Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Mega-swampert
PO/PS! Username: alphabeta4
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+10 4pm-6pm on weekdays. On weekends, I don't really have a schedule
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a teenager who recently got into competitive battling. It's fun, so I'm trying to learn more
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Only IRC, not Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: PincherD
PO/PS! Username: PincherD, I sadly don't have PO atm... though. I mainly use Showdown.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: It varies sadly. But usually, I'm available everyday around 6-11 PM EST.
What tier do you want to learn?: I wouldn't mind familiarizing myself with every tier..., but my main three are XY OU, NU, and PU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Mechanical Engineering Major from NJ. I live on campus at NJIT. And I love to play music, the tuba specificly.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype and IRC are fine. Skype is preferred personally, since voice-chat is comfortable for me. :]
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.
You have less than 25 posts, why should we pick you over anyone else with more posts than you?: I really want to get to know people who contribute a lot to the forum and just posting on the forum isn't enough for me to really get to know someone. I have joined other forums and I learned more about my current friends from the Skype Chats we have with each other than on the actual forum. Also, I feel like I could contribute a lot more to this forum if I get better at the game, like in tournies/tours, CAP projects, (which I really love to help out with at some point), and what could see more use in the meta.

Last edited:
Username: Mobkinz78
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mobkinz78
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Timezone is EST/EDT. Varies dayly. Monday & Wednesday ~2:30, Tuesdays anywhere from 2:30 - 5, Thursdays 5 - 6, Fridays 2:30 - 6, Weekends don't matter.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: I found a club at my high school and there are a few people who play competitive Pokemon there. I'm familiar with EV/IV and would like to sharpen my skills in overall competitive battling so I can be a better challenge for the other people, and would like to get better myself.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 89 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, but would gladly give it to someone else if they want it more than I (I'm like 'sure' on it. I mean someone who would be like "YEA TOTALLY WANT TO" kind of thing).
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype is highly preferred.

Since I have less than 25 posts: I want to be tutored so I can be on the same level as the people at my school who enjoy this as well, and would like to sharpen my skills.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: QuoteCS
PO/PS! Username: QuoteCS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, Available 6pm - 3am everyday, sometimes more open than that depending on what happens.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently an IT student that loves video games (What a surprise!). Even though I've been playing competitively for a long time, I've honestly never been good, but I want to start out with my absolute favourite meta, Little Cup.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I already use both all the time, so yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, and I agree to it.

I know this said not to request tutors unless they approved of me, but macle agreed to tutor me in LC.

Username: Raijiin
PO/PS! Username: LightningG
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Between 4pm-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student and enjoy making new friends. My favorite videogame series besides Pokemon are the Kirbhy series.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both, but I prefer IRC
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
Why should I be tutored: I was into battling back at Gen IV, but the double generation shift really put me out of shape. I am willing to learn all I can about this new gen's metagame, and make some new friends along the way

Username: Glaedrix
PO/PS! Username: Glaedric
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Indian Standard Time (GMT + 5.5), Saturday 3 PM - 4PM IST (10 : 30 - 12 : 00 GMT) & Sunday, 10 AM - 10 PM IST (4:30 AM- 4:30 PM GMT)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm a 13 year old who wants to become a software engineer when he grows up. I started playing pokemon when I first saw my cousin play it when I was 6. I just want to improve my skills in battling. I also try to make a lot of jokes which nobody laughs at :P
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC :)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited:
SKIPPED ROUND 87 AND HAD COMPLETELY INACTIVE TUTOR ROUND 88

Username
: Salt
PO/PS! Username: Salt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (US EST) after 5:00 PM most weekdays, free on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm someone who regularly posts in CAP. I want to get better at OU to contribute with higher quality.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC only

Username: Saleem S
PO/PS! Username: ferrs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30, PMs and sometime AMs
What tier do you want to learn?: BW & BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a fun loving person and have been recently introduced to pokemon. I Like the pokemon Kabutops, Druddigon and Emboar and I would like to learn Rarely Used Tier.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC and Skype

Username: Obvious Power
PO/PS! Username: Obvious Power
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 (US West Cost) Free on weekends, after 4 works on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm primarily a Little Cup player wanting to expand my horizons a little bit and learn a new tier :]
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both.

I was skipped Round 88.
Username: The Bravest Bird
PO/PS! Username: the bravest birds
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PDT or GMT-7, friday after 4pm. most saturdays, sundays up to 9:00pm, mon-thurs 4-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a teenager that likes mons. I currently main in XY OU and XY RU, and would like to get into a new generation.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes

Username: Riverwolf
PO/PS! Username: Heowatulf
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Pacific, 3pm-9pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Recently broke out of Generation 1, and wanting to learn to how to battle for realsies.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I already have a Skype account, and can readily make an IRC account.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do.

Username: Gale Wing Srock
PO/PS! Username: GaleWingSrock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30, Weekdays (4 PM - 10 PM), Weekends (4 AM -7 AM, 3 PM - 6 PM, 11 PM - 2 AM Sunday)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP RU / XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old student, living in India. I had started playing with the RSE series and joined showdown 10 months back and have been on Smogon for the past 6 months. I have some experience battling, but my tier knowledge and battling skills are moderate at best and I want to understand advanced plays.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: TONE114
PO/PS! Username: TONE114
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Tuesday and Thursday(2 PM - 7 PM) Weekends(8 PM - 11 PM)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU, XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently in college working for degree in Mathematics. Play Pokemon during free time, but want to get a better feel for the lower tiers as it sounds very interesting.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes I have Skype

Last edited:
Username:Tucker
Pokemon Showdown: Trusted Enemy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time, 4:00 P.M to 9:00 P.m
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, or UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a pretty chill dude who just lives for messing with technology. An I would really like to be in this program because I love the thought level in pokemon, without the RNG elements I love the mind games that accompany pokemon
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 89 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, I'm completely up for it.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, I can do both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes, in their entirety

Username
: ekerezin

PO/PS! Username: ekerezin

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: BRT 10 pm to 1-2am even 3 am if it is fun (BRT equals EST+1 so it will be 9pm to 1am)

What tier do you want to learn?: OU XY and if possible RU XY (anything with versatile tactics and teambuild)

Tell us a little about yourself
: Well my name is Eric and i'm from Brazil, I'm excited about learning how to be a better player. If possible as a bonus train my english speak hahaha!

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Well IRC I'm not an experienced user, but I can use it. Skype of course I can. (Be prepared to a brazillian who is ashamed to speak by lack of experience... lol)

Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Currently participating on a brazillian tournament so if I'm adopted by a tutor, he/she will be my coach and team analyser too! :D

Have a nice day guys

Username: BlowerEsq
PO/PS! Username: TeamTesterUK (Showdown) (NEW ACCOUNT - Forgotten old one)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (London, Lisbon, Casablanca) Normally after 6PM in same time zone
Tell us a little about yourself: I was an avid battler on Showdown and was high on the ladder in OU but when XY came out, my balance was messed up and I realised my strategy was flawed so I thought I would look to the forums to see if there is a better way to play and I wanted to play against players outside the UK. I saw Battling 101 and thought it would be a great way not only to help me out but to see how other people go about battling. (Times may be variable as I am studying for Accountancy exams)

Username: Lord Ninjax
PO/PS! Username: Lord Ninjax / BlazingStar47 (Primary laddering alt)
Timezone and Hours of availability: GMT +5:30, usually evenings 6-10 pm, and STour time on weekends.
What Tiers do I want to learn?: DPP OU, BW2 OU
A little about myself: 15 year old from India, top student, pianist and basketball player, likes Rock Music. Got pretty good at XY on my own but I'm still learning DPP/relearning BW so I signed up to learn more about teambuilding and the metagame (metagame especially I want a better grip on). Any tutor who can help me pick up this kinda stuff is fine by me.
IRC or Skype?: Both, I prefer IRC cause internet security and whatnot.
Do I understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, please dont blacklist me.

I got assigned Fakes last round, though he was a pretty cool guy and I learned a fair ton about teambuilding it took us half the tutor round just to schedule the first session, we had about 3 total and I didn't really manage to learn all I wanted to about the metagame and stuff that session, so I signed on for another round (Just in case this matters).

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Username: Goddess Briyella
PO/PS! Username: Goddess Briyella
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: USA Central (availability varies greatly because of work but I usually have lots of time every day)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a tutor for BW LC and XY LC but I've decided to take a break from that to learn something else.
Yes

Username: Zephyria
PO/PS! Username: Seradima
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm in the EST Timezone, and normally available from around 1-2PM till about 3-4AM (Having no life will do that to you.)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Underused
Tell us a little about yourself: Transgirl that's been in the competitive scene since about HG/SS, but only just now wanting to get more experienced with it.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: My Skype is almost always online, so yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yess'm, I do.

Username: Radzio
PO/PS! Username: Radzio (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: My timezone is CET (Paris/Warsaw) and I am available: next week all day (even during night if neccesary) and the rest of a month 4PM-1AM CET.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC only.
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Poland and I did not get into pokemon when I was a child (now I'm 19). I got into it about year ago and all of things aren't so native to me (you know, type chart and stuff like that) as for you, playing since you were 9 years old. I learned it, but I still have problems with getting into competitive level. I accidentally watched last year's VGC World Championships and that is how my interest about VGC and generally competitive Pokemon gaming started. Generally doubles are what I like the most in Pokemon, singles don't satisfy me. I am easy person to talk and I will behave like a student, I know that I know nothing about that stuff :)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, but preferrably Skype, there's nothing like voice communication ;)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

SKIPPED ROUND 88

Username
: TerrorDave
PO/PS! Username: TerrorDave
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: From around 4pm to 9pm GMT +1
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old fan of Pokemon as well as an avid gamer, and I got into competitive in generation five, during the bw2 era of weather wars. Only now do I actually want to get into it heavily. I understand some concepts of the game such as win conditions and opportunity cost quite well, but things such as my team building could do with some work. Outside of Pokemon, I enjoy multiple sports such as Swimming and Cycling, and I really like to collect rare things.

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
  • I WAS SKIPPED 88 as I joined late
Username: praj.pran
PO/PS! Username: praj.pran
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt 2:30+
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am prajesh i want to get good at all the tiers so starting with old tiers
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both works well
Yes

Last edited:
Username: Inevitability
PO/PS! Username: Pretty Flowers
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 (hours vary)
Tell us a little about yourself:I'd like to learn stuff such as team rating and improve my skills in-battle.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Darnell
PO/PS! Username: Darnell
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0 (Week days: 5 pm - 10 pm) (Weekends: 10 am - 10 pm)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY NU
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Darnell obviously and I'm 17 years old. I'm currently studying in college however I still have a ton of free time. I've decided to actually pick up and get back in with the current meta in each tiers since I lost it trying to do in real stuff and mod PS :(
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes

Last edited:

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Bean
PO/PS! Username: Bean
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 I'm free in the afternoons/evenings on weekdays (until 10 PM) and for the majority of the day at weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in my last year of school, but thanks to the brilliant school system in my country all of the important exams are in the penultimate year, so I have plenty of free time. I am a mod on PS so I am on there all the time and I am very familiar with all tiers and battling in general (just no good at it). I was actually tutored a few rounds ago by the brilliant Valentine, and this helped a ton, but due to slightly awkward timezones we didn't cover everything. I'd really love to consolidate and further improve my knowledge of the OU meta so I'm signing up again.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, I can use both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)