Other Pokemon: Smogon Version OU [Route 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, seems a little on the nose even for us at this point.
I feel like an homage is in order. Or at least a twisted version of an homage.

Just have the dead body of the old man who gives you the Teachy TV in FR/LG at the north route, with yellow tape and cops effectively blocking it off until it becomes accessible, where they pull the old I-disappeared-with-no-preamble routine.

Upon interacting with the body of the Teachy TV old man, it should read: "Looking at this body, you are filled with an inexplicable rage. A dark, eldritch voice screams in your mind:
'I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE GODDAMN TEACHY TV! LET ME GO TO VIRIDIAN FOREST ALREADY!' Huh, wonder what the voice means by that."

Talking to the cops gives you the unanimous phrase: "Nothing to see here, citizen. Just the end of an age-old nuisance that would block your way until you looked at his stupid archaic educational machine for ten minutes. Wait, did I say that out loud?"

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
NPC Proposal
Angry Forklift Driver

Why the heck does this stupid forklift keep stalling on me? Seriously I thought we took good care of the machines here.
(Walks around the Forklift)
Oh theres the problem, I just need to pull this thing out, but I'm going to need to have an extra pair of arms to do so
(Faces you)
Hey you Kid, you mind holding this in while I pull this out
(Yes or No Prompt)

Yes: Okay, 1, 2 , 3. Okay looks like its out, looks like some kind of TM, wonder what that was doing in here. Hey Kid, since you helped me out so much, you can have it
(Gives TM for Taunt)
Yeah, I believe this is the TM for Taunt. If I'm right, then your in for a treat. This move disables the use of all Status move on a Pokemon for 2 Turns. This might not seem like much, but its actually quite helpful. You can use it on a Sweeper who is trying to set up or you can use it for Stalllbreaking. What is Stallbreaking? It's basically a process of using residual damage and a move like Taunt to severely harm or take out Stally Pokes like Chansey. What you do is basically use Taunt repeatedly, use a move like Toxic or Will-O-Wisp on them, and watch as their wall slowly fades away. It's quite an effective tatic, and even if it fails you can still force a switch or severely injure a wall. Really helpful against dedicated Stall teams since you can take out a good amount of Pokemon doing this. Well thanks again
(Gets into the Forklift seat)

No: Seriously kid? Way to help a guy out.

If Talked to Again: Well, its time to start lifting these boxes up. If my boss finds out that I haven't been doing anything and that I had to get help from a kid I just met, he is going to kill me.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OP updated, added this bit to the wrap up:

Late Additions:

Guard Blocking The North:

To be fair, we're already making fun of ourselves, why don't we break the fourth wall a bit and have, instead of an officer, a guy on all sorts of drugs blocking us from going past him by saying, "Yo, the plot fairies were just talking to me. They told me that I must block you and only you from accessing this route for the time being. They told me that they didn't plan for you to come back here until much later in the game. What kind of game do you think they were talking about?"

Abandoned Warehouse:

Pokemon:-Ghastly, Levels 10-13 (Common)
-Murkrow, Levels 9-11 (Common)
-Aron, Levels 16-18 (Uncommon)
-Gothita, Level 15 (Uncommon)
-Wynaut, Level 13-14 (rare)

TMs:
-Taunt (NPC)
-Venoshock
-Poison Jab

One Trainer (From Webbowser): http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-gym-leader-noms.3510993/page-39#post-5742593

Taunt NPC:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-40#post-5749114

Last edited:

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Next we're going to have another plain-ish route going into a mountain. Please give any ideas/plans for the route, and trainers on it (probably our typical meadow-mons here, but leveled up, and maybe wild Fletchinger).

and vote on what type mountain:

-Regular Mountain (rock types, bats, like Mount Moon v. 80.3)
-A volcanic/fiery mountain (Salemance's idea)
-An abandoned mine type mountain with steel types
-A Ground-type-focused mountain with Hippopatas and sandy areas

I feel like we need a more rough-terrain route leading up to the mountain with a few fighting, ground or rock-types such as Gligar. Whilst still having grass, it also contains a few boulders. An HM could be required.

Oh and I vote for regular mountain. I think we should wait a little longer for a volcano. Seems like the type of place a legendary pokemon like Heatran or Entei would be found.

I feel like we need a more rough-terrain route leading up to the mountain with a few fighting, ground or rock-types such as Gligar. Whilst still having grass, it also contains a few boulders. An HM could be required.

Oh and I vote for regular mountain. I think we should wait a little longer for a volcano. Seems like the type of place a legendary pokemon like Heatran or Entei would be found.
I'm with you. And...
Route 4
Timburr
Level 14-16
Reasoning: Conkeldurr is on the OU viability list, and it seems to fit here. what do you mean timburr can only be in the forest

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
gougeist is PU atm.

-Regular Mountain (rock types, bats, like Mount Moon v. 80.3)

Pokemon Proposal
Mountain whatever_name
Drilbur
Level 17-19
Reasoning : It's a mole for God's sake! Since the player has just beaten a gym with mons ~lv18-20, our own pokes should be around the same level as well, and so should the catcheable ones. And Exca's good and we get a real SR setter and 1st viable ground type.

I would like to make this a dormant volcano, ie a multi layered cave that isn't fully ascesible till one obtains the HMs Strength and Rock Smash and with levels being of various degrees from certain bits (ie the first few flours are round lvl 20-30 Mons while lower ones get near the fifties and stuff). Then course if you get into it you can capture Heatran who's capture unstabilizes the volcanoes dormancy and lets it erupt which in turn causes Entwined to appear and yada yada.

It also an excuse to have fire types and in themountain alongside the rock ground and fighting ones :D

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
I would like to make this a dormant volcano, ie a multi layered cave that isn't fully ascesible till one obtains the HMs Strength and Rock Smash and with levels being of various degrees from certain bits (ie the first few flours are round lvl 20-30 Mons while lower ones get near the fifties and stuff). Then course if you get into it you can capture Heatran who's capture unstabilizes the volcanoes dormancy and lets it erupt which in turn causes Entwined to appear and yada yada.

It also an excuse to have fire types and in themountain alongside the rock ground and fighting ones :D
like in DPPt? well i was thinking of that as well, but i thought we dont want to pressurise the player to keep an hm slave, so voted for what i did

SparksBlade

Community Leader
We said we were doing HMs (j don't know howmany times I've had to state that here after all the discussion. We've had).
ik we're doing hms, it's just that i thought that this kind of mountain will surely come in the main story later on. And will therefore require hms like rock smash, strength, surf, and waterfall, out of which only 2 are used on PS, and strength is just usable. This would mean the player has to have these hms, which i thought we're being soft about. Just misunderstanding on my part i guess.

Tbt its fine. There have been so many discussions between y'all on this thread alone that made this slightly ridiculous to keep track of. The extra hms sound fine to use just got to settle on how wewant it to go as I've never thought of a waterfall in a dormant volcano.

Either its just the start of it the new topic. Lets get discussing!

Speaking which.....lets go with a Poke proposal then before I got to further rest my leg.

Pokemon Proposal
(Basically holding off on fire types till we decide I am)

Rhyhorn lvl 19

Basically have them roaming around the grass outside of the cave as these buggers can inhabit even the hardest of locations while also offering a Mon that can become a very reliable SR setter and Birdspam check (or Rock Polish WP sets too!). A very useful that can serve a lot of roles and a favorite of mine :D

Also I was thinking bout having a Fossil Seller near the entrance of the mountain or somewhere nearby. Yalls thoughts?

SparksBlade

Community Leader
if we've a fossil seller here, what are the options besides Aero? maybe the almighty helix fossil Kabutops may work but if we only have 2 options then it should be like in-game : choose one and maybe you'll get the other later on

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
if we've a fossil seller here, what are the options besides Aero? maybe the almighty helix fossil Kabutops may work but if we only have 2 options then it should be like in-game : choose one and maybe you'll get the other later on
Omastar and Kabutops are both very good on rain teams. With three fossils, such a choice is not easy, especially considering you likely want both Kabutops and Omastar if you want one.

Omastar and Kabutops are both very good on rain teams. With three fossils, such a choice is not easy, especially considering you likely want both Kabutops and Omastar if you want one.
How about you get one(player's choice) for free and can use Pokedollars to buy the other one, with Aerodactyl being later in the game?

I definitely don't want to introduce aero right now, cuz, ya know, really effing high base attack and speed and what not. That being said, I do want to make a mon proposal...

Pokemon Proposal
Mountain whatever_name
Chimchar
Level 17-19
Reasoning : I love the idea of the dormant volcano, especially since we're overdue for some fire type love. Chimchar is a great mon to have in game and nape is a decent scarfer/offensive SR setter in OU. Not great by any means, but decent.

I almost proposed Darmaka, but apparently that's not OU viable (it can't be that much worse then staraptor imo, but w/e). I'll propose a trainer at some point.

*edit*

Derp derp derp, forgot fossils had to be revived.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

Community Leader
not introducing aero, but the fossil. We've not even started talking about where the fossils will brought to life, though it could be the next town by which we'll have Lv25-ish mons, and fossils are revived at Lv30 iirc

I definitely don't want to introduce aero right now, cuz, ya know, really effing high base attack and speed and what not. That being said, I do want to make a mon proposal...

Pokemon Proposal
Mountain whatever_name
Chimchar
Level 17-19
Reasoning : I love the idea of the dormant volcano, especially since we're overdue for some fire type love. Chimchar is a great mon to have in game and nape is a decent scarfer/offensive SR setter in OU. Not great by any means, but decent.

I almost proposed Darmaka, but apparently that's not OU viable (it can't be that much worse then staraptor imo, but w/e). I'll propose a trainer at some point.
At this point I mentioned fossil seller as one who sold the fossils not the Mon. I'd still fully expect them to be resuurected at a later point in the game.

It would be better if the other was to be found somewhere later on, like in Emerald
This would work best in my opinion. If we do what you guys suggested and make it a multi-tiered one where we have to come back after getting some HMs, we can have it so if we pick up one, the other one would collapse to a lower level and then when we get Strength we can go down and pick it up (and then go back to the main town and find Entei like the suggestion I made that people seemed to like)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Changed Taunt NPC to the The Pizza Man 's proposal

Edit: It seems that people are significantly interested in the route leading up to the cave, so I ask we first focus discussion there.

Route 4 Discussion First Stage:
-Complete list of Pokemon in "Wild Grass Area"
-3-4 Trainer Proposals for "Wild Grass Area"
-General discussion on the mountain (what type of mountain)

Route 4 Discussion 2nd Stage (to be announced later):
-Proposals for Pokemon inside the Mountain (based on what we decide on discussion in stage 1)
-Trainer Proposals (as many as possible)

My general thoughts on the route directions associated with this cave, I'm thinking that this cave will have a North-bound exit blocked off by a Boulder (requires strength). The player will later come back with Strength (and probably Fly) to get to the northern island.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Also how long do we want those route before the mountain to be y'all? Want it formed like the route before MT. Moon with trainers galore or a more wild Pokemon invest route with the bulk of the trainersbeing found within the mountain?

Chou Toshio I think that's fine

Salemance I was thinking about that, and I was thinking that we have a sort of nugget bridge-esque gimmick route. There will be five trainers, each one of them has a team of 6 mons, but here's the gimmick: each of the trainers exclusively use mons that give exclusively one type of EV, one EV a piece.

Example trainer:

Jogger Nut

Juggernaut (Timburr)
Ability: Guts
Level: 20
EVs: 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Wake-Up Slap
- Rock Throw
- Pound
- Knock Off

Juggernaut (Corphish)
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Vice Grip
- Aqua Jet

Juggernaut (Snubbull)
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Bite
- Lick
- Headbutt

Juggernaut (Pawniard)
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Fury Cutter
- Feint Attack
- Scratch

Juggernaut (Drilbur)
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Metal Claw
- Dig
- Fury Swipes

Juggernaut (Mienfoo)
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Pound
- Knock Off
- Power-Up Punch

Intro Quote: Everyone on this team is a juggernaut, BITCH!

Loss Quote: I got rekt!

After Quote: Maybe brute force isn't enough to win games?

The trainers shouldn't be pushovers, but they shouldn't be gym leader good either. Memes optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)