Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
Ties are not implemented in gen 4-1. Probably removed when ties were removed in gen 5+?

Something that's a bit random and possibly a bit harder to fix depending on how things are coded is that removing a team above the queued one in "Look for a battle" will change the queued team. This could potentially fuck you over if you choose the wrong team on accident (say, loading LC for ubers or something).

Used scald on a Talonflame with my Unaware Quagsire, Talonflame had +2 Special Defense (from a Baton Passed Amnesia, don't ask) and was clearly an SD set (boosted in my face, did >30% afterward, so it was not AV or special defensive). Unaware ignored the attack boost the Talonflame had, but not the defensive boosts. Unaware ignores ALL stat changes the opponent has, not just offensive ones, and for some reason it only ignored the SD, not the Amnesia.

Source:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unaware

Used scald on a Talonflame with my Unaware Quagsire, Talonflame had +2 Special Defense (from a Baton Passed Amnesia, don't ask) and was clearly an SD set (boosted in my face, did >30% afterward, so it was not AV or special defensive). Unaware ignored the attack boost the Talonflame had, but not the defensive boosts. Unaware ignores ALL stat changes the opponent has, not just offensive ones, and for some reason it only ignored the SD, not the Amnesia.

Source:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unaware
Although, a replay would be more helpful toward this kind of situation this is what I can assume from that.
The only possible way it could of done 30% afterwards is if it was a specially defensive Talonflame(Very odd) and if your Quagsire had no Special Attack EVS with a low role on the damage:
0 SpA Quagsire Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 110-132 (30.5 - 36.6%) -- 55% chance to 3HKO

For the strangest reason, my Magby's IVs won't stick; I'm using 17 HP IVs so that I can hit 20 HP (which means I hit 50% after using Belly Drum and use Berry Juice), but every time I close showdown it reverts to 31 and I have to reset the IVs to 17 manually. Any reason why/way to fix it?

EDIT: Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for forgetting to read the OP again, my bad. Won't happen again, sir.

Last edited:
For the strangest reason, my Magby's IVs won't stick; I'm using 17 HP IVs so that I can hit 20 HP (which means I hit 50% after using Belly Drum and use Berry Juice), but every time I close showdown it reverts to 31 and I have to reset the IVs to 17 manually. Any reason why/way to fix it?
This, I guess?

Known non-battle Bugs
- After manually editing (typing) the EVs/IVs/Nature/etc of a Pokémon, the change doesn't get saved if you quit the teambuilder screen by pressing the X in the tab while in the Pokémon details screen. Temporary work-around: press the button labeled "< Team" first. Afterwards, close the teambuilder.

Although, a replay would be more helpful toward this kind of situation this is what I can assume from that.
The only possible way it could of done 30% afterwards is if it was a specially defensive Talonflame(Very odd) and if your Quagsire had no Special Attack EVS with a low role on the damage:
0 SpA Quagsire Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 110-132 (30.5 - 36.6%) -- 55% chance to 3HKO
Apologies, I didn't think to save it at the time. I only thought to look up the details of unaware after it ended (it didn't change the outcome of the match as I toxic-stalled the bird out anyway).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-167971230

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug but this is at the very least an annoyance that should be looked at immediately
This is basically what happened causing me to lose the battle:

1)Battle started, normal stuff happens.

2)Opponent DC'ed

3)I turn on the timer, then i tab out (i havent picked a move)

4)It says "60 seconds remaining for pro at ubers"(or whatever its supposed to say)

5)He comes back when theres ~ 10 seconds before he auto-loses, then picks a move

6)I tab in a few seconds after, checking if i won the battle yet, and HIS 60 second timer runs out(I still havent picked a move)

7)LT3C Wrackle lost due to inactivity.

If moderators are confused of what the issue is/my explanation(i suck at explaining stuff) they can message me/skype me(wrackle)/w/e i just want this fixed
The answer is right there. The timer runs for both of you, therefore since you did not make a move and he did last second, It made you lose of inactivity rather than him. The issue could of been prevented if you had chosen a move prior to starting the timer or at least prior to tabbing out . Did the battle show "Player 2 has 30 seconds remaining" at any point? That could of indicated as you after all.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A glitch ths time:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-89693885

Turn 5.
Life orb malamar uses rockslide, gets sent out to carracosta due to accelgors red card. Carracosta takes the life orb damage
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/unratedrandombattle-113649439

Match was yesterday.

In Turn 4, Conkledurr didn't take Life Orb recoil using Mach Punch when I switched in Red Card Slurpuff. Is Red Card supposed to take precedence before the recoil?
Also had the Mega-Heracross glitch but it was already pointed out.
I've now had something else happen along these lines turn 4 of this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-168132365

What actually is the correct interaction of LO attacks used (by a non-Sheer Force mon) on a mon carrying Red Card? I'd test cartridge mechanics myself but I don't own the game.

I was playing a gen 3 game, my opponent had a magneton, which he told me had 0 evs in defense and hp, and i had a forretress. My forretress had an attack stat of 216, and used earthquake, the magneton lived at 1%. I don't know if it's the internal formula in the simulator that's wrong, or the smogon damage calculator, but according to the damage calculator magneton should be ko'd 100% of the time.

I was playing a gen 3 game, my opponent had a magneton, which he told me had 0 evs in defense and hp, and i had a forretress. My forretress had an attack stat of 216, and used earthquake, the magneton lived at 1%. I don't know if it's the internal formula in the simulator that's wrong, or the smogon damage calculator, but according to the damage calculator magneton should be ko'd 100% of the time.
He must've actually had some HP and/or defense investment and was just telling you that he didn't.

It could of had the ability Sturdy which prevented the OHKO. Alternatively if it didn't mention sturdy then it could of been what Trickster said.

EDIT: Woops my mistake about sturdy in gen 3. Anyways, after calc'ing, the Magneton could of had max hp, the guy had probably lied about no evs (Or probably didn't even notice he misplaced them) and you just got a semi low role
0 Atk Forretress Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magneton: 276-328 (90.7 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
When I used knock off on my opponent, it failed to remove their item. Examine on turns 26 and 27, the rocky helmet was not removed from ferrothorn.

every night, before sleeping, i ask myself why smogon has a gen 1 ou ladder "full" of people playing without freeze clause in a mg where freezing condition is so strong.

Surely it isn't, but I hope it is.

since i think there is no reason to play rby without freeze clause on new simulators, (well, quite frankly, i don't know why we play without that even in all the other meta, but np) especially in a generation where ice moves have 10% chances to kill one of your pokémon? Lots of RBY games are decided by freezing the opposing chansey/other important pokès like snorlax. This condition gives you such an advantage that battlers often try to freeze those poké. back in the past i've never seen an high level battle played without that clause, if I am wrong about that, please tell me.

plus gen3OU:

Turn 26

Tyranitar, come back!

Go! Blissey!
Blissey is hurt by the spikes!

Blissey fainted!

Go! Celebi!
Celebi is hurt by the spikes!

The opposing Blissey used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! Celebi lost 42.6% of its health!
The sandstorm rages.

Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The opposing Blissey is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The opposing Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
This bug is so annoying :(

Last edited:
When I used knock off on my opponent, it failed to remove their item. Examine on turns 26 and 27, the rocky helmet was not removed from ferrothorn.
Do you have a replay?
Not positive, but I'm pretty sure that if you die from Iron Barbs or Rocky Helmet damage, the move's extra effect doesn't activate. For instance, if a Pokemon uses Rapid Spin on Ferrothorn and dies in the process, rocks stay up.

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure that if you die from Iron Barbs or Rocky Helmet damage, the move's extra effect doesn't activate. For instance, if a Pokemon uses Rapid Spin on Ferrothorn and dies in the process, rocks stay up.
So the OP just needs to be expanded upon the rapid spin thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)