remains the only main pair game I do not own. Unfortunately, I'm in Europe... So I won't be able to have the game for a week over Australia and the US... It's going to make moderating here very very difficult :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)