Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, been looking through my gen 4 carts and found these two:

X / 31 / X / X / X / 31
- Swords Dance

Shuckle - #213 (Impish) : 30 / 3 / 31 / 3 / 31 / 23
- Stealth Rock

Are they worth anything? I guess with Ability Capsule, Shuckle becomes very viable.

X / 31 / X / X / X / 31
- Swords Dance
It's shit
>totally forgot it was Shedinja so Attack and Speed are all you need

- Stealth Rock
the irony. A Shuckle caught in a Quick Ball. Ha.
Apart from that, SR is Gud.

Are they worth anything? I guess with Ability Capsule, Shuckle becomes very viable.
It has Gluttony? SO OP
Meh, would of been better if it was Contrary. But you cant have everything ^^ CONTRARY SHELL SMASH FTW

X / 31 / X / X / X / 31
- Swords Dance

- Stealth Rock

Shedinja is flawless and with a viable Tutor Move, about all you need on it (stat-wise). It is still a Shedinja though...

Shuckle looks nice. Matching quick ball and Shiny with its favourite Tutor Move. Speed would be better lower if using it on a TR team to potentially outspeed opposing Shuckle but that's situational.

You didn't mention what Ability it had in your OP. I'm guessing Gluttony?

I have one in a Luxury Ball that I was using as a parent so it's levelled up and I'm not sure if it has egg moves. I also have some extra UT spitbacks in Premier Ball with 4 EMs.
Awesome, it doesn't need egg moves just the fancy ball is fine. I'd probably go with the premier ball, though they both look pretty damn sweet. Is there anything you want for it?

Awesome, it doesn't need egg moves just the fancy ball is fine. I'd probably go with the premier ball, though they both look pretty damn sweet. Is there anything you want for it?
Rare ball females or males with egg moves (especially long chains or transfer-only) but if you only want Premier I'll give her for free. Lemme just add you and I'll be on in a sec.

No problem :)

Is anyone around to do a cloning job for me? I just need one copy of a mon. It's non-redis so I can't let you keep a copy for yourself but I can give you something else for your time. PM/VM me.
I don't mean to be rude, but by definition, doesn't "non-redis" mean you can't trade it to anyone else? Even a cloner/EV trainer? Personally, I only trade stuff I have purchased trade rights to, to cloners/ev trainers, because you have no way of knowing if they kept a copy or not. Guess that's my simple question; is this allowed on smogon or is it considered against the "not re-distributable" rule?

I don't mean to be rude, but by definition, doesn't "non-redis" mean you can't trade it to anyone else? Even a cloner/EV trainer? Personally, I only trade stuff I have purchased trade rights to, to cloners/ev trainers, because you have no way of knowing if they kept a copy or not. Guess that's my simple question; is this allowed on smogon or is it considered against the "not re-distributable" rule?
Oh really? I didn't know that. I need a copy because I want to EV train one for myself but I can't bear to not have an UT version. Personally I always take non-redis to mean you have to keep it for yourself which I'm still doing. idk, might vary from person to person I guess. But I know the person who owns this mon and I don't think they'd mind.

Oh really? I didn't know that. I need a copy because I want to EV train one for myself but I can't bear to not have an UT version. Personally I always take non-redis to mean you have to keep it for yourself which I'm still doing. idk, might vary from person to person I guess. But I know the person who owns this mon and I don't think they'd mind.
Usually, if something's no-redis, I would recommend asking the original owner if you can trade it to a trusted person to clone it for you. Better yet, if the original owner can clone it for you. This is to prevent the redistribution on non-redis 'mons or to prevent it from getting to people the original owner might not want it to go to [the redi's policy/cloning, not neccesarily the redis policy in general].

I would say "no-redis" strictly means you can't trade it. Period. Regardless of whether you're giving it to someone else to clone it or to trade it. There are a lot of trusted cloners on Smogon but even if you ask someone not to take a clone of something, they may very well do so against the owner's wishes. The original owner may even prefer the cloner "pay" for them being allowed to clone it or offer over some collateral.

Just my 2 cents. Unless the original owner isn't a close friend who you think wouldn't mind, I would recommend ask them in regards to cloning it.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Non redis (AFAIK) means you can't trade it full stop.

This includes having it cloned if you need to trade it to someone else to do so (since the original owner of the Pokémon has no knowledge of the trustworthiness of the other party).

Also, if cloning with Powersaves they will automatically have the ability to keep a clone of the Pokémon (whether they do or not again down to the trustworthiness of the cloner).

Safest solution would be to ask the person who traded it to you to clone it for you, clone it yourself, and if neither of these are possible, live with only one copy.

Edit: Dammit Lady Valkyrie, we both wait over an hour to respond, and then you ninja me by like 20 seconds...

I know this is not the right place for asking this but I dont know where to ask.I need a banner for my Trade Thread and I really shity at art stuff ,so I need someone to do it for me ,do you know anyone who does this kind of stuff ?

Guys, I was wondering if I should start doing Cloning services, but upon seeing the massive lack of trust there is around them, now I'm having second thoughts. What do you recommend for a new cloner?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Guys, I was wondering if I should start doing Cloning services, but upon seeing the massive lack of trust there is around them, now I'm having second thoughts. What do you recommend for a new cloner?
There aren't really any "trust issues" for cloners in general, and most of the people who request cloning services offer the cloner to keep a copy for themselves.

The points above were in reference to people having things cloned which they do not have the distribution rights to trade in the first place.

As far as offering cloning as a service however if you are looking for some "certificate of authenticity", you could offer to clone for 2 or 3 people as and when they request such services in this thread (Simple Questions/Requests) and once you have done those (with hopefully no complications, etc.) ask them to post on your thread or profile stating that you were trustworthy for the task; then start offering the service as available on your thread. (Note: such services do not warrant their own thread.)

There aren't really any "trust issues" for cloners in general, and most of the people who request cloning services offer the cloner to keep a copy for themselves.

The points above were in reference to people having things cloned which they do not have the distribution rights to trade in the first place.

As far as offering cloning as a service however if you are looking for some "certificate of authenticity", you could offer to clone for 2 or 3 people as and when they request such services in this thread (Simple Questions/Requests) and once you have done those (with hopefully no complications, etc.) ask them to post on your thread or profile stating that you were trustworthy for the task; then start offering the service as available on your thread. (Note: such services do not warrant their own thread.)
But I could just include them as part of my Trade Thread, right? I just want to know more about this line of business before I jump in.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But I could just include them as part of my Trade Thread, right? I just want to know more about this line of business before I jump in.
As long as you don't do anything stupid (e.g. keep a clone when asked not to or steal the Poke), you are fine with offering the service.

Also, quick question: does the draining effect of Drain Punch work twice for Mega-Kangaskhan? If it does, I'd be really interested in a gen 5 RNG Kang with Drain Punch tutored.
Bump~
Still looking for a Chansey Friend Safari; I've messaged several users but haven't gotten any responses yet =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)