Who is your favourite anime villain?

Pretty self explanatory, interested in seeing what people come up with, to start this off mine:

Gin(Jin) from the anime Detective conan; intelligent, savage and absolute bad ass

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
The great witch Beatrice from Umineko. And by Umineko, I mean the manga.

Hard one, but since I happen to be revisiting it, Sesshomaru from Inuyasha was a decent antagonist who turned all anti-hero in the end.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

OK real talk this guy was one of my favorite villains ever. Sword Art Online Season 2.

Holy fuck is this guy just, evil. But more than that, he was like brutal and creepy and like, he had no fucking empathy at all. Just fantastic and made the show worth watching cuz you literally wanted him to die.

Gendo from Eva.

Ryu from Ping Pong. More of an antagonist than a villain.

Hideyoshi from Hyouge Mono.

I choose all three.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!

Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
So~~~~ handsome~~

Gilgamesh (Fate Unlimited Blade Works)
So~~~~~~ handsome~~~

Done.

jynx I'd argue that Lelouch isn't really a villain.
The whole anti-hero archtype in general I wouldn't classify as stritcly villainous, unless they are clearly set up as a sort of antagonist, which in turn means that the same character cannot be the protagonist. I guess the only exception to this rule would be Light Yagami, since he is the only anti-hero character who is genuinely evil while at the same time being the protagonist.
Gilgamesh works, although he doesn't really have a meaningful purpose imo. The only reason why he gets in people's way is to troll the living shit out of them, which I find hilarious.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gilgamesh works, although he doesn't really have a meaningful purpose imo. The only reason why he gets in people's way is to troll the living shit out of them, which I find hilarious.
From Gilgamesh's perspective, he is the only one with a meaningful purpose. Gilgamesh is the hero king, one true ruler and owner of all things and people. It's his divine right, nay, even duty to get the most that he can out of every situation. And because he's your loving king, he's automatically the hero, not a villain. So that's the only reason he shouldn't be on this list. He wouldn't expect a peasant like you to understand though.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
jynx I'd argue that Lelouch isn't really a villain.
The whole anti-hero archtype in general I wouldn't classify as stritcly villainous, unless they are clearly set up as a sort of antagonist, which in turn means that the same character cannot be the protagonist. I guess the only exception to this rule would be Light Yagami, since he is the only anti-hero character who is genuinely evil while at the same time being the protagonist.
I thought byronic heroes are a type of villain too.
He's definitely not an antagonist though, Suzaku is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)