XY OU Stall team: please help me improve it!

Heatran @ Balloon/Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SpA / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
  • My lead for setting up stealth rock and hopefully get a toxic down on an enemy as steel types will most likely be cautious about switching into Heatran.
  • Balloon to avoid the earthquake 1HKO, leftovers for his only form of recovery.
  • Lava plume to fish for burns and function as his primary STAB, protect to gain a free turn of toxic damage and leftovers recovery, stealth rock and toxic is self-explanatory.
  • Specially defensive spread with a calm nature with enough in SpA to make his lava plume somewhat hurt.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
  • Tanky scout with U-turn and and packs a bit of PUNCH with Bullet Punch. Also provides defog support so there's less pressure on Latias.
  • I debated between this form and choice scarf/band scizor and decided that a stall team should have a tanky physical wall of a Scizor.
  • Defensive spread combined with mega will ensure that he can effectively wall a lot of threats. His 4x weakness to fire is padded by Heatran and Latias.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost/Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
  • Second physical wall, typical SubToxic Gliscor here to gradually chip away at enemies' health. Some points in speed to allow him to hopefully outspeed some threats.
  • Roost provides more immediate healing while substitute keeps him safe over a longer period of time. Both let him be an incredibly annoying stalling pokemon as if opponents don't have an ice-type move they'll slowly get rekt.
  • Earthquake for his STAB move and protect to let his toxic orb proc without getting it knocked off.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
  • Primary defog support while also being the most offensive attacker in this group because Latias already has respectable bulk.
  • EVs in speed are obvious, SpA to juice up the STAB moves and life orb to make Latias pack more of a punch.
  • Roost provides a good chunk of recovery to synergize with the good spread of resistances that Latias has.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
  • Second half of the VoltTurn combo with Scizor.
  • Second specially defensive pokemon with Hydro Pump for STAB. Pain split is the only recovery Rotom-W has outside of leftovers so I slapped that on because stall team.
  • Provides good chip damage on the enemy because of burns and the natural VoltTurn damage provided.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Protect
- Spore
  • Second half of the uber-annoying stall combo along with Gliscor. Alternating between protect and drain punch instead of earthquake and protect/substitute to chip down the enemy.
  • Leech seed to complete the stupid amount of recovery Breloom has and to force a switch.
  • Specially defensive spread but defensive spread could work too.

Okay, some suggestions.

heatran.gif

Heatran - Remove Protect
Your team is pretty weak to Clefable In My Opinion (Especially if Scizor goes down) due to Ice Beam becoming a staple move on many a Calm Mind Clefable. Taunt prevents any chance of Cosmic Power / Soft - Boiled / Calm Mind / Basically any status move and pretty much shuts down Clefable. It also helps deal with Belly Drum Azumarill, DDance Char X / Dragonite, Other Gliscor, any other leads (i.e Smeargle and/or switching in Excadrills) and Bulk Up Talonflame.

scizor.gif
-->
scizor-mega.gif

Scizor - Remove Defog

Run Swords Dance. +2 Scizor can sweep. Bullet Punch can Punch a hole (No pun intended) through practically anything and U-Turn can get some good damage on some resisted threats. Latias (Especially with the 72 HP Build) is Bulky and Speedy enough to usually get a secure Defog off, no problem. Also, your team seems to deal quite well with entry hazards (since it is a stalling team.), since the only probem I can see is being out-stalled by Toxic Spikes, which Heatran, Scizor and Latias are immune to anyway.

breloom.gif

Replace Breloom

A weird statement at first glance, but yes, I think you should replace Breloom with Amoonguss. The reason being: Azumarill. If Rotom-W goes down (Even to Azu itself, considering it isn't built Defensively) It can pretty much sweep your team. If you had Amoonguss however, this problem could be resolved.

Suggested Set:

amoonguss.gif

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 138 Def / 122 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

Reason:
Amoonguss is the perfect counter to Azumarill. With Giga Drain, it can get some good, super effective damage + healing. With Spore, it can put it (and other things) to sleep. With Clear Smog, it can stop things such as Dragonite getting a clean sweep on to you, and Foul Play is mainly for damage on Physical threats. Amoonguss, in my opinion, works better than Breloom as it is less predictable (Especially with Clear Smog + Foul Play) than Breloom.

Good team overall though.

Last edited:
Thanks for advice. I've happened to have already swapped defog for swords dance for Scizor and will swap taunt for protect. Will using Venusaur instead of Amoonguss with a defensive spread work?

Thanks for advice. I've happened to have already swapped defog for swords dance for Scizor and will swap taunt for protect. Will using Venusaur instead of Amoonguss with a defensive spread work?
It will but to use Venu to it's full potential you need to mega evolve it (imo). Also Amoonguss has more utility in Spore and Clear Smog which is kinda a game changer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)