XY OU No fear of Beetles [Mega Heracross OU Team]

Hello all, and welcome to my Rate my team thread! This is second RMT and i hope have no problems with english language.

The Team:

At a First Look:

In Depth:

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Landorus is amazing, with good defenses and a excellent ability, this genie is perfect wall to Strong physical attackers such as Mega Heracross, Excadrill, T-Tar, Terrakion and others. Is a good Stealth Rock setter, because it is capable of kill hazard setters such Heatran, Exca and Ttar. In defensive set, Landorus can survive more time and can Stealth Rock again if someone uses defog or rapid spin. This guy is the way of stop bird spam and non Ice Punch Mega Medicham. On the game, generally other players use physical attackers to attack chansey, i just pass to lando, my first switch option.

Weaknesses/Team Sinergy:

Starmie(1/2x)
Starmie/Jirachi(1/2x)

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Scald

This little guy is my rapid spinner, the objective of it is stop certain physical sweepers inducing burn on it. Starmie is pretty good with this set and can wall several pokes with reflect type, ferrothorn is a example(Starmie became immune to leech seed and resistent to his attacks). Natural cure is a excellent ability, healing status just switching to another pokemon. Starmie also works as a Lando killer, reflect type + Scald can avoid the attacks and scald back.

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 20 Def Starmie: 34-40 (10.5 - 12.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 20 Def Starmie: 85-101 (26.3 - 31.2%) -- 12.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Weaknesses/Team Sinergy:
Landorus(Immune)
Heracross/Tornadus/Jirachi(1/2x)
Heracross/Tornadus/Landorus(1/2x)
Chansey(Immune)
Heracross(1/2x)

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 92 HP / 140 Atk / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Fire Punch

I needed a check/counter to Mega Gardevoir with taunt(One of the best wallbreakers on the meta), Jirachi is excellent in this function, resistis the both of Gardevoir stabs and can kill him with Iron Head. Fire Punch is necessary to defeat Ferro, Skarm, Scizor and Magnezone, Iron Head is stab and have a good chance to flinch. Substitute is to prevent status conditon, and Thunder Wave to stop fastest pokemon.

232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 92 HP / 24+ SpD Jirachi: 100-118 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- 70.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 92 HP / 24+ SpD Jirachi: 137-162 (37.6 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Weaknesses/Team Sinergy:

Chansey(Immune)
Heracross(1/2x)
Starmie(1/2x)
Landorus/Tornadus(Immune) - Heracross(1/2x)

Heracross (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

All teams need a wallbreaker/sweeper, and Heracross can do this really good. With the necessary support, Heracross is one of the bests pokemons in the meta, hitting very hard, is equally hard to switch into an attack of he. My hera is full attacker because i need diversify the type of moves in my team. Bullet Seed for Quagsire and Suicune; Rock Blast for Flying types. Pin Missile for STAB, and Close Combat pulls down half of the metagame, Heracross is my favorite Mega and sweeper!

Weaknesses/Team Sinergy:
Jirachi(1/2x)
Starmie(1/2x)
Jirachi(1/2x)
Jirachi(1/4x) - Starmie(1/2x)

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 168 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This is classic AV Tornadus. Is a great pivot, is the way to prevent keldeo to destroy my team. With this set he outspeeds Keldeo and can Hurricane kill him. Tornadus also can took stallbreaker Gengar hits and Regenerate afterward. Hurricane is a powerful STAB move, Focus Blast for some stell types, Knock off is a essential move in game, and u-turn is for induce some damage on switch.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 124 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 195-231 (59 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 124 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 130-154 (39.3 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Weaknesses/Team Sinergy:
Landorus(Immune)
Jirachi(1/2x)
Jirachi(1/2x)/Starmie(1/2x)

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Chansey are pretty good on this team, it walls most special sweepers. Have a excellent bulky and utility on the team; Toxic is a good form of induce damage because Seismic Toss is weak and Set-up Sweepers can defeat him. Chansey also can be a Heatran ''Slayer'' because the lack of recovery. Chansey is necessary to stop Charizard Y of wallbreaking, putting toxic and recovering. As the team utility, i use she to Heal Bell(this help much Heracross if he was burned by scald or Wow)

Weaknesses/Team Sinergy:
Heracross(1/2x)/Landorus(1/2x)/Tornadus(1/2x)/Starmie(1/2x)

Threat List coming soon

Below are the replay of my first match using this team:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/indigo-ou-90281

Need Sugestions, thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
I would switch Heracross' ability to Moxie so if you make a kill before you Mega Evolve you get +1 attack. Regular Heracross can only really take advantage of Close Combat using Guts so it can be easily played around. Perhaps also change Heracross' EV spread to 24HP/252Atk/232 Speed as this allows it to outrun Defensive Zapdos and Jolly Tyranitar after Mega Evolve. Other than that, the team is pretty solid.

I would switch Heracross' ability to Moxie so if you make a kill before you Mega Evolve you get +1 attack. Regular Heracross can only really take advantage of Close Combat using Guts so it can be easily played around. Perhaps also change Heracross' EV spread to 24HP/252Atk/232 Speed as this allows it to outrun Defensive Zapdos and Jolly Tyranitar after Mega Evolve. Other than that, the team is pretty solid.
Thanks for suggestion, i changed the Heracross EV Spread and the ability :)

I think tornadus needs naive nature for bit more u-tun, knock off damage
Thanks for the suggestion, but Knock Off and u-turn are not for induce much damage, knock off is essential on team, and u-turn is to prevent predics on switching.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Red dragonn cool team! It actually looks really solid and I just have a few small suggestions that I feel could make the team a bit more solid! First off, Landorus-t Is a great pivot and check to many pokemon such as Talonflame, Pinsir as well Excadrill on sand teams. Seeing how this pokemon is your #1 Bird Check I would suggest running Rock Slide over Stone Edge. Stone Edge's accuracy is really shaky and you don't want to lose a match to an SD Talonflame because of a miss. This also takes care of Mega Pinsir with a bit of prior damage.

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

My Second small suggestion would be making Heracross Jolly Nature which allows it to outspeed the common variants of Stall Breaker Mew which could give your team some problems. This also allows you to outspeed Lead Breloom after mega evolving and knocking it out with Pin Missile. I don't think that Bullet Seed is necessary seeing how you can 2HKO Quasire with Close Combat anyway. Swords Dance is a fine replacement as it really allows you to punish teams hard and clean 6-0 a lot of stall teams. Substitute can also work allowing you to easily set up on pokemon like Stall Breaker Mew who can only use Knock Off and Quagsire who can't break your Substitute with one Scald. I'll leave two sets that you could possibly use. Rock Blast is the preferred second attack on Sub SD as it allows you to beat Gliscor that don't run Acrobatics.

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile

Or

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

My final suggestion would be running Soft-Boiled over Wish on Chansey. While Wish support is definitely nice, your team already has some viable ways of recovery whether it be by the move Recover, the ability Regenerator or Flinching something to death to get Leftovers. Chansey is your main switch-in to pokemon like Greninja, Charizard-Y and other hard hitting special attackers. If you aren't able to immediately recovery, you are easily worn down on their switch and beaten.

Bold Nature- Soft-Boiled- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Anyway, that's all i've got! Cool team man :]

Hey Red dragonn cool team! It actually looks really solid and I just have a few small suggestions that I feel could make the team a bit more solid! First off, Landorus-t Is a great pivot and check to many pokemon such as Talonflame, Pinsir as well Excadrill on sand teams. Seeing how this pokemon is your #1 Bird Check I would suggest running Rock Slide over Stone Edge. Stone Edge's accuracy is really shaky and you don't want to lose a match to an SD Talonflame because of a miss. This also takes care of Mega Pinsir with a bit of prior damage.

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

My Second small suggestion would be making Heracross Jolly Nature which allows it to outspeed the common variants of Stall Breaker Mew which could give your team some problems. This also allows you to outspeed Lead Breloom after mega evolving and knocking it out with Pin Missile. I don't think that Bullet Seed is necessary seeing how you can 2HKO Quasire with Close Combat anyway. Swords Dance is a fine replacement as it really allows you to punish teams hard and clean 6-0 a lot of stall teams. Substitute can also work allowing you to easily set up on pokemon like Stall Breaker Mew who can only use Knock Off and Quagsire who can't break your Substitute with one Scald. I'll leave two sets that you could possibly use. Rock Blast is the preferred second attack on Sub SD as it allows you to beat Gliscor that don't run Acrobatics.

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile

Or

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

My final suggestion would be running Soft-Boiled over Wish on Chansey. While Wish support is definitely nice, your team already has some viable ways of recovery whether it be by the move Recover, the ability Regenerator or Flinching something to death to get Leftovers. Chansey is your main switch-in to pokemon like Greninja, Charizard-Y and other hard hitting special attackers. If you aren't able to immediately recovery, you are easily worn down on their switch and beaten.

Bold Nature- Soft-Boiled- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Anyway, that's all i've got! Cool team man :]
Thanks for the suggestions :) Changes done.

the team looks really nice u already had wish on chansey but wish is so nice maybe add it for toxic? or is toxic that important? Cause with Twave/Scald u can get paralysis and Burns not sure if u need it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)