Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to suggest a No Hacks Mode, for the more competitive games on showdown, and that the coding be altered from normal game play in this tier.
Here's a list of things I think would be cool; feel free to chime in too:

1. The accuracy of all moves with accuracy 90 or higher becomes accuracy 100. (This includes moves that become accuracy 90 or higher from Victory Star.)
2. All effects of moves with 10% chance to happen become 0% chance; (such as Flamethrower's 10% to burn, and Ice Punch's 10% chance to condition.)
3. Paralyzed can no longer cause full paralysis, only half speed.
4. All moves with a critical hit chance of less than 12.5% have their critical hit chances reduced to 0%. If the pokemon being hit by an attack has any defense increases, then all moves will keep their original critical hit chances. (Scope Lens will stack up to be the only way to achieve a 6.25% chance to crit a pokemon without defense increases, whereas moves with innately high crit chances will remain at 12.5%; Focus Kingdra can still have a 100% chance to crit.)
5. Damage rolls always roll exactly average damage percentages, they can neither roll high nor low.

So, this is why I feel as though this is a good idea: because I'm mad. I'm done missing Draco Meteor with Victini on my team, it's a 99% chance to actually hit! I'm really annoyed getting fully paralyzed for like 3 turns in a row, and there's nothing I can do about it. I especially don't like getting hit by a critical hit that costs me the game and the like of that stuff. I know some people like the excitement of the rolls and chances, but I know the pain of the many of us who really despise hacks, so I suggest implementing this mode for our sake. Hopefully some kind of thought will go into this, because the community would probably love it. It doesn't have to replace the normal tiers or become standard in tournaments, but I would hope to see it for the benefit of those new to the game and those easily angered, and hopefully it can be fun!
Well, whatever, post this in OM submissions. This is not the right place to rant about that illusion called "hax".

I'm done missing Draco Meteor with Victini on my team, it's a 99% chance to actually hit!
Also as a side note to what Slayer95 said, Victory star only effects accuracy when Victini is on the field, so your Draco Meteor still had a 10% chance to miss.
Speaking of which, this seems to be a common misconception, and perhaps the wording should be changed from the official dex description to clarify.

I would like to suggest to make the colour of our user names on showdown change-able(is this even a word?). I know that a lot of people must have already suggested this, but still I hope you keep this in mind. Also I suggest adding music of maybe gen 2-6 gym battles to listen to while battling(Trust me I like the ones now but it would be a good thing to have more variety).

I would like to suggest to make the colour of our user names on showdown change-able(is this even a word?). I know that a lot of people must have already suggested this, but still I hope you keep this in mind. Also I suggest adding music of maybe gen 2-6 gym battles to listen to while battling(Trust me I like the ones now but it would be a good thing to have more variety).
The colors aren't really possible because for one thing they help identify users in a sense. Although they are usually identified by names, colors can make it easier for you to be identified with your unique color (all colors are p much unique). Also, it could be abused and someone can change their color multiple times. About the gen 2-6 music, I'm not so sure but I'd say that it's possible but again not really sure.

The colors aren't really possible because for one thing they help identify users in a sense. Although they are usually identified by names, colors can make it easier for you to be identified with your unique color (all colors are p much unique). Also, it could be abused and someone can change their color multiple times
Yeah. When you say it like that, it pretty much seems pointless. But still, I hope the music is still possible.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think this is the right place, as i cant find any where better, but can you do something about floette-eternal-flower's name, currently the name cant fit on the showdown space:
Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 18.31.42.png

I see on leaked images of nude celebs that its name is just 'Floette':

Sorry about the 2nd pics add-ons, i just c/p'd from google.

I know this isnt major, but it looks much nicer aseptically nicer this way

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think this is the right place, as i cant find any where better, but can you do something about floette-eternal-flower's name, currently the name cant fit on the showdown space:
View attachment 26995

I see on leaked images of nude celebs that its name is just 'Floette':

Sorry about the 2nd pics add-ons, i just c/p'd from google.

I know this isnt major, but it looks much nicer aseptically nicer this way
Adding to this: can we remove formes from names entirely? They're not included in the names ingame. I understand it's a "give the player information that's obvious" thing, but beyond the Genesect drives every forme is pretty damn obvious.

Remove spoilers per room
Not sure how possible this is, but many rooms (read: two largest, WiFi, Tours and others) have spoilers on warn and mute. At least in wifi it's gotten so bad that we've had to put it on automute. In these two rooms, and perhaps others, there's clear violation of Global Chat rule 2, about attracting unnecessary attention. Is it possible to turn off the grey box in these rooms?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Remove spoilers per room
Not sure how possible this is, but many rooms (read: two largest, WiFi, Tours and others) have spoilers on warn and mute. At least in wifi it's gotten so bad that we've had to put it on automute. In these two rooms, and perhaps others, there's clear violation of Global Chat rule 2, about attracting unnecessary attention. Is it possible to turn off the grey box in these rooms?
Yeah, going to agree with this, despite us telling users, they really don't seem to get the message in their head and it really isn't needed. Once one person starts, everyone does :(!

and now...time for my 1k post which is going to take a while :O

Vacate - Helped me from the very beginning back when I was just IDreamPokemon in the YouTube room. Thank you for everything, I really appreciate it and probably wouldn't be in this position at the moment if it wasn't for you!

Redew - Introduced me the the Smogon Forums back in the old Community Mentoring room and from there has been a wonderful friend. Constantly have our conversations on PS! and hope we can stay friends for a long time! Currently helping me with HTML along with Vacate and Quarkz.

The Immortal - boss don here n_n Thank you for everything TI. I admit, we did have a rough start back in Pokemon Trading but I'm very glad that it has gotten better! Start replying to users more though, we get enough complaints already :(

uu iz da shizzle - One of my oldest friends on PS! Thanks for everything UU although you're still rubbish at Random Battles ;) I only wish that our Skype calls with Mac could start up again, who knows?!

Antto - >_> Hahaha, a lot has happened between us but we're still great friends. Probably told you the most about my life than anyone on this site, I feel like I can really trust you and I hope our friendship lasts even when I do eventually leave this site... n_n

Haunter, prem and Reverb - fuck niggas. :]

Blitzamirin, Bean, barton, Trickster, Zodiax, Faxxifer and Scotteh - cuties n_n

Alright, this is going to take way too long!! Time for some group shoutouts, I really wish I wasn't lazy and could do you all 1 by 1 but this is way too much :<

Global staff!
You all know the deal of being a Global staff. Keep it up guys ^_^
Acedia, Aelita, Astara, Azumarill, BreadHeroDan, Crestfall, CrushinDefeat, Formerhope, Hippopotas, Legitimate Username, Orphic, Phil, Raseri, Skitty, scalarmotion, Timbuktu, Quinella, Morfent, Lyto, Antemortem, jdarden, Scene, Royalty, Hollywood, asgdf, BiGGiE, business turtle, CoolStoryBrobat, Coronis, Detective Dell, Electrolyte, Genesect, Goddess Briyella, Timbuktu, innovamania, Jac, Jin Of The Gale, Julian, kupo, Kostitsyn, Lawrence III, MattL, Shame That, MikeDecIsHere, Osiris, Nani Man, Relados, shaymin, NixHex, qtrx, sirDonovan, Snowflakes, The Captain., TalkTakesTime, SteelEdges, Sweep, NekoNayz, Temporaryanonymous, zdrup15

Wi-Fi Room/Breeding Room!
I love you all, thank you for all your hard work towards the lists, managing the room and dealing with annoying users :T
Shgeldz, Cranham, smelliott, Rosie_The_Venusaur, offler, Angeela, snakeindagrass, Spydreigon, Alapse, slayerx725232, LiepardHater, Hairy Ambipom, Joethemaster, Axew, TheMostBrute, Mario's Food

Scavengers Room!
For keeping up with the official hunts and keeping the room going while I've been busy with in-real things, thank you guys, keep it up!
ashiemore, Instant Apple Pie, Cyllage, Psywaves, Queez, Snaquaza, Soulblaster, whotookmyname, AnonymouzLSB, losedude, Angels2002, Wan the Avatar

Social Media (YouTube)!
My first room, you guys were with me from the beginning and we had ALOT of fun together, maybe a bit TOO much fun :J
AceStarThe3rd, BetaHousing, Sork, Luxuryball13, Champion Albert, Blue Kitteh, blazeking24universe, HiddenPowerFlying, Santi kun, FreeButter, ICB, MrDexter, Ksnake789, BocciasBattles, LaurensPlanet

Ugh. Just a shoutout to all the people I use to do YouTube with.

Community Mentoring(Mentors)!
Keep up the good mentoring people, I've seen a lot of good things happening every since I joined the Mentoring Program!
skylight, Sapphire., Xylen, unfixable, xzern, Trinitrotoluene, Tomahawk, EonX, Arikado, Magnemite, fleurdyleurse, Champion Fizz, Regime, Salt, scorpdestroyer, Cherub Agent, Soulgazer, Hulavuta, Metal Sonic, Alter, Dashspin, Nog, Aenonar

Other Metas!
Really enjoyed hosting tournaments in this room and learning about OMs such as STABmons which is probably the only one I can play decently :(!
Ranger Mike, Kit Kasai, Arhops, Pikachuun, manu 11, Piccolo Daimao, simsims2800, w0rd, Adrian Marin

Survivors!
I remember when this room was still private :') Keep up the range of game modes and progress guys
Quarkz, Ninety_Nine, Aknolan, Swirlyder, Tikitik, Vexinator

Tournaments AND Challenges!
Two greats rooms which have gone far from what I first saw at the beginning!
Acast, Deceived, Feliburn, girafferider, Xlstevo, CP3MVP, TheEpicBro, FireMage, The Bravest Bird, AM, Saucy Raichu, Exeggutorial

Smogon people! :D
Just people that have been great to me while I've been on the forums ^.^
tennisace, Jellicent, MiniArchitect, 13ulbasaur, Jellicent, Toast++

I'm truly sorry to anyone I missed out, this took me way longer than I expected and I'm too lazy now, if you feel that you deserved something PM me on Showdown and I'll tell you personally why I think you're wonderful:heart:!

Some mass highlight I got going on here, oh wells! YOLO :]

just posting to say that spoilers actually have legit uses in rooms like TV Books and Films and Video Games.. so don't remove them altogether pls. :/

edit: also thanks darnell n_n
Yeah I wasn't implying an altogether removal, but rather a room by room basis.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Yeah, going to agree with this, despite us telling users, they really don't seem to get the message in their head and it really isn't needed. Once one person starts, everyone does :(!

and now...time for my 1k post which is going to take a while :O

Vacate - Helped me from the very beginning back when I was just IDreamPokemon in the YouTube room. Thank you for everything, I really appreciate it and probably wouldn't be in this position at the moment if it wasn't for you!

Redew - Introduced me the the Smogon Forums back in the old Community Mentoring room and from there has been a wonderful friend. Constantly have our conversations on PS! and hope we can stay friends for a long time! Currently helping me with HTML along with Vacate and Quarkz.

The Immortal - boss don here n_n Thank you for everything TI. I admit, we did have a rough start back in Pokemon Trading but I'm very glad that it has gotten better! Start replying to users more though, we get enough complaints already :(

uu iz da shizzle - One of my oldest friends on PS! Thanks for everything UU although you're still rubbish at Random Battles ;) I only wish that our Skype calls with Mac could start up again, who knows?!

Antto - >_> Hahaha, a lot has happened between us but we're still great friends. Probably told you the most about my life than anyone on this site, I feel like I can really trust you and I hope our friendship lasts even when I do eventually leave this site... n_n

Haunter, prem and Reverb - fuck niggas. :]

Blitzamirin, Bean, barton, Trickster, Zodiax, Faxxifer and Scotteh - cuties n_n

Alright, this is going to take way too long!! Time for some group shoutouts, I really wish I wasn't lazy and could do you all 1 by 1 but this is way too much :<

Global staff!
You all know the deal of being a Global staff. Keep it up guys ^_^
Acedia, Aelita, Astara, Azumarill, BreadHeroDan, Crestfall, CrushinDefeat, Formerhope, Hippopotas, Legitimate Username, Orphic, Phil, Raseri, Skitty, scalarmotion, Timbuktu, Quinella, Morfent, Lyto, Antemortem, jdarden, Scene, Royalty, Hollywood, asgdf, BiGGiE, business turtle, CoolStoryBrobat, Coronis, Detective Dell, Electrolyte, Genesect, Goddess Briyella, Timbuktu, innovamania, Jac, Jin Of The Gale, Julian, kupo, Kostitsyn, Lawrence III, MattL, Shame That, MikeDecIsHere, Osiris, Nani Man, Relados, shaymin, NixHex, qtrx, sirDonovan, Snowflakes, The Captain., TalkTakesTime, SteelEdges, Sweep, NekoNayz, Temporaryanonymous, zdrup15

Wi-Fi Room/Breeding Room!
I love you all, thank you for all your hard work towards the lists, managing the room and dealing with annoying users :T
Shgeldz, Cranham, smelliott, Rosie_The_Venusaur, offler, Angeela, snakeindagrass, Spydreigon, Alapse, slayerx725232, LiepardHater, Hairy Ambipom, Joethemaster, Axew, TheMostBrute, Mario's Food

Scavengers Room!
For keeping up with the official hunts and keeping the room going while I've been busy with in-real things, thank you guys, keep it up!
ashiemore, Instant Apple Pie, Cyllage, Psywaves, Queez, Snaquaza, Soulblaster, whotookmyname, AnonymouzLSB, losedude, Angels2002, Wan the Avatar

Social Media (YouTube)!
My first room, you guys were with me from the beginning and we had ALOT of fun together, maybe a bit TOO much fun :J
AceStarThe3rd, BetaHousing, Sork, Luxuryball13, Champion Albert, Blue Kitteh, blazeking24universe, HiddenPowerFlying, Santi kun, FreeButter, ICB, MrDexter, Ksnake789, BocciasBattles, LaurensPlanet

Ugh. Just a shoutout to all the people I use to do YouTube with.

Community Mentoring(Mentors)!
Keep up the good mentoring people, I've seen a lot of good things happening every since I joined the Mentoring Program!
skylight, Sapphire., Xylen, unfixable, xzern, Trinitrotoluene, Tomahawk, EonX, Arikado, Magnemite, fleurdyleurse, Champion Fizz, Regime, Salt, scorpdestroyer, Cherub Agent, Soulgazer, Hulavuta, Metal Sonic, Alter, Dashspin, Nog, Aenonar

Other Metas!
Really enjoyed hosting tournaments in this room and learning about OMs such as STABmons which is probably the only one I can play decently :(!
Ranger Mike, Kit Kasai, Arhops, Pikachuun, manu 11, Piccolo Daimao, simsims2800, w0rd, Adrian Marin

Survivors!
I remember when this room was still private :') Keep up the range of game modes and progress guys
Quarkz, Ninety_Nine, Aknolan, Swirlyder, Tikitik, Vexinator

Tournaments AND Challenges!
Two greats rooms which have gone far from what I first saw at the beginning!
Acast, Deceived, Feliburn, girafferider, Xlstevo, CP3MVP, TheEpicBro, FireMage, The Bravest Bird, AM, Saucy Raichu, Exeggutorial

Smogon people! :D
Just people that have been great to me while I've been on the forums ^.^
tennisace, Jellicent, MiniArchitect, 13ulbasaur, Jellicent, Toast++

I'm truly sorry to anyone I missed out, this took me way longer than I expected and I'm too lazy now, if you feel that you deserved something PM me on Showdown and I'll tell you personally why I think you're wonderful:heart:!

Some mass highlight I got going on here, oh wells! YOLO :]
Farming for those likes. GG.

On a more related note i do agree that some rooms literally have no reason to be having spoilers like the competitive tutoring room for example. Most cases it either promotes spam or is spam/trolling.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I totally support the idea of a room-based toggle button for spoilers, I would like to point out that each person already has the ability to individually toggle spoiler presence by supressing it just as they can suppress bold / italics etc. It won't stop people from using it, but at least you won't see it.

I assume that is why functions like those are still around; they have small, specific uses and can easily be ignored if someone really doesn't like them.

While I totally support the idea of a room-based toggle button for spoilers, I would like to point out that each person already has the ability to individually toggle spoiler presence by supressing it just as they can suppress bold / italics etc. It won't stop people from using it, but at least you won't see it.

I assume that is why functions like those are still around; they have small, specific uses and can easily be ignored if someone really doesn't like them.
Yeah however, for example in WiFi people try to make their trades stand out, and in Tours they try to make their tours stand out by spoilers, and the average user doesn't have that turned off.

That's not to mention the spam in smaller rooms.

Reactions: AM
Yeah I wasn't implying an altogether removal, but rather a room by room basis.
iirc there is no way currently to identify the source room in the .js file that handles formatting. This would require some more complex ways to link the chat rooms to the server which makes it a deceptively bigger change than you would expect.
I'm also not sure this would fix the "real" problem in that the group of users who want to cause problems will just find other ways to continue to cause problems. Spoiler abuse seems pretty mild considering it's so easy to suppress and punish for them.

Okay so, 2 things: first of all, thanks Darnell c:
second of all: I agree, turning off spoilers PER ROOM is a good idea, for some things like anime&manga it's very useful and all but for other rooms it's just annoying as hell n_n

Okay so I seem to suck at reading and I see what you mean SolarisFox, point is, they already have it turned to + in lobby right? why not make a command for RO's so they can do that for their room too? and spoilers are actually probably the best way for people to troll seeing as the staff or roomauth can't immediatley see what's behind it and if they also say something like "about the final episode of ..." before the spoiler then it doesn't seem like it's bad or anything and you don't want to be spoiled either making spoilers pretty hard to actually handle for the staff. Putting it on the banword list isn't very good either because then people who wont abuse it can't use it anymore either, next to that I don't really know how the banword list of boTTT works but if it works like I think it does you would get muted for just saying spoiler without using an actual spoiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's a great idea, sometimes people have literally done a ladder match for almost every tier and if you don't know and need to find a specific tier you'll get spammed without there being any need for it n_n

Okay so, 2 things: first of all, thanks Darnell c:
second of all: I agree, turning off spoilers PER ROOM is a good idea, for some things like anime&manga it's very useful and all but for other rooms it's just annoying as hell n_n

Okay so I seem to suck at reading and I see what you mean SolarisFox, point is, they already have it turned to + in lobby right? why not make a command for RO's so they can do that for their room too? and spoilers are actually probably the best way for people to troll seeing as the staff or roomauth can't immediatley see what's behind it and if they also say something like "about the final episode of ..." before the spoiler then it doesn't seem like it's bad or anything and you don't want to be spoiled either making spoilers pretty hard to actually handle for the staff. Putting it on the banword list isn't very good either because then people who wont abuse it can't use it anymore either, next to that I don't really know how the banword list of boTTT works but if it works like I think it does you would get muted for just saying spoiler without using an actual spoiler.
WiFi currently has the term "spoiler:" set to automute, due to how big a problem it became. Ideally, I'd like to avoid so many mutes, as they cause unnecessary fighting with users.

and that's another problem indeed, if it is off you'll get less arguments about it, if it's on automute you'll have people who don't agree ALL THE TIME and they'll get very annoying for staff/roomauth. Even 1 argument can be annoying as hell for roomauth if it's someone who doesn't stop about it.

and that's another problem indeed, if it is off you'll get less arguments about it, if it's on automute you'll have people who don't agree ALL THE TIME and they'll get very annoying for staff/roomauth. Even 1 argument can be annoying as hell for roomauth if it's someone who doesn't stop about it.
To be honest at this point most of the people that get muted due to spoilers in WiFi are trolls, So most of the time they won't argue since they know that they will get muted for using a spoiler.As a I said most do, though there is those rare chances that they don't.

To be honest at this point most of the people that get muted due to spoilers in WiFi are trolls, So most of the time they won't argue since they know that they will get muted for using a spoiler.As a I said most do, though there is those rare chances that they don't.
smelliott and myself got into an argument with a user about it yesterday. I get into at least 4 daily.

the point is, trolls will especially argue about it to annoy the roomauth/staff so if it are mostly trolls then the arguments will take very long and will be very annoying and all while if it's normal people they'll probably understand and stop about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)