Other Good Cores (V2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing recover because of assault vest is not really worth it imo
Using Recover would only cost me valuable coverage, which is probably Starmie biggest pro on offensive teams like mine, so I'm not really loosing Recover, I never wanted to have it on Starmie in the first place. On balanced or defensive teams Recover is a better option than AV, I agree with that, but on offense coverage is more important because you have to keep up offensive pressure on your opponent.
The point of the AV is to allow Starmie to do its main objective, which is spinning, more reliably and easier than with a LO and having an easier time switching into certain mons but still having decent offensive presence thanks to its coverage.

Last edited:
hi, I'm suggesting this core:

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 144 HP / 4 SpA / 240 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

How it works:

This is a bulky offensive core centered at DD Haxorus. Heatran is the main defensive anchor, it resists Grass, immune to Poison, can easily come in on Thunderbolts for Azu, resists Ice, Dragon, Fairy for Haxorus while Azu draws Fighting and Water moves aimed at Heatran and can come in on Dragon and Ice moves for Haxorus. In terms of coverage, roles:

Haxorus, the sweeper, the destroyer. After a Dragon Dance, it can easily walk through teams when their steel types are eliminated. Just to show, it OHKOs Sylv and max hp Azu after rocks with a +1 Poison Jab, it can even set up DDs in front of Quagsire, thank you Mold Breaker and oh, Lum Berry. Haxorus is a big threat to both offense and stall when it starts to boost up, 2HKOing almost everything at +2.

Heatran is the fix to Haxorus' steel problems while setting up stealth rocks to guarantee kills. The EVs are set to outspeed all sorts of Azu and 44 speed Rotom. I prefer Will-O-Wisp to cripple Mega Venusaur and to render the opposing Azu useless, like I'd rather sacrifice Heatran's hp than Haxorus'. If you want Toxic it's your choice.

Azu threatens ground types that would otherwise be a problem to Heatran. Also, it forces dragons out and unleash a powerful Play Rough to anything that comes in. It can be a fair check to Greninja thanks to Assault Vest. EVs are variable. Feel free to run a Belly Drum set.

Threats:

Scarf Garchomp is a threat because it wrecks Heatran and Haxorus, OHKOing both. Mega Medicham also, I have protect on Heatran but.. everyone knows that. Other threats are Charizard X/Y, Mega Pinsir, Keldeo, Mega Heracross.

On defense, physical walls seems to be problematic, this include Hippo, Gliscor, Slowbro. That's when Azu's Knock Off and Tran's wisp come to play.

Support:

This core is meant to be an offense oriented team so any hazard control is beneficial, Latias being the most common hazard controller and the most effective one, Latias can run HP fire/fighting to check Ferrothorn/Bisharp respectively, don't forget that healing wish support is damn good.

Special attacker(s) supports this core nicely, as it fixes the physical wall problem the core has. Greninja may be the most optimal choice as it also beats Latis, Landorus, non scarfed Keldeo, Rotom and a lot more. Thundurus and KyuB are also good teammates.

A ground resist or immunity is greatly appreciated, if you're running Latias as your hazard controller, it is fine to skip this but if you desperately want to dodge that Excadrill mold breaker EQ you might want to consider having this. Fast flying types fit on this spot like Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Staraptor and more.

U-turn/Volt Switch user. Haxorus is frail, this gives him free switches to set up without taking damage (note that you only Volt/Turn out to Haxorus in a favorable match up) and proceed to do what he does. Forretress is perfect for this spot, sets up hazards, spins and most importantly, it has a slow Volt Switch for Haxorus. If going for Forretress, turn this team to a Balanced team and Heatran's set will obviously change. Rotom, defensive LandT, Scizor. Ah, they're all good.

and yea, :)

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Here's a defensive core that crossed my mind, it's more of a prototype at the momentso I'll definitely appreciate input and testing. I also don't know how to post sprites, if a mod could edit them in / someone could tell me how to do it, that'd be great.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze/Tough Claws
248 HP / 144 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature
-Earthquake / Fire Punch
-Dragon Claw
-Will-o-Wisp
-Roost

Standard bulky WoW-ZardX, which has been discovered as a pretty good stall mon recently. Has the benefit of being pretty unpredictable pre-mega and even after, as ZardX can run multiple very dangerous sets.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SDef
Adamant Nature
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Knock Off/Superpower
-Waterfall

Assault Vest Azumarill is pretty underrated imo, it got very good special bulk and only a few weaknesses, which allows it to switch into quite a few special attacks relatively unscathed. Make no mistake though, its attacks still put out a LOT of damage. Is mainly used as a switch-in to Lando-I who pretty much wrecks the rest of this core, even though it can't repeatedly switch into its attacks and should be careful of Sludge Wave on a predicted switch. Also has no form of recovery, so it might appreciate Wish support to be able to come in more often.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed / Impish Nature
-Leech Seed
-Protect / Thunder Wave
-Power Whip / Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball / Spikes

Pretty standard defensive Ferrothorn, I guess by now we all know what it does. My personal favorite is the set which is slashed first, since it's really annoying to face and Leech Seed + Protect + Leftovers is actually pretty decent recovery, even though it doesn't mind Wish support either. Spikes can be chosen if your team has another SR setter already, Gyro Ball as a secondary STAB for more offensive presence might also be nice.

So, how does this core work? When building cores, two very popular types are Fire/Water/Grass and Fairy/Steel/Dragon. Guess what? This core is both. All three mons are more than capable to take a hit, 1.5 of them have recovery and they all can dish out some hefty damage as well. Ferrothorns Weaknesses are covered by Azumarill (and it's Fire weakness by Zard X as well), even more by its AV since most attacks aimed at Ferrothorn will probably be special anyways and Azumarill can threaten most Fire/Fighting users out. Its ability to switch moves comes in really handy as well as you might be able to get off a surprise attack on the next opposing mon, given that your opponent doesn't run calcs and/or mistakes you for the BD set. Azumarill's weaknesses are covered by Ferrothorn (1 immunity, 2 resists) and also decently by Zard X (2 resists). Zard X on the other hand has its Dragon weakness covered by Azumarill (immunity) and Ferrothorn (resist) and its Rock weakness covered by Ferrothorn. The only problem are Ground attacks which hit all 3 members of the core at least for neutral damage and are very common, but can also be worked around with the right teammates.
Between its very solid resistances/immunities and offensive presence, this core also provides hazard support, status support (as well as Leech Seed if you count that), Knock Off support and priority and as such is pretty well-rounded. Depending on the teammates chosen, the core can work in full stall or more balanced teams.

So yeah, that's my idea. As said, input and testing as well as threats would be appreciated, I didn't have the time to test it extensively so far (I don't have the time for extensive testing in general, which kinda sucks), but I think there's some potential here if I didn't miss something very important.
About chive's FWG + FSD core I feel (after testing) that Char X is not that helpful(doesnt cover a weakness).Ferrothorn + AV Azu need a defogger like Latias either way so a mon like BU Talonflame +Latias work fine saving a mega spot as Latias has great synergy with AV Azu.Would aprreciate more imput

Attachments

Last edited:
y'all ready for a blast from the past?
+

good ol days (Terrakion) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

good ol days (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

this core existed in BW(had dragon gem chomp over LO iirc) and after testing, it still works here in XY. the main idea is that terrak+garchomp share similar(if not the exact same) counters, so chomp runs a lure set with powerful special moves designed to decimate its counters, and by extension, terrakion's counters. terrakion runs a subSD+salac berry set in order to be able to clean after chomp removes terrakion's counters. this core also provides a SR setter, so chomp isn't dead weight if there isn't anything for it to lure. this can be utilized by terrakion to turn 2hkos into ohkos, and 3hkos into 2hkos. also, the garchomp set is a formidable wall breaker, considering its power and coverage, but it should mainly be used as a lure.

as for threats to this core, there are astonishingly few. offensively, i'd have to say the biggest threats are water types, such as keldeo, azumarill, and greninja. they have the coverage+power to beat this core, which is actually kinda bulky. there aren't really many defensive threats to this core.

as for teammates, electric- types stand out. thundurus, raikou, mega manectric are all good options considering this core hates most water types. it really likes other things that can take advantage of the walls this core breaks, so azumarill, gyarados, etc all enjoy this core.

Before I post this, shout out to sharpteeth, the toxicroak set that gave me the inspiration for this core is from him.

upload_2014-9-6_18-16-52.png

Smite (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish
- Sludge Wave/focusblast
upload_2014-9-6_18-17-20.png

Blind (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
upload_2014-9-6_18-17-47.png

The Colossus (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

The focal point/wincon of this core is Rock polish landorus i, who's main problems are the evil beings known the lati@s, the blobs and azumarill/crawdaunt. The playstyle of this core goes a little like this: Landorus/something puts on offensive pressure, lati@/azumarill/blob comes in, and you switch toxicroak into azumarill/crawdaunt, who OHKO with drain punch/gunk shot, or ttar comes in on the others, pursuit trapping them. Ttar also does hazard control and lures ferrothorn pretty well. Toxicroak's ice punch makes those landorus t's switch ins pretty uncomfortable. Once the counters/checks are smoke, landorus sets up a rock polish on something, and ta-da, the win condition is true, and you sweep. Keldeo provides a bit of trouble for the core, as hp flying variants are able to get by toxicroak, otherwise, croak stops it dead in it's tracks. Any attempts to revenge from azumarill with aqua jet is crushed by toxicroak. Rain teams that might be able to threaten Lando with swift swim users are also stopped by toxicroak
Mega TTar isn't required, normal ttar works fine too, although its power is pretty fun. mega ttar can also run a defensive spread better than normal ttar, as it retains the killing power of pursuit even w/o investment.
Threats: Mainly pressure from other landorus i's can be annoying.
Support: Something to deal with other landos, Latias handles that solidly, but if you are pursuit weak, need to handle mega pinsir and need a defogger, sp def zapdos with some def investment works.

Last edited:
y'all ready for a blast from the past?
+

good ol days (Terrakion) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

good ol days (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

this core existed in BW(had dragon gem chomp over LO iirc) and after testing, it still works here in XY. the main idea is that terrak+garchomp share similar(if not the exact same) counters, so chomp runs a lure set with powerful special moves designed to decimate its counters, and by extension, terrakion's counters. terrakion runs a subSD+salac berry set in order to be able to clean after chomp removes terrakion's counters. this core also provides a SR setter, so chomp isn't dead weight if there isn't anything for it to lure. this can be utilized by terrakion to turn 2hkos into ohkos, and 3hkos into 2hkos. also, the garchomp set is a formidable wall breaker, considering its power and coverage, but it should mainly be used as a lure.

as for threats to this core, there are astonishingly few. offensively, i'd have to say the biggest threats are water types, such as keldeo, azumarill, and greninja. they have the coverage+power to beat this core, which is actually kinda bulky. there aren't really many defensive threats to this core.

as for teammates, electric- types stand out. thundurus, raikou, mega manectric are all good options considering this core hates most water types. it really likes other things that can take advantage of the walls this core breaks, so azumarill, gyarados, etc all enjoy this core.
Bulky SD Mega Scizor stands out as a solid teammate because it can help vs Unaware Clef. Mega Venusaur is also an annoying mon for this core to face, and Thundurus proves to be problematic because of raw power.

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Serious Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Kinda surprised this core hasnt been suggested yet, but whatever. Its a pretty simple core, with godfish wish passing to AV goodra who can take literally any special hit for days. Rocky helmet on alomolola is since it is usually a knock off fodder vs stuff like bisharp and lando t, so you might as well get chip damage off. I don't really find the lefties useful either, since it is used more of a pivot than anything. Ive seen waterfall ran on it, but scald burning is just so reliable, its hard not to go for it. Dragon Pulse on goodra so it doesnt become set up fodder, fire blast for sciz/ferro trying to switch in, eq for tran and ice beam for genie spam. I gave sap sipper since it covers alomolola's grass weakness and because the amount of grass moves after the aegi ban is astonishing, e.g leech seed, spore.

Threats

Usual wall breakers here, like mega hera with bullet seed, mega garde, sd mega zard x, mega cham to a certain extent, alomolola certainly opens up the options of mind games w/ protect and scald burn chance. Most sub boosting variants, like sub sd chomp, sub sd gyra.

Partners

This core is a really sweet core for offence teams as it provides pivot switches and hard hitters (goodra). As well as something to deal with sand spam, which usually takes the life of offence. Some mons i would like to note, mega manectric,
lando t, jirachi, gliscor, greninja, (most offensive mons which need a pivot in general).

IMO, you should run -atk. I understand Sap sipper is there, but EQ already 2HKOs tran, and it can do nothing back to you.
0- Atk Goodra Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 248-292 (64.4 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0- Atk burned Goodra Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 124-146 (32.2 - 37.9%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 67-81 (17.4 - 21.1%) -- possible 5HKO
He isn't doing anything to you.

And use 20 speed. Take it from HP. It outspeeds 40 speed Tran and 16 speed Venu. And you can 2HKO Tran before it burns you. Even with 2 low rolls, you beat it in a 3HKO.

aight bitches utility core time:

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SAtk / 80 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Clear Smog/Haze/Taunt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 HP / 180 Def / 92 SDef
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

This duo has been one of my favorite cores to play around with as of late, and I will 'splain to all you (BAN ME PLEASE)-folk why this be. Firstly, Clefable and Gengar have that neato backstory where Gengar is supposedly Clef's shadow or some shit, which is hella dope. Secondly, these two break a metric fuckton of utility to the table. Defensively, they resist 9 types in poison, dark, bug, grass, fairy, normal, fighting, and dragon, w/ three of those being immunities. Offensively, ghost + fairy packs some of the best neutral coverage, with only Pyroar (lol) resisting both types. But this not be what causing the panties to drop. Check out dat movepool. Check out dem stats. Hnngggg. Les start with Gar. Gengar forces a lot of switches and therefore has a lot off opportunities to set up a sub, or if you like to live dangerously, a will-o. Once safely behind a sub feel free to spam shadow ball until your sub is broken or fire off (heh) wisps until that shit be crispy, then switch out or spam subs/ball or whatever the fuck you feel. Clear smog is the crux of this set, as it allows you to switch safely into an opposing CM Clef and neuter it on the spot, preventing further boosts and rendering it useless. Haze can also be used for shit like Bisharp, but with the will-o + sub that shouldn't be an issue. Finally, taunt is an option if you can handle clef well but are weak to venusaur, but unless you have some solid clef answers I'd stick to clear smog.

k NEXT ova here we got the Clef. This Clefable set in particular serves a good number of roles, with the main one being a nearly unparalleled stallbreaker. Chansey ain't safe, Doublade ain't safe, ain't nobody safe up in here. Spam Knock Off then set up n sweep. Outside of shitting on stall, Clef serves as a dragon/ninja/rotom check and general knock off/fairy spam.

It is possible to play around Bisharp with these two, but a Bisharp check is a necessity. Same story with Scizor/Exca/Pinsir. Fortunately, this core fits well on many different team archetypes so you got a lot of options available. Defensively, one of the best partners out there is Skarmory, which handles all the above shit with no problem, especially taunt/counter variants. Offensively, Scarf Keldeo and Mega Manectic are both great additions. There's some other mons that work well but I cbf to type them up. go check the ou analysis' or something.

all I got for now, have fun scrubs

This is just something I randomly thought up, but

Defensive Core

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
Nature: Bold
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch / Light Screen
- Magic Coat / Reflect
- Flash Cannon

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Speed
Nature: Impish
- Earthquake
- Wish
- Protect
- Dragon Claw

Ok, these two look like they belong on an HO team. But they each have good statistical bulk ( Zone has 70 / 115 / 90 and Mence has 95 / 80 / 80.)
The basis is that these two resist all of their partner's weaknesses. Salamence provides Wish - passing (why does it even learn Wish?) and the physical bulk. Fully invested Mence is actually quite bulky with Intimidate, and Magnezone is very specially bulky. The EVs can be switched, if you need a Bird Spam counter, or something else. These two also have a lot of offense compared to most stall 'mons even uninvested, with their 130 and 135, respectively, offensive stats. Due to their normally offensive nature, this core forces quite a few switches, which Mence can Wish during and Zone can set up screens. Now, because these two aren't that bulky compared to some, here are the calcs.

Salamence:
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 130-154 (32.9 - 39%) -- 9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 186-219 (47.2 - 55.5%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 136-162 (34.5 - 41.1%) -- 64.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 150-177 (38 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 122-144 (30.9 - 36.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 296-350 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 132-156 (33.5 - 39.5%) -- 20.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Magnezone:
252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Magnezone: 117-138 (34 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Staraptor Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Magnezone: 162-192 (47 - 55.8%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Magnezone: 156-184 (45.3 - 53.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Magnezone: 208-246 (60.4 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Threats:If Salamence is physically defensive, HP Ice Landorus-I screws up the core. Also, near-to max speed MegaCross is a decent check, 2HKOing Mence and Zone with Rock Blast / Close Combat, while avoiding the 2HKO from either without defense drops. Also, obviously Mamoswine messes this core up.

Good Partners:Some good partners are:
Latias

Latias can use Wish as well as Mence, can set up screens, and most importantly, checks MegaCross and Landorus.

Mandibuzz

Mandibuzz checks Lando and also Defogs and Knock Offs, two things this core likes, due to the more average - level bulk, you'll be switching quite a bit. It gets Roost, and, since all other suggested members have very good damage methods, Mandibuzz can run Foul Play.
So, this is actually an (IMO) good and underrated core!
Any comments welcome!

Last edited:

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Hammer Arm
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

I was playing around with this core the other day, and found it has a great amount of usefulness. To start, Rhyperior gives you Stealth Rock support and Latias gives you Defog support. But the real value in this threesome is the sheer amount of threats and overall playstyles they either check of counter. Chesnaught stops Sand Rush Exca dead in his tracks and can retaliate with Hammer Arm, as well as taking out Tyranitar safely. STAB Grass allows Ches to take out Rotom-W, which is always a huge plus. It's utility extends beyond that, however. Leech Seed and Spiky Shield give it extra recovery and Ches is also one of the few Pokemon to resist EdgeQuake. Ches also handles almost every physical Water and Fighting type in the tier, even Ice Fang Gyara needs to get to +2 to 2HKO at full health. It can also put in work against Rain teams, checking Kabutops and beating Ferrothorn 1 on 1.

Onto Rhyperior. The biggest pain in the butt to Chesnaught? BirdSpam. Who absolutely demolishes BirdSpam? Rhyperior. It has access to EdgeQuake, Ice Punch for Gliscor and Lando-T, and it also functions as an SR setter. Ches and Rhyperior also have great synergy. Ches is weak to Flying, Poison and Fire. Rhyperior eats those attacks over and over. Rhyperior is weak to Water, Grass, Ground, Fighting and Steel. Chesnaught takes those attacks like a boss. However, both are rather weak on the specially defensive side. That leads us to the third member of the trio.

Latias is a monster at checking special threats that threaten Rhyperior and Ches. Char-Y? It needs the rare Dragon Pulse to even stand a chance. Keldeo? I guess Icy Wind on the switch works, but still strongly checked. Lando-I? It needs Knock Off, so Latias checks RP and CM variants (especially if Lando doesn't have Sludge Wave). Latias' resistances just so happen to be Psychic, Water, Grass, Fighting, Ground and Fire. So, almost all the special attacks the first two are weak to. It also provides the ever valuable Defog support.

Major threats to this core are Knock Off Landorus-I, Azumarill and Greninja. This core also has a relatively big Ice type weakness, however that is pretty much the only thing that really hurts. It is easy to put a bulky Water or Steel to take those Ice attacks. I think the trade off is well worth it due to the sheer volume of other things that are checked by this core.

Good teammates include things that can take Ice type attacks and deal with Greninja and KO Landorus. I find that bulky Wish passing Fairies work really well. SpD Clefable and any cleric Sylveon are ideal because they can both deal with the above two threats, and pass big wishes to Ches and Rhyperior, who both lack reliable recovery. Heal Bell is also a valuable tool to heal the three of burns and Toxic.

So that's the core. It does have a big Ice weakness, and is also blown apart by Azumarill. The trade-off, however, is that you check/counter the Mega DDers, Keldeo, Rain Offense, Sand Offense, BirdSpam, Char-Y, Mega Venu, Lando-T, Thundurus-I and Ferrothorn; in addition to that you also get SR and Defog support. You also still have three slots to check or counter the few things that can actually threaten the core three.

Okay, not sure if this or anything similar has been posted yet, but I'm going to post an offensive core that I've been having a bit of fun with lately.

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Between their immensely powerful attacks and Crawdaunt's priority + Diggersby's speed with a scarf, these two Pokemon have the potential to be very threatening to both offensive and defensive teams alike. Crawdaunt is something I've been liking a lot lately, it wrecks most defensive cores right now, and most things that can switch into it can't do it more than once. It's also not complete dead-weight against offensive teams, checking some offensive ground-types and being pretty threatening to sand. Scarfed Diggersby is a great partner as it shares a lot of checks with Crawdaunt, and they can both easily wear down almost anything that tries switching in repeatedly. It can also provide Crawdaunt and other teammates safe switches with U-Turn, and it's very capable of cleaning late-game after Crawdaunt has softened most of its checks.

These mons can't cover everything though, and there are some things you'll need to account for elsewhere on your team. Azumarill and Keldeo are both very threatening, but they do take heavy damage if they try switching into either member of this core. Diggersby isn't the fastest scarfer to begin with, so you'll need to make sure the rest of your team can handle other common scarfers, dragon dancers, and Mega Manectric somehow. This core is also weak to powerful priority users (Medicham fake outs, mach punch users, extremespeeds, Talonflame, Mega Scizor to an extent) so having some way to deal with those Pokemon is recommended. Flyspam is VERY dangerous, so partners like Raikou, Thundurus-I, Mega Manectric, and Rotom-W are useful, and they also give you volt-turn support. Defensive Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn can also be annoying, but they take heavy damage from Knock Off, and after some prior damage shouldn't be too bad. Lati@s and Starmie provide hazard removal and ways to deal with Keldeo + Venusaur, so they could be considered as teammates. Hazard support is also mandatory due to the nature of this core.

All in all this is a really fun core, enjoy.

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 161-192 (44.8 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 156-185 (48.2 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 177-209 (43.8 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 385-458 (97.7 - 116.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 335-395 (100.2 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 226-268 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 354-421 (98 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 260-307 (81.5 - 96.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 260-307 (80.4 - 95%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 286-338 (79.2 - 93.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
+

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]/Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

the gods are here. specs sylv+zard y possess such godlike power it disintegrates everything not named chansey. so basically, sylv rapes the dragons, zard rapes the steels, and both proceed to destroy all. specs sylv actually hits harder than mega garde, so on top of spammable stab, it has immense power to back it up. also, sylv tends to draw in heatrans, which proceed to eat an HP ground. baton pass allows sylveon to find free switches for things on its team, so thats a big +.

the best teammate one could ask for is scarf tar. it beats up fire types(fuk u talon) and pursuit traps chansey to wear it down.

anyways, try this core out for yourself. its really fun+strong

After messing around and searching through alot of pokemon, I saw a core that might work. I have never seen anyone use or mention this core before so I think it is not known. (NOTE: English is not my first language so yeah.....)
OFFENSIVE CORE

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind

Gyarados-Mega (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang / Substitute
- Dragon Dance

HOW IT WORKS?
These 2 pokemon (in some form) take each other counters and weaknesses. Rotom-Wash/Heatran is a pain for Talonflame so when you predict the switch in you use U-Turn and switch into (obviously) M-Gyara which can kill or set up. And pokemon like M-Venu and Keldeo are a pain for M-Gyara so in this cases you will need to play alot riskier but if you can make the switch into Talonflame you will either scare it out or just kill it.

THREATS:
The first thing you can see that are a problem to this team are Stealth Rocks so you will need to cover that. Raikou and pokemon like Zapdos are actually pretty hard to kill so that thing is pretty important to cover too.

GOOD PARTNERS:
So after mentioning the pokemon and thing that can be a problem to this core you can easily guess a great partner would be:

Latias (F) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish / Roost
I prefer Latias because it has more bulk (and it will look good with Talonflame and Mega Gyara being the 3 red) and you can use Healing Wish to revive at full a teammate or M-Gyara or Talonflame.
You can always use Latios but it doesnt have the same bulk (and it wont be red) but it has more offensive precense so it can work too.

Last edited:

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Okay, not sure if this or anything similar has been posted yet, but I'm going to post an offensive core that I've been having a bit of fun with lately.

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Between their immensely powerful attacks and Crawdaunt's priority + Diggersby's speed with a scarf, these two Pokemon have the potential to be very threatening to both offensive and defensive teams alike. Crawdaunt is something I've been liking a lot lately, it wrecks most defensive cores right now, and most things that can switch into it can't do it more than once. It's also not complete dead-weight against offensive teams, checking some offensive ground-types and being pretty threatening to sand. Scarfed Diggersby is a great partner as it shares a lot of checks with Crawdaunt, and they can both easily wear down almost anything that tries switching in repeatedly. It can also provide Crawdaunt and other teammates safe switches with U-Turn, and it's very capable of cleaning late-game after Crawdaunt has softened most of its checks.

These mons can't cover everything though, and there are some things you'll need to account for elsewhere on your team. Azumarill and Scarfed Keldeo are both very threatening, but they are easily worn down if they try switching into either member of this core. Diggersby isn't the fastest scarfer to begin with, so you'll need to make sure the rest of your team can handle other common scarfers, dragon dancers, and Mega Manectric somehow. This core is also weak to powerful priority users (Medicham fake outs, mach punch users, extremespeeds, Mega Scizor to an extent) so having some way to deal with those Pokemon is recommended. Flyspam is also VERY dangerous, so partners like Raikou, Thundurus-I, Mega Manectric, and Rotom-W are useful, and they also give you volt-turn support. Defensive Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn can also be annoying, but they take heavy damage from Knock Off, and after some prior damage shouldn't be too bad. Lati@s and Starmie provide hazard removal and ways to deal with Keldeo + Venusaur, so they could be considered as teammates. Hazard support is also mandatory due to the nature of this core.

All in all this is a really fun core, enjoy.

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 161-192 (44.8 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 156-185 (48.2 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 177-209 (43.8 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 385-458 (97.7 - 116.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 335-395 (100.2 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 226-268 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 354-421 (98 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 260-307 (81.5 - 96.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 260-307 (80.4 - 95%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Damn this is actually a really cool core, I've been using it to some success on several different teams and it doesn't disappoint. thx for this based diggers/daunt core - i was going to post a core of Medicham + scarf Mienshao but tbh this is much more fun. cheers

Damn this is actually a really cool core, I've been using it to some success on several different teams and it doesn't disappoint. thx for this based diggers/daunt core - i was going to post a core of Medicham + scarf Mienshao but tbh this is much more fun. cheers
Have to agree, decided to test it and damn it's good. Wallbreakers like Mega-Gardevoir appreciate Diggersby's U-turn, especially when partnered with a Volt Switch user (I use Zapdos) to create easy switch in's, so that can create a potent wall breaking unit as well as being incredibly useful against offence. Keldeo is a huge pain to this core, however, so Talonflame or a solid check are needed.

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Hammer Arm
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

I was playing around with this core the other day, and found it has a great amount of usefulness. To start, Rhyperior gives you Stealth Rock support and Latias gives you Defog support. But the real value in this threesome is the sheer amount of threats and overall playstyles they either check of counter. Chesnaught stops Sand Rush Exca dead in his tracks and can retaliate with Hammer Arm, as well as taking out Tyranitar safely. STAB Grass allows Ches to take out Rotom-W, which is always a huge plus. It's utility extends beyond that, however. Leech Seed and Spiky Shield give it extra recovery and Ches is also one of the few Pokemon to resist EdgeQuake. Ches also handles almost every physical Water and Fighting type in the tier, even Ice Fang Gyara needs to get to +2 to 2HKO at full health. It can also put in work against Rain teams, checking Kabutops and beating Ferrothorn 1 on 1.

Onto Rhyperior. The biggest pain in the butt to Chesnaught? BirdSpam. Who absolutely demolishes BirdSpam? Rhyperior. It has access to EdgeQuake, Ice Punch for Gliscor and Lando-T, and it also functions as an SR setter. Ches and Rhyperior also have great synergy. Ches is weak to Flying, Poison and Fire. Rhyperior eats those attacks over and over. Rhyperior is weak to Water, Grass, Ground, Fighting and Steel. Chesnaught takes those attacks like a boss. However, both are rather weak on the specially defensive side. That leads us to the third member of the trio.

Latias is a monster at checking special threats that threaten Rhyperior and Ches. Char-Y? It needs the rare Dragon Pulse to even stand a chance. Keldeo? I guess Icy Wind on the switch works, but still strongly checked. Lando-I? It needs Knock Off, so Latias checks RP and CM variants (especially if Lando doesn't have Sludge Wave). Latias' resistances just so happen to be Psychic, Water, Grass, Fighting, Ground and Fire. So, almost all the special attacks the first two are weak to. It also provides the ever valuable Defog support.

Major threats to this core are Knock Off Landorus-I, Azumarill and Greninja. This core also has a relatively big Ice type weakness, however that is pretty much the only thing that really hurts. It is easy to put a bulky Water or Steel to take those Ice attacks. I think the trade off is well worth it due to the sheer volume of other things that are checked by this core.

Good teammates include things that can take Ice type attacks and deal with Greninja and KO Landorus. I find that bulky Wish passing Fairies work really well. SpD Clefable and any cleric Sylveon are ideal because they can both deal with the above two threats, and pass big wishes to Ches and Rhyperior, who both lack reliable recovery. Heal Bell is also a valuable tool to heal the three of burns and Toxic.

So that's the core. It does have a big Ice weakness, and is also blown apart by Azumarill. The trade-off, however, is that you check/counter the Mega DDers, Keldeo, Rain Offense, Sand Offense, BirdSpam, Char-Y, Mega Venu, Lando-T, Thundurus-I and Ferrothorn; in addition to that you also get SR and Defog support. You also still have three slots to check or counter the few things that can actually threaten the core three.
As an edit to this core, it is much better off with a Mega Venusaur (or Amoongus i suppose) instead of Chesnaught. Mega Venu, as well as being much more bulky than Chesnaught, checks and counters way more relevant mons, especially Azumarill, Chesnaughts only niche was taking on Aegislash pretty well and it has a hard time in the current meta without Aegi. You can run whatever spread you desire on Venu but I would recommend Offensive Venu, who can threaten Ferrothorn with HP fire, a big pain to this core.

As an edit to this core, it is much better off with a Mega Venusaur (or Amoongus i suppose) instead of Chesnaught. Mega Venu, as well as being much more bulky than Chesnaught, checks and counters way more relevant mons, especially Azumarill, Chesnaughts only niche was taking on Aegislash pretty well and it has a hard time in the current meta without Aegi. You can run whatever spread you desire on Venu but I would recommend Offensive Venu, who can threaten Ferrothorn with HP fire, a big pain to this core.
Chesnaught takes on sand Offense, specifically Exca and Tyranitar, much better. Mega Venu doesn't handle that well at all.

Also, Che's beats Ferro 1v1 because it's immune to Gyro Ball and Leech Seed and Hammer Arm hits hard. Ches is a harder stop to Ferro than Mega Venu.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll add in pics once I get on a computer.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

This is like Birdspam, but better than Birdspam. This is SD spam. It works like Birdspam, except that Electric, Rock, and Steel types can't wall these two thanks to Diggersby having Normal / Ground STABs. I've found that these two have practically the same checks and counters, which allows one to break for the other to sweep. Things that Pinsir has double with such as Raikou, Mega Man, and Thundurus all fall to Diggersby, as he comfortably takes an HP Ice from them and KOes the former two with EQ, and gets a free SD against the latter as long as Thundy doesn't have Focus Blast (which I've been seein less and less of for w/e reason...). From there, Pinsir is able to sweep with those threats gone (minus Rotom and Lando, but teammates and rox help).

Diggersby doesn't like Venusaur, Heracross, Medicham, or Keldeo, but Pinsir gets a(n almost) free switch in to those, allowing him to either go for the KO or set up an SD to sweep. Both have priority, so the absence of Talonflame isn't that big of a deal.

Of course, there's shit like Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory that wall these guys pretty well (Ferro and Sciz fall to boosted EQs tho), so Magnezone makes a great partner, as he traps and beats all three. Other than that, the typical hazard setter and removers work well with these two as opposing rox hurt Pinsir while havin your own secures a few more OHKOes / 2HKOes. Volt Turners work well to get these guys in safely such as Rotom and Lando, but they aren't a necessity.

The biggest threats are the three steels I mentioned as well as Talonflame and Mew, but both can be handled by teammates or smart play. Try this out, it's good.

IMO, Rotom-W is a better Volt Switch partner to Scarf Bunny cause it is able to take moves that Bunny doesn't like to take such as Ice Beam, Hydro Pump and it also helps to act as a flyspam check and helps to spread status around as well.
Yeah very true, I needed a Defog user though so I went for Zapdos.

I'm liking the Diggersby/Crawdaunt core with a Volt Switcher to go into the bunny, but you have to keep in mind that Rotom-Wash leaves you really weak to grass, especially physically defensive Venusaur-Mega. The scarf on Diggersby is a solid choice because it keeps your core safe against the likes of Greninja or Kyurem-B, both of whom otherwise crash through offensive teams. Fortunately, you have a mega slot open in your core, so perhaps something like a Charizard X could be used to compliment your core: it resists grass, is immune to burn unlike the rest of your core, and appreciates having walls broken.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
For the Diggersby/Crawdaunt core I've been using AV Raikou as a bird check as well as packing my own tflame which forms a nice volturn core - in fact the whole team has turned into volturn spam basically, which is great bc it opens up holes for Crawdaunt, Diggersby, and Talonflame to smack shit.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

How it works:

Everyone has used or faced that one Pinsir + Magnezone team with the two bunnies on it. I toyed around with it and found that one common annoyance is that Skarm is running Shed Shell a lot now. And since teams utilizing the Pinsir + Magnezone core usually don't fare well against Skarm, it's a bigger pain in the ass than usual.

Mixed LO Garchomp (i believe it's called ChainChomp, but blehhh..) pairs VERY nicely with M-Pinsir for this reason. Garchomp and Pinsir share a lot of common checks. Mixed Chomp lures in Rotom-W, Lando-T, Skarm, and Ferrothorn (plus Bronzong lol) and either gets an OHKO or very high damage off on them to the point that they can no longer check M-Pinsir effectively enough late game after a few SR switch-ins.

Calcs:

248 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 242-285 (74 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

248 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 187-222 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

248 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 348-411 (98.8 - 116.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

248 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 302-356 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Threats & Good Partners:

This core is weak to Talonflame (well, Pinsir is) and fast/bulky Electric types such Thund, Megaman, Raikou, and Zapdos which can beat M-Pinsir and Garchomp by use of T-Bolt/HP Ice respectively. Or, in Zapdos' case, just Roosting up its HP after eating up a Draco and outright walling Pinsir.

ScarfTar is a nice check all of the aforementioned mons as well as opposing M-Pinsirs. Plus it brings sand for Excadrill which can spin for your own Pinsir and threaten all of said mons as well.

I wonder why no-one did this core, but I'll gladly do it.

paginas-planas-pokemaster_188554_pm-1.png

CeleTran works very similarly to venutran. The core works like every other deffensive core, you switch a lot and try to wall the opposing Pokemon as well as possible. Heatran can either run spdef or scarf, though spdef is probably the better, similarly celebi can run either physically or specially defensive investment, physically defensive is arguably the best if heatran is spdef.

Good teammates depends on what playstyle you have chosen. On stall teammates that can deal with Pokemon such as greninja is excellent, those consist of chansey, blissey and clefable. Bulky water types are appreciated, making suicune a great teammate.on balance, which the core will fit nicely on, teammates that can deal with the wallbreaking megas are nice teammates, making latios a great teammate. Azumarill is a great teammate, as it can check all walkbreaking megas at least ones, as well as a nice greninja check.

Teammates that can beat mega pinsir and kyurem B is also necessary for the core to do its job, making scarfed/or sand Rush excadrill a great teammate with its ability to beat those two threats, while also helping with hazard removal. Other options consists of scarfed TTar and Terrakion who also check the two. Keldeo is also a reliable check to kyerym, while a lot of Electrick types can check pinsir really nicely. Clefable is also a really good teammate, adding further synergy, as well as a block to setup in unaware.

Synergy:
Celebi: ground, fight, water,
Heatran: ice, poision, flying, bug, fire, (dark) (ghost)
*ghost and dark are not resisted, but still taken decently.

251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 hp 252 def 4 spd
Nature: bold
- giga drain
- recover
- thunder wave/heal bell
- baton pass/thunder wave
485.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash fire
Evs: 252 hp 4 def 252 spd
Nature: Calm
- Lave plume
- protect
- toxic
- stealth rocks

Landrus-T: this thing gets a free u-turn every time it comes in
Mega Heracross: as for every deffensive core this thing is a threat.
Mega Medicham: can 3hko celebi, where cele can't do much, unless it has twave.
Mega pinsir: flying+ground/fighting coverage, need I say more.
Greninja: it's stab coverage is just insane.
Kyerum-B ice/ground/electric is just annoying as Fuck.

Landorus-T a gimmicky hp-flying veriant can easily kill hera and is a great switchin to opposing landos, scarf veriants works best.

EDIT: I added a threatlist which I will update freaquently, keep the suggestion coming ^^ also good teammates is added, I have not added the ones in the description thouggh.

Last edited:
I wonder why no-one did this core, but I'll gladly do it.

View attachment 27604

CeleTran works very similarly to venutran. The core works like every other deffensive core, you switch a lot and try to wall the opposing Pokemon as well as possible. Heatran can either run spdef or scarf, though spdef is probably the better, similarly celebi can run either physically or specially defensive investment, physically defensive is arguably the best if heatran is spdef.

Good teammates depends on what playstyle you have chosen. On stall teammates that can deal with Pokemon such as greninja is excellent, those consist of chansey, blissey and clefable. Bulky water types are appreciated, making suicune a great teammate.on balance, which the core will fit nicely on, teammates that can deal with the wallbreaking megas are nice teammates, making latios a great teammate. Azumarill is a great teammate, as it can check all walkbreaking megas at least ones, as well as a nice greninja check.

Synergy:
Celebi: ground, fight, water,
Heatran: ice, poision, flying, bug, fire, (dark) (ghost)
*ghost and dark are not resisted, but still taken decently.

View attachment 27605
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 hp 252 def 4 spd
Nature: bold
- giga drain
- recover
- thunder wave/heal bell
- baton pass/thunder wave
View attachment 27606
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash fire
Evs: 252 hp 4 def 252 spd
Nature: Calm
- Lave plume
- protect
- toxic
- stealth rocks
might wanna add a pinsir check to list of suggestions for teammates, as its a very common pokemon and that core is obliterated by it. Also something for kyurem black as it will kill those two and the bulky waters you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)