Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Is Law immortal then? did Corazon use the eternal youth operation or whatever on him to save him from that illness?

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think mangapanda's scans were a little rough. but yea it did look a little eh all around. Oda was doing so well for like... two weeks and the last two chapters were short and pretty boring (I feel like they easily could've been one chapter...) Hopefully this flashback is good and not too long (Maybe Corazon had the ope ope and used the eternal life thing on Law?)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great chapter in general. Also, those who say that Dofla's past and character are shallow, hold your horses, we have only seen the beginning of his flashback. Very disappointed with Dofla's strongest men though, all of Diamante, Pica, and Trevol have been huge let downs so far, despite Pica's and Diamante's early hype.
I think this is not so much a matter of Dofla's men being weak as much as the Strawhat's being formidable. To me it seems too early still (since their time skip boost) for them to easily be overwhelmed. From this point, the Strawhats will always be on par in terms of individual strength-- being "new world" level. Even the strongest characters are not ones that could smash Luffy/zoro/Sanji instantly, just because of how they've interacted with admirals until now.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think this is not so much a matter of Dofla's men being weak as much as the Strawhat's being formidable. To me it seems too early still (since their time skip boost) for them to easily be overwhelmed. From this point, the Strawhats will always be on par in terms of individual strength-- being "new world" level. Even the strongest characters are not ones that could smash Luffy/zoro/Sanji instantly, just because of how they've interacted with admirals until now.
It's not only the SHs that made the officers look weak though, Law made a fool out of Trevol too. I mean come on, the officers needed some hype outside of throwing ships around (Trevol), or looking cool in the shadows (Diamante).

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hoping at some point law will use his power to restore luffy's lost lifespan from impel down

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
I just thought of something that is a bit crazy, now assuming the user of the Op Op no Mi casts "Eternal Youth" onto say a person, What would happen to the person if they wore seastone handcuffs, would they age? Would they lose the power casted onto them? This is something that I am extremely curious to find out about. Also If Doflamingo did infact eat the Op Op no Mi, he would have become extremely powerful, the Ito Ito no Mi is no laughable Devil Fruit, its extraordinary, the versatility of that Devil Fruit is great, however, the Op Op no Mi would make Doflamingo virtually unstoppable. Also another thing to consider, if the Op Op no Mi grants Eternal Youth, surely there must be a way to reverse the effects, maybe by the other Op Op no Mi user right?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm less interested in the Ope Ope no mi's eternal life giving power and more interested in how that specific devil fruit is apparently a key cog in using the "secret" the tenryubito have locked away.

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/761/2544/10

Does it just mean he'd be able to transplant personalities of the person who could use it?

"World-shaking secrets" in op tend to imply either the ancient weapons or something else related to the lost country and the void century, so in terms of OP overall story I'm far more interested in that than eternal life :P

I just thought of something that is a bit crazy, now assuming the user of the Op Op no Mi casts "Eternal Youth" onto say a person, What would happen to the person if they wore seastone handcuffs, would they age? Would they lose the power casted onto them? This is something that I am extremely curious to find out about. Also If Doflamingo did infact eat the Op Op no Mi, he would have become extremely powerful, the Ito Ito no Mi is no laughable Devil Fruit, its extraordinary, the versatility of that Devil Fruit is great, however, the Op Op no Mi would make Doflamingo virtually unstoppable. Also another thing to consider, if the Op Op no Mi grants Eternal Youth, surely there must be a way to reverse the effects, maybe by the other Op Op no Mi user right?
Seastone handcuffs don't negate any DF ability. What they do is prevent the user from activating those abilities. Paramecias like Luffy don't get their bodies reverted to their normal state, while Logias like Ace can't turn into their element. So no seastone handcuffs wouldn't affect a lingering effect from a DF.

EDIT: Right now, the Yami Yami is the only known force to be able to completely negate any and all effects of DFs.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm less interested in the Ope Ope no mi's eternal life giving power and more interested in how that specific devil fruit is apparently a key cog in using the "secret" the tenryubito have locked away.

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/761/2544/10

Does it just mean he'd be able to transplant personalities of the person who could use it?

"World-shaking secrets" in op tend to imply either the ancient weapons or something else related to the lost country and the void century, so in terms of OP overall story I'm far more interested in that than eternal life :P
I think there's some sentient being (human, fishman, dwarf etc) who is a living key to some weapon, and Doflamingo wanted Law's fruit so he could transplant himself into the key's body.

Or maybe the poneglyphs are sentient.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea this is shaping up to be an awesome flashback (I also love that all of the dof pirates look sooo different, nice touch oda). I wonder what kind of significance the "Water" family name will have (Someone said the way his name is spelled is exactly like the battle of water loo or something?)

Yup, that's very very surprising...

Would it be possible that most of the supernovas are D's? We got 3 so far: Luffy, Teach and Law. Maybe Kid is actually Ki. lol

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think that Teach is a supernova.

This chapter had very nice little details, such as the cute kid Baby 5 hanging from DD's feet and doing all sorts of cute stuff, Delinger riding a canon that is shooting at the Navy at the age of 1, and Diamante taking a selfie while the family is robbing a safe. In general, the interactions between the young DD family are awesome, as is the DD family itself.

And don't get me started on Corazon, i love this guy already!

The flashback is getting better and better, and Law's personality and a ton of other things, such as Baby 5 being scared of Law's stare, are making much more sense now, which makes the present storyline much more enjoyable and interesting. This arc will be getting way better after the flashbacks are over, and hopefully we will be able to get some info on what the D means, as the timing feels right.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Amazing chapter, starting to shed light on Doffy's motivations. It also gives a whole new meaning to Law's blabbering earlier this arc about how "D will bring forth another storm" or something like that.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think that Teach is a supernova.

This chapter had very nice little details, such as the cute kid Baby 5 hanging from DD's feet and doing all sorts of cute stuff, Delinger riding a canon that is shooting at the Navy at the age of 1, and Diamante taking a selfie while the family is robbing a safe. In general, the interactions between the young DD family are awesome, as is the DD family itself.

And don't get me started on Corazon, i love this guy already!

The flashback is getting better and better, and Law's personality and a ton of other things, such as Baby 5 being scared of Law's stare, are making much more sense now, which makes the present storyline much more enjoyable and interesting. This arc will be getting way better after the flashbacks are over, and hopefully we will be able to get some info on what the D means, as the timing feels right.
Loving/not-loving these flashback-to-make-you-love-after-the-fact flashbacks. *stares at Ace/Luffy/Sabo flash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)