Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I've had a few others, mostly Pidgey and the like that I've run into while EV training. I can't remember most of those, they aren't quite as special as the random shinies as you're killing literally thousands of their brethren so they're bound to show up eventually.
I know what you mean here. I've got like 3 shiny hoppip, a psyduck, plus a handful of others from horde training this gen.

Mew King consider yourself lucky if all it took was 300 and 450 eggs to get some shinies. My current shiny chance is well over 2,000 (that means, I got 1 shiny after hatching about 1,000 eggs, and since then, I've hatched over 1,000 more with no shiny). I'm using a foreign ditto paired with a pokemon bred on my game for the Masuda Method, plus I have the shiny charm, but I'm just getting really bad luck here. :(

Eventually I'll get another one, though, since I still breed semi-regularly.

I got a shiny Sandshrew while playing Sapphire for OI Plays! Obviously I caught it, although I'm probably never going to level it.

I know what you mean here. I've got like 3 shiny hoppip, a psyduck, plus a handful of others from horde training this gen.

Mew King consider yourself lucky if all it took was 300 and 450 eggs to get some shinies. My current shiny chance is well over 2,000 (that means, I got 1 shiny after hatching about 1,000 eggs, and since then, I've hatched over 1,000 more with no shiny). I'm using a foreign ditto paired with a pokemon bred on my game for the Masuda Method, plus I have the shiny charm, but I'm just getting really bad luck here. :(

Eventually I'll get another one, though, since I still breed semi-regularly.
Oh yeah, I was REALLY lucky with the 4 on-purpose Masuda'd shinies. I also think you're unlucky. I think the probabilities determined on this forum was 1/480. Well, good luck and don't lose hope. Pokemon Y was the first time I ever hatched a shiny and I know I bred a ton of Pokemon in Diamond through Black 2 and never hatched a shiny.

Someone Wonder Traded me a (I'm guessing) TSV hatched 3IV shiny Kangaskhan just recently. (Japanese flag but English name) If it's actually hacked it matters little, for I intend to breed one using the Level Ball one I caught in Soul Silver.

...Though I can't say I'm exactly ecstatic over Kangaskhan's shiny color.

I just found a shiny Vanilite while EV training a pokemon of mine. I caught it, although I'm not sure of its IVs.

I also recently got a shiny Haxorus through Wonder Trade. Normally I would dismiss it as a hack, but it is the right level to be the shiny one in the nature preserve, and it came from Unova, so it probably is legitimate.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Not too long ago, I was playing my SoulSilver game, and I found a SHINY RATICATE. I was so happy.

So I did what any sane person would do.

Namely, give it a cool name (Pestilence) and transfer it to my X game, where I became, and I quote, "friends forever" with it.

UllarxPestilence 5evah

I've encountered a whole ONE shiny Pokemon, a Drifblim in B2. I was on the bus home from school (back when I was a freshman) when it popped up outside that adobe town I can't be bothered to remember the name of, and since it was my first shiny I was pretty excited, but I was also nervous that some idiot on the bus would turn of the game or eject the cartridge as a joke. Instead of doing the right thing and catching it in a premier ball, I thought it might know explosion (which it didn't learn for a few levels) and used my master ball. Maybe one day I'll find another, not on public transportation...

The first time I got a shiny was on platinum version a couple years ago. I was breeding lavitars (my favorite pokemo) when on my 63 egg I got a shiny one. I think I was super lucky to have my first shiny also be my favorite pokemon! I've since evolved it into a tyranitar, but I've kept it on my platinum. I feel like moving it up generations would make it lose its value since shinies are significantly easier to get in the newer games.

I've actually had pretty good shiny luck, all things considered. All the way back in Silver, I managed to catch a shiny Sneasel and Swinub, then had a shiny Elekid hatch from the egg the Daycare people randomly give you in Crystal. Don't think I ever found any shinies in Gen III, but stumbled across a Wooper in Pearl. Was doing a speedrun of Black 2 when I found a shiny Klink, and in X I accidentally got a shiny Luvdisc while farming for Heart Scales.

I have Masuda'd for two shinies: Noivern and Scolipede. It took like 2000 eggs for the Noivern (uugggghh that was awful), and the Scolipede only took about 100.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Outside of hacks, events (includes ingame events), RNG, chaining, masuda, and SV shinies, I've ran into the following shinies:

Emerald

Camerupt: First shiny I've ever encountered in my own game. There is one bad news attached to this, however. It was in the Battle Dome =.=
Xatu: Battle Factory shiny. I was incredibly sad when I had to let go of it at the end of the round.

Pearl:

Shinx: While I was busy chatting this came up. I was overjoyed as it was the first shiny I ever caught. I never trained it, though.

FireRed (or LeafGreen?)

Mewtwo: Was on the phone when this popped up. It was Hasty (with a pretty bad Speed IV =/), and I trained it and gave it Mimic so it can learn Selfdestruct via Mimic glitch. I'm not sure if I still have it, but having caught a shiny Uber makes me all fuzzy inside (well...except for the part where his shiny color kinda sucks).

I've never been able to get a shiny while looking for them, aside from the aforementioned methods.

I was EV training my Gliscor via Hordes and a found a shiny Geodude. I think you can already guess what happened. Other Geodudes killed him with magnitude :(

I have encountered a fair amount of random shinies in my games (will obviously not be including events, RNGs, set shinies as well as shinies from trades). I have never actively 'hunted' for shinies for various reasons but these are the ones I have gotten anyway.

Gen 2:

Crystal: A Ponyta which I later evolved into Rapidash. Pretty sure it is lost now as the battery on my game doesn't work anymore. At least that was the case last time I bothered to check, which was like 4 years ago or so.

Crystal or Gold (can't remember which): A Shiny Pidgeotto which used Whirlwind before I had a chance to catch it. First and technically the only shiny I never managed to catch.

Gen 3:

Ruby: Duskull which I evolved into Dusclops and used to win a Master Rank Smart Contest.

FireRed: Pidgeotto, Tentacool and Tangela. The first two were just plain random, but the Tangela was found while I was EV-training. The Pidgeotto was a nice compensation for the one I failed at catching in Gen 2.

LeafGreen: Another Tentacool. Pretty sure I met either this one or the one in FireRed outside of the Tanoby Ruins.

Emerald: Oddish, Poochyena, Whismur and Spinda. I found the latter three while EV-training various Pokemon.

Gen 4:

Pearl: Hippowdon. Found it more than four years after I got the game, and it is the only random shiny from 4th Gen that I have found.

Gen 5:

Black: Basculin (Red-striped) while EV-training.

White: First a Braviary which I found immediately after catching a regular Braviary. Then I also met two Minccino (which might have been one and the same) at two points while I was RNGing Thundurus, couldn't keep either of them as it would have given me a Thundurus with wrong nature and bad IVs.

White 2:
Sigilyph which was from an egg, first and only random shiny I have gotten from an egg so far. Then also another Basculin while EV-training, this one Blue-striped. I had the Shiny Charm while getting both of these.

Gen 6:

X: Tangela, Petilil and Noibat, all in the Friend Safari. Had the Shiny Charm when I got Noibat.

Y: Vanillite in a Horde while EV-training. Had the Shiny Charm while getting it.

That makes it a total of 20-21 random shinies (depending on if the Minccino should be counted as one or two), 18 which I actually got to keep. Guess I should be happy about that.

I found a skiddo while walking in grass one random day. i was so happy when i found it cause i'm a big fan of it's shiny color.
The rest of the shinies I have are all from wondertrade: pansear, gyarados(a kalos pokemon! apparently found in the parfum palace)
I'm really hoping to grow my shiny collection soon c:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Sadly it wasn't until Black & White till I got my first Shiny. I was raising my Pokemon in Giant Chasm when I encountered a Shiny Clefairy! I caught it and not even a week later I got ANOTHER Shiny Clefairy! But that's not all the Shiny Chasm had to offer me, while running through the cave section I ran into a Shiny Piloswine. Though that was pretty much it for my Shiny encounter in my White game.

HOWEVER in my cousin's Black game I came across a Shiny Petilil when I was helping train his Pokemon (he was young back then and was having a problem with getting past the next Gym). Of course I sneakily traded it over to my game and in return gave him I think it was an Alakazam I decided not to train since it had a negative nature toward Special Attack (it was low enough level for him to command and in the main game natures don't really come into play so in the end it worked out. Not to mention he had a tendency of restarting his game when he would get stuck and frustrated).

Then in my White 2 game, just as XY was about to be released, I got a Shiny Seviper!

Oh, and before you ask about my extra Shiny Clefairy, I gave it to another of my cousin's who recently has been Shiny hunting using the Masuda Method.

I had some of the best luck today. IV breeding an adamant Venepede for competitive battling.
I had a Jolly 5IV that I wanted to use to pass some stats and IV's with a 6IV Japanese Ditto.

So I hatched a few eggs with Ditto holding the Destiny Knot, without an everstone. I was hoping for a Adamant Speed Boost baby to rebreed with Ditto, or a 5IV Speed Boost female, which I would breed with my 5IV Adamant Heracross for the nature.

Out of about the 15th egg I get a 31.X.31.31.31.31 Speed Boost Male Venepede, so I put it in the day care and started breeding for a perfect 5IV. It's a male so there was only a 60% chance of passing down the right ability. I'm checking all my Speed Boost hatches and they're all wrong. Either 4IV or the wrong spread of 5IV (I'm not particularly patient)

On Egg 42 of the day (including all the random natured Venepedes) I hatch a shiny. With Speed Boost. I was in shock, so I check the IV's. Perfect HP, Attack, Defence, Special Attack (Goddamn it), Special Defence...

Speed?

That's right. 42 eggs in and I hatch a 6IV Adamant Venepede with Speed Boost.

I'm not saying I'm a dedicated player of in-game but in the many hours that I have spent playing pokemon, I really happen to be unlucky enough not to have ever found a shiny pokemon. I know its weird but I guess thats how the universe works.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm not saying I'm a dedicated player of in-game but in the many hours that I have spent playing pokemon, I really happen to be unlucky enough not to have ever found a shiny pokemon. I know its weird but I guess thats how the universe works.
It's not weird, there's plenty of players who had never encountered a Shiny Pokemon. Them having a 1/8192 chance doesn't mean every 8192 times you encounter a Pokemon at least one will be shiny, it means that every time you encounter a Pokemon the game rolls a virtual 8192 sided dice with only 1 side that says "shiny".

It's not weird, there's plenty of players who had never encountered a Shiny Pokemon. Them having a 1/8192 chance doesn't mean every 8192 times you encounter a Pokemon at least one will be shiny, it means that every time you encounter a Pokemon the game rolls a virtual 8192 sided dice with only 1 side that says "shiny".
Yeah. I guess I'm just one of those players who weren't lucky enough to find one.

I encountered my first Shiny in Ruby. It was a Tentacool.
Then, while playing Emerald, I found a shiny Tentacool near Pacifidlog.
Recently in Pokemon X, I ran into another shiny pokemon in Azure Bay. It was....A TENTACOOL.

Well, I can no longer say that the RNG hates me when it comes to shinies, because I just MM'd a Shiny Oddish after only 24 eggs! It's Modest with 31 SpA and Chlorophyll, so it can be semi-useful competitively (or at least as useful as Vileplume/Bellossom can be). Point is, my 10-year drought has finally been broken. The nickname is sort of an inside joke which dates back to the Safari Zone in Sapphire where something like 75% of the encounters were Oddish when of course you wanted the stuff like Pikachu, Pinsir, and most of all Heracross.

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I encountered my first Shiny in Ruby. It was a Tentacool.
Then, while playing Emerald, I found a shiny Tentacool near Pacifidlog.
Recently in Pokemon X, I ran into another shiny pokemon in Azure Bay. It was....A TENTACOOL.
Inb4youfindaShinyWingull

I found my first shiny after about 400 hours on leafgreen, in the dp era, I was exploring the ruins on sixth or seventh island, when a sparkling blue unown popped up... Exciting but I really wish it had been something cooler...

My second shiny was in diamond, where I was going through some grass in order to get to the trainer I used for grinding, when I found a shiny bidoof. I was happy but really, bidoof...

I got a shiny lavasta while breeding in X, which is nice ^^ though it had garbage spa and spe... But 31/31/31 in hp, def, spedef ^^

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I finally got a Masuda hatch that doesn't have a horrible IV spread or the wrong nature, and what's nicer is that it was by accident! It's a Scatterbug with 31/x/x/31/31/31. I've been breeding for spare flawless spreads so that I can trade to get other flawless patterns and this one pops up at about 17 eggs in :)

btw if you want a flawless river scatterbug in a dive ball make me an offer, accepting all patterns except modern and garden!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)