Mr. Mime

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem

Overview
########

• Nice support option with Healing Wish, allowing it to fully recover a teammate.
  • Powerful Nasty Plot sweeper.
  • Soundproof is incredible to take attacks such as Exploud's Boomburst and Yanmega's Bug Buzz.
  • Solid Speed tier, outspeeding max Speed Hitmonlee.
  • Decent Special Attack so it can make use of its boosting moves.
  • One of the few Pokemon that can Baton Pass Nasty Plot.
  • Fairy typing is indeed a blessing, giving Mr Mime a lot of useful resistances including an immunity to Dragon Tail, and neutrality to Bug- and Dark-type moves.
  • Solid Special Defense, but very low HP.
  • Pathetic Physical Defense, easily being KOed by powerful physical attackers.

Healing Wish
########
name: Healing Wish
move 1: Healing Wish
move 2: Dazzling Gleam
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Focus Blast
ability: Soundproof
item: Life Orb
evs: 4 Def / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

• Healing Wish is this set staple, giving Mr. Mime's team unmatched support.
  • Dazzling Gleam is Mr. Mime's main STAB having fantastic coverage all alone being only resisted by Poison- and Steel-types.
  • Shadow Ball + Focus Blast gives Mr. Mime perfect coverage with Shadow Ball hitting opposing Ghost-types such as Banette super effectively, and Focus Blast wounding Steel-types such as Registeel.

Set Details
========

• The EV spread maximizes Mr. Mime's Special Attack and Speed out so it can still pose as an offensive threat.
  • Life Orb increases damage.
  • Soundproof is Mr. Mime's niche ability allowing it to be a solid switch in to the likes of Exploud and Yanmega.

Usage Tips
========

• Only use Healing Wish if you trully need it. Healing Wish will usually decide games when used correctly; as such, give Healing Wish to a teammate that can surely sweep with full health such as Yanmega.
  • Healing Wish is best used on offensive teams.
  • Healing Wish is also a blessing for any Focus Sash teammate as it can bypass hazards damage.

Team Options
========

• Speed boost Yanmega basically doesn't care about Stealth Rock when having Mr. Mime as a teammate.
  • Overall, any late-game cleaner will love Mr. Mime's support.

Other Options
########

• Offensive Baton Pass set with Nasty Plot.
  • Magic Coat.
  • Screens, Barrier.
  • Psyshock hits Amoonguss a bit harder.
  • Taunt is very useful against other Taunt users but Mr. Mime usually can't give a moveslot to it.
  • Thunder Wave.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types**: Escavalier, Durant, and Doublade are the best examples. They easily KO Mr. Mime with it's STAB moves while they don't care for anything Mr. Mime could use. However, it should be noted that only Durant outspeeds Mr. Mime, so Mr. Mime.

**Powerful Physical Attackers**: Rhyperior can switch in a neutral Psychic, and it has a solid chance to OHKO Mr. Mime with Earthquake. Sharpedo wins against Mr. Mime if it doesn't have any Speed boosts as Sharpedo would need +2 to outspeed +1 Mr. Mime. Braviary, Emboar, Zangoose, and many others have solid chances to OHKO Mr. Mime.

**Taunt**: It annoys any Baton Passer and this isn't different for Mr. Mime.

**Mismagius**: Mismagius outspeeds, sets up Nasty Plot and KOes with Shadow Ball. Psychic is only a 3HKO.

Last edited:
you should mention in the overview that soundproof is awesome to take on exploud and yanmega and is one of Mr.Mime main niches

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Take Psychic off the set, it sucks. Substitute should be slashed before Encore, as passing a sub is really useful even if you don't use NP (encore is really good though and can stay a slash). Add Technician to other options as dual STABs + tech HP ground have amazing coverage and are p strong, tho not strong enough to warrant a set.

make these changes and consider this QC approved 1/3

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone, just wanted to point out that because of the nerfs to full BP put in place by the OU Council, that this particular analysis will most likely need a revamp to take that into account (which means i'd like it to require 3 QC checks despite it already being QC 1/3). If the current Mr Mime set is still viable as a standalone passer even outside of full BP chains, that's fine, but in the case that it isn't i still think theres hope for Mr. Mime to be viable, specifically because of its offensive sets. Mr Mime's Special Attack and Speed are pretty solid, nothing special really, but enough to hit things hard. Mr. Mime learns Healing Wish too, which could be used to let Mr. Mime revive a teammate, which has the potential to make or break a game when paired with things such as Speed Boost Yanmega. This offensive potential combined with Soundproof letting mime become sort of an offensive check to Yanmega and Exploud is something worth looking into imo. I'll put some sets for QC/The OP to try out in the hide tags below :).

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam / Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam / Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Molk done. Found Healing Wish to be quite an effective set, gonna add NP + 3 attacks as well.
About Baton Pass, I don't think it should get any set. Honestely, if you are planning to use Baton Pass in a team you have got either Combusken or Gorebyss. That's it. Mr. Mime is quite dependant on the former to be effective imo, but I will mention it at OO anyway. If you feel like I should make a set I will do it, but I don't feel like Mr. Mime is worth wasting the Baton Pass slot.
EDIT: Shit, I found out that hazards damage applies AFTER Healing Wish. This is kinda sad lol.

Last edited:

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Yeah, I forgot that instead Healing Wish could save a mon that would otherwise die from hazards, Ty for telling me!

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
k rechecking this

in the overview remove mentions of NP + BP, and probably NP since there is no NP set anymore

Remove the focus sash thing in usage tips, it goes Healing Wish ---> Full Health teammate ----> Hazard Damage, so with Hazards up, focus sash is not intact

in Team options add Combusken as Bulk Up combusken gives this more Speed and Defense, while healing with + Combusken lets Combusken get off at least 2 passes if played correctly

also in team options, any late game cleaner doesn't appreciate this, only late game cleaners that double as wall breakers / lures do. Think Meloetta-P which can break its own walls mid game or Yanmega (which you already have) is a perfect example

do this and QC approved 1/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)