All Gens RoA Premier League: Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the reminder Bekins, since that match is relevant too. So here is the recap of what is going to happen
Current Standings:

Blazing Infernapes (3, 0, 1); Lucky Laprases (3, 0, 1)
Unpredictable Umbreons (2, 1, 1)
Sepia Starmies (1, 1, 2)
Sacred Snorlaxes (1, 0, 3); Tentacool Trumpeteers (1, 0, 3)

Currently, the winner of Infernapes vs Laprases will be moving on to the finals. If Umbreons win this week, they will also be moving on to the finals against the winner of Infernapes vs Laprases; if they lose, finals will be Infernapes vs Laprases. The only hangup would be a tie between Infernapes vs Laprases, with Umbreons winning this week. That would leave all three teams tied at (3, 1, 1) moving into the finals.
I'm also tagging Lutra and Tomahawk, you got the chance to make activity calls, if not i will coinflip the match.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Let me play the remaining GSC match for Infernapes n_n

Who cares if I already played this week, at least I'll get shit done.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well Hill would have got the activity win before the written extension. Since the extension, Hill hasn't pursued Agammemnon enough.

edit: I don't agree with breaking the rules (allowing a player to play twice) to get it done.

In my opinion it would be better if the players that are supposed to play actually play or just coinflip

If that's not the case I can also do the battle myself if required.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
Sry Dekzeh, but i think you can wait till tomorrow.

Judging by Hill's and Agammemnon's VM conversation i'd give the activity to Hill, since Agammemnon didn't try to reschedule after the extention either. I will give Tomahawk, or whoever from the Infernapes is availiable, time to object this if he has valid arguments against it, otherwise the activity win goes to Hill.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't mean to sound like an asshole (Which I probably already did in the past and you will most certainly think I'm one awful prick after reading this post) but Hills has been one disgusting person through our exchanges and has not done a single step in my direction since the extension.
I'm online every day but from my experience on Smogon if you don't babysit people, they will not try to re-schedule stuff, especially if they can let it slip to get a dirty activity win. For once I was trying to see if things could have changed, but of course they haven't.

EDIT : It if were an individual tournament I could not care less and would let you give him the activity since it was my fault in the first place (for not getting it done) but it is a team tournament and I would like my team to be able to get this battle done if Hills feels like it aswell.
I would just like to mention that he has not been online for one second during the week-end. Since I'm not a calculating person, I did not screencap his "Last seen", but on sunday's evening, he was "Last Seen : Friday". Can't remember the hour though.
Obviously, he only sent the ... incriminating part (?) or our showdown conversation so he can be shiny from an outside point of view.
I know my opinion is quite biased since I am the one accused of being lazy and I am totally aware this post makes me sound like a total jerk. I'm sorry about that. I am just trying to defend myself right here.
Anyway, it is up to you to decide, since you are the new host or something.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It's one thing to be lazy fucks during the championship round, it's another to be lazy during the final week of the regular season when three teams are up for earning two finals spots.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
I don't mean to sound like an asshole (Which I probably already did in the past and you will most certainly think I'm one awful prick after reading this post) but Hills has been one disgusting person through our exchanges and has not done a single step in my direction since the extension.
I'm online every day but from my experience on Smogon if you don't babysit people, they will not try to re-schedule stuff, especially if they can let it slip to get a dirty activity win. For once I was trying to see if things could have changed, but of course they haven't.

EDIT : It if were an individual tournament I could not care less and would let you give him the activity since it was my fault in the first place (for not getting it done) but it is a team tournament and I would like my team to be able to get this battle done if Hills feels like it aswell.
I would just like to mention that he has not been online for one second during the week-end. Since I'm not a calculating person, I did not screencap his "Last seen", but on sunday's evening, he was "Last Seen : Friday". Can't remember the hour though.
Obviously, he only sent the ... incriminating part (?) or our showdown conversation so he can be shiny from an outside point of view.
I know my opinion is quite biased since I am the one accused of being lazy and I am totally aware this post makes me sound like a total jerk. I'm sorry about that. I am just trying to defend myself right here.
Anyway, it is up to you to decide, since you are the new host or something.
The thing is if you vmed or tried to visibly contact hill after said extention you would be the one getting the activity win here, but you didn't do that either, or at least i can't see anything of that, all i see is that, as Lutra said, Hill would have gotten the activity win before the extention and that neither of you bothered getting the match done after that (not like you ultimately had a whole week for that). How would you decide from a third person standpoint there, judging from the "material" i have i can't give you the activity win. I will take some time to think about all of that, maybe someone else with "inside views" could comment on this situation, otherwise the activity win goes to Hill. This is nothing personal against you, but the only options here are to either give hill the activity win or to coinflip the match.

edit: from the tournament guidelines
Typically, if someone misses a scheduled time, the person who missed the scheduled time will receive the activity loss, while the person who showed up to the scheduled time will receive the activity win. Only in the case where someone clearly refuses to schedule another time for no apparent reason should the match not be declared in favor of the person who showed up.
Hill didn't refuse to play at any given moment after the scheduled battle didn't happen, did he?

Last edited:

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
While I may sound biased here cause I'm on Aga's team, I know for a fact that Hill hasnt been online since last week. While it's true that Hill was more active during last week, on the weekend and after the extension he simply disappeared (not to say that he's johning, since he actually is nowhere to be found, I'm guessing he has RL stuff going on).

For reference

[15:14] -NickServ- Hill is http://www.mibbit.com
[15:14] -NickServ- Time registered: May 14 23:12:54 2014 EDT
[15:14] -NickServ- Last seen time: Sep 15 19:53:53 2014 EDT

And even on the weekend he was barely online. I know that cause we share a few channels and know each other.

beds offered to wrap this up and that's probably for the best. sorry i let this go and kinda vanished, i've just been quite sick this week. feeling a bit better now, but i dunno, i'll leave this in his hands. i trust he'll be better than i would be. again, super sorry for being shit.

best of luck for everyone that goes on to finals. hoping to see some good logs and replays from this :P

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
It's been 24 hours since i offered Trumpeteers vs Umbreons to claim activity wins and nothing happened, managers have been on and have seen this, but did not make any activity claims (and i don't think anyone wants to keep waiting till we might or might not settle this with a tiebreaker match).
I am going to coinflip all the matches now, you had your chance but didn't take it (and i don't see any clear activity cases tbf, since none of you even bothered getting this done after the extention)

This means Umbreons and Trumpeteers tie the week, Umbreons do not advance to finals, sorry guys.
Snorlaxes win the week, "congratulations".
I also coinflipped the last match for the sake of it and mainly because it didn't matter at that point anymore, so the standings are

Lucky Laprases (4, 0, 1)
Blazing Infernapes (3, 0, 2); Unpredictable Umbreons (2, 2, 1)
Sacred Snorlaxes (2, 0, 3)
Sepia Starmies (1, 1, 3); Tentacool Trumpeteers (1, 1, 3)

The finals will be posted as soon as i have the lineups of both Laprases and Infernapes and Umbreons. Locking the thread, if anyone wants to rage feel free to pm me.

Edit: Appareantly in spl a win counts 2 points and a tie counts 1 point (not like in soccerball where a win is 3 points), and since this is basically just a ripoff of spl the Umbreons will advance to finals too.

edit: as implied by jellicent a 3 way final is possible not like in spl, so i am not going to count wins/losses for a tiebreaker here (because that isn't really of value with many dead games in every week to begin with)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)