The NU Open III - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the NU Open.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Don't make posts that just say contacted or activity. If you're making an activity post, explain why you deserve it.
  • Standard XY NU.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the NU ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
  • Post replays, they're fun to watch :D
  • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Swagger Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
Pairings:

Metal Sonic vs Tricking
New Breed vs majaspic22
breh vs Montsegur
Meru vs senable
TheFourthChaser vs meeps
(malefic vs namehtmas ) vs Versace Python Cased
gr8astard vs Sweet Jesus
Vileman vs BKC
Iplaytennislol vs NightFox
Deej Dy vs Gizmozian
AquajetBreloom vs NotHyunation
(Caledrith vs Max Carvalho ) vs d0nut
Kushalos vs Steve Angello
Dallaren vs scorpdestroyer
chimpact vs Orphic
Aqua Mann vs M Dragon
blunder vs Wepwn
Afro Smash vs Hakumen
SongSing vs Faded
Omfuga vs atomicllamas
Shaneghoul vs TheKFC
cbt vs Davon
FireMage vs BLOOD TOTEM
The Goomy vs Kiyo
KratosMana vs Mysteria
Anty vs Nabooru
failsohard vs Nas
FinalFlash vs aim
Player-0 vs Bazi
Bluwing vs (Bloo vs JirachiCelebiMew )
Level 56 vs (TRC vs kingmidas )
Tesung vs Soulgazer

Deadline:

Deadline for Extended Matches is Friday, September 26th at 11:59PM EST
Deadline for all matches is Wednesday, October 1st at 11:59PM EST

Standings:

You can see the Current standings for Grand Slam III here.

Highlight Matches:

Thanks to Zracknel for contributing the artwork for the tournament!

If I've made any mistakes, please let me know and I'll fix ASAP. Do not tell me you deserved an activity win if you got coinflipped, Im not overturning the decision.

Last edited:

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lost g1 in a tight gg, lost g2 from a little hax oh well ggs

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
gr8astard vs Sweet Jesus - gr8 has no chance against the former NU god
blunder vs WePwn
Omfuga vs atomicllamas
The Goomy vs Kiyo - Just bring Scarf Klinklang and Kiyo has no chance
FinalFlash vs aim - he beat the tier leaders, I can't bet against him

Contacted

pretty interesting matchups here n_n

New Breed vs majaspic22
breh vs Montsegur - Mont is cool but breh is a bro
Meru vs senable
TheFourthChaser vs meeps - TFC plays NU???
gr8astard vs Sweet Jesus - btw what happened to tachy
Iplaytennislol vs NightFox
blunder vs Wepwn
Omfuga vs atomicllamas - omfuga is good from what ive seen tho
cbt vs Davon
FinalFlash vs aim - this is exciting
Tesung vs Soulgazer

Cased

Banned deucer.
Contacted, really tough timzone and he doesn't seem to be as active as me but hopefully we can get it done

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
wtf??? why has davidness got the activity when i pm'ed him here the other day?? He has not even tried to reply to me to get this done this is bs lol

Wait, wait would I be able to get an extension? I know you coin flipped but like I've been on a camp and considering I'm actually in the race for top 8, I don't really want my chances fucked over by a 50/50
Because no real attempt to schedule a match was made, a coinflip was the right call and will stand.

wtf??? why has davidness got the activity when i pm'ed him here the other day?? He has not even tried to reply to me to get this done this is bs lol
It was a coinflip, not activity. But I discussed with Oglemi and you will receive the activity win. But Bluwing, i recommend you contact your opponent earlier this time, 9 hours before the deadline isnt a good time to make contact :)

Also Draeden and NotHyunations match is allowed, so that matchup is AquajetBreloom vs NotHyunation

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Because no real attempt to schedule a match was made, a coinflip was the right call and will stand.

It was a coinflip, not activity. But I discussed with Oglemi and you will receive the activity win. But Bluwing, i recommend you contact your opponent earlier this time, 9 hours before the deadline isnt a good time to make contact :)

Also Draeden and NotHyunations match is allowed, so that matchup is AquajetBreloom vs NotHyunation
Sure ill do that next time, thx!

No real attempt to schedule was made because he didn't say that our timezone difference would be difficult until 4 days after I wrote what my GMT was? I don't understand how that puts me in the wrong. Like look on my wall at the time of the messages, I replied 1 minute after the message he wrote and then he replied to me 4 days later, like sorry I didn't schedule but if he wasn't replying in 4 days me writing copious messages on his wall wouldn't have made a difference.

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
No real attempt to schedule was made because he didn't say that our timezone difference would be difficult until 4 days after I wrote what my GMT was? I don't understand how that puts me in the wrong. Like look on my wall at the time of the messages, I replied 1 minute after the message he wrote and then he replied to me 4 days later, like sorry I didn't schedule but if he wasn't replying in 4 days me writing copious messages on his wall wouldn't have made a difference.
comon man, all you did was give timezone only after he asked and then "well that's not good now is it" when he did reply on monday, you could have at least given times you could play or attempt to schedule earlier than Friday (like on the 15th when the round was posted) or message him just once again over the weekend knowing that the deadline was on Monday (three days from friday)

you were both in the wrong hence the coin flip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)