The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
tbh I don't think the Bucs count as playing football

Which just continues to make the "sleeper pick" predictions all the more hilarious. Holy shit this team is bad.

tbh I don't think the Bucs count as playing football

Which just continues to make the "sleeper pick" predictions all the more hilarious. Holy shit this team is bad.
Wonder how long until "X college team can beat the Bucs" posts start to come up.

Yeah the Bucs seem a lot worse than I would think, granted I didn't believe McCown was going to enjoy some second wind like Alex Smith did under Harbaugh and Reid, and Lovie teams have always been kinda crappy on offense, but still. They're better on paper than their actual performance I guess.

I won't lie, as bad as the whole Ray Rice scandal is, if it ends up with Goodell being fired or resigning, that would be good for football in general. Owners have been forced to sell teams and CEOs have been sacked for far less serious scandals than what's been coming out this year alone in football. If the ESPN article is to be believed, Rice isn't someone who goes out of his way to beat on his wife; it's just the usual unfortunate mix of alcohol and arguing to me, tempers flared and Rice made a very bad decision in a likely inebriated state, probably not helped by his equally inebriated wife. Shit happens I guess.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
That trick play the Browns just ran with Manziel as a receiver was one of the best play calls I've ever seen, and that's coming from a Ravens fan. Thank god the running back was moving.

John Fox is a horrible coach.
Quoted for truth. Hopefully this loss teaches them that running the ball and being conservative is a terrible way to play football. That's not even mentioning the fact you have the greatest passing qb ever. This loss is squarely on the idiotic gameplan going into the game.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Doug Marrone turned down a defensive offsides penalty on a 4th and 6 punt from the opposing 43 yard line. So, yeah.

So besides the questionable refs/calls and shooting themselves in the foot, yeah...hasn't been the best 2 weeks for the Niners.

Just a shame Denver couldn't pull the upset in overtime, I would be fine taking a 1-2 start with the Seahakws at 1-2 as well. Because we all know the Cardinals are going to fuck up and lose out in the division race at the end (these are the Cardinals after all, as an unfortunate AZ native I've seen it enough more than enough times), it's just a matter of the Niners or Seahawks take their place, and now Seattle is a game up in that race.

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
wow pitta =[ =[ =[ =[ =[ really sad he just got back for a couple games last year and the same injury happens, might be smart to just call it a career to avoid the risk of re-injuring again

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
No words for this game rn lol. Feels like a haxy pokemon game. We don't even look like the same team lol. Im not sure what's going on but yeah, the Steelers are managing to suck less I guess!

Everytime we have a glimmer of hope, it's just stripped away by something bizare and lucky lol

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pittsburgh has the interesting habit of playing up to good opponents and playing down to bad ones. It's perplexing, but they've somehow managed to manufacture a pass rush tonight and that has led to many of the issues we're seeing. Not to mention Panthers special teams are almost single-handedly preventing them from staying in the game.

Ike Taylor's broken arm though, ugh

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, any chance we had was taken away from the high school mistakes of the encroachment on the 4th and 4 and the philly brown fumble. And not to mention Cam's looked absolutely hurt and terrible. :/ Our defense looks terrible lol.

The patriots only beating the raiders by 1 Touchdown is basically a loss.

So the Patriots are 1-2 in my book
What sucks is that we would've either won or lost by the two point conversion.
For those of you not watching, the Raiders scored a TD with less than a minute on the clock leaving the score at 18-19. Apparently Dennis Allen was calling up a two point play until the refs decided to throw a flag on a nonexistent holding call to erase the touchdown. Next couple plays involved a receiver bouncing a ball off his own hands into Wilfork's to end the game.

There's no guarantee we still would've won since Brady could have potentially brought the Patriots into FG range but our defense held them pretty well all game.

What sucks is that we would've either won or lost by the two point conversion.
For those of you not watching, the Raiders scored a TD with less than a minute on the clock leaving the score at 18-19. Apparently Dennis Allen was calling up a two point play until the refs decided to throw a flag on a nonexistent holding call to erase the touchdown. Next couple plays involved a receiver bouncing a ball off his own hands into Wilfork's to end the game.

There's no guarantee we still would've won since Brady could have potentially brought the Patriots into FG range but our defense held them pretty well all game.

I Wouldn't call it nonexistent because it did take place, but it was a ticky tack call.

TBH I Think it was a makeup call after this terrible DPI Call

Where the raiders receiver shoves logan ryan into the ground (which was blatant OPI)

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
honestly after reading that, i wouldn't kick rice out of the NFL. He clearly shows remorse for what he did and felt fucking terrible about it. Year long suspension is good enough honestly. The ravens organization should be the ones to truly receive the punishment. They covered it up and tried to make it seem not that bad. People are picturing Rice as a repeated wife beater when this was just an isolated incident it seems.

Packers offense fucking sucked yesterday. They gave up more points than they score. The defense look good for once and the offense just took a giant shit on the game.

Alright, that's a pretty fair call. During the game, the replay booth zoomed in on Wisniewski (61, just to the left of McFadden) and there was nothing resembling a hold there. I didn't see the actual hold until right here on this picture.
The DPI on Holmes would've been called every time. You can see Ryan's arm up under Holmes' numbers and the NFL's rules give the dback a flag every time.
Pretty good game for us overall, I'm just bitter about how it ended :(

soo ... anybody here think the Bengals are a superbowl contender? They've got a good defense, power running game, star power at both RB and WR... I think they can go as far as Andy Dalton takes them. (which hasn't been far the past few seasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)