The FFTA2 Law Battle Tournament - Finals! [Won by McMeghan]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Thanks to anundeadboy for the kick-ass logo
Introduction

FFTA2 stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, and in that game every battle would have a judge which declared laws specific to that battle, usually limiting how you could move or attack. This tournament aims to adapt those kinds of a laws to a Pokemon format.

Tournament Specific Rules:

- At sign-up you must PM me, Oglemi, 1 team of 6 Pokemon and that 1 team only (I only need the 6 Pokemon, items/abilities/evs/moves/etc are subject to change). Those 6 will be your team for the whole tournament.

- You must save the replay of your battles and PM it to me after winning once the tournament starts so that I can make sure you are using the same team. If you forget to save the replay that is grounds enough for your opponent to ask for a rematch.

- Every round I will introduce 3 Laws. These Laws can range from banning the use of a type of move (eg no Fire-type moves) and banning certain abilities all the way to disallowing switching.

- Laws will not stack, meaning the rules for that round will only be for that round.

- If you break a law, it is an automatic forfeit and you lose the match.

- Battles will be best of 1 single elimination

General Rules:

General Tournament Guidelines apply (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3486049/).

In addition to the above, you are playing in standard XY OU, meaning the following Clauses are in effect for each battle unless otherwise explicitly stated.

Pairings:

McMeghan vs Zamrock

The Laws For This Round:

Countdown -
All Pokemon on your team must be holding a Toxic Orb. If your Pokemon is not affected by poison (ie Steel- or Poison-type or has the ability Poison Heal) they must hold either a Flame Orb or a Sticky Barb. The ability Magic Guard is banned.

Delayed Action - All moves with a delayed reaction or charge-up turn are banned. This means Wish, Healing Wish, Lunar Dance, Future Sight, and Doom Desire are banned, as well as moves like Solar Beam, Sky Attack, Razor Wind, etc. Solar Beam is allowed in the sun, but if it gets caught in a charge up turn (ie. the opponent switches in Tyranitar on the turn it's used) you will have broken the law and forfeit the match. Focus Punch is allowed since the action takes place in the same turn.

Triple Switching - You may not switch more than 2 turns in a row. This includes using the moves U-turn, Volt Switch, and Baton Pass.

Example how this works: You have Pokemon X out on Turn 1 and attack. On Turn 2 you switch to Pokemon Y. On Turn 3 you switch to Pokemon Z. Pokemon Z must stay out and attack on Turn 4 before being able to switch on Turn 5.

Some Reminders:

- If you break the above laws it's an automatic forfeit and you lose!

- Save your replay and send it to me as proof of using the same team!

Deadline:

No Johns

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
?_? don't you mean after, considering the orb has to activiate first and THEN you rest to cure the status? ._.
No, all that matters is that they start the battle with the item. The rule states they must be holding a Toxic Orb (or Flame Orb or Sticky Barb), they can lose the item at any time.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Best finals possible, good luck both!
My heart goes with McMeghan but Zamrock defeated me so I am fine with him winning

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Zamrock and I will fight tomorow 2 hours later than when this message has been posted, probably on smogtours!

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I won against Zamrock, gg man! Thanks a lot for granting me a rematch when I broke the switch rule early game, totally forgot about it :x

Replay: http://smogtours.psim.us/battle-ou-23093

Thanks Oglemi for the hosting, it was a very fun tournament to play in, I hope it'll become a regular around here.

I really liked teambuilding every round with the restrictions, it was really fun to try to come up with new team strategies or Pokemon movesets according to the new rules. I was also very lucky to not face a SD Mega-Scizor in Round 1, as my only way to beat it (one of the rule didn't let us use any fire move or burn-inducing move) was Toxic/Soak Alomomola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)