Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice a lot of Legends fall into the OU tier, among others, but my question is why/how are they so prominent given that you cannot breed them. Are there so many hacked perfect IVs out there that they are commonplace and easy to obtain if desired? I want to make an OU team but not with any legendaries in it, and it seems most have at least one.
Tiers are based off of usage on Pokemon Showdown. Which is a Simulator. Which means you can get a flawless Keldeo like that. In game however, people tend to RNG legendarys instead.(or in the case of X/Y, Soft Reset)
While this doesn't give you a full answer, it does explain why there are many legendarys in OU ^^
EDIT: Ninja'd

Well in that case, I am looking for OU teams to try that do not use legends, but have had little luck locating any good ones, or Team Showcase ones without any. Is there a good way to locate them?

Well in that case, I am looking for OU teams to try that do not use legends, but have had little luck locating any good ones, or Team Showcase ones without any. Is there a good way to locate them?
The reason it's hard here in particular is because so many people here use the simulator, so using unbreedable legends isn't a problem, and people therefore rarely post legend-less teams. Also, pokemon like Landorus and Keldeo are super useful and are hard to adequately replace.

Which is a longer way of saying, I wish I could help you but I unfortunately can't...if there are specific showcases of legend-less teams somewhere, they're most likely not anywhere on smogon because smogon assumes everyone has access to every legitimate option in the game.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
can infernape and hippdown breed for slack off
Ummm, Infernape gets Slack Off via Monferno learning it at level 49, and only when it is level 49. If you evolve it before that level, can't get the move. Hippowdon can breed with Chimchar, Monferno, Slakoth, or Slaking to get it, but Infernape is nowhere in that equation. Perhaps you could breed an Infernape knowing Slack Off to pass it, but I'm not certain on that one.

I don't know how to locate them, however pokeaimmd used a pretty decent 123456 team which did not have any legendaries, it consisted of mixed sash lead chomp (fireblast, ice beam, crunch and sr with 216 spa 40 Atk 252 spe and naive nature), spin LO excadrill, hp grass greninja, mega pinsir, band talonflame and dd dragonite (or band I don't remember) if your interested in the importable (for convenience) I'll gladly post the veriant I use sometimes ^^

I don't know how to locate them, however pokeaimmd used a pretty decent 123456 team which did not have any legendaries, it consisted of mixed sash lead chomp (fireblast, ice beam, crunch and sr with 216 spa 40 Atk 252 spe and naive nature), spin LO excadrill, hp grass greninja, mega pinsir, band talonflame and dd dragonite (or band I don't remember) if your interested in the importable (for convenience) I'll gladly post the veriant I use sometimes ^^
Sounds great, what do you mean by the "importable"?

Oh ok, I'm used to seeing that format, but didn't know that it was related to showdown, I have never used Showdown myself.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
But whats the point of the game if your going to just simulate the battles?
Do you mean why would you play on showdown v. playing on the cartridge? Two main reasons: 1) it's free, 2) you don't have to take the time to breed/train/level up mons. Also, some people test teams on showdown before they make them their final cartridge team. For example, say you have a six mon team on cartridge, and want to see if using rhyperior would be better than using mega aggron. You wouldn't want to breed/train a rhyperior, just to see it not work out, so you could use showdown to quickly see how a change in your team changes its effectiveness.

But whats the point of the game if your going to just simulate the battles?
The game has better animations and graphics in general as well as better music, and it also feels more personal because I'm using my own pokemon. The latter being why I never hack anything, because then it's like, why not just play on the sim? The game also feels more "official" to me sometimes, whereas the sim is just like I'm going through the motions.

But, the sim is "better" for ultracompetitive matches, because you aren't limited by what you can make yourself or otherwise acquire.

The sim also makes it much easier to play with old legends who are not easy to get, and to not have to backtrack for tutor moves. It also saves time with respect to breeding and testing teams of they don't work.

What's an item that increases speed, is easy to use (i.e. doesn't require very specific conditions to activate), and isn't choice scarf (or quick claw i guess). I don't really care how viable it is, i just need one.

What's an item that increases speed, is easy to use (i.e. doesn't require very specific conditions to activate), and isn't choice scarf (or quick claw i guess). I don't really care how viable it is, i just need one.
Nothing? The only items that increase speed are Choice Scarf and Salac Berry.

Nothing? The only items that increase speed are Choice Scarf and Salac Berry.
Isn't there one of those one off items that increase speed or weight or something by a marginal amount? It was like, "something ball" i think, idk. If I'm wrong, I can just use scarf tho, w/e.

Isn't there one of those one off items that increase speed or weight or something by a marginal amount? It was like, "something ball" i think, idk. If I'm wrong, I can just use scarf tho, w/e.
If you speak of Iron Ball that actually decreases speed 50%.

Float Stone decreases the weight of a pokemon, but it doesn't affect speed.

Chesnaught is my reliable full stop to Landorus-T. Cresslia is the most reliable to Landorus-I.

252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 61-72 (16 - 18.9%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 122-144 (32.1 - 37.8%) -- 0.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 81-95 (18.2 - 21.3%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 121-142 (27.2 - 31.9%) -- 49.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Life Orb Landorus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 140-166 (31.5 - 37.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Life Orb Landorus Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 94-112 (21.1 - 25.2%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

0 Atk Chesnaught Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 106-126 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- 83.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Cresselia Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 248-292 (77.7 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Cresselia Ice Beam vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 164-196 (51.4 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

All the calcs listed don't line up (Landorus-T can't have 756 EVs!), it just showcases worse case scenarios. Ches and Cress beat the respective Landorus forms pretty handily in any scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)