Other Volt-Turn Offense (PU) Peaked at 1487 #16

Hi guys, WhiteSmoke here and this is my second RMT, so I'll just hop right in. This is a team that I've used to great effect in the current meta. My two favorite playstyles atm are web offense and volt-turn. Since both are viable in PU right now I have been messing around with many teams but none as good as this. Yet i digress.

Teambuilding Process: So to start it off I needed to build my volt-turn core, for those unfamiliar w/ the playstyle it is essentially the main two or three mons you want to use to do volt-turn shenanigans with. I wanted my core to include Raichu, since it now has access to surf, and Scyther since with either scarf or band it can hit really hard w/ STAB U-turn. After adding Scyther I needed a defogger or spinner, and preferably one that can u-turn out as well. Lumineon fits this roll very well because it is decently bulky (mine is physically defensive) and can defog, charm or scald against physical threats and then get out w/ U-turn. Next I wanted a bulky rocker that can dish out hits. Thus, Piloswine was added to the team, a Spdef bulky variant. Next I wanted a bulky attacker that can switch in on physical or special hits and hit back harder. W/ the last spot I originally had something I can't remember what it was. Probably something bad, but as some of you may have noticed this current team is week to stall and after losing to it after I hit 1400 for the first time I decided I wasn't going to lose to stall anymore, so I added Raseri's stallbreaker Vigoroth.

The Squad:

CritMagnet (Raichu) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Recently I have seen more scarf Raichus, but I don't know why. It has great base 110 speed and without either specs or LO it's just is very underwhelming. T-Bolt and Volt-Switch are there for obligatory STAB and utility. I have to run static in order to run surf, however Water + Electric is great coverage excluding grass types. Finally HP Ice though not strong does good damage after specs and can hit pesky grass types like Tangela for good damage.

Glados (Scyther) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite

Scarfed Scyther because it out speeds most of the other scarfers and most people don't expect it , so I can score easy KO's on Sneasel if I'm not in ice shard range. I run Brick Break for Bastiodon and the other moves are pretty standard, so I don't think I need to explain them.

NO (Lumineon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Charm

This set is gimmicky, but it works to great effect. What you want to do is defog, then charm if there is a physical mon on the field and U-turn into the appopriate counter.

ThatShitIdont Like (Throh) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Circle Throw

Throh is here to soak up hits and also hate on set-up sweepers, circle throw to get them out or storm thow on curse mons. Knock of for bluky mons like Tangela and Togetic on the switch, and Ice Punch for coverage.

Fuck Stall (Vigoroth) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Return

This thing is a god. If played right it can 6-0 most stall teams and otherwise can soak up physical hits and wear opponents down. nuff said

Threatlist:
Sneasel- Don't have a sure way to kill it. Biggest threat by far

will add more threats as I see fit, hope you guys enjoy thanks for the rate

Pasteable:

Piloshit (Piloswine) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 120 HP / 16 Atk / 248 SpD / 124 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Fuck Stall (Vigoroth) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Return

Glados (Scyther) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite

CritMagnet (Raichu) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]

NO (Lumineon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Charm

ThatShitIdont Like (Throh) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Circle Throw

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ive been using this team and that vigiroth is unbelievable. It tanks EVERYTHING lol

Like the team a lot, though I notice it lacks fire coverage. Had problems with fucking Wormadam bug/steel of all things, lol. Over all though, it's really nice. I didn't see anything about the Piloswine set, which I thought was strange as most of them are physically defensive where as this one is special, which I immediately took a liking to when it took a Hydro Pump from scarfed Proteaon Frogadier, living with about 5-6%, freakin' beast.

Aside from the fire, the only issue I've had running this team is when my opponent has a team that is weak to rocks, but is running a spinner like Wartortle over a defogger. In those games, the opponent can get rid of the rocks on their side alone, while I have to get rid of everything if I want them gone. I'd say adding Wartortle over Lumineon would be preferable, but that leaves nothing that wants to take a Knock Off.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I know I'm a bit late, but why not Body Slam over Return on Vigoroth? I think that's a lot better for a pokemon like that. Considering it's a stall breaker and all stall teams have Garbodor or Roselia, you can Paralyze those. Garbodor also has Max Speed most of the time, so a Para could be realy useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)