XY OU My mid tier OU Team. Suggestions would help!!!

Hello Showdown! I have been using this team for months now and has been get to higher places. The thing is, I get haxed out alot. My friends say that it's the team that I am using and i'm not sure. So if you have any suggestions for this team, please tell me ^-^

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab, fairy coverage

Garchomp takes advantage of the sandstorm caused by tyranitar.
I made sure his moves aren't close to Gardevoir's so they can easily switch from back to forth if there is a obstacle (Specifically speaking of Keldeo).
He is over all the best Dragon that fits in this team.

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Main role is to keep Dragons from destroying my team, If a scarf chomp outspeeds mine, it could easily become gg. Talking about scarfs, I said Garchomp is opposite to Gardevoir when it comes to move, but she isn't that fast compared to other sweepers in OU. I mainly depend on survivability of her to finish her job.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Let's be honest here, he is one of the best leads in the game. Some people prefer pain split over t-wav but i'm uncertain. Rotom is the best lead for this team because of will o wisp and t-wav will make sure that the slower(or mediogre speed ) Pokemon will outspeed or out damage the enemy team. I run a physical Rotom because not much people see it coming.

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Me First

Talonflame is has a simple job, it's to break teams. Garchomp is very powerful but I would rather have him as a late game sweeper to outspeed anything. My team, also does not have priority and that is dangerous. He also bring Coverage against pokemon like Venusuar. With its thick fat ability I won't be harming that thing without Talon.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

I would hardly lead but will send out if I have an SR opportunity or take hits from M-Manetric. I take him out also when I need to break certain stalls with sandstorm damage. Also since I have 3 pokes with immunity to storm, it wouldn't hurt to hurt the other team.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Last but not least, Skarmony. Defoger and Stall/ Set up clearer. She is extremely helpful If my team is taking heavy physical damage that my rotom can't say Yummy to. She can also come in as a death spoter late game when the enemy hazard layer is out and there is nothing on the field.

After all of this, what do you think? Should I cut someone out and replace? Is it good the way it is?

Last edited:
Well to start you off; tyranitar can learn ice punch and ice punch>ice fang. Also I would go with leftovers instead of Sitrus berry on rotom. On talonflame I would run jolly over adamant so that you can outspeed greninja and u-turn out of him

Well to start you off; tyranitar can learn ice punch and ice punch>ice fang. Also I would go with leftovers instead of Sitrus berry on rotom. On talonflame I would run jolly over adamant so that you can outspeed greninja and u-turn out of him
Oops not sure why I have Ice fang didn't mean that lol. I guess Leftovers on Rotom would be better in a sand team thanks. About Greninja I don't want to lose the adamant because priority Brave bird OHKO's him 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 325-384 (113.6 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO.

I run a physical Rotom because not much people see it coming.
Many people go physically defensive for their Rotom-W. It's almost a standard. The standard EVs are..

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The 44 Speed EVs allow Rotom-W to outspeed Jolly max Speed Belly Drum Azumarill, and burn it. A physically defensive set is best suited to the metagame, and makes it easier for Rotom-W to counter powerful Flying-types such as Mega Pinsir and Talonflame.
Running Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp at the same time looks like a waste to me.. But if it works for you, okay. But while Pain Split is not very reliable, it is better than nothing.

Please remove that 4 EVs invested in HP and put it somewhere else. That 4 EVs will make your HP an even number, reducing the amount of switch-ins into Stealth Rock. I am talking about your Garchomp, Gardevoir, and Talonflame especially.

Mega Gardevoir is my favorite mega. I'd like to suggest:
Run Focus Blast over Shadow Ball since that will hit many steel type mons. Shadow Ball does not hit anything relevant anyways.
Run Taunt/Calm Mind/Substitute over Hidden Power Fire. Focus Blast will do similar damage on Ferrothorn and Skamory as HP Fire, and using Taunt you can beat stall, like Chansey. Calm Mind will boost your SpA even more, and Subs will make you safer to spam Hyper Voice.
Run Modest. This will boost your SpA to ridiculously high levels, breaking stall.
Put that 4 EVs into SpD.
Run 0 Atk IVs.

If you are trying to abuse sand, there is a perfect mon for this.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin/Sword Dance
The Speed gained from Sand Rush significantly improves Excadrill's offensive presence, improving its ability to revenge kill or possibly even sweep. Adamant Excadrill's Life Orb-boosted Earthquake hits hard; with a bit of prior damage, it is capable of taking down most Pokemon in a single strike. The effectiveness of Iron Head and Rock Slide as coverage moves is noticeably enhanced by the Life Orb boost. In particular, Excadrill is capable of 3HKOing Mandibuzz with Life Orb (which is relevant if Rock Slide flinches Mandibuzz). The last slot determines how this set is played. If Swords Dance is used, Excadrill gains the ability to break through sturdier Pokemon such as Mandibuzz and sweep entire teams outright. On the other hand, if Rapid Spin is used, it can provide the team with semi-consistent anti-entry hazard support in addition to functioning as a top-notch attacker/revenge killer.
When using this set, use Smooth Rock instead of Leftovers for your Tyranitar, while using a defensive EV spread to use more sand. This will outspeed many things in sand, and it will kill fairies. If you are going to keep Skamory, you can replace this with ScarfChomp. It can work as a spinner, and then you can replace Defog on your Skamory for something else, or you can replace it for a whole different mon in your favor.

Ok, first thanks for taking the time out for the suggestions! With the HP on SR I actually forgot about that thanks. I'm using the set for Gardevoir, its better, but the focus miss happens ( nothing you can do -_-). I am running smooth rock, and haven't had any problems thus far. About the Excadrill suggestion, he would be powerful on my team, but I wouldn't replace a revenge killing dragon type that has immunity to sand. I would probably replace Skarmonry with Sand Rush Excadrill with air ballon. I'm still uncertain, but thank you! ^_^

On garchomp, run fire blast over poison jab and a naive nature to damage skarmory/ferrothorn on the switch. On gardevoir, I would recommend you use hyper voice, psyshock, focus blast, and a filler move such as taunt or will-o-wisp. Also, run a spread of 24 def / 232 sp. atk / 252 speed to survive 2 psyshocks from latios, making it a better check. On talonflame, I would suggest tailwind > me first since me first is quite unreliable, and tailwind can let talonflame suicide and set up a potential sweep for your team. Also run 44 speed evs on rotom and will-o-wisp to outspeed jolly azumarill and burn it. On support t-tar, I would suggest using a physically defensive set with max hp/def, a relaxed nature, and stealth rock/ice beam/stone edge/earthquake. Edgequake offers fantastic coverage, and ice beam hits physical walls like gliscor or landorus who switch in on you hard. I would also agree with the suggestion above to use sand rush excadrill over scarf chomp with smooth rock t-tar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)