XY UU Sexy Sadie (Peaked #2)

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sexy Sadie

Introduction

Hey guys! This is IB with my first RMT this gen. I've recently returned to playing competitively after a break of two years and a lot of my old buddies have since quit, so some of you may not know me. Those who do will remember that I played UU extensively during DPP and BW, and that is one thing that has not changed at all since I've returned. I've fallen in love with UU all over again, and this team is a result of a month of getting to grips with the metagame, the new mechanics, and several tier shifts. With the metagame currently dominated by a few offensive and defensive threats, I wanted to create a team that could combat both effectively while maintaining good offensive synergy and keeping the pressure up at all times.

Suicune was the Pokemon the team was initially based around. With Slowbro and Heracross banished to OU, here was Suicune's chance to really shine and its usage has certainly shot up this round. With the plethora of sets it is capable of running, I was initially unsure of which would be the most effective to use. However, there was one that really piqued my interest: a Sub CM set posted in the UU forum by kokoloko. With Suicune's ability to set up beefy 101 HP subs and its fantastic natural bulk, it would be easy to get Suicune behind a sub against many defensive walls. Substitute provided the added bonus of blocking status (especially Toxic) and easing prediction. From there on it could safely boost up and attempt a sweep. Over time though the team has come to be based around Suicune less and less since each member is capable of being an independent win condition against any team. Recently I've even been using Suicune to boost up early game and attempt to blow holes through the opponent's defenses to allow one of my other Pokemon to clean up later. All of the members of the team are fairly bulky, and I usually tend to play quite recklessly, relying on resistances and strong attacks to open up an opportunity to sweep.

I've had a pretty good degree of success with this team, using it to get three alts of mine to the top 10 on the ladder. My main alt peaked at #2 while another one, Sexy.Sadie, reached #4 which is where the team's name comes from. I would have liked to use the team in tournaments to test its effectiveness further, but unfortunately I missed out on the signups for the UU open. I think the team gives a pretty good idea of what a standard offensive team looks like in the current metagame. It's a very fun and comfortable team to use, and it uses a couple of uncommon sets which I think should definitely see more use.

Being the Beatles fanatic that I am, each member of the team is nicknamed after a character from one of their songs. Suicune was nicknamed Sadie as it is the Pokemon the team was originally based around, and also because it is of course, very sexy.

The Team

Victini @ Choice Band *** Rita
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe,-SAtk)
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick

I'm sure you all know what this does by now. :P Victini was actually the last member I added to the team, but it has ended up being one of the most important, having the ability to singlehandedly turn the game on its head with its sheer power. It fit in perfectly synergy wise and tied up some loose ends, but mostly it was chosen simply for its ability to decimate most of the tier with V-create. If I'm unsure about what to lead with I usually just start off with Victini. If it ends up being an unfavourable match-up I can just U-turn out, but if not I have a great opportunity to dismantle the opponent's defensive core early game. It is is also a magnet for bulky waters, and by chipping away at their health with U-turn or nailing them with Bolt Strike I can easily open up holes that the rest of my team can take advantage of, as my physical attackers really appreciate them being weakened or fainted.

Victini's use is not just limited to blowing holes in the opponent's team though. Its U-turn in conjunction with Cobalion's Volt Switch forms the Volt-Turn combination to build up chip damage to wear down the opponent over the course of a match, and it usually proves very effective. It has decent bulk and some useful resists, making it a solid switch-in for Fighting types such as Infernape and Mienshao, and even as a one-time switch-in for opposing Victini V-creates. Its Fire typing also makes it my team's primary answer to Sableye. The only thing I need to be wary about is switching into Knock Off, and that is usually prevented by going to Roserade first who can absorb Will-O-Wisp with Natural Cure, and then attacking it until it is forced to Recover, at which point I switch in Victini.

V-create, Bolt Strike and U-turn are all self-explanatory, standard moves on the CB set. I went with Trick over Zen Headbutt to cripple its common counters, especially Alomomola. It is extremely hard to break down due to Regenerator, and Trick renders it completely useless. It also helps as a last ditch effort against last mon set-uppers, specifically Suicune and Curselax, as Victini can KO most others with V-create anyway. And if I'm playing stall, Tricking away my Band in exchange for Leftovers means that I cripple one of their important Pokemon while also increasing Victini's longevity, which really helps over the course of the match.

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb *** Anna
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature (+Spe,-Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

When I was building this team I knew an answer to bulky waters was necessary, which pretty much meant I had to go with a Grass type to handle these threats. Roserade provides me with the all-important bulky water killer, being my first switch-in to Suicune, Blastoise, Swampert and the like. Its excellent special bulk allows it to take even an Ice Beam, so I can afford to mispredict. It also gets a free switch into most Fairy types and is a great check to Togekiss, OHKOing offensive versions with Sludge Bomb while 2HKOing defensive versions who cannot OHKO back with Air Slash. People love to switch in stuff like Hydreigon and Victini into Rose, and promptly get over half their health shaved off by Sludge Bomb. It also acts as a Toxic Spikes absorber which is extremely crucial for my team, seeing as Suicune absolutely hates them. Roserade is never a dead weight on my team, always having atleast one useful duty to perform in a match.

I chose Giga Drain over Leaf Storm mainly because I prefer the consistency. Also the fact that it recovers health while attacking means that I don't have to use up a turn using Synthesis. It also deals with CroCune better. Sludge Bomb packs a huge punch, destroying opposing Grass types and Fairies and offering great neutral coverage. Sleep Powder is just awesome as an answer to anything I cannot immediately handle, and I can use that free turn to grab the momentum in a match. Synthesis was chosen in the fourth slot mainly for a lack of a better option, as Hidden Power Fire is too weak for my taste and coverage moves like Extrasensory are too situational. It helps keep Roserade alive over the course of the match, which is important as it can keep coming in to check special attackers such as Suicune, Shaymin, and Raikou , put something to sleep or fire off a powerful special attack.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite *** Desmond
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Defog / Taunt
- Roost

This guy is just such an awesome tool against offensive teams thanks to its ability to check pretty much everything with his fantastic speed. Aero is actually surprisingly bulky with its 80/85/95 defenses, and has a decent defensive typing which gives it plenty of opportunities to come in to either provide Defog support, which any offensive team appreciates, or wreak havoc with its great attack stat and powerful moves. It is also an excellent cleaner, as by late-game there usually aren't many Pokemon that can outspeed it or survive its attacks once weakened. I also needed a solid switch-in to Togekiss and Flying types in general such as Crobat, and Aero is a great answer to them. It's definitely one of the best Togekiss checks in the tier, being able to switch into any of its moves except Thunder Wave with impunity.

Stone Edge, however unreliable, is Aero's most powerful move and is a must have. Aqua Tail gets a nice boost from Tough Claws and is especially useful for nailing Ground types like Nidoqueen and Hippowdon. The latter especially can be troublesome for my team and Aqua Tail is a solid 3HKO on even the most defensive versions, while it can't do much back. It also gives excellent neutral coverage alongside Stone Edge, hitting Steel types for decent damage. I only really lose out on hitting Chesnaught and Toxicroak, neither of which my team has much problem with. I use Taunt over Defog sometimes because Taunt really makes breaking stall easier and also helps shut down random Smeargle BP teams. Taunt also allows Aero to beat Hippowdon one on one, which is a big help. I have found Defog to not be completely necessary as there have been many matches in which I haven't had the need to use it at all, as Aero was better off just attacking. There is also the fact that many opposing teams utilise Defog as well, in which case if I get my rocks up and my opponent attempts to get rid of them they would clear my side of the field as well.

Attack is maxed, while the Speed EVs allow Aero to outspeed Kingdra after a DD boost, which is really as fast as it needs to be. The rest is dumped into HP, and means that it is almost never OHKOed by Hydreigon's LO Draco Meteor, which is a testament to his overall bulk.

Cobalion @ Leftovers *** Maxwell
Ability: Justified
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 Spe
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

If I had to pick a glue for my team, Cobalion would definitely be it. Sets up rocks, counters a number of threats in the tier, and keeps my momentum going with Volt Switch. This guy is probably the single best offensive check to Hydreigon in the tier, being able to switch into both of its STABs and OHKO back. With LO Hydreigon increasing in popularity it was important to have a solid way to deal with it, and Cobalion provides just that. Not to mention Dark Pulse even provides it with a free attack boost. :) It's also a great check to Lucario, Togekiss, Haxorus, Aero, Roserade, and a myriad of other threats. Its physical bulk is just insane; it survives even CB Dugtrio Earthquakes! It's a really underrated Pokemon atm and needs to see more use.

Iron Head and Close Combat are awesome dual STAB moves, and provide decent neutral coverage. Cobalion has a rather lackluster attack stat, but the high power of Close Combat makes up for it somewhat. Stealth Rock support is indispensable in my opinion, as it is key in wearing down offensive teams. Also some of the top threats such as Victini, Aero, and Crobat are weak to it, and limiting the number of times they can switch in is really helpful. Volt Switch allows me to keep momentum and also dish out some decent damage as it comes off a nice base 90 Special Attack, and its damage output to stuff like Alomomola and Mega Blastoise isn't too shabby.

I decided to maximise its HP EVs as Cobalion really needs the bulk to tank repeated Draco Meteors from Hydreigon. The EVs also allow Cobalion to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Aero's Earthquake after Lefties, and 2HKO back with Iron Head in response. The lack of attack EVs don't cause me to lose any worthwhile KOs, as Florges and Aromatisse are still comfortably 2HKOed by Iron Head after SR. The rest of the EVs are put into speed to allow Cobalion to outspeed Mienshao.

Suicune @ Leftovers *** Sadie
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SAtk / 12 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk,-Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Substitute is really such an excellent move on Suicune. Even after a single Calm Mind its Substitutes are ridiculously hard to break with a special attack. It also gets the opportunity to set up on so many things, such as Florges, choice-locked Hydreigon, Alomomola, Aromatisse, defensive Togekiss, Jirachi, Chandelure, Forretress, Umbreon, the list goes on! Even Blissey is defeated if Suicune is at close to full health when it comes in. 404 HP Subs = goodbye stall. It is also an excellent lure for Mega Ampharos. If it switches in on Substitute, offensive versions will lose as they are reliably 2HKOed by Ice Beam after SR. Defensive versions are also 2HKOed with a little prior damage. The starting power of this Suicune is a lot more than CroCune, packing a way bigger punch right from the outset. This set faces trouble from powerful Grass types and Electric types, but they really just represent an opportunity for my other team members to come in. Overpredicting is dangerous against this set, so my opponent is pretty much forced to use their STAB move to combat Suicune. So grass types are essentially a free switch-in for Victini or Roserade, and the same goes for Electric types who represent a free invitation for Krookodile to come in. This is the kind of offensive synergy I had in mind when constructing the team.

While this set focuses on sweeping, Suicune still has amazing defensive capabilities with the HP investment and its great natural bulk. It is my primary switch-in to the dangerous Fire types that roam the tier such as Victini, Entei, Darmanitan, and Infernape. It also handily defeats many physical threats like Mega Aero, Jirachi, Krookodile, and a lot of other Pokemon commonly found on opposing offense, and checks powerful Dragon types like Haxorus and Hydreigon in a pinch.

Scald and Ice Beam provide excellent coverage, with only fellow Water types resisting the combination. It defeats most Water types anyway, with really only Vaporeon and opposing Suicune being able to match it. Scald was chosen over Surf for the burn chance. Although the little extra power is appealing and could make a difference sometimes, in the long run the burn chance really helps against physical attackers, especially Taunters like Crobat and Sableye. I was tempted to use Hydro Pump but 8 PP is much too less for this Suicune which really needs the extra PP when it comes to facing Pokemon with Wish+Protect like Blissey and Umbreon.

252 HP is for meaty 404 HP Subs, 12 Speed to outrun defensive Rotom-H, and rest is dumped into Special Attack. I urge you to try this set out, you won't be disappointed!

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf *** Bill
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

The revenge killer, trapper, and usually late-game sweeper of the team. Krookodile is a really good Scarfer because it checks some of the biggest threats such as Victini, Alakazam, Ampharos, and Jirachi, and is an amazing cleaner with its ability Moxie. Earthquake and Knock Off are strong and reliable STAB moves and both have excellent coverage to clean when immunities and resists have been removed. And with a fantastic ability in Moxie, sometimes it doesn't even matter if resists are still around. Knock Off especially with its great secondary effect is a real weapon against both stall and offense alike. A little under 100 base power + 366 attack + STAB + removing the opponent's item is definitely going to hurt. Mid-game Krookodile is usually responsible for revenge killing various threats, or simply coming in on one of its nice immunities or resists to fire off a Knock Off to cripple something. Late-game with Moxie and two great STABs, it more often than not pulls off a sweep. Krookodile also has an extremely important role as the team's main stop to Mega Absol, surviving a +2 Sucker Punch and OHKOing back with Earthquake after SR.

Pursuit traps dangerous Pokemon like Victini, Chandelure, Alakazam, and Dugtrio, as all of them can do a number on offensive teams like mine and so my team really benefits from having them permanently removed from the match. Stone Edge offers good coverage with Earthquake and nails Togekiss and Mega Aerodactyl, who don't take much from its STABs, for the 2HKO.

I prefer Adamant over Jolly as there is a pretty significant difference in power, and Krookodile really appreciates the boost. The other main scarfers in the tier are Hydreigon, Jirachi and Raikou, all of which outspeed Jolly Scarf Krookodile anyway. The only thing I really miss out on is max speed Jolly Mega Aero who is easily checked by Cobalion and Suicune due to the drop in power from not running Adamant, so overall I think the power boost is definitely worth it.

Conclusion

Well it's been really fun building and using this team, and with Victini being temporarily banned I figured now would be a good time to post it. Feel free to suggest any replacements for it, as I hope to continue using the team in some capacity. Any other input is also much appreciated! Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick
- U-turn

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Defog
- Roost

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Offensive Threats

Abomasnow (Mega): Easily taken out by Victini and Cobalion, Cobalion especially is a great switch-in. Aero and Roserade also OHKO with their STAB moves.

Absol (Mega): Major threat if it gets an SD up, so I try to not let that happen. The only way it can get a free setup is on my Krookodile locked into Knock Off/Pursuit, so I try to avoid a situation like that at all costs if I see Absol on my opponents' team. If it gets an SD off something is probably going to die. Suicune and Krookodile are not OHKOed at +2 and so can revenge kill. Big threat.

Aerodactyl (Mega): Cobalion is a great check as Earthquake is only a 3HKO while Iron Head 2HKOs back. Suicune also beats it pretty easily at decent health, as does Krookodile.

Alakazam: Aero and Cobalion make great checks since a lot of Zams nowadays tend to run Psyshock and lack Focus Blast. Victini can also take a hit and KO back, while Krookodile easily outspeeds and KOs it.

Ampharos (Mega): Extremely hard to switch in to, but it is usually lured in and KOed by Suicune. I try to get in Krookodile on an Electric attack if I'm feeling ballsy, otherwise I switch in Roserade as it can take any hit from it and put it to sleep.

Arcanine: Suicune. Victini and Aero can switch in pretty easily too, I just need to watch out for status moves. I go to Krookodile if I see a Wild Charge coming.

Archeops: Cobalion, seeing as it 4x resists its main STAB and Acrobatics barely 3HKOs. Suicune can also take a hit and KO back, Aero destroys it.

Azelf: If it's a lead I usually start with Victini, U-turn and then go to Aero to Defog. Otherwise Krookodile, Victini and Aero all deal with offensive versions fairly well.

Blastoise (Mega): Roserade. Victini does a truckload with Bolt Strike, and Suicune can set up if I manage to get it in on a Water attack. Its lack of recovery really helps since at around 40 health all of my Pokemon can beat it. Usually worn down pretty easily by Cobalion's Volt Switch and Victini's U-turn.

Celebi: Victini beats pretty much all sets. Krookodile can switch in on Psychic and destroy it with Knock Off. Suicune beats it if it switches in on CM or Sub. Roserade beats versions lacking Psychic.

Chandelure: Suicune, Aero. Krookodile traps it.

Cloyster: Cobalion can beat it even if it gets a Shell Smash off. It can't really set up on anything anyway, other than Krookodile locked into Pursuit.

Cobalion: Victini can switch in on any of its attacks. Suicune switch in on Iron Head and CM up. Krookodile revenge kills it.

Cresselia: Victini and Aero beat the Sub CM version. Defensive versions are beaten by Victini and Krook. Suicune also sets up on it.

Crobat: Aero, Suicune, Krookodile and Cobalion all have very little trouble with it.

Darmanitan: Victini and Aero can switch in on its STAB, Suicune on any of its attacks. Krookodile revenge kills.

Doublade: Krookodile, Suicune. Victini can survive a Shadow Sneak and KO back.

Dugtrio: Can trap Cobalion, Victini and Roserade unfortunately, although it usually doesn't get more than one kill as I immediately send in Krook to Pursuit it.

Empoleon: Suicune sets up on versions without Roar. Cobalion, Victini, and Krook can all beat it but need to watch out for its STAB. Roserade beats it easily.

Entei: Similar to Darmanitan. Sacred Fire burns are troublesome though.

Flygon: Scarf versions are too weak to do much damage. Cobalion easily switches in on its Dragon attacks, Aero on EQ. Suicune can switch in on anything it has except a Banded Outrage.

Froslass: If its a lead I start with Victini, U-turn out and go to Krook and Knock Off for the KO.

Galvantula: Lead versions are dealt with the same way as Froslass.

Goodra: Suicune sets up on it. It also can't do much to Aero or Krook.

Honchkrow: Cobalion can tank even Superpowers and Brave Birds and KO back with CC. Also gets a free boost from its Dark attacks. Suicune can take a hit and KO back with Ice Beam, same with Aero.

Houndoom (Mega): Krookodile can switch in on a Dark attack and OHKO. Aero revenge kills it, Suicune also deals with it fairly well.

Hydreigon: Cobalion switches in on anything except a Fire Blast and beats it. Aero and Suicune can also take on LO versions. Victini can U-turn for massive damage.

Infernape: Victini resists its STABs but has to watch out for EQ. It's very hard to switch into so I need to play around it carefully. Usually I try to get Suicune or Aero in on a Fire move. Quite easily revenge killed.

Jirachi: Victini, Krookodile, Cobalion. Suicune sets up on physical versions.

Kingdra: Suicune 2HKOs DD versions with Ice Beam. Cobalion also takes on physical versions pretty well. Special versions are troublesome as Cobalion's Special Defense isn't good. I usually switch Cobalion into a Dragon attack then go to Rose or Cune.

Krookodile: Aero can switch in on Knock Off and EQ and KO back with Aqua Tail. Suicune deals with it pretty well, and Cobalion can switch into Knock Off for a free boost.

Kyurem: Cobalion can switch into both of its STABs and OHKOs with CC but needs to watch out for Earth Power. Victini and Suicune can switch into its Ice moves easily, Aero revenges it.

Lucario: Victini is my initial switch-in, not taking much from any of its moves except Crunch while being able to OHKO back. Cobalion checks all versions easily. Victini can survive a +2 ES and KO back, as can Krook. Suicune is also a decent check.

Machamp: Big trouble since nothing likes Dynamicpunch, so I usually go to Victini then Aero, Rose or Cobalion on the Knock Off.

Metagross: Suicune beats it easily. Victini can switch in on anything except EQ. Krookodile revenge kills it.

Mienshao: Scarf versions are a huge threat as everything except Victini is 2HKOed by HJK, so something is like going to die. On other versions I go to Victini on HJK then Cobalion on the Knock Off.

Mismagius: Krookodile can take switch in on anything bar WoW and beat it easily. Aero and Cobalion don't fear it much either.

Nidoking: Usually try and get Aero in on an Earth Power and then OHKO it back. Suicune can survive anything it has and Scald it. Victini and Krook find it hard to switch-in but once in beat it easily. It can't switch in on anything, but once it's in I need to play around its coverage carefully.

Nidoqueen: Same as King. It usually tries to come in on Aero but gets KOed by Aqua Tail.

Noivern: Cobalion can tank its Draco Meteors. Suicune can take anything else it has. Aero outspeeds and KOs it. Usually tries to switch in on Rose but gets slept or Sludge Bombed.

Porygon-Z: Agility versions are very dangerous as always. Cobalion can switch in on any of its moves and KO back with CC. Aero, Krook, and Victini all revenge kill it. If it gets both a NP and an Agility off its gg but that never happens as I never let it get two set up turns.

Raikou: Krook gets a free switch in on its Electric attacks. Roserade is a safer switch in in case its packing Aura Sphere. Easily revenged by Krook and Aero, but can be dangerous.

Reuniclus: Krookodile, Victini have little problems with it.

Rhyperior: Suicune. Usually lured in and KOed by Aero. Cobalion and Krookodile can both do a number to it. Roserade can't switch in but can revenge.

Roserade: Usually go to Cobalion first as it can take both STABs, then Rose if I suspect Sleep Powder. If I think it'll Sludge Bomb I go straight to Aero. My whole team barring Suicune can revenge kill it.

Rotom-C: Roserade resists everything its got. Victini also destroys it.

Rotom-H: Try to get Krookodile in on an Electric attack. Aero can revenge kill it. Suicune can beat it if it comes in on a CM.

Shaymin: Roserade, Victini, Aero.

Scrafty: AV versions are no problem, DD versions are dangerous so I try not to give it an opportunity to set up.

Sharpedo: Cobalion beats physical versions easily. Suicune can also beat it if it's at low health. Roserade can survive a Crunch and KO back.

Starmie: Krookodile can revenge kill. Roserade is my initial switch-in, then Krook on the Psyshock. Suicune can set up on Tbolt-less versions.

Tornadus: Aero, Krook, Suicune.

Toxicroak: Gets beaten if it switches in on Suicune CM. Krook and Aero can revenge it easily. Usually lured in by Rose and put to sleep. Victini destroys it but needs to watch out for Sucker Punch.

Victini: Suicune is my first switch-in as it will never Bolt Strike for fear or Krook. Aero can also tank V-create. My own Victini can survive a V-create and KO back. Mixed versions are harder to work around, if I see LO I go to my own Victini as it can't do much to it. I try to get it to use Thunder at which point I go to Krook.

Virizion: Roserade and Victini resist its STABs and can KO back with their own STABs.

Yanmega: Cobalion as it usually spams Bug Buzz. Speed Boost versions are a problem, but Aero, Suicune and Victini can survive a move from it and OHKO back.

Defensive Threats

Aggron (Mega): Suicune sets up if it lacks Roar. Ridiculously bulky but Victini, Cobalion and Krook can all beat it.

Alomomola: Roserade. Suicune sets up. Krook can Knock Off Lefties/Rocky Helmet and Victini can Bolt Strike/Trick.

Aromatisse: Victini, Cobalion, Roserade beat it easily. Suicune sets up.

Blissey: Suicune can beat it if its at decent health and Blissey switches in on CM/Sub. Victini, Cobalion and Taunt Aero destroy it.

Chesnaught: Trying out Aerial Ace on Aero to help with it. Suicune beats it if it comes in on CM. Victini OHKOs it.

Donphan: Suicune, Aero. Roserade can't switch in but beats it one on one. Victini 2HKOs with V-create.

Empoleon: Suicune sets up if it lacks Roar. Everything except Aero deals with it easily.

Florges: Same as Aromatisse.

Forretress: Set up bait for Cune. Victini, Cobalion and Krook beat it while it can't do much back. Try not to let it set up if Aero lacks Defog.

Gastrodon: Suicune can set up. Easy switch-in for Roserade. Aero can Taunt its attempts to Recover. Krook and Victini both do a lot with their STABs.

Gligar: Krook can Knock Off its Eviolite to make it significantly easier to deal with. Aero and Rose beat it handily. Suicune sets up.

Granbull: Roserade, Victini, Cobalion, Suicune.

Hippowdon: Suicune, Aero, Roserade. Victini 2HKOs. If Aero lacks Taunt I have trouble with it.

Nidoqueen: Everything except Cobalion can beat it.

Sableye: Try to get Victini in on anything but Knock Off, then OHKO it. Roserade and Suicune can beat it too. Annoying as always.

Slowking: Suicune sets up. Roserade, Krook and Victini all beat it.

Snorlax: Cobalion, Aero, Krook.

Starmie: Try to get Krook in on an Electric attack, then Knock Off/Pursuit. Rose can switch in on anything but Ice Beam. Aero revenge kills.

Suicune: Roserade. Victini does huge damage with Bolt Strike. Aero can Taunt its attempts to CM/Rest. Krook can revenge at low health. Usually I try to whittle its health down over the course of the match with U-turns/Volt Switches.

Swampert: Hate this thing, walls so much of my team. Usually I try to get its health down to about 60, which isn't hard with its lack of recovery. Then it is 2HKOed as it switches into V-create. Cune and Roserade can beat it one on one.

Tentacruel: Suicune can set up. Krook OHKOs. Roserade deals with it decently.

Umbreon: Suicune sets up. Cobalion easily beats it. Rose can sleep it. Victini and Aero can beat it but have to watch out for Foul Play.

Reactions: Mq

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
choice scarf mienshao is a huge threat for this team, since both your fighting-type resists don't have great defensive capabilities and your suicune isn't running max defense. it will pretty much get a kill every time it comes in and can usually stay alive for a very long time thanks to regenerator. i don't want to suggest any drastic changes since this team has wonderful synergy, and it's not like mienshao flat-out sweeps you or anything, but it would probably benefit this team to run aerial ace over stone edge on aerodactyl so you can beat it one-on-one. it also helps out against bulkier fighting-types such as chesnaught and machamp, both of which also beat a large portion of your team.

what would replace victini with if you had to use the team now, or would you be forced to scrap it due to victinis importance and unique attributes?

Since Tini's gone, I replaced it with Specs Chandelier. Not only does it cover Mienshao (as pointed out by FLCL), the omnipresent Fighting types and Fairy types (immune to former which is a very good thing as it can't be worn down by repeated CC or HJK), it can also switch into suicidal Azelf, act as a primary switch-in to Snorlax/Goodra (resists their usual coverage moves) and also doubly resists U-turn.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Thanks for the rates guys!

FLCL Yeah you're totally right, my Fighting resists aren't the best. You know, I've actually tried Aerial Ace on Aero but over Aqua Tail instead, but I always missed the coverage against bulky Ground types. Aerial Ace / Aqua Tail sounds like an interesting combo, I'll definitely try it out. I might miss out on the coverage against Flyers but it's not like Aero has trouble otherwise against most of them anyway. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jvasss No I haven't scrapped it, I'm still looking for a replacement. No doubt Victini was very important and I probably won't be able to find a Pokemon with attributes quite like it, but the team has very good synergy even without Victini and doesn't overly depend on it. In fact the rate after yours has provided an excellent replacement for it. :)

TrulyDevious I actually had the exact same thought! It gives me a much more reliable switch-in to Fighting moves, and also hits like a nuke like Victini, although from the special side rather than physical. And as a bonus it can also utilise Trick. I will definitely test it out, thanks!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Well seeing as Victini and Aero both 2HKO it and it has trouble switching in on anything but Cobalion it isn't too much of a problem. But in a sense you're right, generally I have trouble switching into it and other bulky Grounds because Aero is my only EQ resist, but it's not hard to lure them into using it and get Aero in safely. From there Aqua Tail + Taunt in Hippowdon's case can beat them. If Donphan has Ice Shard you can easily switch to Victini/Suicune to tank it and KO next turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)