Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Well now, it just seems like all of the backstory they built up to this point didn't have much of an impact on the plot if it's all going to boil down to a final showdown.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
There needs to be some resolve here.... lol, Naruto needs to realize that if he kills Sasuke they're done for. Sasuke's power is absolutely nuts though, 1 single look with the Rinnegan and all the Bijuu got controlled shits too real right now. I can already see Sakura fucking this fight up.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
this is what is going to happen:

naruto and sasuke are both going to have flash backs of what type of friends they were to eachother, blah blah blah, and the infinite tsuko is going to end with sasuke using chidori on his part of the seal and naruto using rasengan on his part of the seal, and when they connect both jutsus, the infinite tusko will end.

this is what is going to happen:

naruto and sasuke are both going to have flash backs of what type of friends they were to eachother, blah blah blah, and the infinite tsuko is going to end with sasuke using chidori on his part of the seal and naruto using rasengan on his part of the seal, and when they connect both jutsus, the infinite tusko will end.
that actually seems really accurate lmao

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a fight that could srsly never end. Seriously-- are these guys even capable of hurting each other...?

The series has built into both characters a whole lot more defense than offense it just doesn't seem like they can actually do anything to each other.

Naruto Offense v. Sasuke defense
First off, Sasuke has the Rinengan, so he is able to cancel any Ninjutsu-- so rule out basically every kind of huge ninjutsu as long as Sasuke doesn't overuse his Rinnengan. Sasuke is different from Pain in that he can absorb nature energy.

On the Taijutsu front, Sasuke is physically slower than beast mode Naruto, but the predictive powers of his Sharingan + the Rinnengan's teleportation ability that trumps Naruto's physical speed basically makes Sasuke impossible to hit with an attack that doesn't cover his whole teleport range (and again, Sasuke can just absorb big ninjutsu). Naruto could try fill up that whole space with shadow clones. That's a potential weakness, but not one likely to come into play because--

Susanou. If everything else fails (which it won't) Sasuke still has Susanou, which let's Sasuke fly (moving his teleport zone) and protects him from most attacks.

Sasuke offense v. Naruto defense

Naruto is physically faster than Sasuke (by a LOT-- Sasuke was overwhelmed by Raikage's Speed and hasn't gained any major physical boosts since, where Naruto was faster than Raikage's just with his incomplete ninetales form-- now he has connection to ALL the tailed beasts' Chakra, and can combine it with his natural sage chakra too). Speaking of sage mode, 6th path sage mode's sensory ability combined with Naruto's superior speed and ability to Fly is going to make it all but impossible for Sasuke to hit Naruto with anything-- even with Teleporting. All of this presumes Sasuke actually figures out which body is the real body and not a Shadow Clone, pretty much impossible since Kaguya couldn't do it even with ALL THREE of the great doujutsu (while Sasuke lacks the Byakugan).

Naruto also has the tailed beasts inside him, making him immune to most Genjutsu... so yeah. It's a potential weakness, but not one likely to come into play.

Finally when all else fails (which it won't) there's still Naruto's beast shrowd and regenerating abilities to take into account-- and his sage healing powers. On top of all this, Naruto is able to use the 6th paths black matter like Madara, which is capable of making basically indestructible shields, so in the unlikely event Sasuke actually hits Naruto with something, there's not a whole lot that something can do in terms of lasting damage.

In fact all of these types of problems existed in the fight with Kaguya, who could only hurt Naruto/Sasuke with her spears, because those were the only attacks she had that could trump Naruto's healing/shields and Sasuke's Susanou/jutsu absorption.

Sasuke and Naruto too had nothing to actually hurt Kaguya, and only got around her defense by sealing her (as opposed to beating her by damage).

In Sasuke v Naruto, there will be no sealing. There are no attacks either has as decisive as Kaguya's spears (which were still pretty crap in practical application).

Unless Kishi totally ignores the canon powers of both characters (which he probably will, cause otherwise it'd never end), this might as well be a double-slapping contest between two Blissey.

Last edited:

CrushinDefeat

Is there some reason the two can't fight to physical exhaustion? That seems to be the only way Hasirama and Madara ever finished a fight.
Yeah theres always ending the fight because of physical exhaustion, On one hand I feel like Naruto could definitely outlast Sasuke in a fight due to the tailed beast chakra in him, and then on the other hand, I feel like Naruto and Sasuke will drop to the floor only for Naruto to get up and reach out to Sasuke who will most likely take his hand. What if they both became Hokage lmaoo.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Naruto should definitely have an advantage with stamina, from what we've seen. Time for Sakura to bust some heads.

While the Rinnengan allows you to absorb nature energy, you could still overload on absorbing too much and turn into stone like the one Pain did...he'd make an awesome statue to beat on also. Besides Sasuke only has 1 Rinnengan, if all this eye power crap has taught us anything, only having 1 both causes more strain on the user (if it's not natural) and only has half the effectiveness that having both would. Naruto will win because of plot armor and talk no jutsu, but he also has the advantage in strength as well, just the black matter balls alone gives him incredible offensive/defensive potential to block any of Sasuke's attacks since he can't use nature energy to get through them.

I want it to be them both fighting to the point of exhaustion, doing the whole "Rasengan/Chidori" clash which will release the Infinite Tsukiyomi. Then, Sasuke decides to be TNJed, only for Sakura to snap his neck. Dammit Kishi, I want her to do something!!!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there some reason the two can't fight to physical exhaustion? That seems to be the only way Hasirama and Madara ever finished a fight.
That's the only thing I can think of-- but considering Sasuke just used jibaku tensei on 9 complete tailed beasts like it was nothing (Pain would never have been able to manage even 1), not to mention casting a Genjutsu that could catch all of them in seconds...

Honestly, ever since he got the sage's power, we haven't seen even the slightest implication of Sasuke tiring. He also seems capable of using all the mangekyo jutsu with just his regular Sharingan.

I think Sasuke is probably at a significant stamina disadvantage, but it's harder to say considering how effortless and stable his jutsu have become.

Of course all this applies to Naruto as well.
While the Rinnengan allows you to absorb nature energy, you could still overload on absorbing too much and turn into stone like the one Pain did...he'd make an awesome statue to beat on also. Besides Sasuke only has 1 Rinnengan, if all this eye power crap has taught us anything, only having 1 both causes more strain on the user (if it's not natural) and only has half the effectiveness that having both would. Naruto will win because of plot armor and talk no jutsu, but he also has the advantage in strength as well, just the black matter balls alone gives him incredible offensive/defensive potential to block any of Sasuke's attacks since he can't use nature energy to get through them.
Remember, Sasuke had the cursed seal, so he's completely used to molding natural energy. He also can used sixth sage chakra now. Absorbing Naruto's Chakra/ninjutsu won't be an issue for Sasuke like it was with Pain.

CrushinDefeat

I would LOVE it if Sasuke took Sakura as a shield, if he were to pull something like that, it would be just ruthless, but back to Naruto vs Sasuke, do we get something similar to their first encounter, with Naruto scratching off Sasuke's head protector? I would love to see that incorporated it would be great to see a culmination of their history.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was hoping it would come down to this. Now that Sasuke has had time to think, he at least has a clear mission in mind, although I don't think this is what Itachi had in mind.

It's now revealed that Sasuke is going to appear in the movie which means that the theory that Naruto is going to kill Sasuke is wrong. This makes me pumped to see what's going to happen and hopefully we'll get an end that isn't fucked up. Kakashi appeared too.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Part of me wants Sasuke to die, but part of me wants him to live so he and Naruto can form a bond similar to Madara and Hashirama, except you know, never fight again.

So...another dumb holiday going on, no Jump published this week, scans just later than usual, etc? Thought Naruto only went on break for last week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)