Other My Fairy Face-Off Team

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! I want you to rate my Fairy Face-Off Team which I created over the last weeks. Please be aware that I'm just a freshman at competitive battling. Although I consider myself a very good Pokemon player since 1998, I can't say if my knowledge is enough for a tournament if there would be many competitive battlers. I rather chose the Pokemon by my feeling that they might have a chance!

282.gif
282-mega.gif

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Sp. At. / 4 Sp. Def. / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
~ Moonblast
~ Psyshock
~ Focus Blast
~ Healing Wish

Yes, Mega Gardevoir. I really love it. It's one of my favourite Mega Pokemon! It gets STAB for Moonblast and Psyshock and it can smash some other Pokemon with Focus Blast. And when it gets too dangerous and it should better make the stage free for another Pokemon, with Healing Wish, it can do something nice before fainting.

303.gif
303-mega.gif

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk. / 4 Sp. Def.
Timid Nature
~ Play Rough
~ Sucker Punch
~ Iron Head
~ Rock Slide

If Gardevoir doesn't suit the battle, I'll use Mega Mawile instead. I took one of the XY OU sets because I thought that it might play well. But I switched Protect with Rock Slide because I really don't like Protect at all. It just takes out the pace of the battle in my opinion.

707.gif

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: HP 248 / Sp. Atk. 8 / Sp. Def. 252
Calm Nature
~ Spikes
~ Fairy Lock
~ Dazzling Gleam
~ Flash Cannon

I took Klefki because I heard many people talking about it over here. I really like Fairy Lock, it's very good for players who switch their Pokemon often. And Spikes will definitely make them think twice before they switch out.

036.gif

Clefable (F) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Magic Guard
Rash Nature
EVs: HP 124 / Atk. 136 / Sp. Atk. 124 / Sp. Def 124
~ Moonblast
~ Ice Beam
~ Flamethrower
~ Meteor Mash

My very versatile Clafable. With the Expert Belt, it can attack
very hard! Although Clefable isn't exactly the physical attacker,
I gave it Meteor Mash to cover the Fairy type.

210.gif

Granbull (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Intimidate
Mild Nature
EVs: HP 104 / Atk. 152 / Def. 100 / Sp. Atk. 152
~ Play Rough
~ Ice Fang
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Shadow Ball

I think Granbull is somewhat an insider tip, in my opinion.
I wasn't very sure about which item to give it but I chose the Weakness Policy as it's item, so that if anyone would dare to damage it super-effectively, it can show them who's the boss!
Here we have the opposite of Clefable: Granbull isn't a special attacker but can learn Sludge Bomb
which can damage the Fairy-types nicely.

468.gif

Togekiss (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
Evs: HP 128 / Sp. Atk. 252 / Sp. Def. 124 / Sp. 4
~ Ancient Power
~ Steel Wing
~ Air Slash
~ Dazzling Gleam

To be honest, I'm not sure about Togekiss and also not of it's item. I originally
Intended to use Elfun but it was easily beaten by many
Pokemon due to it's quadruple weakness to Poison.
Serence Grace makes a greater chance for Ancient Power raising all stats,
And then it can wipe the foes off with the STAB moves.
It's very sad that most of the Fairy-types learn a Poison or Steel move which doesn't correspond
to it's Atk. or Sp. Atk. stats. I know, Steel Wing on Togekiss is pretty weird because it's Atk. stat is the worst of it's stats.

So, I think that this team isn't that bad! There aren't many status moves
but I'm sure that I can beat some players with it. It might not aim for the stars,
but I feel very comfortable with it.

Now I hope that you can give me good advice on how to refine this
team. I'm excited to hear what you think about it!

I would have to say that you should at least change Gardevoir Psyshock to Synchronoise. I don't really comment on these things but, I think it would help your team. :3

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Hi, how about trying out Synchronoise on Gardevoir? Since every single Pokemon are fairy types, a 120 base STAB psychic move would be very nice.

Using Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball is pretty useless on Granbull, especially since you are banking on Weakness Policy to do even a smidgen of damage. Even when you have that +2, a Play Rough would do more damage than a Sludge Bomb. The only thing that gets hit by Sludge Bomb harder is Whimsicott because of the 4x weakness.

I recommend using this set instead:

Granbull @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Toxic Orb + Quick Feet makes Granbull a nice sweeper when given the right situation. The 196 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed base 80, fully invested in speed Pokes, Gardevoir and Togekiss. Rock Slide hits Togekiss harder than Ice Fang and Play Rough, and protect as a filler to let you get Toxic on safely since nothing else really matters as far as what I've seen.

If you want to use a special set, you could use a Specs + Overheat set, which is very silly, but does let you OHKO Mawile. But Granbull is 5 points slower than M.Maw so that would be an issue.

Replace Steel Wing on Togekiss. I know it hits fairies, but like Granbull, it does substantially less damage. Super effective doesn't matter when the Pokemon has an ant sized stat. Replace it with either Baton pass to pass Ancient power boosts, or with T-Wave for Air Slash shenanigens.

Also, perfectly evening out your Attacks and Defenses in your EV spreads are actually pretty bad. When making custom Ev spreads, you need to have a goal. i.e. I want to make my Pokemon live x hit from x Pokemon. Or I want to be able to KO x Pokemon with one or two hits. Make your EV spreads with things like that in mind. NEVER make perfectly evened out spreads, they are bad 99% of the time.

Thank you for you answers so far!

Synchronoise? I don't know this move... I'll try it out.

The Granbull set is completely different from the one I used. I gave the Granbull Shadow Ball to attack Pantimos for example. Sadly, it can't learn Shadow Claw.
I'll try this set but I'm not very fond of the Toxic Orb. Quick Feet makes it faster but then you always have to be aware of it's HP.

I wasn't very sure what to use on Togekiss. It had Air Slash before I changed to Steel Wing. Baton pass sounds very good, I didn't think of this!

The intention of my team is to KO Pokemon easily with a little help of the Defense of Klefki, for example. I used the even spreads for versatility, like on Clefable.
But if you say it's bad, I'll see if I can changed it.

13ulbasaur

is an Artist Alumnus
Thank you for you answers so far!

Synchronoise? I don't know this move... I'll try it out.

The Granbull set is completely different from the one I used. I gave the Granbull Shadow Ball to attack Pantimos for example. Sadly, it can't learn Shadow Claw.
I'll try this set but I'm not very fond of the Toxic Orb. Quick Feet makes it faster but then you always have to be aware of it's HP.

I wasn't very sure what to use on Togekiss. It had Air Slash before I changed to Steel Wing. Baton pass sounds very good, I didn't think of this!

The intention of my team is to KO Pokemon easily with a little help of the Defense of Klefki, for example. I used the even spreads for versatility, like on Clefable.
But if you say it's bad, I'll see if I can changed it.
Try using http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/ when making spreads or putting in strange moves to counter certain things. You might find the strange move might not work at all.

Shadow ball for example:
152+ SpA Granbull Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Filter Mr. Mime: 67-79 (30.1 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

152+ SpA Granbull Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mr. Mime: 90-106 (40.5 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Compared to play rough:
152 Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mr. Mime: 184-217 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So if you got your +2 Weakness POlicy boost, it would become:
+2 152+ SpA Granbull Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Filter Mr. Mime: 133-157 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 152+ SpA Granbull Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mr. Mime: 178-210 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 152 Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mr. Mime: 366-432 (164.8 - 194.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Do you see the difference?

Oh, I just noticed I wrote Pantimos instead of Mr. Mime... My bad. Ever since, I'm playing the German version.
This is very interesting! Thank you very much for this link! I will keep this in mind! I thought that I might also show you the two other Pokemon
I considered. I hope that's okay.

547.gif

Whimsicott (M) @ Big Root
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp. Atk. / 252 Spe
~ Sunny Day
~ Solar Beam
~ Giga Drain
~ Moonblast

This Whimsicott is very strong and fast and with the Big Root it can leech even more HP
with Giga Drain. But, alas, it's typing mostly cause OHKOs from Poison moves.

671.gif

Florges (there's no sprite for the blue one) (F) @ Persim Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 52 HP / 200 Sp. Atk. / 200 Sp. Def. / 52 Spe
~ Solar Beam
~ Petal Dance
~ Moonblast
~ Grassy Terrain

The Persim Berry - Petal Dance combo is what it's pretty much all about.
I wasn't sure about Solar Beam, it's pretty inconvenient as two-turn move.
But I don't know what I can use instead. But I think Grassy Terrain can be nice
for my other Pokemon to fresh up, although it does the same with the foes team.

Sorry for double posting, but do you have some more advice for me? I'd like to know what you think about these. :)

13ulbasaur

is an Artist Alumnus
Hey, first off, you aren't using Whimsicott properly. What makes Whimsicott so great is that it can act as an awesome disruptor and overall annoyance. You should never ever ever ever ever ever use solarbeam ever unless your Pokemon's name is Mega Charizard Y or Ninetales or you are on an extremely dedicated sun team.

Also, Leftovers is better than Big Root, but if you have no other item choice then I guess you could use it.

If you want to use Whimsicott properly, use it as the prankster it is. There are lots of great moves it can use. Subseed Whimsicott is amazing though if you set it up safely.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Stun Spore/Protect/Moonblast

Basic subseed set, the last slot can be Stun Spore to be more of a nuisance and leave some lasting cripple on your opponent's Poke before you go down, protect to just stall leech seed turns, or Moonblast so you are not complete taunt bait.

A calm nature and sp.def investment is because most Pokes are special attackers.

Speaking of taunt, you should probably have a Poke with taunt so you don't go down to Subseed Whimsicott.

On Florges: Again, never use Solarbeam unless your Pokemon is a drought user, and again your EVs are bad. Evenly splitting EVs doesn't work most of the time. Remember what I told you: When making custom EV spreads, have a goal for it. Tailor your EVs for your specific goal. Otherwise you'll just end up with a suboptimal EV spread. i.e. I want my Pokemon to be able to 2HKO a Pokemon. Or I want my Pokemon to be able to live x hit from a Pokemon. Think about that.

What Florges performs well in is as a Wish Passer and Cleric. In the 3v3 Metagame though, that stuff isn't really that great. So I recommend just not using Florges.

Also I just noticed your Mega Mawile has Timid nature. Why? You want Adamant or Jolly. Timid reduces your attack.

Ok, I apologise that I didn't spread the EVs right. But does it always has to be 2*252 and 4? I was spreading the EVs evenly because I was worried that some other
stat might be too low. I guess I failed with Whimsicott, didn't I? I already have Leftovers on Klefki. I don't know if two Pokemon are allowed to hold the same item.

I won't use Florges. I wasn't very fond of it, anyways.

Which Pokemon should I give Taunt?

Oh, I made a mistake when I wrote the Nature of Mawile. It actually is Adamant, not Timid. I guess I mixed it up because of Intimidate. Sorry!

One question: Do you think there will be many competitive battlers in this tournament?

13ulbasaur

is an Artist Alumnus
I actually somehow forgot that Whimsicott gets Taunt. You could give Whimsicott it's prankster Taunt to stop things from settin up in its face and Klefkis or give it to Gardevoir who is decently fast.

As for competitive battlers, I dunno. I'm sure there are plenty of competitive people there to win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)