Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've updated the calc to use the version of jQuery that's hosted on PS, which fixed that problem for Arikado and hopefully anyone else who was having it. It's probably a good change anyway since that version of jQuery is newer and faster, and it means your browser only has to load jQuery from one place when you're using PS and the calc instead of from two. The only "downside" is that the calc will no longer work for people on old versions of Internet Explorer...so if you're using old versions of Internet Explorer...stop.

If you set the typing to the same type twice in a row, the double is damaged as well. This shouldn't occur because 1.) double typing of the same type does not exist and 2.) it should only account as one type.
Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 3.35.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-26 at 3.35.48 PM.png

Obviously this is super low priority, but just thought I should let you know! :).

How difficult would it be to add Leech Seed to the Damage Calculator? Maybe add it in as a hazard? That way it can account for the leech seed recovery every turn.

I think this makes sense as it already accounts for leftovers and poison heal recovery.

Of course, if this gets implemented, it would also make sense to add the Big Root in as an item.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The move list doesn't have Venoshock. Could you remedy this?
Alternatively, you can put "No Move" in the calc and adjust the power to 65/130 depending on the situation and make it a Special Poison-type move, until it is added to the calc.

Metronome is also not included
Metronome is not included because it's status and transforms into other moves, which you would put in place of Metronome itself. If you want to put Metronome in a moveset it would just be the 'no move' option.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rollout, Ice Ball, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Bone club, Bone rush and a bunch of other moves are not in the calculator.
I intentionally did not implement most competitively non-viable moves and items like Rollout and Metronome. I may eventually get around to adding them, but it's a very low priority (currently #10 on the todo list in the OP). When I have the time+motivation to work on the calc, I'd rather spend it doing things that will be useful for competitive battling, like getting the sets from 6th gen analyses imported, or implementing the mass calcs, or factoring things like Leech Seed and Berry Juice into the % chance to KO.

Last edited:
hi honko, i was told that ur working on the damage calculator. since the mods on my question about it were quite rude, how would i be able to help in the damage calculator? i dont do any programming but if u have anything u can think of to help that i could do i have free time often. i havent read through any of this so idk wats been mentioned yet

Honko

he of many honks
hi honko, i was told that ur working on the damage calculator. since the mods on my question about it were quite rude, how would i be able to help in the damage calculator? i dont do any programming but if u have anything u can think of to help that i could do i have free time often. i havent read through any of this so idk wats been mentioned yet
Thanks for the offer, but I can't think of anything I need help with directly on the calculator. All of the things I want to add require programming, and I already have a rough idea of how I will do them, it's just a question of when I have the free time+motivation to get around to it. The simplest thing anyone can do to improve the calculator is to help out with the analyses that go on-site so that the calculator can have accurate sets for every Pokemon.

I have observed that, when calculating Mega Gyarados vs Mega Venusaur, Mold Breaker does not seem to be taken into account. In this case, Ice Fang is not neutered by Thick Fat. The standard sets (OU Mega Dragon Dance vs OU Offensive) have Ice Fang doing 41.2%-49% regardless of whether Mold Breaker is set as M. Gyara's ability.

I have observed that, when calculating Mega Gyarados vs Mega Venusaur, Mold Breaker does not seem to be taken into account. In this case, Ice Fang is not neutered by Thick Fat. The standard sets (OU Mega Dragon Dance vs OU Offensive) have Ice Fang doing 41.2%-49% regardless of whether Mold Breaker is set as M. Gyara's ability.
That might be something wrong on your end. I just ran the same calculation after changing Mega Gyarados's ability to Mega Launcher (the next ability up, alphabetically) and got 21.1 - 25%, so it seems to be working just fine for me.

That might be something wrong on your end. I just ran the same calculation after changing Mega Gyarados's ability to Mega Launcher (the next ability up, alphabetically) and got 21.1 - 25%, so it seems to be working just fine for me.
Ah - thanks for the help. I'll try on a different browser session and see if it repeats, as I conducted the same test as you.

Honko

he of many honks
The RBY bug where screens can cause a stat rollover is not implemented (the bug continued in GSC, but it's implemented properly there).
Do you have a source for that bug existing in RBY? upokecenter says screens are implemented by multiplying the defense by 2 and then dividing by 4 (while just dividing the attack by 4). It seems reasonable that the multiplying by 2 might cause rollover but I'd like to be sure before I change it. Thanks!

Do you have a source for that bug existing in RBY? upokecenter says screens are implemented by multiplying the defense by 2 and then dividing by 4 (while just dividing the attack by 4). It seems reasonable that the multiplying by 2 might cause rollover but I'd like to be sure before I change it. Thanks!
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/attacks/comp/statmods.htm <- a couple of pages from the bottom.

I don't actually have a Pokemon R/B cartridge, but I could see about replicating it in emulator if you want.

Tested in an emulator; my 173 Def Cloyster takes 5x more damage from a wild Onix's Rage when at +4 Defense and behind Reflect ("1166" Defense) than it does at +3 Defense behind Reflect (972 Defense). Definitely some sort of rollover going on.

Now, Showdown itself doesn't seem to have implemented this properly yet (I'm about to report it there as well) but Showdown's implementation of RBY mechanics is currently significantly more shit than your calculator so w/e.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)