The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
not current but whoever wrote gantz was on some stuff

???????????????????????????????????????

now it's vampires ?_?

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Anime Magical Jesus and his disciples encounter vile terrorist attacks at a science fair.

Pretty sure this sums up the last few episodes quite well.

Aldnoah.Zero: 5.5 (this show has been ass since episode 2)
Tokyo Ghoul: 7 (the last few eps were very good so S2 sounds promising)

More importantly, HxH is ending tomorrow. This saddens me deeply. I no longer have anything to look forward to on Tuesday because what the fuck happens on a Tuesday. I've been watching it for the last 3 years knowing this day would come eventually, but it always seemed so far away. :(

Discussion: How have you coped with an amazing show coming to an end? This does not need to be an anime, but if it is, it better be longer than 12 episodes or some shit. Also it better be a good. If you don't know if it's a good show or not exclude the name. I don't want to hear from that one guy who mentioned he's watching Black Bullet for the 3rd time because it's a 10/10.

Help :(

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Apparently there was a live-streamed Gargantia event on Nicovideo today, and twitter posts quote Urobuchi Gen as saying:

• "Aldnoah Zero's ending isn't my fault!"
  • "In my original outline, Inaho and the princess have fallen in love, and Slaine takes her away, ending the season!"
  • "Don't blame me if people die in Psycho-Pass 2, that's Ubukata's doing!"

Acklow

Discussion: How have you coped with an amazing show coming to an end? This does not need to be an anime, but if it is, it better be longer than 12 episodes or some shit. Also it better be a good. If you don't know if it's a good show or not exclude the name. I don't want to hear from that one guy who mentioned he's watching Black Bullet for the 3rd time because it's a 10/10.

Help :(

All you can do is cry until you find something to get your mind off of it. Happened with me and Steins;gate, Gunbuster/Diebuster, and Gurren Lagann. Also special mention to any and all Phoenix Wright games as well as the Zero Escape series for leaving me with a bottle of open feels and no one to rant to. Speaking of ranting, it usually helps if someone watches an anime with you so you can rant to each other about all the feels you have overflowing.

Butch has barely been doing anything substantial lately. he did parts of Gargantia and Aldnoah and apparently isn't even involved in Psycho Pass s2.

Though I guess that leaves Madoka Rebellion and that other new movie he's doing with all the CG.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Anime Magical Jesus and his disciples encounter vile terrorist attacks at a science fair.

Pretty sure this sums up the last few episodes quite well.
I was disappointed when the army showed up. It was like, why bother?

It would've given the (better) side characters more of a chance to shine too.

Acklow

I agree, but I almost felt they rushed these last few episodes just so that we would see "Shiba-kun" beat the shit out of everybody. I hope the manga will do a much better job with the story than this. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the second arc translated lately, almost as if the whole thing was dropped.

Sooooooooo ... ZnT just ended and stuff ....
I think the best complaint is that Terror in Resonance should have been a movie, not a TV show. If it was supposed to be a thematic thriller that grabbed your attention and impacted you in the end, it needed a faster pace. It's not like you'd be missing out on character development if you cut out a lot of its scenes; the show had only a handful of meaningful scenes in the first place. Since it didn't care for realism in a lot of key scenes anyway, why did we need all the meat about the project and the bomb and the bombing attempts? If it was a movie, I probably would have felt alright recommending it.

EDIT: Visual aid. Biased but hits some of the big points. Really think most of these problems would have been solved with a movie format.

Last edited:
I'm a pretty slow show watcher in general but so far I've managed to get through TTGL, code geass, and eva this year

Currently trying to catch up on other anime that people have recommended - right now, I'm stuck between Steins Gate, Cowboy Bebop, and the Monogatari series. Any outstanding recommendations for which one I should start with?

RODAN

Banned deucer.
alright on the other hand with barakamon finishing today, what was everyones thoughts on this anime season. personally i thought it was about 10x better than last season with notable stand outs being gekkan shoujo nozaki kun/aldnoah/barakamon/space dandy. it really felt like a bunch of high quality comedies came out and just blew away the other hype trains.

also speaking of trains i think i unironically love RAIL WARS.

also i never thought id watch something worse than black bullet this soon but then i got glasslip (currently sitting at 5.95 on mal godbless)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rails wars is "i love trains more than i like boobs and i like boobs a lot", it did what it set out to do n therefore is good

in order... ping pong, mushishi, jojo's, NGNL, good mediocrities (wixoss, chaika, nanana, kawaiso, sidonia...) vs GSN, barakamon, jojo's, resonance, slightly better mediocrities (ghoul, aldnoah but that's about it) and I didn't watch space dandy

it balances out if not giving an edge for spring, though man idk fall should be marginally better than both (mushishi, PP2, FSN, parasyte, a bunch of other sequels as well as other things that might turn out solid) with hopes of parasyte contesting ping pong for aoty

but it's 24 episodes, wouldn't it count for 2015? so sad

I think there were a bunch of shows that had lots of potential initially, but just got worse and worse at it went on. For example Aldnoah and ZnT each had really high production value, but lacked in the writing department a bit (or rather a lot, in case of Aldnoah).
I think the best shows this season were those that just didn't stand out very much, because people would go into it with lower expectations, which can only benefit the experience one could get from a show. Whereas going into something such as Aldnoah.Zero, which has been hyped up a lot, especially throwing around big names such as Aoki, Sawano and of course Urobuchi, there is no way one wouldn't have high expectations of it, which can only worsen the experience, especially for me as someone who is very much interested in that industry as a whole and as such has a certain amount of knowledge and experience.
To be fair though, I haven't watched much from this season. ZnT, Aldnoah, Prisma Ilya and Rail Wars which is on hold atm. Mostly because I don't like watching airing shows.

Barakamon and nozaki were pretty good, aldnoah was at least less dissapointing than gargantia. Meanwhile I'm tentatively only watching grisaia in the fall, but I guess I'll pick up whatever looks promising midseason.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
Favorite for summer probably nozaki or rail wars, followed closely by barakamon

preliminaries for fall
Fate Obligatory "it's fate"
Gugure! Kokkuri-san folklore stuff is a bit interesting even if it is totally inaccurate
Log Horizon 2 been waiting for this, season 1 was overall good
Magic Kaito big fan of DC, nice to see his other series get some attn
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji gotta watch a ridiculous shoujo or it doesn't count

Mitsuka Souji is a first year high school student who greatly loves the "twintails" hairstyle. One day a beautiful girl, Thuearle, who comes from another world suddenly appeared in front of him and gave him the power to transform into the twintails warrior TailRed. Now Souji, with the help of his childhood friend Tsube Aika who can becomes the twintails warrior TailBlue, must fight in order to protect the peace on earth.

LOL

Psycho Pass 2 (late) almost finished watching the first season, is p good
Sanzoku no Musume Ronja ghibli series??? anyone would be crazy not to watch this
SAOII 2 continuation, obligatory "SAO"
might watch the tenchi muyo short because it's tenchi muyo
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Special OVA hahahah yes this was a great series
coulp more ovas but eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)