Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

completely legit poster for Smash 4
Falco and Luigi arent really clones anymore.

Also Doc is a clone of Melee Mario :p

cmon dread, step up your game :]

EDIT: also on the topic of items: [Add in obligatory "who cares about them when we got competitive smash :]]]" comment here!]

The only items I plan to remove are:

-Crates/Capsules/Party Balls: Not because of the explosions, but because of the clutter they cause, hopefully the Red Weeds are not grouped together with those, I like the weeds.
-Dragoon: Daybreak is better and less annoying, although it might go away too if it appears too often.
-Golden Hammers: normal Hammers are enough, IMO.
-Smoke Balls and Springs: Because they are boring.

And of course items will be set to Low, which is enough to give the game a perfect balance for me.

Pic of the day. Here are the results for Conquest mode for players in Japan that are playing the Japanese 3DS version. Their next challenge is to battle each other with fighters they've trained up and fighters made of metal!!

(I can't even begin to tell you how much trouble iOS 8 is giving me just trying to copy/paste.)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Am I the only one who feels that the Smash 4 items are a little too dominating? I know a lot of people didn't like playing with them in the earlier games, but at least they were fun for some and had their strengths and weaknesses with only a few exceptions. In Smash 4 every other item seems capable of KOing at a low percentage - even discounting the Pokemon, Final Smashes and Assist trophies, stuff like the X-Bomb, the Scarab (or whatever it's called), the Galaga Ship, the Ogre club, the Daybreak, the Dragoon and others are pretty much huge, instant advantages for whoever gets them first, making the non-omega matches less of a battle and more of a scramble for items. I enjoyed the items in every other game, but the Smash 4 items are too decisive.
I have a feeling it's going to be a lot better when we can customize which items we can use in what matches. I feel the same way about the items.

Some of the items are hilarious, others are just entirely troll mode (the wind blower thing is really lame). Also I think Final Smashes have been toned down somewhat compared to Brawl. None of them are proper insta kills excluding a couple (Marth's etc) and none of them are entire stage coverers anymore with the changes to Ness/Dedede's.

I really do not like the bug/galaga ship items at all. Items that can net KO's at 0% at random seems very crude. They are cool items and all, but man, they suck lol. You can't do anything once you've been grabbed by either (unless you get knocked out of the bug by someone else).

I'm not sure I understand this conquest mode thing...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
You can actually mash out of the bug. You gotta mash like CRAZY, but you can actually get out.

Don't break your pad when trying this, thanks.

Protip: masterballs only is likely the most efficient way to grind custom moves because mew drops them.
There's a game mode where you pay gold to be in this little box breaking mini game for so many minutes to earn trophies and custom moves. As far as I've seen, that looks like the best mode we have so far for quickly earning custom moves.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dunno about you guys, but I've really taken mega man to heart. I've probably played 10 hours of him. He's a real difference from people I prefer, but the trick to wiping the floor with the computers at least is to keep them at midrange until they make the mistake of rolling in. Only problem is I've only managed like 2 legit up tilts in my life, and he really lacks KO ability.

If he gets down in any time match, though, it's pretty much gg.

Pic of the day. Master Hand's glove rips open, and a mysterious substance we're calling the swarm, er, swarms out. The amount of this substance determines the shape of your final opponent, and you will have to launch it away in small clusters at a time. The higher your intensity, the denser the substance will be.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
A couple of days ago I got the opportunity to play some of my friends in the demo. Although I started out by liking Mario/Link before playing them, by the end I was enjoying Villager/Megaman the most. Their options honestly feel so fun and refreshing to me compared to the others right now.

Since nabbing kills with Megaman seems to be difficult I thought I'd compile a list of his kill moves (and anything else that can secure a stock).

1) Shoryuken Megaman's Uptilt can nab you a clean vertical KO at vaguely around 90 percent against Mario.
2) Tornado Upair can net you cheap and early star KOs if you are in the right position. Probably easier on stages with platforms.
3) Fsmash is easily telegraphed but it also has a large hitbox and range and high knockback. It cannot be punished if you space it properly and it can constrict some characters' recovery options or punish a stupid move.
4) Dsmash has high knockback and a lingering hitbox. Pretty punishable though.
5) Downair, the projectile is a spike. Megaman has a strong offstage game because, coupled with the range on this and the speed of Rush, every time you throw someone off it's a free spike attempt.
If all else fails, 6) Backair has a very quick and easy to land hitbox that can kill if a stock is really taking forever.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Megaman gets a reflector shield instead of leaf shield? Sign me up for custom moves. Leaf shield is one of the worst moves in the entire game's history :(

I had already figured out throwing Metal Blades down from the air was the best way to use them, but why didn't I consider abusing Rush Coil like that before?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)