The FFTA2 Law Battle Tournament - Semi-Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Thanks to anundeadboy for the kick-ass logo
Introduction

FFTA2 stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, and in that game every battle would have a judge which declared laws specific to that battle, usually limiting how you could move or attack. This tournament aims to adapt those kinds of a laws to a Pokemon format.

Tournament Specific Rules:

- At sign-up you must PM me, Oglemi, 1 team of 6 Pokemon and that 1 team only (I only need the 6 Pokemon, items/abilities/evs/moves/etc are subject to change). Those 6 will be your team for the whole tournament.

- You must save the replay of your battles and PM it to me after winning once the tournament starts so that I can make sure you are using the same team. If you forget to save the replay that is grounds enough for your opponent to ask for a rematch.

- Every round I will introduce 3 Laws. These Laws can range from banning the use of a type of move (eg no Fire-type moves) and banning certain abilities all the way to disallowing switching.

- Laws will not stack, meaning the rules for that round will only be for that round.

- If you break a law, it is an automatic forfeit and you lose the match.

- Battles will be best of 1 single elimination

General Rules:

General Tournament Guidelines apply (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3486049/).

In addition to the above, you are playing in standard XY OU, meaning the following Clauses are in effect for each battle unless otherwise explicitly stated.

Pairings:

FLCL vs McMeghan
Zamrock
vs FireMage

The Laws For This Round:

Cold Feet -
Your Pokemon must stay on the field for 3 full turns before switching out using any manual method. So for example, the battle starts with Turn 1, your Pokemon must remain on the field for Turn 1, 2, and 3, and then they may switch out at the start of Turn 4. The timer starts on the turn that they can move, so if you switch on Turn 4 the timer starts on Turn 5 and lasts until Turn 7 at which you can switch on Turn 8. Phazing moves like Roar and Circle Throw do not break this law. If you phaze out your opponent the Pokemon that is dragged in is locked in and their timer starts on the turn that they can move. U-turn and Volt Switch can only be used after the 3rd full turn. Eject Button is banned.

Team Preview - Your battle must start without Team Preview. (ie. DPP format)

Weather - All weather inducing moves and abilities are prohibited. In effect, Mega Tyranitar and Mega Abomasnow are banned as they only have one ability.

Some Reminders:

- If you break the above laws it's an automatic forfeit and you lose!

- Save your replay and send it to me as proof of using the same team!

Deadline:

Lasagne and FireMage should play on Friday. No deadline for semis but get it done this weekend if possible.

Last edited:

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
So wait, how will it be possible to play in DPP format w/ BW2 n XY pokes?

Edit: How do I do it rather

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
How do you disable team preview in XY? I haven't done that before nor figured it was possible..

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Zamrock and I did a bit of playing around, and as far as we can tell, the only way to do this is to play in Hackmons

Is there another solution Oglemi?

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Nvm, me and my boy Jaiho figured it out. Can only do this in tier Hackmons. Only gay thing is that if u run a mega mon, run it in it's regular form, not it's mega form in team preview. I had my team preview w/ Mega Medicham instead of regular and when I sent it out, it alrdy mega evolved. Only minor issue but doable. Weird rules but should be fun

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Won, gg and yeh we challenged each other in Balanced Hackmon but we saw our teams nonetheless ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)