Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miltank has a super weird stat allocation, with bulk, but also 100 speed and not-too-shabby-for-a-cleric 80 attack. I'm not giving her Wish, as we have so many pure clerics already, but instead, giving her Unaware to make her an amazing (mil)tank. She's also getting Knock Off for coverage and utility, although that utility diminishes just a bit in this meta of mega stones.

---

Suicune should wait until we do legendaries.

---

I am wholly against giving Mightyena Strong Jaw, as with that ability, it has to rely only on stat boosts to become viable, and with Mega Sharpedo out there, I can't see any potential for Strong Jaw Mightyena to not be thoroughly outclassed. Mightyena has 70/90/70/60/60/70 stats. That's the same 420 BST as Azumarill, which needs Huge Power, and also such menaces as Castform and Metang. That means that its Mega form will have a BST of 520, which is the same as Aegislash, Chandelure, Exeggutor, Flygon, Klinklang, Rotom, and Starmie. Only one of these mon had what it took to survive in today's OU, and it needed spectacular typing and essentially 150/150 offensive stats and 150/150 defensive stats thanks to an amazing ability. And again, bear in mind this is in regular OU, not a meta where 520 Mightyena has to compete with a legion of powerful megas, not just as opponents on the other side, but as opponents for that slot in its own team.

Without a pseudo-statboost ability, Mightyena's not gonna be anything close to viable in this meta full of monsters. I toyed with giving it a secondary Poison type for defensive purposes and a better Poison Fang, but even then, it still gets outclassed; moreover, I really want to give Drapion Strong Jaw, and it could actually use it without being terrible in this meta, and having two Poison/Dark Strong Jaw users would be way lame.

Thus, I'm going for Fur Coat and still giving it that secondary Poison type I thought of when I was considering Strong Jaw. It won't have the same pure defense as Mega Furfrou, but it'll have amazing Attack to work with relative to that amazing bulk, so it can actually take enough hits in this meta to do something back.

---

Linoone's getting an ability that halves self-inflicted damage. By adjusting its movepool to allow certain transfer moves (you could have a viable set with no illegalities but this just makes it easier), this lets it not only use Belly Drum more reliably, but use Double Edge in addition to Extreme Speed for an even stronger attack with reduced recoil. Two Normal attacks on one set may sound nuts, but all Linoone needs is Shadow Claw to hit every mon barring Tyranitar and Bisharp neutrally, and given its need for team support anyway, I don't see this as being too hard to take care of relative to the other difficulties of getting this guy a Belly Drum.

Last edited:
Here's a view-only link to the spreadsheet I created (thanks to GG Unit for providing me with the link to the old one): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1obNbVgArg8uEmAWPBujkPXKrM6Wzv0syQfcsh-lo16M/edit?usp=sharing

It's fully updated, and I'll continue to update it at the end of each slate. If there was a tie between two or three similar winners, I looked at the posts following the winner announcement and based the combination off of the opinions of the time. I also changed a few abilities to make it easier for the coders (like Mega Snorlax now gets Arena Trap and Mega Gliscor-Y now gets Field Warp). Don't worry, I didn't change anything competitively. If you have any questions, suggestions, criticisms, edits, or any other type of feedback, just let me know

Welp, here are the winners! They’ll be added to the spreadsheet ASAP.

Delibird: JayHankEdLyon (do you think it’d be okay to just give it Wonder Guard? It’s not like it contradicts every aspect of Delibird’s flavor)
Mega Delibird
Type: Ice/Flying -> Ice/Flying
Abilities: Vital Spirit/Hustle/Insomnia ->Snow Mirage (Wonder Guard clone)
New Moves: Air Slash

HP: 45 -> 45
Atk: 55 -> 95 (+40)
Def: 45 -> 45 (+0)
SpA: 65 -> 95 (+30)
SpD: 45 -> 45 (+0)
Spe: 75 -> 105 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Shit, let’s be Santa.

Competitive Concept: Here’s the ABCs of pokemon with the same BST as Delibird: Aron, Buizel, and Chinchou. Ouch. Delibird gets Vital Spirit as a normal ability and Insomnia as a hidden ability. Delibird gets Ice/Flying defensive typing. Delibird only learns Present as it levels up. What in the fresh hell do we do with Delibird?

Well, there’s no salvageable way to let it viably take hits with 45/45/45 defenses, even if we add 50 to either stat or 100 to one; Avalugg and Cryogonal can attest to that. So instead, let’s make it so only take hits from Fire, Electric, Rock, and Steel-type attacks. Immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes works wonders, and even though it takes 50% damage from Stealth Rock, at least it has HP to take damage in the first place, unlike its neighbor Shedinja.

This gamechanging ability allows Delibird to switch in on all sorts of threats, but what does it do from there? 95/95 offenses are none too shabby, especially with the fantastic Freeze Dry, which hits the likes of Water/Ground and Water/Flying x4, on top of generally hitting Water types nice and hard. Ice Shard is nice STAB priority, and its new Air Slash gives some swell STAB Flying coverage.

But Delibird's real gift comes in its utility moves, aided by a nifty 105 speed. Choose from Rapid Spin or Defog, depending on whether you want to risk being blocked for the sake of keeping your own hazards up (fun fact: Delibird spinblocks now!). Throw down Spikes at your leisure, and Roost off Stealth Rock damage before switching if you’d like. If your team is threatened by a specific pokemon like Charizard that uses Fire, Electric, Rock, or Steel as an attack, use Destiny Bond to force it out or remove the threat from the enemy team. And, boring as it sounds, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying a good Toxic, particularly from behind an easy-to-set Substitute to avoid status attacks and the surprise coverage move.

Skarmory: JayHankEdLyon
Mega Skarmory
Type: Steel/Flying -> Steel/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Sturdy/Weak Armor ->Weak Armor
New Moves: No

HP: 45 -> 65
Atk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Def: 140 -> 140 (+0)
SpA: 40 -> 40 (+0)
SpD: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Spe: 70 -> 110 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Skarmory sleekens.

Competitive Concept: Skarmory is already an incredible defensive force, and I wanted to give it a different role. Despite having the same amount of bulk (in fact, even more thanks to a Special Defense boost), Weak Armor encourages it to invest offensively. Skarmory already gets Swords Dance and great STAB like Brave Bird and Iron Head, and after taking one physical hit, its 110 speed is raised to sweep-capable heights.

That’s. That’s really it. Pretty self-explanatory.

Stantler: Mega Mantine
Mega Stantler (Stantlerite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Ghost
Abilities: Intimidate, Frisk (Sap Sipper) -> Prankster
New Moves: Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Will-O-Wisp

HP: 73 -> 73
Atk: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Def: 62 -> 82 (+20)
SpA: 85 -> 85
SpD: 65 -> 100 (+35)
Spe: 85 -> 110 (+25)
BST: 465 -> 565

The type combo of Normal/Ghost is unique and comes with many benefits - immunities to Ghost and Fighting, two great types that have otherwise perfect neutral coverage, as well as a sole weakness to Dark. Of course, a Dark Weakness is significant, but with Will-o-Wisp it can cripple physical Dark types (most are) and avoid Sucker Punch completely.

Hitmontop: Mega Mantine
Mega Hitmontop (Hitmontopite)
Type: Fighting -> Fighting
Abilities: Intimidate, Technician (Steadfast) -> Guts
New Moves: Knock Off

HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Def: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpA: 35 -> 35
SpD: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Spe: 70 -> 80 (+10)
BST: 450 -> 550

Guts is in a way both an offensive and defensive ability, allowing Hitmontop to absorb status for teammates while also increasing its damage output. Knock Off allows it to hit ghosts and is another great utility move for it.

This commences the submission period for Miltank, Suicune, Mightyena, and Linoone.

Miltank (Miltankite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Abilities: Thick Fat, Scrappy (Sap Sipper) -> Natural Cure
New Moves: Wish

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Def: 105 -> 145 (+40)
SpA: 40 -> 40
Spe: 100 -> 110 (+10)
BST: 490 -> 590

Miltank makes an even better cleric, like a physical version of Blissey.

Suicune (Suicunite)
Type: Water -> Water
Abilities: Pressure (Water Absorb) -> Water Absorb
New Moves: none

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Def: 115 -> 145 (+30)
SpA: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpD: 115 -> 135 (+20)
Spe: 85 -> 95 (+10)
BST: 580 -> 680

Mightyena (Mighyenite)
Type: Dark -> Dark
Abilities: Intimidate, Quick Feet (Moxie) -> Huge Power
New Moves: Swords Dance, Pursuit

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Def: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 60 -> 90 (+30)
BST: 420 -> 520

Mightyena is certainly mighty. As the strongest user of Huge Power, this vicious hunter has only one issue: 4MSS. It wants to run Swords Dance to set up, Sucker Punch for priority, Crunch for reliable STAB, Play Rough and Fire Fang for coverage, and still has other options like Taunt and Pursuit.

+2 252 Atk Huge Power Mightyena Cunch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 312-367 (88.6 - 104.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Huge Power Mightyena Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 298-352 (70.9 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Huge Power Mightyena Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Linoone (Linoonite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Electric
Abilities: Pickup, Gluttony (Quick Feet) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Wild Charge, Double-Edge

HP: 78 -> 78
Atk: 70 -> 130 (+60)
Def: 61 -> 71 (+10)
SpA: 50 -> 50
SpD: 61 -> 71 (+10)
Spe: 100 -> 120 (+20)

Linoone strikes like lightning with Belly Drum and Extremespeed. A unique typing provides it with resistances to Flying, Electric, and Steel at the cost of a weakness to Ground. More importantly, it doesn't fear Talonflame one bit. Once it sets up, it's nearly unstoppable:

+6 252+ Atk Tough Claws Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 487-574 (115.9 - 136.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Tough Claws Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 511-603 (129.6 - 153%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Tough Claws Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 468-552 (132.2 - 155.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 308-364 (78.1 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tough Claws Linoone Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 189-223 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It needs to run Seed Bomb to get around Quagsire, and Clefable can stall it out due to recoil from Wild Charge.

Last edited:
Ability: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper -> Pixilate

Def: 105 -> 135 (+30)
SpD: 70 -> 100 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Miltank becomes very Fairy-like

Competitive Concept: An excellent utilitymon capable of doing work for all playstyles. Mega Miltank can take the role of clericand general annoyer with a moveset of Heal Bell/Knock Off/Body Slam/ Milk Drink. Body Slam is unblockable due to Pixilate, and can spread paralysis even to Ghost- and Ground-types. Miltank still has its counters in the likes of Rocky Helmet Skarmory and Iron Barbs Ferrothorn, however. It's also taken out by powerful Poison- and Steel-type moves.
Type: Normal -> Normal
Ability: Pickup/Gluttony/Quick Feet -> Survival (When this Pokemon has 50% HP or less, both of its defenses double)
New Moves: None

Atk: 70 -> 120 (+50)
Def: 61 -> 81 (+20)
SpD: 61 -> 81 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Mega Linoone goes into Survival mode when it loses half its HP.

Competitive Concept: The only user of BellySpeed (bar Smeargle lol) gets a huge Attack boost in addition to a useful ability. A Linoone at half HP with Survival has just as much attack survivability as one at full health. ESpeed/Play Rough/Shadow Claw provides perfect coverage and can decimate entire teams at +6.
Type: Dark -> Dark/Fighting
Ability: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Close Combat, U-Turn

Atk: 90 -> 122 (+32)
Def: 70 -> 70
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 70 -> 128 (+58)

Flavor Concept: Tough Claws, Fighting type, and Close Combat because it’s a hyena. U-Turn because why not.

Competitive Concept: Physical Mega Manectric, pretty much. Mega Mightyena can deal heavy damage with Close Combat before U-Turning out to remove the lowered stats. Sucker Punch is a neat STAB priority contact move, capable of tearing apart offensive teams. Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Play Rough, and Iron Tail can be used for coverage can be used for coverage. Also, lol at the speed to beat Talonflame with Sucker Punch.

Last edited:
nightsitter, definitely can go with Wonder Guard. I like the name Snow Mirage a lot, but probably not worth any hassle that takes more than two seconds of the programmers' time. Thanks, guys!
Mega Miltank
Abilities: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper -> Unaware

Atk: 80 -> 100 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Miltank gets a fancy bell and a farmer’s hat, and holds a flask full of what we can assume is milk.

Competitive Concept: Miltank is such a weird mon: bulky with a great utility movepool, but also incredibly fast for a defensive mon, and with a usable attack stat to boot. Unfortunately, her odd stats are good, but hardly great, and she’s languished in lower tiers in place of more specialized options (lack of Wish is just icing on the cake of mediocrity).

Well, Mega Miltank isn’t gonna stand by and take that. Now that she’s Unaware of her surroundings, her new 95/135/100 defenses aren’t going down without a fight. Milk Drink and Heal Bell keep her alive and the team refreshed, and thanks to her great 120 speed (for such a bulky mon, at least), she can actually get the jump on a few threats and keep their speed down permanently with her nifty STAB Body Slam and the new, ever-handy Knock Off. Or, if you’d like, disregard her gift of speed and go for Curse to amp up her damage output and make her borderline invincible to physical threats.

Mega Suicune should wait until later, but regardless should get Water Absorb to match its fellow beasts.
Mega Migtyena
Type: Dark -> Dark/Poison
Abilities: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie -> Fur Coat
New Moves: Hone Claws (how does it not get Hone Claws?)

Atk: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Def: 70 -> 70 (+0)
SpA: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Mightyena’s entire body is covered by that coarse black mane it’s got going on. Its sideburns now droop to the floor.

Competitive Concept: Mightyena may be begging for Strong Jaw, particularly thanks to the new Dark/Poison typing I gave it, but its stats are just too low to make it viable in a world where Mega Sharpedo will likely outclass it in every meaningful stat. Plus, I really want to give Strong Jaw to Drapion, which would also outclass Mega Mightyena, particularly as (if this submission wins) both have the same typing.

No, Mightyena’s a whole other beast. Fur Coat is a great defensive ability, but Mightyena has a different agenda: boost that 130 attack stat with Hone Claws and finally have the last laugh! Dark/Poison typing is magnificent defensively, and STAB Poison Fang has a respectable 75 BP with a 50% chance for Toxic damage (Strong Jaw would make it stronger, but Mightyena wouldn’t last long enough to care). Play Rough is a great coverage choice, and has great synergy with Hone Claws for its trollish accuracy and Fur Coat for its chance to lower the opponent’s attack.

Crunch versus Sucker Punch is a tough choice. The former is more reliable and can be used more, which is great for a tank like Mightyena (there’s a sentence I never thought I’d type). However, Sucker Punch patches up that middling 110 speed (middling in this meta, at least). If you can’t choose, you can always choose both, sacrificing coverage for power and priority.

Fur Coat may make Mega Mightyena tough to take down, particularly when it’s only weak to Ground, but its Special Defense is still paltry, and its only boosting move is Hone Claws (I toyed with Swords Dance or Bulk Up, but didn’t want to go too far with such a great ability and typing). Moreover, basic coverage options like Fighting or Ground elude Mightyena’s crap movepool. But it still has two major boons with Fur Coat and Poison, and with the right master, it can really take a bite out of this meta.

Just not with Strong Jaw.

Mega Linoone
Abilities: Pick Up/Gluttony/Quick Feet -> Resilient (Self-inflicted damage is halved)
New Moves: Extreme Speed (transfer only, and even then, only from Pokemon Box or something, let’s just make it an egg move and simplify things), Double Edge (another transfer-only)

Def: 61 -> 76 (+15)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (+0)
SpD: 61 -> 76 (+15)

Flavor Concept: Linoone regains Zigzagoon’s bandit mask and spiky fur, but it’s sleeker to match its speed.

Competitive Concept: Linoone has always been defined in the meta by Belly Drum Extreme Speed, a high-risk, high-reward monster in the lower tiers. But transferring Extreme Speed is harder than ever, and power creep has left the raccoon in the dust.

It may seem impossible to make a Belly Drummer viable without a Sitrus Berry in its corner, but nothing is impossible when you get to invent new abilities! Thus, we have Resilient, a fun new toy that halves all self-inflicted damage. Now that Belly Drum only takes a quarter of Linoone’s HP, and while it still struggles to set up without help (78/76/76 bulk with Normal typing leaves a lot to be desired), it packs an even greater punch than before with 120 attack. Moreover, that 120 Speed lets it outspeed far more threats with its non-priority coverage option, Shadow Claw: thanks to Gen VI’s mechanics, Normal/Ghost hits all but Tyranitar and Bisharp. Sadly, Linoone’s best option for them is either Dig or Rock Smash, but Play Rough at least hits them neutrally and offers nice coverage otherwise.

Or, you could take advantage of halved recoil damage and fill in Linoone’s third slot with Double Edge for a slower, but so much stronger alternative to Extreme Speed for threats you outpace. Extreme Speed/Shadow Claw/Double Edge/Belly Drum may not look special, and it may be rough to find space to drum that belly even with Linoone’s great new ability, but play your cards right and this masked menace will work wonders.

Abilities: Pressure (Water Absorb) -> Dry Skin
New Moves: Freeze Dry

Atk: 75 -> 75 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 115 -> 165 (+50)
Spe: 85 -> 65 (-20)

Concept: I thought Suicune might need help to regain its former glory as a major contender. I have no idea if its contending is now too good, but Freeze Dry/Scald is an excellent coverage set.

Ability: Pickup/Gluttony/Quick Feet -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Close Combat

Atk: 70 -> 105 (+35)
Def: 61 -> 85 (+24)
SpD: 61 -> 85 (+24)
Spe: 100 -> 117 (+17)

Flavor Concept: Mega Linoone goes into the shadows, like the sneaky racoon that it is. It's not evil, just very shadowy, like a sneak... a Shadow Sneak if you will.

Concept: Not much to it, really. Drum Up and go to town on everything with your coveted dual priority STAB. Close Combat deals with everything that otherwise resists it (Tyranitar and Bisharp mostly.)

Type: Dark -> Dark/Normal
Abilities: Intimidate, Quick Feet (Moxie) -> Pure Power

Atk: 90 -> 90
Def: 70 -> 105 (+35)
SpD: 60 -> 95 (+35)
Spe: 70 -> 100 (+30)

With only howl to boost with, purified, normalized Mightyena only has the baitable Sucker Punch to abuse priority with. Think of its ability like a glorified, unlocked Choice Band. Mighty's actual attack stat doesn't even go up.

It'll hit hard, but it'll be rather predictable. A defensive Heatran can get in and burn it without dying most of the time.

As can Weezing:
252+ Atk Pure Power Mightyena Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 142-168 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Mightyena is pretty much a glorified Choice Bander, hitting things it can get in on and cause damage to, but being forced out by defensive burners.

It has checks like Mega Venusaur.

Have I mentioned that Mega Yena thing has a terrible boosting move, no increase to Atk and no moves with a power greater than 90 worth using?

Type: Normal -> Normal/Ground
Abilities: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper -> Sap Sipper
New Moves: Knock Off, Horn Leech

SpD: 70 -> 120 (+50)
Spe: 100 -> 80 (-20)

Concept: Fat fat fat cow! So fat it loses speed. Once you're a fat sack of udder worthlessness you can keep eating more grass. Eat more grass, make Venusaur cry that he can only hit NVE with his dual STAB.

Last edited:
Argh, I put a note on nightsitter's wall, but I guess I'll rewrite it here now instead thanks to Dilasc's submission.

Do not give Miltank Rapid Spin, please. Rapid Spin means she can, in standard form, have Scrappy Spin, which gives her a fantastic niche that dramatically improves her standard's viability. Especially given we can have one mega per team, why would you waste that slot on a Mega that boasts unblockable spin when you can just use standard Miltank?

Even beyond Scrappy, she'd be a spinner that can use Heal Bell for the team, Milk Drink on herself, and has pretty decent stats. Probably best hazard control in the game, or up there at least. And given the point of this meta is to improve mons via megas, not to improve their standard forms into viability, it's just not the best idea.

Also, Dilasc, that Mightyena is broken as hell. 135 Attack with Pure Power? With Swords Dance and Extremespeed (and Sucker Punch, lest we forget)? Really, how would you not think that isn't broken? You're smarter than this.

This looks cool! I want to try to make my own mega, but it seems like a bunch of them have already been taken :v is there a list of Pokemon that still need megas?

This looks cool! I want to try to make my own mega, but it seems like a bunch of them have already been taken :v is there a list of Pokemon that still need megas?
Pokémon are done in groups of three or four. Right now, the slate of Pokémon for which you can design Megas is Suicune, Linoone, Mightyena, and Miltank. Feel free to submit for those.

Mega Mightyena
Abilities: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie -> Rallying Cry (Attack version of Speed Boost)
New Moves: Pursuit

Atk: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Def: 70 -> 95 (+25)
SpD: 60 -> 85 (+20)
Spe: 70 -> 95 (+25)

Mega Mightyena stacks the Sucker Punch prediction game even further in its favor; each turn you try to stall makes it even stronger. A typical strategy for playing around Bisharp is to bring in a Pokemon with Will-o-Wisp as it Sucker Punches and burn it the following turn. Against Mega Mightyena, this isn't a full stop since the two turns of Rallying Cry boosts would nullify the burn, leaving MM to continue dishing out strong hits.

Seemingly the Pokemon for which the move Howl was created in Gen III, its ability is functionally a Howl after each turn. It can be an all-out attacker or try to accumulate many boosts with the aid of moves like Protect, Substitute, Roar, Yawn and Taunt. Pursuit is added because it hunts in packs and can punish anything that tries to switch out from Sucker Punch.

If Mega Mightyena comes in to revenge something that is KOed by Sucker Punch, stacking 3-4 boosts is entirely possible since correctly predicting a switch can net you a Substitute and +1 Attack (or you could even heavily damage a Dark or Fighting switch-in with Play Rough), which might necessitate yet another switch.

Mega Linoone
Abilities: Pickup/Gluttony/Quick Feet -> Fur Coat

Def: 61 -> 86 (+25)
SpD: 61 -> 86 (+25)
Spe: 100 -> 115 (+15)

Mega Linoone has Picked Up enough shiny objects to accent its striped fur and make a pretty snazzy outfit. This fur coat makes setting up and avoiding revenge kills much easier:

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Linoone: 133-157 (39.4 - 46.5%)

It's a good thing setting up against OU physical attackers is doable for Mega Linnone, because it's entirely geared for the Belly Drum sweep. Unboosted, it doesn't have the movepool or the raw stats to rip through teams.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Mega Miltank
Typing: Same
Ability: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper --> Serene Grace
Stats: 95/80/105/40/70/100 --> 95/110/135/50/100/100

Whitney's Miltank has come to take revenge on the souls it has tormented in the early 2000s. It is a quite bulky physical attacker who can really deal a nice amount of damage. It has some really nice options to use such as Serene Grace Body Slam and if you feel like doing some Parahax shenanigans, then Stomp + Thunder Wave/Body Slam (Dizzy Punch for added rage) a will be your best friend. It's also a really nice wall and cleric, with a pretty good speed tier that helps against taunt and good bulk on both sides, and the ability to fight back, Mega Miltank can really be a nice celric. Although Mega Miltank doesn't have everything good going for it, it's new tatics are worthless against Ghost types, and unless for some reason you view Punishment as a good move, then it has no ways to attack them back. Also, if you know the set its using it can be rather predictable. Mega Miltank is still great nonetheless

Mega Mightyena
Ability: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie --> Strong Jaw
Stats: 70/90/70/60/60/70 --> 70/135/80/60/70/95

Mega Mightyena, known as the bite Pokemon, now holds up to that name. With a STAB Strong Jaw boosted Crunch coming of its great base 135 attack is quite powerful. It's all got some pretty nice coverage in the form of the Elemental Fangs and Play Rough. It's also got access to SP while it's not as powerful as Crunch, it does give it a great priority option, and with Moxie before Mega Evolving, itcan help it get a attack boost if you don't want to run Howl. It's Speed tier, while not exactly the best, can also help it outspeed some threats in the metagame.

Mega Linoone
Ability: Pickup/Gluttony/Quick Feet --> Tough Claws
Stats: 78/70/61/50/61/100 --> 78/100/81/50/81/110
New Moves: Brick Break,

Arceus has taken Linoone out of obscurity by giving it the secret of Ekilling. It can be a very threatening sweeper when it gets its Belly Drum up, topped with Tough Claws. It's also got Shadow Claw and Brick Break for nice coverage for Extreme Speed, being only walled by Mega Stantler and Mega Watchog. Although Mega Linoone doesn't have everything poistive going for it. For one, it is extremely predictable, seriously you are most likely going to know its going to use that set. It also doesn't like Unaware users, or as I said earlier, Mega Stantler and Mega Watchog. It's still a threat nontheless

Mega Miltank
Typing:Normal ---> Normal/Rock
Ability: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper --> Rollin' (Rollout and clones inflicts damage over five turns, the base power gets tripled (*3) instead of doubled)
95/80/105/40/70/100 --> 95/110/135/50/85/125

I don't need to explain this.

you guys are going over older pokemon? I thought you finished the dex :o
We skipped Hoenn under the assumption that GF would create several megas for 3rd gen Pokemon in ORAS. As for the others, some previous winners were rejected due to being completely unviable or extremely broken. The last few were due to confusion about Pokemon with different formes or counterparts.

Also, I removed Rapid Spin from Miltank and added Knock Off. I forgot how the changed mechanics of Defog skyrocketed Mandibuzz from NU to OU

Mega Miltank

Normal ----> Normal

Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper ----> Simple

95/80/105/40/70/100 ----> 95/110/125/40/110/110 (--/+30/+20/--/+40/+10)

Mega Miltank is a very versatile Pokemon, capable of going offensive or defensive. Simple allows all its status-changing moves to have doubled the effect, meaning that Mega Miltank can use many different moves effectively, such as Curse, Power-Up Punch, and Work Up. The increase in stats allows it to wall hits better, while also dealing more damage to opponents.

Last edited:
I hate to bring this up again, but it looks like I have to do it: Please refrain from creating complex or unnecessary abilities.

To address the first one, ask yourself two questions:
  • Does my new ability only have one effect? (Amplifier, Dimensional Warp)
  • Is my new ability a near-replica of an already-existing ability? (Purify, Ignate)
If the answer to at least of the above questions is yes, then go right on ahead. If both are yes (Paint Shield, Scarecrow), then that's even better.

Necessity is a little more difficult to address. Try to avoid creating exact clones of already existing abilities, even if it's for better flavor. Furthermore, if an already-existing ability would work just fine for a mega you're creating, don't bother creating a new one. This especially applies to new abilities with such similar effects to old ones that we might as well just keep the old ones. Some examples of abilities that we could've done without include Tempest (so many other abilities would've worked fine, so what's the point of an auto-attack ability?), Clear Sky (why not just Air Lock or Cloud Nine?), and Storm Force (I'm sure Mega Dragonite would be viable with any ability; Storm Force might even render it broken).

Here's a comprehensive document that lists and describes all of the abilities created thus far in the MFA project. Please check it for ideas before creating an entirely new ability. If you notice any mistakes, let me know so I can correct them.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ll23AWoUJDipsZgh3ryiMcU7LuIXMXVkymCwui0MLAA/edit?usp=sharing

Some examples of abilities that we could've done without include Tempest (so many other abilities would've worked fine, so what's the point of an auto-attack ability?)
To make it stand out from all the other Dragons that have 100+ BST more than Dragalge, better coverage, boosting moves, recovery moves, etc. Something like Adaptability or Corrosion would not have bumped that thing all the way up from NU.

To make it stand out from all the other Dragons that have 100+ BST more than Dragalge, better coverage, boosting moves, recovery moves, etc. Something like Adaptability or Corrosion would not have bumped that thing all the way up from NU.
My Priority Dragon ability would also do it, and has precedence in Gale Wings. We've got to weigh that against democracy, though, and the votes went to auto-Twister.

After this is all done, perhaps we'll tone down auto-move abilities, which are based on Intimidate being auto-Growl, and Imposter being auto-Transform. I personally have come to think offensive auto-moves are a bit much, and I'm saying this as a guy who made auto-Pluck, which is arguably way more broken than auto-Twister (more super-effective coverage, no immunities, more BP). Still, I say we go over that in post-slate review, and just try to keep things sane until then.

Clear Sky (why not just Air Lock or Cloud Nine?)
It's because Clear Sky completely ends the weather, instead of just negating the effects when the user (Mega Drifblim, Mega Rotom-S) is on the field, Which means they can immediately switch into pokes that are disadvantaged under the weather afterwards, rather than waiting for it to end.

On the other hand, maybe all we have to do is wait with Clear Sky. I'm still hoping there's a Primal Rayquaza and its ability does something similar to that. Then all we need to do is give it that.

Alas, here's the slate. I'll talk about my opinion of abilities later (I have stuff to say but I want to wait a bit to say it.) As usual, PM nightsitter your top three. You should probably only vote for one Suicune.

Current Slate

Miltank (Miltankite)
Abilities: Thick Fat, Scrappy (Sap Sipper) -> Natural Cure
New Moves: Wish

Def: 105 -> 145 (+40)
BST: 490 -> 590

Miltank makes an even better cleric, like a physical version of Blissey.

Mega Miltank
Ability: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper -> Pixilate

Flavor Concept: Miltank becomes very Fairy-like

Competitive Concept: An excellent utilitymon capable of doing work for all playstyles. Mega Miltank can take the role of clericand general annoyer with a moveset of Heal Bell/Knock Off/Body Slam/ Milk Drink. Body Slam is unblockable due to Pixilate, and can spread paralysis even to Ghost- and Ground-types. Miltank still has its counters in the likes of Rocky Helmet Skarmory and Iron Barbs Ferrothorn, however. It's also taken out by powerful Poison- and Steel-type moves.

Mega Miltank
Abilities: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper -> Unaware

Atk: 80 -> 100 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Miltank gets a fancy bell and a farmer’s hat, and holds a flask full of what we can assume is milk.

Competitive Concept: Miltank is such a weird mon: bulky with a great utility movepool, but also incredibly fast for a defensive mon, and with a usable attack stat to boot. Unfortunately, her odd stats are good, but hardly great, and she’s languished in lower tiers in place of more specialized options (lack of Wish is just icing on the cake of mediocrity).

Well, Mega Miltank isn’t gonna stand by and take that. Now that she’s Unaware of her surroundings, her new 95/135/100 defenses aren’t going down without a fight. Milk Drink and Heal Bell keep her alive and the team refreshed, and thanks to her great 120 speed (for such a bulky mon, at least), she can actually get the jump on a few threats and keep their speed down permanently with her nifty STAB Body Slam and the new, ever-handy Knock Off. Or, if you’d like, disregard her gift of speed and go for Curse to amp up her damage output and make her borderline invincible to physical threats.

Miltank
Type: Normal -> Normal/Ground
Abilities: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper -> Sap Sipper
New Moves: Knock Off, Horn Leech

SpD: 70 -> 120 (+50)
Spe: 100 -> 80 (-20)

Concept: Fat fat fat cow! So fat it loses speed. Once you're a fat sack of udder worthlessness you can keep eating more grass. Eat more grass, make Venusaur cry that he can only hit NVE with his dual STAB.

Mega Miltank
Ability: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper --> Serene Grace
Stats: 95/80/105/40/70/100 --> 95/110/135/50/100/100

Whitney's Miltank has come to take revenge on the souls it has tormented in the early 2000s. It is a quite bulky physical attacker who can really deal a nice amount of damage. It has some really nice options to use such as Serene Grace Body Slam and if you feel like doing some Parahax shenanigans, then Stomp + Thunder Wave/Body Slam (Dizzy Punch for added rage) a will be your best friend. It's also a really nice wall and cleric, with a pretty good speed tier that helps against taunt and good bulk on both sides, and the ability to fight back, Mega Miltank can really be a nice celric. Although Mega Miltank doesn't have everything good going for it, it's new tatics are worthless against Ghost types, and unless for some reason you view Punishment as a good move, then it has no ways to attack them back. Also, if you know the set its using it can be rather predictable. Mega Miltank is still great nonetheless

Mega Miltank
Typing:Normal ---> Normal/Rock
Ability: Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper --> Rollin' (Rollout and clones inflicts damage over five turns, the base power gets tripled (*3) instead of doubled)
95/80/105/40/70/100 --> 95/110/135/50/85/125

Whitney

I don't need to explain this

Mega Miltank

Normal ----> Normal

Thick Fat/Scrappy/Sap Sipper ----> Simple

95/80/105/40/70/100 ----> 95/110/125/40/110/110 (--/+30/+20/--/+40/+10)

Mega Miltank is a very versatile Pokemon, capable of going offensive or defensive. Simple allows all its status-changing moves to have doubled the effect, meaning that Mega Miltank can use many different moves effectively, such as Curse, Power-Up Punch, and Work Up. The increase in stats allows it to wall hits better, while also dealing more damage to opponents.

Suicune (Suicunite)
Abilities: Pressure (Water Absorb) -> Water Absorb
New Moves: none

Atk: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpD: 115 -> 135 (+20)
Spe: 85 -> 95 (+10)

Suicune
Abilities: Pressure (Water Absorb) -> Dry Skin
New Moves: Freeze Dry

Atk: 75 -> 75 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 115 -> 165 (+50)
Spe: 85 -> 65 (-20)

Concept: I thought Suicune might need help to regain its former glory as a major contender. I have no idea if its contending is now too good, but Freeze Dry/Scald is an excellent coverage set.

Mightyena (Mighyenite)
Abilities: Intimidate, Quick Feet (Moxie) -> Huge Power
New Moves: Swords Dance, Pursuit

Atk: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Def: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpD: 60 -> 90 (+30)

Mightyena is certainly mighty. As the strongest user of Huge Power, this vicious hunter has only one issue: 4MSS. It wants to run Swords Dance to set up, Sucker Punch for priority, Crunch for reliable STAB, Play Rough and Fire Fang for coverage, and still has other options like Taunt and Pursuit.

+2 252 Atk Huge Power Mightyena Cunch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 312-367 (88.6 - 104.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Huge Power Mightyena Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 298-352 (70.9 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Huge Power Mightyena Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mega Mightyena
Type: Dark -> Dark/Fighting
Ability: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Close Combat, U-Turn

Atk: 90 -> 122 (+32)
Def: 70 -> 70
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 70 -> 128 (+58)

Flavor Concept: Tough Claws, Fighting type, and Close Combat because it’s a hyena. U-Turn because why not.

Competitive Concept: Physical Mega Manectric, pretty much. Mega Mightyena can deal heavy damage with Close Combat before U-Turning out to remove the lowered stats. Sucker Punch is a neat STAB priority contact move, capable of tearing apart offensive teams. Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Play Rough, and Iron Tail can be used for coverage can be used for coverage. Also, lol at the speed to beat Talonflame with Sucker Punch.

Mega Migtyena
Type: Dark -> Dark/Poison
Abilities: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie -> Fur Coat
New Moves: Hone Claws (how does it not get Hone Claws?)

Atk: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Def: 70 -> 70 (+0)
SpA: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpD: 60 -> 80 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Mightyena’s entire body is covered by that coarse black mane it’s got going on. Its sideburns now droop to the floor.

Competitive Concept: Mightyena may be begging for Strong Jaw, particularly thanks to the new Dark/Poison typing I gave it, but its stats are just too low to make it viable in a world where Mega Sharpedo will likely outclass it in every meaningful stat. Plus, I really want to give Strong Jaw to Drapion, which would also outclass Mega Mightyena, particularly as (if this submission wins) both have the same typing.

No, Mightyena’s a whole other beast. Fur Coat is a great defensive ability, but Mightyena has a different agenda: boost that 130 attack stat with Hone Claws and finally have the last laugh! Dark/Poison typing is magnificent defensively, and STAB Poison Fang has a respectable 75 BP with a 50% chance for Toxic damage (Strong Jaw would make it stronger, but Mightyena wouldn’t last long enough to care). Play Rough is a great coverage choice, and has great synergy with Hone Claws for its trollish accuracy and Fur Coat for its chance to lower the opponent’s attack.

Crunch versus Sucker Punch is a tough choice. The former is more reliable and can be used more, which is great for a tank like Mightyena (there’s a sentence I never thought I’d type). However, Sucker Punch patches up that middling 110 speed (middling in this meta, at least). If you can’t choose, you can always choose both, sacrificing coverage for power and priority.

Fur Coat may make Mega Mightyena tough to take down, particularly when it’s only weak to Ground, but its Special Defense is still paltry, and its only boosting move is Hone Claws (I toyed with Swords Dance or Bulk Up, but didn’t want to go too far with such a great ability and typing). Moreover, basic coverage options like Fighting or Ground elude Mightyena’s crap movepool. But it still has two major boons with Fur Coat and Poison, and with the right master, it can really take a bite out of this meta.

Just not with Strong Jaw.

Mightyena
Type: Dark -> Dark/Normal
Abilities: Intimidate, Quick Feet (Moxie) -> Pure Power

Atk: 90 -> 90
Def: 70 -> 105 (+35)
SpD: 60 -> 95 (+35)
Spe: 70 -> 100 (+30)

With only howl to boost with, purified, normalized Mightyena only has the baitable Sucker Punch to abuse priority with. Think of its ability like a glorified, unlocked Choice Band. Mighty's actual attack stat doesn't even go up.

It'll hit hard, but it'll be rather predictable. A defensive Heatran can get in and burn it without dying most of the time.

As can Weezing:
252+ Atk Pure Power Mightyena Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 142-168 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Mightyena is pretty much a glorified Choice Bander, hitting things it can get in on and cause damage to, but being forced out by defensive burners.

It has checks like Mega Venusaur.

Have I mentioned that Mega Yena thing has a terrible boosting move, no increase to Atk and no moves with a power greater than 90 worth using?

Mega Mightyena
Abilities: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie -> Rallying Cry (Attack version of Speed Boost)

Atk: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Def: 70 -> 95 (+25)
SpD: 60 -> 85 (+20)
Spe: 70 -> 95 (+25)

Mega Mightyena stacks the Sucker Punch prediction game even further in its favor; each turn you try to stall makes it even stronger. A typical strategy for playing around Bisharp is to bring in a Pokemon with Will-o-Wisp as it Sucker Punches and burn it the following turn. Against Mega Mightyena, this isn't a full stop since the two turns of Rallying Cry boosts would nullify the burn, leaving MM to continue dishing out strong hits.

Seemingly the Pokemon for which the move Howl was created in Gen III, its ability is functionally a Howl after each turn. It can be an all-out attacker or try to accumulate many boosts with the aid of moves like Protect, Substitute, Roar, Yawn and Taunt. Pursuit is added because it hunts in packs and can punish anything that tries to switch out from Sucker Punch.

If Mega Mightyena comes in to revenge something that is KOed by Sucker Punch, stacking 3-4 boosts is entirely possible since correctly predicting a switch can net you a Substitute and +1 Attack (or you could even heavily damage a Dark or Fighting switch-in with Play Rough), which might necessitate yet another switch.

Mega Mightyena
Ability: Intimidate/Quick Feet/Moxie --> Strong Jaw
Stats: 70/90/70/60/60/70 --> 70/135/80/60/70/95

Mega Mightyena, known as the bite Pokemon, now holds up to that name. With a STAB Strong Jaw boosted Crunch coming of its great base 135 attack is quite powerful. It's all got some pretty nice coverage in the form of the Elemental Fangs and Play Rough. It's also got access to SP while it's not as powerful as Crunch, it does give it a great priority option, and with Moxie before Mega Evolving, itcan help it get a attack boost if you don't want to run Howl. It's Speed tier, while not exactly the best, can also help it outspeed some threats in the metagame.

Linoone (Linoonite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Electric
Abilities: Pickup, Gluttony (Quick Feet) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Wild Charge, Double-Edge

Atk: 70 -> 130 (+60)
Def: 61 -> 71 (+10)
SpD: 61 -> 71 (+10)

Linoone strikes like lightning with Belly Drum and Extremespeed. A unique typing provides it with resistances to Flying, Electric, and Steel at the cost of a weakness to Ground. More importantly, it doesn't fear Talonflame one bit. Once it sets up, it's nearly unstoppable:

+6 252+ Atk Tough Claws Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 487-574 (115.9 - 136.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Tough Claws Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 511-603 (129.6 - 153%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Tough Claws Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 468-552 (132.2 - 155.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 308-364 (78.1 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tough Claws Linoone Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 189-223 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It needs to run Seed Bomb to get around Quagsire, and Clefable can stall it out due to recoil from Wild Charge.

Mega Linoone
Ability: Pickup/Gluttony/Quick Feet -> Survival (When this Pokemon has 50% HP or less, both of its defenses double)

Def: 61 -> 81 (+20)
SpD: 61 -> 81 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Mega Linoone goes into Survival mode when it loses half its HP.

Competitive Concept: The only user of BellySpeed (bar Smeargle lol) gets a huge Attack boost in addition to a useful ability. A Linoone at half HP with Survival has just as much attack survivability as one at full health. ESpeed/Play Rough/Shadow Claw provides perfect coverage and can decimate entire teams at +6.

Mega Linoone
Abilities: Pick Up/Gluttony/Quick Feet -> Resilient (Self-inflicted damage is halved)
New Moves: Extreme Speed (transfer only, and even then, only from Pokemon Box or something, let’s just make it an egg move and simplify things), Double Edge (another transfer-only)

Def: 61 -> 76 (+15)
SpA: 50 -> 50 (+0)
SpD: 61 -> 76 (+15)

Flavor Concept: Linoone regains Zigzagoon’s bandit mask and spiky fur, but it’s sleeker to match its speed.

Competitive Concept: Linoone has always been defined in the meta by Belly Drum Extreme Speed, a high-risk, high-reward monster in the lower tiers. But transferring Extreme Speed is harder than ever, and power creep has left the raccoon in the dust.

It may seem impossible to make a Belly Drummer viable without a Sitrus Berry in its corner, but nothing is impossible when you get to invent new abilities! Thus, we have Resilient, a fun new toy that halves all self-inflicted damage. Now that Belly Drum only takes a quarter of Linoone’s HP, and while it still struggles to set up without help (78/76/76 bulk with Normal typing leaves a lot to be desired), it packs an even greater punch than before with 120 attack. Moreover, that 120 Speed lets it outspeed far more threats with its non-priority coverage option, Shadow Claw: thanks to Gen VI’s mechanics, Normal/Ghost hits all but Tyranitar and Bisharp. Sadly, Linoone’s best option for them is either Dig or Rock Smash, but Play Rough at least hits them neutrally and offers nice coverage otherwise.

Or, you could take advantage of halved recoil damage and fill in Linoone’s third slot with Double Edge for a slower, but so much stronger alternative to Extreme Speed for threats you outpace. Extreme Speed/Shadow Claw/Double Edge/Belly Drum may not look special, and it may be rough to find space to drum that belly even with Linoone’s great new ability, but play your cards right and this masked menace will work wonders.

Mega Linoone
Ability: Pickup/Gluttony/Quick Feet -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Close Combat

Def: 61 -> 85 (+24)
SpD: 61 -> 85 (+24)
Spe: 100 -> 117 (+17)

Flavor Concept: Mega Linoone goes into the shadows, like the sneaky racoon that it is. It's not evil, just very shadowy, like a sneak... a Shadow Sneak if you will.

Concept: Not much to it, really. Drum Up and go to town on everything with your coveted dual priority STAB. Close Combat deals with everything that otherwise resists it (Tyranitar and Bisharp mostly.)

Mega Linoone
Abilities: Pickup/Gluttony/Quick Feet -> Fur Coat

Def: 61 -> 86 (+25)
SpD: 61 -> 86 (+25)
Spe: 100 -> 115 (+15)

Mega Linoone has Picked Up enough shiny objects to accent its striped fur and make a pretty snazzy outfit. This fur coat makes setting up and avoiding revenge kills much easier:

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Linoone: 133-157 (39.4 - 46.5%)

It's a good thing setting up against OU physical attackers is doable for Mega Linnone, because it's entirely geared for the Belly Drum sweep. Unboosted, it doesn't have the movepool or the raw stats to rip through teams.

Mega Linoone
Ability: Pickup/Gluttony/Quick Feet --> Tough Claws
Stats: 78/70/61/50/61/100 --> 78/100/81/50/81/110
New Moves: Brick Break,

Arceus has taken Linoone out of obscurity by giving it the secret of Ekilling. It can be a very threatening sweeper when it gets its Belly Drum up, topped with Tough Claws. It's also got Shadow Claw and Brick Break for nice coverage for Extreme Speed, being only walled by Mega Stantler and Mega Watchog. Although Mega Linoone doesn't have everything poistive going for it. For one, it is extremely predictable, seriously you are most likely going to know its going to use that set. It also doesn't like Unaware users, or as I said earlier, Mega Stantler and Mega Watchog. It's still a threat nontheless

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)