Hardest Relative NPC

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Never found anything in XY ingame difficult.
Battle Maison, however, was really difficult for me. I wasn't so willing to EV train Pokemon that I'm not going to use in VGC.
I also had very limited resources for IV's back then.
I still haven't unlocked Super till now. Just so much work...

OI Plays people know exactly which annoyingly hard boss I'm posting about. That annoying Vigoroth and those two even-more-annoying Slaking - yup, it's Norman.

Oh, without a doubt, for me, It's got to be Red at the end of HG/SS or G/S/C. I mean, his team is waay too powerful. I only beat him once, and his Pikachu was absolutely brutal. Even after I caught Mewtwo, I only one due to a critical hit on his Venusaur, and Blastoise.

Damn though.. It makes me shiver just thinking about it.

Oh, without a doubt, for me, It's got to be Red at the end of HG/SS or G/S/C. I mean, his team is waay too powerful. I only beat him once, and his Pikachu was absolutely brutal. Even after I caught Mewtwo, I only one due to a critical hit on his Venusaur, and Blastoise.

Damn though.. It makes me shiver just thinking about it.
Wasn't it his Snorlax that makes the entire battle hard? Rest + Body Slam is evil

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Probably been said multiple times but...

I would have one shot his Hydreigon with my Emboar with Hammer Arm but it missed, Hydreigon knocked it out with a Surf. Annoyed I revived Emboar and on its second time it tanked the Surf and took Hydreigron with a Hammer Arm. The fight in BW2 went better as Hydreigon didn't know surf and instead had Rock Slide which Emboar was neutral do (kind of just realized this, they pretty much nerfed his Hydreigon in BW2. In BW it knew all Special attacks and had a wide coverage, but in BW2 they gave it all Physical attacks, a Life Orb (which while increasing its power, meant it would faint in a number of turns on its own if you're willing to wait for that to happen), and not as wide as a type coverage).

I see nobody have brought up Cooltrainer Jennifer from Ruby/Sapphire. You walk along with your slightly underlevelled Pokémon, then BAM! A trainer! Oh, she has only one Pokémon? Milotic? That's cool...

...five minutes later, it's not cool anymore. I rushed a little too much through Sapphire, and Jennifer was the first trainer to beat me. That Milotic took everything I threw at it, Recovered back the damage, and confused me with Water Pulse until my entire team was down. I felt so pathetic afterwards.
Sorry for responding to an early post but it just caught my eye.

I think I remember her! There was this one trainer with a Miltotic in Sapphire with a Miltotic. Back then I mainly used by starter which was Blaziken and I thought "I've beaten other Water-types before. TASTE DOUBLE KICK". Of course, Milotic's Defense is huge so it didn't do much so my Blaziken soon fainted without much trouble. Of course this left me in trouble as all my other Pokemon were severely underleveled. However I had hatched the Wynaut Egg and evolved it to Wobbuffet and taught it Destiny Bond. Wobbuffet survived a hit do to the sheer amount of HP it had, got odd a Destiny Bond, and next turn when she knocked out Wobbuffett she knocked out her Milotic. Cheap way to win? Sure, but hey she knocked out my Blaziken who otherwise blazed through everything else in the game (and yes, as soon as Wallace sent out his Milotic I did the same thing).

My revenge awaits in ORAS, for this time I'll be starting with a Treecko...

The WTF Sky trainer is one of the beach on Route 8. His pokemon are level 28 when the others trainers are level 18 ?
I was caught by surprise during my first Sky Battle. I found my first one late in the game, I had a Charizard by then. I thought I would be fine since I had a Charizard and Quacklin' the Farfetch'd. Sky Battle starts and I only have my Charizard with me. I later learn not all Flying-type Pokemon can participate in Sky Battles, only the ones who are visually flying. TAUROS MULCH! I still won the battle, but it was a bit annoying, especially now since Quacklin' is my FLYING POKEMON.

Battle Tower/Maison/Subway/Wutever Trainers
Just ALL of them.. Okay not all of them. But if you don't do your research (say if you're in college and you don't have Wi-Fi to see if that Electavire is carrying both Fire and Ice Punch, completely fucking up your remaining Gliscor and Aegislash...) youre gonna have a bad time. (Plus side: pwning everything with the UberKahn)
Apart from that... Well I got nothing else to contribute ^^

Darn Candice. I can't say how many times I lost to her before I got fed up and got Ponyta. It's incredible how there's only one Fire type in the whole region other than infernape, and even then Ponyta fainted twice before getting to Aboma (dumb force palm paralysis). Staraptor is amazing against her until you remember that her only Flying STAB until that point is Fly and I happen to fight an AI that would actually use Detect every other turn in order to protect from damage on Medicham.

Before that is was a Trainer with a Vespiqueen if you didn't have any rock pokemon, even my Staravia's Wind Attack's started doing nothing after a couple of Defend Orders and heal Order just made it all start over, I lost that match twice. It's worst knowing that I went to all the trouble of getting a Vespiqueen and then realized how much it sucked.

Facing Cynthia the first time around (i.e around D/P era, ish?) was a fair struggle to me, and in just about every subsequent game she appeared in. Other than her, there's Red, who was a complete ass in HG/SS and tbf I think actually got a bit tougher in Black 2 in the Pokemon World Tournament. x_x;

But no other AIs even come close to those two in terms of difficulty. Maybe Lance somewhat, but I don't think he's too hard to take on?

PWT was hard in triple battle mode, because it was hard to build a team that wouldn't be weak to at least one of Cynthia, Red, Blue, Lance or Alder

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
I know someone else already mentioned this but I have to put emphasis on it.

The Volbeat trainer in Pokemon XY with Prankster Confuse Ray/Double Team/Moonlight was a nightmare. It bested me like 3 or 4 times because it kept getting the confuse self-attack and I was too stubborn to change to my fire starter to 1st party slot the first 2 times. I want the guy from GF that did that fired.

Welp for me it was morty in Silver and he was still a bitch in SS. I love chikorita but this Ahole made made me regret my choice a lot.

Lorelei in FRLG when I was 12. Honestly, fuck Lorelei. You are an ice expert stop spamming water attacks on my Charizard omg (in the end, I won, just as any other battle because I basically did a solo run due to not being able to be arsed to switch pokemon for things other than evos). I remember having an easy way with Blue, however.

Clearly, the hardest relative NPC is [immature joke censored].
In all seriousness, Elesa is the only regular NPC that gave me any trouble really. Mainly cause of her using Volt Switch Emolga and me not having any Ground-types immune to that. Still, she wasn't that hard to beat (it took me less than a week combined to beat Black and Black 2).

Aaron in platinum. I grinded my pokemon to level 65, and yet he beat 2 of my pokes. How? DOUBLE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPEED BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tell you, Double Team+Speed Boost=Destruction.

EDIT: I take that back, any trainer that spams Double Team is the Hardest Relative NPC.

Anything with a Gyarados.
Gyarados+Double Team+Dragon Dance+Mega Evolution+Outrage+Waterfall would be a pain in the butt.
Sorry for the double post.

MOD EDIT: And that's why we have an "Edit" button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, those cool trainers on Sinnoh Route 110 in Platinum were brutal, and they usually destrolished my team repeatedly. The pair covered their weaknesses quite well, and it was extremely likely that something was dying to them in a Nuzlocke, potentially even ending the run due to a wipeout.

I'd like to predict someone who may be a very difficult NPC in the near future.
That NPC is ORAS Wally, the final time you fight him. He has a legit competitive team (even more so than Cynthia) consisting of TFlame/Azumarill/Roserade/ Magnezone/Mega Gallade/ something else, and his levels are 77-79. Granted, if the EXP share is still as game-breaking as it is in XY, he may be easy, but still...

I'd write more but I'm on my phone and typing is hard.

Did anyone else here have trouble with Aaron's Yanmega in Platinum? That Speed Boost+Double team wrecked me even though I had trained my Pokes to level 65.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)