XY OU Mega-Medicham MVP

I kind of just threw this team together, team building started with mega-medicham and just went from there. right now i am just running very standard sets, but i am open to any ideas.

(Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out (possibly sub)
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Mega-Medicham is meant to be an offensive powerhouse can switch in and hit hard at the right time, but being kind of frail cannot take hits to well so teaming it with volt/turn to bring it in as safe as possible. running a jolly nature over adamant for the extra speed to outspeed\speed tie with some major threats. (mega zard, drill, landorus-t). on the fence between fake out and sub because with goo predictions setting up a sub can be clutch. the rest of the team is meant to be built around supporting medicham as the mvp of the team. the set is all pretty standard.

(Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone is a pretty good user of volt switch to help bring in the mvp medicham. Not on that but magnezone is also a hard hitting specs user with a sp. atk of 591 with specs making it also a offensive powerhouse. magnezone also coming in as an great steel trapper being able to hit steel types hard with HP fire, which gives great support to the rest of the team. also a very standard set to out-speed min speed skarm and maintain bulk.

(Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall (superpower?)
- Play Rough

Azu is here because its a threat once its few checks are taken care of azu can easily ohko and sweep most teams. debating taken waterfall out for superpower since aqua jet for the most part gets the job done, but most likely not. ev spread is all standard to activate sitrus berry when using belly drum from full. been debating taking out azu for possibly keldeo but not too sure yet.

(Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 140 HP / 156 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Lando is a great u-turner to help bring in mega-medicham. Lando being decently bulky can come in with intimidate on neutral physical attacks and take them relatively well. scarf landorus comes in as a pretty good revenge killer/ late game cleaner when needed. also a very standard set used as a pivot for the most part.

(Latios) @ Life Orb (latias?)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog

latios is in for defog and because i needed another strong special attacker. roost over and 3rd damaging move to give a little more longevity with the life orb damage. life orb for the biggest damage output without locking in a move. most likely taking off roost for hp fighting thinking of adding leftovers for recovery and just changing to latias for a little extra bulk since this team is lacking bulk. Just changed roost to hp fighting because i forgot things like bisharp exist. Staying with latios for now because i like the team being offensive.

(Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

and last but not least, Gliscor is here because i needed hazards and couldnt decide on who to use. the reason gliscor was chosen was for the bulk it provides to make up for the lacking bulk of the rest of the team, taunt is only there to stop predicted defoggers and setting up. Taunt came off for roost, Taunt just wasnt really necessary. the main point on gliscor on the team is to come in set up hazards and toxic everything. open to options on a possible better option.

So thats the team so far been laddering about 2 days right now around 1600 in OU ladder. Let me know what you think!

Rebecca <3

Banned deucer.
Gliscor and Landorus-T in the same team seems weird (both are Ground Flying Types). I would probably suggest you to try Ferrothron, since you don't have any answer to rain teams. Ferrothorn is an amazing team supporter that brings many useful resistances to the team and it checks Azumarill, Mega Gyarados and HP Grass Greninja. It can also set up Stealth Rock reliably and annoy stuff with Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. Gliscor wasn't helping too much with its defensive type to be honest. Keldeo can be a good replacement for azumarill since you don't have a reliable answer to Bisharp, so I would give it a try too!

Gliscor and Landorus-T in the same team seems weird (both are Ground Flying Types). I would probably suggest you to try Ferrothron, since you don't have any answer to rain teams. Ferrothorn is an amazing team supporter that brings many useful resistances to the team and it checks Azumarill, Mega Gyarados and HP Grass Greninja. It can also set up Stealth Rock reliably and annoy stuff with Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. Gliscor wasn't helping too much with its defensive type to be honest. Keldeo can be a good replacement for azumarill since you don't have a reliable answer to Bisharp, so I would give it a try too!
Thanks for the feedback back i will surely try that out and see how it works!

For mega medicham I would definetly roll with fake out because you don't gain the added speed from mega evolving until the second turn, and normal medicham isn't fast enough to outspeed many threats. Also, substitute would be pretty much situational as you could only use it on an opponent switch out or boosting move because almost all attacks will do more than 25% to him and break his sub on the same turn.

Nice team, but some suggestions are in need.

Medicham

Nice in overall, but the question when Making a M-Medicham is 'Damage, or Accuracy?'

Drain Punch ≈ Hi Jump Kick

Drain Punch gives some nice HP recovery when you don't have a wish passer, and you don't have to worry about losing 50% when you miss or get a Protect to the face. Though, HJK will destroy pokemon quickly, with no worries of landing in 2HKO and 3HKO land.

Psycho Cut ≈ Zen Headbutt

Psycho Cut has a High Crit Ratio, and 100 percent accuracy while you're only losing a bit of Base Damage. Though, Zen Headbutt gives some extra damage, but missing might be catastrophic, since M-Medicham isn't the bulkiest.

Like I said, it's all preference.

Magnezone

Standard, but one thing.

Scarf > Specs

Some extra Special Attack isn't necessarily good, as the lack of speed will probably result in you getting pulverized by both fire and ground moves. That speed will help, easily if you just want to Voltturn without taking damage.

Azumarill

Superpower ≈ Waterfall

After the BD, Aqua Jet rips into most pokemon. That's all there is to it. But Waterfall sacks off Non-Sturdy Skarm, and Scizor, while Superpower is all that Azu will have to take out Ferrothorn. In general, Praise Blue Jesus.

Lando-T

Preference.
Scarf ≈ Lefties.

Gliscor

No no no no. Gliscor is meant to stall, not to set up rocks. It's also noticable that you have no Fire type. Hm? There's no need to fear. Heatran is here.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpD / 76 Spe / 176 SpA
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
- Protect / Roar

Nice tank to have, sets up Rocks and can break sweeps with Roar or scout with Protect. Toxic breaks walls while WoW breaks Physical beasts and stalls. Remember the magic word, Preference.

Good luck with the team!

~ KMPE

Nice team, but some suggestions are in need.

Medicham

Nice in overall, but the question when Making a M-Medicham is 'Damage, or Accuracy?'

Drain Punch ≈ Hi Jump Kick

Drain Punch gives some nice HP recovery when you don't have a wish passer, and you don't have to worry about losing 50% when you miss or get a Protect to the face. Though, HJK will destroy pokemon quickly, with no worries of landing in 2HKO and 3HKO land.

Psycho Cut ≈ Zen Headbutt

Psycho Cut has a High Crit Ratio, and 100 percent accuracy while you're only losing a bit of Base Damage. Though, Zen Headbutt gives some extra damage, but missing might be catastrophic, since M-Medicham isn't the bulkiest.

Like I said, it's all preference.

Magnezone

Standard, but one thing.

Scarf > Specs

Some extra Special Attack isn't necessarily good, as the lack of speed will probably result in you getting pulverized by both fire and ground moves. That speed will help, easily if you just want to Voltturn without taking damage.

Azumarill

Superpower ≈ Waterfall

After the BD, Aqua Jet rips into most pokemon. That's all there is to it. But Waterfall sacks off Non-Sturdy Skarm, and Scizor, while Superpower is all that Azu will have to take out Ferrothorn. In general, Praise Blue Jesus.

Lando-T

Preference.
Scarf ≈ Lefties.

Gliscor

No no no no. Gliscor is meant to stall, not to set up rocks. It's also noticable that you have no Fire type. Hm? There's no need to fear. Heatran is here.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpD / 76 Spe / 176 SpA
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
- Protect / Roar

Nice tank to have, sets up Rocks and can break sweeps with Roar or scout with Protect. Toxic breaks walls while WoW breaks Physical beasts and stalls. Remember the magic word, Preference.

Good luck with the team!

~ KMPE
Thank you for all the feedback i will for sure try out some of the tweaks!

Hello bro , nice team. I would change Hidden Power Fighting to Earthquake , on Latios , then change his nature to Hasty. With earthquake you can counter some of his checks like Heatran or Empoleon , and still damage seriously Bisharp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)